PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Steve Nash: Lakers' offense will be more fluid without Dwight Howard

LkrFan
07-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Steve Nash recently tried to sway Dwight Howard to stay. Now that the center is with the Houston Rockets, Nash looks forward to Pau Gasol taking on a bigger role in the offense.

"I think [Gasol] gives a little more fluidity. The ball can move more," Nash said Sunday at his Steve Nash Foundation Showdown/soccer match. "We can use him as a facilitator. He's such a versatile player that it's going to be a lot of fun to have him making plays and scoring inside."

Gasol spent much of the season injured or a spectator in the offense as the Lakers tried to feature Howard. It's no coincidence that when Coach Mike D'Antoni gave Gasol a more prominent place in the offense, the Lakers finished the regular season playing some of their best basketball.

"He chose to go somewhere else, I wish him the best," Nash said of Howard. "If he doesn't want to be here, we don't want someone who is unhappy."

The Lakers have signed center Chris Kaman to either start alongside Gasol or to play behind him off the bench.

"At times I think they'll play together some, but they'll also sub out for each other," said Nash of Gasol and Kaman.

Jordan Farmar is expected to join the team shortly. The Lakers also signed swingmen Nick Young and Wesley Johnson.

"It's great to get some youth and athleticism on our team," Nash said. "I think it was something that was sorely missed last year."

Nash struggled through much of the season with injury. He broke his leg in the second game of the year and finished hurt with hip, hamstring and back issues.

"I'm still rehabbing but I'm getting there and I'm feeling strong," said Nash. "I still have a little bit to go but I'll be ready to go."

LINK (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-steve-nash-lakers-offense-fluid-without-howard-20130715,0,1956181.story)

I'm not worried about the offense. Like Nash said, the offense will be much more fluid with Pau in the pivot. He can score on the block, pass to cutters and spot up chuckers, etc. I'm worried about giving up 12:lol ppg.

BatManu20
07-15-2013, 09:05 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsbgiiYKBi1r30yjlo1_500.gif

BatManu20
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234778541_lol.jpg

irishock
this lesbian :lol

lefty
07-15-2013, 09:06 PM
The Lakers offense is always fluid when Kobe is on the court

Thebesteva
07-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Lakers will suck this year but honestly letting Dwight go was the right decision. It made no sense at the time how not getting Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, or Kevin Garnett would work in the Lakers favor. I remember everyone laughing their assess off at the organization, then they got Pau and everyone was like....ah fuck the NBA is rigged though :'(. Not to mention Popovich crying like a Croatian bitch over how unfair it was to trade draft picks and a guy by the name of Marc gasol to the Grizz.

Joyrider
07-15-2013, 09:11 PM
What are they gonna do for the 25-30 games Nash misses for injuries/child dodging?

spurraider21
07-15-2013, 09:14 PM
:cry we're not salty :cry
:cry we're better off without him :cry

lefty
07-15-2013, 09:17 PM
http://11.media.tumblr.com/g3ftxjHoKqb2cu9mGsFcH0U3o1_500.gif

scroteface
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
The Lakers offense is always fluid when Kobe is on the court

piss is a fluid..like piss poor :lol

LkrFan
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
piss is a fluid..like piss poor :lol
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Clipper Nation
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Will Lakerfan ever stop being salty over Bible Kemp or are they just going to flood the board with these butthurt threads for the rest of their lives? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
they are pisesd they misesd out on biblekemp genes

StrengthAndHonor
07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Lakers will suck this year but honestly letting Dwight go was the right decision. It made no sense at the time how not getting Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, or Kevin Garnett would work in the Lakers favor. I remember everyone laughing their assess off at the organization, then they got Pau and everyone was like....ah fuck the NBA is rigged though :'(. Not to mention Popovich crying like a Croatian bitch over how unfair it was to trade draft picks and a guy by the name of Marc gasol to the Grizz.

I know some of you Laker fans act like Dwight is not a huge loss, but tbh, it is. Dwight's defensive presence alone was the real reason the Lakers made the playoffs not Kobe Johnson's play as the media likes to portray it.

I don't even like Dwight but having him in your franchise along with another possible big time FA in 2014 and 2015 would catapult the Lakers back into contention in such a short amount of time. Now they're left with scraps (Rondo, Melo, Love)

Thebesteva
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I know some of you Laker fans act like Dwight is not a huge loss, but tbh, it is. Dwight's defensive presence alone was the real reason the Lakers made the playoffs not Kobe Johnson's play as the media likes to portray it.

I don't even like Dwight but having him in your franchise along with another possible big time FA in 2014 and 2015 would catapult the Lakers back into contention in such a short amount of time. Now they're left with scraps (Rondo, Melo, Love)

I dont disagree, I was rooting for Dwight to LA since 2009. But the timing was wrong, the Lakers have been avoiding rebuilding for so long it bit them in the ass. They need to rebuild for more than just 2014 since they delayed the process, maybe till 2016-17 before they have a respectful team and why should Dwight deal with that many years of mediocrity?

Aside from Lebron in which we're not getting him, who is a homerun in 2014? Carmelo seems to be the best player Lakers are eyeing and I'm sorry a team of Carmelo and Dwight isn't special. But I still don't think Dwight is all that great anymore, even if he re-signed with the Lakers, he has lost a ton of athleticism.

The Lakers need to rebuild now for a minimum of 4-5 years before they are contenders, I understand why Dwight had to leave. I also think Kobe may find himself not retiring as a Laker if he continues to demand a max contract after this season. Lakers will still be the most interesting soap opera in all of sports for the next year or so.

whitemamba
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Like offense is our problem, classic of Nash not to talk about defense.

ambchang
07-15-2013, 11:07 PM

Too early to re-write history.

TE
07-15-2013, 11:09 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

StrengthAndHonor
07-15-2013, 11:14 PM
I dont disagree, I was rooting for Dwight to LA since 2009. But the timing was wrong, the Lakers have been avoiding rebuilding for so long it bit them in the ass. They need to rebuild for more than just 2014 since they delayed the process, maybe till 2016-17 before they have a respectful team and why should Dwight deal with that many years of mediocrity?

Aside from Lebron in which we're not getting him, who is a homerun in 2014? Carmelo seems to be the best player Lakers are eyeing and I'm sorry a team of Carmelo and Dwight isn't special. But I still don't think Dwight is all that great anymore, even if he re-signed with the Lakers, he has lost a ton of athleticism.

The Lakers need to rebuild now for a minimum of 4-5 years before they are contenders, I understand why Dwight had to leave. I also think Kobe may find himself not retiring as a Laker if he continues to demand a max contract after this season. Lakers will still be the most interesting soap opera in all of sports for the next year or so.

All valid and fair points, and I agree, a Melo-Howard tandem really is no better, in fact I'd say its worse than a Kobe-Howard duo. And I believe that though Kobe brought a lot to the table during his heyday, L.A's and/or the Buss loyalty has caused their franchise a huge amount of opportunity to move forward by opting to keep Kobe and run their cash cow for as long as he can walk, and this why I'm also in agreement that the rebuilding process is well beyond the 2016 season.

And its also true that Howard and another big time FA will not bring a championship to the Lakers, given the realistic options, but I always felt with Howard their odds increases by two fold and the Lakers are within striking distance with him in the middle, additionally, the Lakers being what they are, its plausible they can pull another deal somewhere along the way that would put them above the competition. I just feel like Dwight is a huge part of any team who seriously wants to win a championship.

Lakers struck gold with Kobe, Shaq, Gasol and Jackson, just like the Spurs did with Duncan, Pop, Parker and Manu. Those were a once in a lifetime opportunity tbh.

Bulaien999
07-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Steve Nash hoping and praying Dwight doesn't do well in Houston.
actually I feel as if the whole city of Los Angeles is going to be watching Dwight for that I told you so moment.

Rockets fans on the other hand just happy to possibly get of the 14th pick hell we been in the last couple years.

Feel blessed real laker fans, if your team falters, all the real fans will stay and the rest will just join a different wagon.

Thread
07-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Steve Nash hoping and praying Dwight doesn't do well in Houston.
actually I feel as if the whole city of Los Angeles is going to be watching Dwight for that I told you so moment.

Rockets fans on the other hand just happy to possibly get of the 14th pick hell we been in the last couple years.

Feel blessed real laker fans, if your team falters, all the real fans will stay and the rest will just join a different wagon.

Of course, it's only human. Everybody claims otherwise, but, it's pure bull shit. I hope Howard, slips, falls and breaks his leg. If he plays I hope he puts you thru a living Hell with the free throws. I hope he runs off McHale's white ass. And I hope Asik takes a fit and makes in the middle of the locker room.

You got one way, bub:::
make the playoffs
win the last game you play.

Otherwise, I'm comin' after your fandom, and daddy-O, I'm comin' hard. & this? Please. This will be a Sunday fucking school picnic compared to what I have in store for your asses.

- Pappy

Bulaien999
07-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Of course, it's only human. Everybody claims otherwise, but, it's pure bull shit. I hope Howard, slips, falls and breaks his leg. If he plays I hope he puts you thru a living Hell with the free throws. I hope he runs off McHale's white ass. And I hope Asik takes a fit and makes in the middle of the locker room.

make the playoffs

Otherwise, I'm comin' after your fandom, and daddy-O, I'm comin' hard. & this? Please. This will be a Sunday fucking school picnic compared to what I have in store for your asses.

- Pappy

nga you haven't lived through the pains of being a rockets fan the past 15 years

From Walt Williams to moochie Norris to Charlie Ward, stromile swift, Ryan Bowen etc

Lakers had their way for many years, but unfortunately, it's time for "The reckoning"

HeatChamps
07-16-2013, 12:40 AM
They need Dwight Howard on the defensive end. Without him, they will be horrible defensively.

spurraider21
07-16-2013, 01:01 AM

Rogue
07-16-2013, 01:12 AM
DH is an offensive liability in some way and I do believe Kaman will do a better job for the Lakers offensively. It's an obvious downgrade at the defensive end but who gives a shit about D while playing under _'Antoni? He usually collects 20 something points a game from 2nd chance scores and alley-oops but he doesn't make the team's offense any better, Duncan scores less but he has a brain under his skull to know what he should do to help his team the most he's capable of, which the chocolate-colored monkey (DMC quote) doesn't have.

HeatChamps
07-16-2013, 01:49 AM
DH is an offensive liability in some way and I do believe Kaman will do a better job for the Lakers offensively. It's an obvious downgrade at the defensive end but who gives a shit about D while playing under _'Antoni? He usually collects 20 something points a game from 2nd chance scores and alley-oops but he doesn't make the team's offense any better, Duncan scores less but he has a brain under his skull to know what he should do to help his team the most he's capable of, which the chocolate-colored monkey (DMC quote) doesn't have.
There's a difference from being a bad defensive team to a terrible defensive team. This team is lottery bound atm.

HI-FI
07-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Pop had every right to bitch. that move was probably the shittiest trade that I can recall. You can't even say it was fair to Grizzlies, because Marc Gasol was nowhere what he's become to this point. Shit, even now, MVPau put the Lakers on his back and took them to 3 Finals, something Marc hasn't been able to do.

Lakers were in deep shit before that trade happened, so I can see why Pop, or any Spursfan, is pissed about. Rapist's legacy was about to implode over how shitty the Lakers were with him as the number 1 option. Spurs, Mavs and Suns were taking advantage of the power vacuum created by Kobe pushing SHaq out. Once MVPau came, a lot of teams were screwed over and Spurs Talk suddenly had a mass immigration of Laker fans. well some like Lkrfan said they coincidentally discovered SpursTalk and the internet after MVPau, but the point remains, that trade created a massive ripple effect.

I'd still love to know what happened behind the scenes, was Stern involved, did West simply fool the Grizzlies ownership, did Grizzlies ownership receive some benefits from Dr Buss etc....

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Pop had every right to bitch. that move was probably the shittiest trade that I can recall. You can't even say it was fair to Grizzlies, because Marc Gasol was nowhere what he's become to this point. Shit, even now, MVPau put the Lakers on his back and took them to 3 Finals, something Marc hasn't been able to do.

Lakers were in deep shit before that trade happened, so I can see why Pop, or any Spursfan, is pissed about. Rapist's legacy was about to implode over how shitty the Lakers were with him as the number 1 option. Spurs, Mavs and Suns were taking advantage of the power vacuum created by Kobe pushing SHaq out. Once MVPau came, a lot of teams were screwed over and Spurs Talk suddenly had a mass immigration of Laker fans. well some like Lkrfan said they coincidentally discovered SpursTalk and the internet after MVPau, but the point remains, that trade created a massive ripple effect.

I'd still love to know what happened behind the scenes, was Stern involved, did West simply fool the Grizzlies ownership, did Grizzlies ownership receive some benefits from Dr Buss etc....

Many criticized Orlando for making a stupid trade last season, they didn't even get Bynum everyone said. Look at how smart they look now.

spurraider21
07-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Many criticized Orlando for making a stupid trade last season, they didn't even get Bynum everyone said. Look at how smart they look now.

they traded a cancer who made it known he wanted out. the grizzlies traded MVPau

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 02:34 AM
they traded a cancer who made it known he wanted out. the grizzlies traded MVPau

WTF r we talking about here? The Lakers and Grizzlies made a great trade for themselves. The Lakers were ready to win a championship but needed another piece to the puzzle, in 2008 Pau was all over ESPN for vocally criticizing the Grizzlies and demanded to be released from his contract. He even threatened to leave and go play for Spain by the end of the year if he wasn't traded.

The Grizzlies saw he was too good for that particular unit and invested in the near future, they knew what Marc Gasol was and the fact they got picks from the trade and an expiring contract in Kwame Brown was a huge homerun. Just because some internet message board members didn't realize Marc's potential doesn't mean they didn't. They invested in the future. You can cry all you want about how it helped rapist win another 2, but it made sense.

It amazes me how much you guys let the hate blind you from understanding the business perspective of basketball.

HI-FI
07-16-2013, 02:35 AM
IIRC, and I could be wrong, but Houston offered a much better deal to Memphis for MVPau. Everyone knew that deal with LA was bogus, similar to how everyone knows the Nets signing of AK47 doesn't pass the smell test. The fact Marc Gasol has turned out well is a nice consolation, but I still don't think he's anywhere as good as his brother in his prime.

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 02:38 AM
IIRC, and I could be wrong, but Houston offered a much better deal to Memphis for MVPau. Everyone knew that deal with LA was bogus, similar to how everyone knows the Nets signing of AK47 doesn't pass the smell test. The fact Marc Gasol has turned out well is a nice consolation, but I still don't think he's anywhere as good as his brother in his prime.

I'm not sure that is the case, but I clearly remember hearing reports that Pau wanted to go and play in Spain because he was tired of Memphis being a non contender. I think he demanded to be traded to a contender like the Lakers.

I understand the frustration from Spurs fans, they don't get easy miracles like that for their organization and its always an us against the world attitude with your fan base, and understandably so, but the trade made a ton of sense as we now see the Grizz are solid contenders and probably WCF or Finals bound for the next few years.

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 02:42 AM

First off, The Gift! led to Z-Bo and Fat Gasol. Great trade for the Lakers (3 Finals appearances). Great trade for the Grizz (cap relief and 8).

:lmao at the bolded. If I were bandwagonning like you are insinuating, why didn't I join ST a few weeks after The Gift! went down?

Pop bitching because up until 6, you guys were Dead Men* Walking after The Gift! went down. Neal with s:loln

*One of your players is not really a man. ;)

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 02:43 AM
First off, The Gift! led to Z-Bo and Fat Gasol. Great trade for the Lakers (3 Finals appearances). Great trade for the Grizz (cap relief and 8).

:lmao at the bolded. If I were bandwagonning like you are insinuating, why didn't I join ST a few weeks after The Gift! went down?

Pop bitching because up until 6, you guys were Dead Men* Walking after The Gift! went down. Neal with s:loln

http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Someone wake Thread up and get him in here

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Someone wake Thread up and get him in here

wheres katherine?

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 02:53 AM
wheres katherine?

Hiding in the closet from Thread....he needs to take it easier on her

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Hiding in the closet from Thread....he needs to take it easier on her

what if shes a bitch?

HI-FI
07-16-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure that is the case, but I clearly remember hearing reports that Pau wanted to go and play in Spain because he was tired of Memphis being a non contender. I think he demanded to be traded to a contender like the Lakers.

I understand the frustration from Spurs fans, they don't get easy miracles like that for their organization and its always an us against the world attitude with your fan base, and understandably so, but the trade made a ton of sense as we now see the Grizz are solid contenders and probably WCF or Finals bound for the next few years.
this is true, Spursfan will always have a self righteous anger because we have to do everything the hard way. We couldn't even get great free agents when Duncan was in his unstoppable prime and we had cap space. We least we got a number 1 pick in Duncan, but NBA probably won't let that happen again.
Lakers always do get those "miracles" or "gifts" from NBA. this past season their FT advantage in the second half of the season was borderline criminal, but league didn't want Lakers out of playoffs and a team like Jazz in it. Not to mention Lakers' FT help in elimination games, especially 2002. I suppose ultimately Stern or owners worry the game won't be profitable if it doesn't have Lakers and its Hollywood drama, so most of us fans of other teams get tired of the Food Stamps. some faggots like Lkrfan though openly expect entitlement checks....

....speak of the devil.

first, at the bolded, :lol, but if he's gay I hope he scares the shit out of Laker players and fans with the threat of a buttfucking, though considering how many are in LA, perhaps his jersey becomes fashionable there.

as I said already, I remember reading Houston and another couple teams offered much better deals and assets for MVPau, but out of nowhere they sent him off to Lakers. I'll try to find that articles but I only seem to be good at using google for porn. Obviously West faciliated the whole thing, but you have to wonder if Stern did it because his MJ 2.0 project in Rapist was failing badly.

I never said you were a bandwagoner, though Lakers have hte most, but all you Rapist fans didn't join til MVPau brought home the trophies. least you have an excuse in that you didn't discover search engines until that time.

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 03:06 AM
this is true, Spursfan will always have a self righteous anger because we have to do everything the hard way. We couldn't even get great free agents when Duncan was in his unstoppable prime and we had cap space. We least we got a number 1 pick in Duncan, but NBA probably won't let that happen again.
Lakers always do get those "miracles" or "gifts" from NBA. this past season their FT advantage in the second half of the season was borderline criminal, but league didn't want Lakers out of playoffs and a team like Jazz in it. Not to mention Lakers' FT help in elimination games, especially 2002. I suppose ultimately Stern or owners worry the game won't be profitable if it doesn't have Lakers and its Hollywood drama, so most of us fans of other teams get tired of the Food Stamps. some faggots like Lkrfan though openly expect entitlement checks....

....speak of the devil.

first, at the bolded, :lol, but if he's gay I hope he scares the shit out of Laker players and fans with the threat of a buttfucking, though considering how many are in LA, perhaps his jersey becomes fashionable there.

as I said already, I remember reading Houston and another couple teams offered much better deals and assets for MVPau, but out of nowhere they sent him off to Lakers. I'll try to find that articles but I only seem to be good at using google for porn. Obviously West faciliated the whole thing, but you have to wonder if Stern did it because his MJ 2.0 project in Rapist was failing badly.

I never said you were a bandwagoner, though Lakers have hte most, but all you Rapist fans didn't join til MVPau brought home the trophies. least you have an excuse in that you didn't discover search engines until that time.

I really dont get why their arent Free Agents fighting...demanding to play for the Spurs this year. They are easily the 2nd best team in the NBA still and if only they can get a piece or two it would help alot. Getting Belinelli was great, but they need some more toughness and help for TD.

I think there's got to be a reason, probably the fact no one wants to live in San Antonio instead of big markets like LA, Miami, etc.

HI-FI
07-16-2013, 03:22 AM
I really dont get why their arent Free Agents fighting...demanding to play for the Spurs this year. They are easily the 2nd best team in the NBA still and if only they can get a piece or two it would help alot. Getting Belinelli was great, but they need some more toughness and help for TD.

I think there's got to be a reason, probably the fact no one wants to live in San Antonio instead of big markets like LA, Miami, etc.
I was happy as shit with the Bellinelli signing, i think he will play his best ball of his career for us. It's a perfect fit imo, and we got him at a great deal, which offsets overpaying Manu for causing mass heart disease and ulcers from the Finals.

I understand why free agents would rather go to LA or Miami over SA, who wouldn't if you wanted to spend lots of money on clubs, hookers and blow. the AK47 deal don't bother me, that shit was KGB shady. But this team is still right in the mix of things, even after 6, which tbh most Spursfan won't ever get over.

Not sure where SA ranks in free agent desired destinations, i've been trying to find that out. It has to be above a lot of places, but definitely behind the famous big markets. Perhaps it's the lack of endorsements, maybe playing for a system that doesn't put a premium on monkeyballing. I think the weather is decent enough compared to other places in the South, I always dug the city but I'm also not a 6'7'' black dude looking to lay down pipe, but I would be interested to see what are the preferred free agent locations.

FWIW, the Spurs seem to be a desired location for international players, as Bellinelli took a noticeable paycut to come here, while it seems the more thuggish types avoid this place like the plague.

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 03:45 AM
I was happy as shit with the Bellinelli signing, i think he will play his best ball of his career for us. It's a perfect fit imo, and we got him at a great deal, which offsets overpaying Manu for causing mass heart disease and ulcers from the Finals.

I understand why free agents would rather go to LA or Miami over SA, who wouldn't if you wanted to spend lots of money on clubs, hookers and blow. the AK47 deal don't bother me, that shit was KGB shady. But this team is still right in the mix of things, even after 6, which tbh most Spursfan won't ever get over.

Not sure where SA ranks in free agent desired destinations, i've been trying to find that out. It has to be above a lot of places, but definitely behind the famous big markets. Perhaps it's the lack of endorsements, maybe playing for a system that doesn't put a premium on monkeyballing. I think the weather is decent enough compared to other places in the South, I always dug the city but I'm also not a 6'7'' black dude looking to lay down pipe, but I would be interested to see what are the preferred free agent locations.

FWIW, the Spurs seem to be a desired location for international players, as Bellinelli took a noticeable paycut to come here, while it seems the more thuggish types avoid this place like the plague.

Which team would Trayvon go to?

HI-FI
07-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Which team would Trayvon go to?
:lol
definitely not here....or i suppose anywhere as of now.

Thebesteva
07-16-2013, 04:03 AM
definitely not here....or i suppose anywhere as of now.

trollolol

Thread
07-16-2013, 06:58 AM
There's a difference from being a bad defensive team to a terrible defensive team. This team is lottery bound atm.

And there's a difference between 5 & 6.
And there's a difference between LeBron at 2 and Bosh gettin' lynched in South Florida.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2013, 09:31 AM
IIRC, and I could be wrong, but Houston offered a much better deal to Memphis for MVPau.
Chicago offered Noah, Sefalosha, Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, and picks for Pau IIRC and got turned down, mainly because Jerry West stepped in to gift him to the Lakers for garbage (and no, how good Marc is in 2013 doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a good trade asset in 2008)....

Even Memphis' owner at the time came out and admitted he didn't get the most value possible in return for Pau.... there's a reason why the only people who insist that trade was fair and above-board to this day are Lakerfan :lol

Clipper Nation
07-16-2013, 09:39 AM
First off, The Gift! led to Z-Bo and Fat Gasol.
The Gift did not lead to ZBo, s:loln.... ironically, Memphis can thank the Clippers for having ZBo, since drafting Blake and clearing cap space for the summer of 2010 led Dunleavy to dump ZBo (who at the time was still a fat headcase and locker-room cancer) on the Grizz.....

snickles
07-16-2013, 09:47 AM
, in 2008 Pau was all over ESPN for vocally criticizing the Grizzlies and demanded to be released from his contract. He even threatened to leave and go play for Spain by the end of the year if he wasn't traded.

i don't suppose you have a source for that? i'd never heard anything about him demanding a trade. it was my understanding that the trade was a pure salary dump, and they completely lucked out that marc was as good as he turned out to be.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 09:49 AM

make the playoffs

- Pappy

Or 6, you hypocrite.

Spur-Addict
07-16-2013, 09:59 AM
The ball may move more (LOL Kobe), hell you may even score more points per game. But that skirt will be more susceptible to the wind.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2013, 10:03 AM
i don't suppose you have a source for that? i'd never heard anything about him demanding a trade. it was my understanding that the trade was a pure salary dump, and they completely lucked out that marc was as good as he turned out to be.
The only thing I can find is him telling a Spanish website in 2006 that he was "thinking of changing teams"....

http://archivo.marca.com/edicion/marca/305/nba/es/desarrollo/689129.html

ambchang
07-16-2013, 10:10 AM
WTF r we talking about here? The Lakers and Grizzlies made a great trade for themselves. The Lakers were ready to win a championship but needed another piece to the puzzle, in 2008 Pau was all over ESPN for vocally criticizing the Grizzlies and demanded to be released from his contract. He even threatened to leave and go play for Spain by the end of the year if he wasn't traded.

The Grizzlies saw he was too good for that particular unit and invested in the near future, they knew what Marc Gasol was and the fact they got picks from the trade and an expiring contract in Kwame Brown was a huge homerun. Just because some internet message board members didn't realize Marc's potential doesn't mean they didn't. They invested in the future. You can cry all you want about how it helped rapist win another 2, but it made sense.

It amazes me how much you guys let the hate blind you from understanding the business perspective of basketball.

What's with Laker fans and rewriting history?

First it was LA Lakers winning 16 titles, somehow thinking Minneapolis is part of LA. Will you be counting the NBL one any time soon and say you tied with the Celtics?

Then it was calling themselves the dominant team of the 80s when they shouldn't even have won the 87 and 88 titles if it wasn't for Stern suspending the entire Houston team for doing drugs when the entire league was on it.

Then acting like the world went into a time warp and the 90s never happened.

Then it was Shaq and Kobe had equal billing.

Then it was Kobe missed the playoffs in his prime because his team was horrible when he had decent help and NO superstar player has EVER missed the playoffs in his prime since the funky format in the 70s.

Then it was Kobe only lost to the Suns in the 1st round when he had horrible teammates when his teammates did very well in that series.

Then it was Gasol trade was a fair trade. There was better offers for Gasol (Bulls, Washington, Sota) but was turned down.

Then people treated Gasol as some support player when the Lakers played about a billion times with him on the court than with him off the court (regardless of whether Kobe was there).

Then they act like the Lakers didn't need a historically bad FTA advantage to make the playoffs.

Then they act like the Lakers with Kobe wasn't a 9th seed, and didn't make the 7th seed in 3 games with him in a boot.

Then they act like they never wanted D12 and it was actually the Lakers choosing to let D12 go.

This may have worked in 1995, but in the day of the internet, we can look things up and dismiss your blatant lies.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 10:13 AM

I call bullshit. Quote an article.

And even if you could find it, that doesn't stop bulls having a clearly better trade package than LA.

On the other hand, I can easily find dozens of articles talking about how the trade was one of the worst fleece of all time.

djohn2oo8
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM

:lmao No one knew what Marc Gasol would turn out to be. At the time it was considered the most lopsided trade in history for a reason, a straight salary dump. But since it's easy for you to look back on it now and say it was a good trade, go ahead.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 10:17 AM

Twisting bullshit again. Getting cap relief and signing Z-Bo are separate transactions.

Fat Gasol was a 2nd round pick back then who hasn't played a single minute back then.

Brown's expiring was actually the prize in that trade. Everything else was a throw in.

Comparing to the Bulls, who had been working all year on a trade that the Griz rejected over and over again, the Lakers package was obviously worse.

spurraider21
07-16-2013, 10:19 AM

I call bullshit. Quote an article.

And even if you could find it, that doesn't stop bulls having a clearly better trade package than LA.

On the other hand, I can easily find dozens of articles talking about how the trade was one of the worst fleece of all time.

silence. :rollin Pau demanded a trade

ambchang
07-16-2013, 10:20 AM

make the playoffs

- Pappy

And there's a difference between 5 & 6.
And there's a difference between LeBron at 2 and Bosh gettin' lynched in South Florida.

Could you at least keep your logic consistent in the same thread?

ohmwrecker
07-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds like early onset Alzheimer's tbh. Skeletor probably thinks he's going to make it through the season without a career ending injury. Defense?! If he took a charge at this point, he would probably explode into dust. His two middle-aged daughters will need to lead him around by the elbows to and from the games. He is going to knit all his teammates sweaters for Christmas. He is probably going to spend his bench time in a hyperbolic chamber . . . I'm saying the dude is old.

Buddy Mignon
07-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Chicago offered Noah, Sefalosha, Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, and picks for Pau IIRC and got turned down, mainly because Jerry West stepped in to gift him to the Lakers for garbage (and no, how good Marc is in 2013 doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a good trade asset in 2008)....

Even Memphis' owner at the time came out and admitted he didn't get the most value possible in return for Pau.... there's a reason why the only people who insist that trade was fair and above-board to this day are Lakerfan :lol

No, you jackass. All Memphis wanted was Deng and Thomas. Chicago paused and we swooped in and gave them the tools to become a top level team in the West.

Thread
07-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Could you at least keep your logic consistent in the same thread?

vma16
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
What's with Laker fans and rewriting history?

First it was LA Lakers winning 16 titles, somehow thinking Minneapolis is part of LA. Will you be counting the NBL one any time soon and say you tied with the Celtics?

Then it was calling themselves the dominant team of the 80s when they shouldn't even have won the 87 and 88 titles if it wasn't for Stern suspending the entire Houston team for doing drugs when the entire league was on it.

Then acting like the world went into a time warp and the 90s never happened.

Then it was Shaq and Kobe had equal billing.

Then it was Kobe missed the playoffs in his prime because his team was horrible when he had decent help and NO superstar player has EVER missed the playoffs in his prime since the funky format in the 70s.

Then it was Kobe only lost to the Suns in the 1st round when he had horrible teammates when his teammates did very well in that series.

Then it was Gasol trade was a fair trade. There was better offers for Gasol (Bulls, Washington, Sota) but was turned down.

Then people treated Gasol as some support player when the Lakers played about a billion times with him on the court than with him off the court (regardless of whether Kobe was there).

Then they act like the Lakers didn't need a historically bad FTA advantage to make the playoffs.

Then they act like the Lakers with Kobe wasn't a 9th seed, and didn't make the 7th seed in 3 games with him in a boot.

Then they act like they never wanted D12 and it was actually the Lakers choosing to let D12 go.

This may have worked in 1995, but in the day of the internet, we can look things up and dismiss your blatant lies.

DAAAAMN... hope you got some lube before putting it in

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 03:35 PM
The Gift did not lead to ZBo, s:loln.... ironically, Memphis can thank the Clippers for having ZBo, since drafting Blake and clearing cap space for the summer of 2010 led Dunleavy to dump ZBo (who at the time was still a fat headcase and locker-room cancer) on the Grizz.....

I'm speechless. W:lolw

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Twisting bullshit again. Getting cap relief and signing Z-Bo are separate transactions.

Fat Gasol was a 2nd round pick back then who hasn't played a single minute back then.

Brown's expiring was actually the prize in that trade. Everything else was a throw in.

Comparing to the Bulls, who had been working all year on a trade that the Griz rejected over and over again, the Lakers package was obviously worse.
BSNF maaaaaaaaaaaaadddd as fuck. So mad, she can't even think straight. :lol If they didn't have cap relief (that the generous LA Lakers gave him :toast), they wouldn't be able to afford signing him to det 4-year extension (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/transactions/_/name/mem/year/2011/memphis-grizzlies) in 2011. If not for Kwame's expiring contract, 8 never happens. The Gift! led to one of the biggest shitstains in Spur History. I'm so happy that the LA Lakers were part of it. N:lol wonder CIA Pop was salty at the time. :lol

ambchang
07-16-2013, 04:16 PM
LOL, how stupid can you be? The trade led to a cap relief. Whether that cap relief led to something beneficial was not known at the particular time of the trade. Those are two separate transactions, and cannot be lumped into one. That's like saying Magic getting HIV resulted in Shaq and Kobe, because the Lakers wouldn't have the 13th pick in 96 otherwise, and LA wouldn't have the necessary cap room to sign Shaq if Magic was still chugging at that point, just some stupid shit argument that Laker fans like yourself like to twist and try to make the trade sound less fishy that it really is.

Second, Grizzlies were getting offers for Gasol that would ALSO turn into cap relief. The fact that they traded Gasol to LA for the worst possible trade on the table at the time while West was with the Grizzlies smells fishy as hell.

Third, chain of events arguments are things that only people trying to twist history makes. And no, losing to an eighth seed isn't that big of a deal, it speaks to the ability of the Grizzlies more than anything. I would be much more concerned if the Spurs missed the playoffs during his prime without missing significant playing time due to injuries.

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 05:01 PM
LOL, how stupid can you be? The trade led to a cap relief. Whether that cap relief led to something beneficial was not known at the particular time of the trade. Those are two separate transactions, and cannot be lumped into one. That's like saying Magic getting HIV resulted in Shaq and Kobe, because the Lakers wouldn't have the 13th pick in 96 otherwise, and LA wouldn't have the necessary cap room to sign Shaq if Magic was still chugging at that point, just some stupid shit argument that Laker fans like yourself like to twist and try to make the trade sound less fishy that it really is.

Second, Grizzlies were getting offers for Gasol that would ALSO turn into cap relief. The fact that they traded Gasol to LA for the worst possible trade on the table at the time while West was with the Grizzlies smells fishy as hell.

Third, chain of events arguments are things that only people trying to twist history makes. And no, losing to an eighth seed isn't that big of a deal, it speaks to the ability of the Grizzlies more than anything. I would be much more concerned if the Spurs missed the playoffs during his prime without missing significant playing time due to injuries.
You're adorable when you maaaaaaaaadd as fuck. Check mate. :)

ambchang
07-16-2013, 05:03 PM
You're adorable when you maaaaaaaaadd as fuck. Check mate. :)

I can't stand idiots.

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
:cry :cry :cry

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
I can't stand idiots.

how do you deal with your self?

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
I can't stand idiots.

hehe :lol

ambchang
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM

I am generally happy with myself. But I just go hulk when i converse with Kobestans.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 05:17 PM

Is this some kind of hieroglyph that somehow constitutes as an argument, or are you resorting to you animal grunts again?

whitemamba
07-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I am generally happy with myself. But I just go hulk when i converse with Kobestans.

duly noted.

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Is this some kind of hieroglyph that somehow constitutes as an argument, or are you resorting to you animal grunts again?

Is English your 3rd language? :lol

Anywho, I guess I'll respond to your post:

LOL, how stupid can you be? The trade led to a cap relief. Whether that cap relief led to something beneficial was not known at the particular time of the trade. Who cares if it were known? They didn't get fair value (talent wise). That's not what the Grizz were after. They needed cap relief and to rebuild. Sure, they gave us their franchise player. It's funny how assholes like you bemoan it. How soon did we forget he was :lol-12 before The Gift! He was an afterthought to Spur Fans until he put on the purple and gold.

Those are two separate transactions, and cannot be lumped into one. That's like saying Magic getting HIV resulted in Shaq and Kobe, because the Lakers wouldn't have the 13th pick in 96 otherwise, and LA wouldn't have the necessary cap room to sign Shaq if Magic was still chugging at that point, just some stupid shit argument that Laker fans like yourself like to twist and try to make the trade sound less fishy that it really is. Now you just talking shit. :lol Just FYI - the Logo had been signing players to contracts that were either easily movable or expired around 1996. He had been fielding athletic teams that were fun to watch and competitive enough to attractive to FAs (like Shaq who left a more stacked Orlando team to go westward). :lmao at Magic's HIV having anything to do with it. That was just a dumb thing to say. :lol

Second, Grizzlies were getting offers for Gasol that would ALSO turn into cap relief. The fact that they traded Gasol to LA for the worst possible trade on the table at the time while West was with the Grizzlies smells fishy as hell. You sound salty as fuck. And why not? Since The Gift! it's Lakers 2, Spurs 6. :lol And for the record, both teams benefitted from The Gift! as we saw in 2011 and 2013 (6). The Grizz made a brilliant business move. I applaud them for their astounding business acumen. :toast

Third, chain of events arguments are things that only people trying to twist history makes. And no, losing to an eighth seed isn't that big of a deal, it speaks to the ability of the Grizzlies more than anything. I would be much more concerned if the Spurs missed the playoffs during his prime without missing significant playing time due to injuries. It is when they tanked on purpose to see you guys in the first round. It's like they called their shot, went out and did it. And TD just laid down and took it like a woman. :rollin :lmao :rollin

ambchang
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Is English your 3rd language? :lol

Yes, in fact it is. I would imagine a person like you would recognize a typo of having "you" instead of "your". But given your love of emoticons, I may be wrong.

Anywho, I guess I'll respond to your post:

Who cares if it were known? They didn't get fair value (talent wise). That's not what the Grizz were after. They needed cap relief and to rebuild. Sure, they gave us their franchise player. It's funny how assholes like you bemoan it. How soon did we forget he was :lol-12 before The Gift! He was an afterthought to Spur Fans until he put on the purple and gold.

It is critical that it was known. What eventually happened wasn't the issue here. The issue was that the gift was suspicious, what happened 5 years down the line has nothing to do with what happened in 07. Chicago gave them cap relief AND better young talent, and yet was repeatedly rejected.

And no, I never held his playoff record against him. Teams win in the playoffs due to matchups. An individual has much greater impact in the regular season.

Now you just talking shit. :lol Just FYI - the Logo had been signing players to contracts that were either easily movable or expired around 1996. He had been fielding athletic teams that were fun to watch and competitive enough to attractive to FAs (like Shaq who left a more stacked Orlando team to go westward). :lmao at Magic's HIV having anything to do with it. That was just a dumb thing to say. :lol

That was the point in saying how ridiculously stupid your argument of the trade led to Z-Bo. I am glad you can see the stupidity in that.

You sound salty as fuck. And why not? Since The Gift! it's Lakers 2, Spurs 6. :lol And for the record, both teams benefitted from The Gift! as we saw in 2011 and 2013 (6). The Grizz made a brilliant business move. I applaud them for their astounding business acumen. :toast

Holy crap! Did you just stumble into the field of enlightenment all of a sudden? People has been talking about the gift being suspiciously advantageous to the Lakers for 7 years, and you now just realized it? Perhaps we should put this conversation on hold for 7 years, and you can actually come back and talk about what everybody already knew all along. Maybe in 7 years, you may realize my Magic HIV example was to point out how stupid your Z-Bo argument was all along. See you in 2020.

It is when they tanked on purpose to see you guys in the first round. It's like they called their shot, went out and did it. And TD just laid down and took it like a woman. :rollin :lmao :rollin

Memphis was a terrible match up for the Spurs, and people still act like Manu wasn't injured in that series. It was similar to the Lakers this year, Kobe, a 3rd wheel, got hurt, and while it helped the Lakers make the playoffs, stopped them from coming within single digits in any of the games vs. the Spurs. If Kobe played, the Lakers may have been within 10 points in one of the four games.

LkrFan
07-16-2013, 06:53 PM
:lol - ^ maaaaaaaaaaddd again.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
:lol - ^ maaaaaaaaaaddd again.

Do you have any other comebacks other than Internet psycho analysis? It's like you white flag or something. Almost as obvious as refusing to shoot in a game 7

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 01:22 AM
:lmao

Riddler
02-20-2014, 01:23 AM

spurraider21
02-20-2014, 02:09 AM

AchillesHeel
02-20-2014, 02:23 AM
2nd highest pace in the league but 15th in the league in PPG:lmao and 22nd in ORTG :lol

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 02:27 AM
2nd highest pace in the league but 15th in the league in PPG:lmao and 22nd in ORTG :lol
Would be cool if you posted what site you got this from.

AchillesHeel
02-20-2014, 03:00 AM
Would be cool if you posted what site you got this from.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2014.html