PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller anyone?

AceProfits
07-16-2013, 02:28 PM
What you think signing him now that the Heat amnestied him?

Baam
07-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Probably just as good as Manu at this point and a much better shooter but we don't need another injury prone tosb.

AceProfits
07-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah but we don't need him full through the whole season, can work him in and keep for playoffs. If he's hot he's pretty damn good. Also makes for a fabulous storyline if spurs heat meet in finals again.

monkeypunk
07-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Won't clear waivers.

Baam
Not sure I'd call Blair and Miller switching teams a fabulous storyline...

TheyCallMePro
Were already negotiating his contract.

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Good shooter, terrible defender. Doubt he even clears waivers.

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/2010-11/mike-miller-it-is-what-it-is.gif

ginobilized
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Does this mean the Heat are clearing a space for Oden?
I hope not...

Baam
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I'd rather get Steve Blake if he get waived like rumored.

DapDaGenius
07-16-2013, 02:48 PM
I bet he'd play like shit if he came here.

Texas_Ranger
07-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't know if some of you noticed but we need a backup SF and we probably ain't getting anything better than Mike Miller. He's not really that good, but for 10 minutes he'd be fine.

look_at_g_shred
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Vic Petro
07-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Probably just as good as Manu at this point and a much better shooter but we don't need another injury prone tosb.

Um, what?

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Dwade always loved Miller. Maybe we should sign him just to spite Miami.

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually, I'm sure teams like the Lakers and Golden St will be inquiring about his services. I bet he goes to one of those teams. Not like he's going to play with a team like the Spurs just to chase a ring when he just won 2. He'll probably go live it up in LA.

illusioNtEk
07-16-2013, 03:09 PM
no plz,

Budkin
07-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Motherfucker killed us with the shoeless 3 and the first missed rebound back out to James. I don't want to think about that bitch.

ace3g
07-16-2013, 03:20 PM
and he would get his ring right in front of us, if he played for the Spurs.

K-State Spur
07-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Of course, he's a legit 3 which is the gaping hole that we've got on the roster, & Kawhi's growing role should prevent his glass body from breaking as much as any team could hope.

But I wouldn't take him for much more than the minimum, and I think he'll probably get more elsewhere. With 2 rings already, he'd probably take best offer over going ring chasing.

DapDaGenius
07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Dwade always loved Miller. Maybe we should sign him just to spite Miami.

Would've thought Mike Miller was dead after reading that.

Splits
07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
We should sign the Splitter-stopper just so no other contenders can get in on having an answer for our $36m man.

07-16-2013, 03:41 PM
:lol If I recall correctly, Miller took a pay cut to play with the Heat and his college roommate, Haslem. It was also his last chance of getting a big contract. He then helped deliver the 2012 championship. And the Heat still amnestied him.

Spurs should take note when they feel like handing out $14.5 million contracts to over-the-hill players out of loyalty.

TD 21
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
It's a no brainer to pursue him (as I'm sure they will), since he's easily the best realistic option available. But I fully expect them to lose out, probably to the Thunder or Grizzlies, who can offer more money and more playing time.

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
:lol If I recall correctly, Miller took a pay cut to play with the Heat and his college roommate, Haslem. It was also his last chance of getting a big contract. He then helped deliver the 2012 championship. And the Heat still amnestied him.

Spurs should take note when they feel like handing out $14.5 million contracts to over-the-hill players such as Manu out of loyalty.

Bruno
07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm trying so hard to erase from my memory the Finals that I'm against Spurs signing a player that could me remind me it constantly during next season.

K-State Spur
07-16-2013, 03:49 PM
It's a no brainer to pursue him (as I'm sure they will), since he's easily the best realistic option available. But I fully expect them to lose out, probably to the Thunder or Grizzlies, who can offer more money and more playing time.

The flip side is that, for Miller, more PT makes the odds of him surviving until the postseason virtually nil.

ace3g
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm trying so hard to erase from my memory the Finals that I'm against Spurs signing a player that could me remind me it constantly during next season.

Yeah I don't want to see that "ring ceremony" when the Spurs play the Heat so that Miller can get his ring, right in front of the Spurs, not to mention anytime the Spurs are in a close game, late in 4th quarter...

Anytime the Spurs miss a rebound or FT, you know the commentator will either bring it up or roll some footage of the finals...

Amuseddaysleeper
07-16-2013, 03:58 PM

:lol

TE
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
You will hear it until the end of time either way tbh.

I'm all for it. Miller can play the back up SF and even some time as a small ball PF. The only bad thing is he's very injury prone.

TE
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
We should sign the Splitter-stopper just so no other contenders can get in on having an answer for our $36m man.
:lmao tbh

TD 21
07-16-2013, 04:02 PM
The flip side is that, for Miller, more PT makes the odds of him surviving until the postseason virtually nil.

Yeah, but no competitor is going to think that way. Besides, we're talking about 15-20 mpg off the bench. If he didn't think he could still manage that, he'd probably retire.

If I'm him, I'm going to the Thunder. They can offer more money, have roughly the same chance to win a championship and he'd receive guaranteed minutes.

Vic Petro
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't see any reason why the Spurs would even entertain signing this guy. He's done.

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't see any reason why the Spurs would even entertain signing this guy. He's done.

Cause we have a gaping hole at backup SF and few options to work with at this point.

Budkin
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Fuck. And the memories come flooding back.

TE
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Fuck. And the memories come flooding back.
:lol watch a video of the fourth quarter. Let it marinate, it's cathartic in a way tbh...

BatManu20
07-16-2013, 04:13 PM
:lol watch a video of the fourth quarter. Let it marinate, it's cathartic in a way tbh...

http://i.minus.com/ir4y1ugJa1xeW.gif

K-State Spur
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah, but no competitor is going to think that way. Besides, we're talking about 15-20 mpg off the bench. If he didn't think he could still manage that, he'd probably retire.

Competitors in their 20s, sure. Vets in their 30s tend to be much more self aware. And role guys who have already been to the top tend to worry more about whether they'll get that 15-20 mpg in the postseason than whether or not they're instant rotation guys in regular season.

I agree that he is almost certainly going elsewhere. Just that it will be much more about $ than PT.

Drom John
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Y'all are talking as if Miller has already cleared amnesty waivers.
Miller's not going to get a cent over his current Heat contract, so money is a wash. And Miller's PT or preferred town don't come into play yet.

ace3g
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Nothing concrete but Memphis has been mentioned a few times on twitter as landing spot for Miller.

TD 21
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Competitors in their 20s, sure. Vets in their 30s tend to be much more self aware. And role guys who have already been to the top tend to worry more about whether they'll get that 15-20 mpg in the postseason than whether or not they're instant rotation guys in regular season.

I agree that he is almost certainly going elsewhere. Just that it will be much more about $ than PT.

More often than not, if you're not in a rotation in the regular season, then you won't be in the playoffs, either.

It'll be about a combination of both, plus the opportunity to win another championship. The Thunder are the only team I see that can offer all three.

cjw
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Does this mean the Heat are clearing a space for Oden?
I hope not...

Looks like they just had 14 guys under contract, so likely just a move now because the amnesty window which closes pretty soon. They can get Oden either way as long as he's willing to come for the mini MLE or less.

To me, the fact they dumped Miller and not Joel Anthony is either purely financial or they have doubts about their ability to bring in Oden and want the depth at center.

therealtruth
07-16-2013, 04:53 PM

He didn't stop Splitter. Pop did. All because he fell for one of Dwayne Wade's pump fakes.

sananspursfan21
07-16-2013, 05:04 PM
i always have a problem with spurs acquiring players who played a role in beating them in a previous season (unless maybe it was 3 or more years ago). Maybe that's just the competitive nature in me, but if i could get past that i might not mind him backing up kawhi...kinda one dimensional these days isn't he? and ugly

xmas1997
07-16-2013, 05:06 PM
No, please no Miller. Ge Oden!

Budkin
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM

No way. I still have never watched a replay of Manu fouling Dirk. I've seen 0.4 just because they show it all the time.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Nothing concrete but Memphis has been mentioned a few times on twitter as landing spot for Miller.
FWIW, CBS reported that OKC, the Spurs, LAC, and the Grizz are interested....

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2013, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't be mad about it, but what's the point for the Spurs, tbh?..

They already have shooters and they already have enough injury/rest concerns..

Memphis/Indiana/OKC should be all over him, though..

montgod
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
FWIW, CBS reported that OKC, the Spurs, LAC, and the Grizz are interested....

Crap... I hope that isn't the case and it's a smoke screen. He will be injured before he signs the contract and still plays no defense. How many SG/undersized SF types do we need (ie Manu, Bellini, and maybe Thomas)? If we going the vet route, rather have C. Butler if/when he gets bought out.

montgod
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
No, please no Miller. Ge Oden!

Oden talking with Heat now that they freed up some money... definitely see him going there.

benefactor
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Here you go guys. Remember, go deep and up and down...not across.

http://www.spacepaintings.com/i/SUPPLIES/razor_blades.jpg

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2013, 05:22 PM
i always have a problem with spurs acquiring players who played a role in beating them in a previous season (unless maybe it was 3 or more years ago). Maybe that's just the competitive nature in me, but if i could get past that i might not mind him backing up kawhi...kinda one dimensional these days isn't he? and uglyRobert Horry

CGD
07-16-2013, 05:24 PM
He had a decent game or two in the finals but his D was pretty bad. Pop exploited that well. Two decent games in the finals made folks forget that Miami was trying hard since last year to drop the guy (amnesty or otherwise). Think the spurs have enough shooting to do without.

mosdef17
07-16-2013, 06:16 PM
People are saying he won't clear waivers? What team with cap space remaining will actually bid on him though? I'd be surprised if he didn't clear waivers. Most teams that have cap space left are lottery-bound teams that would have no interest in a nearly-done Mike Miller taking minutes from their young guys.

I'd welcome him at the Spurs. Someone that can come in for 10-12mins per game and hit some shots. Would be for the vet minimum. Could teach Kawhi a few things, high character guy. Little to no risk. We could do worse...

exstatic
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Won't clear waivers.

He should. Anyone wanting to pay him any more than minimum with that damaged back is nuts.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Logically, yes.

Emotionally, fuck the bastid.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
He had a decent game or two in the finals but his D was pretty bad. Pop exploited that well. Two decent games in the finals made folks forget that Miami was trying hard since last year to drop the guy (amnesty or otherwise). Think the spurs have enough shooting to do without.

True, but for 12 to 15 minutes a night you'd need him to shoot and rebound. If that, because I'm sure Pop will show some 3 guard lineups next season. He would fit. It would suck, but he would fit. And the Spurs have had interest in him before.

Look, if we can embrace Robert effing Horry as a Spurs legend anything else is possible.

DPG21920
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
It's amazing how a basically crippled, one-shoe Miller can make 3's in clutch time but a fully healthy Bonner with wide open looks cannot.

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
It's amazing how a basically crippled, one-shoe Miller can make 3's in clutch time but a fully healthy Bonner with wide open looks cannot.Clutch gene? Experience? Having a pair of balls? Shit, Mike Miller even hit a few floaters on us in Game 7 I believe. He blocked Tiago Splitter LMAO.

sananspursfan21
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Robert Horry

yep! i guess i should rephrase... I initially have a problem with it. once they've been integrated as a Spur, most have turned out to be some of my favorite spurs players :)

TheGoldStandard
07-16-2013, 09:32 PM
It's amazing how a basically crippled, one-shoe Miller can make 3's in clutch time but a fully healthy Bonner with wide open looks cannot.

He spreads the floor??

Boomersgold
07-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes, please. Miller can play the back up pg, he's a deadly shooter from anywhere. Think of him as a more versatile Kyle Korver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlpAgkhu_G0

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes, please. Miller can play the back up pg, he's a deadly shooter from anywhere. Think of him as a more versatile Kyle Korver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlpAgkhu_G0Damn, watching those highlights brings back some bad memories of what he did to us in the NBA finals. I remember the dude shot a couple of floaters on us, something that Danny Green failed to do. Seriously, Danny Green needs to develop a floater or something to be somewhat lethal like Ray Allen.

Vic Petro
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM

Whaaaaaa?

Am I the only one who saw a broken down one trick pony that can't play defense? His last 4 seasons he has played in 54, 41, 39, and 59 games. Do not want.

T Park
07-16-2013, 10:14 PM
As a back up SF? Hell yes. Problem is, he becomes one of the guys you constantly rest.

PlayNando
07-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Eh, he's not ideal, but I'd take him, tbh...

Boomersgold
07-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Whaaaaaa?

Am I the only one who saw a broken down one trick pony that can't play defense? His last 4 seasons he has played in 54, 41, 39, and 59 games. Do not want.

That's because you never actually watched the Heat. I'm a bit of an NBA fanatic, and I watched all of the Heat's games. When Lebron, Wade and Chalmers all sat out, Miller played the backup pg. Watch the highlights that i linked to in my previous post.

TheGoldStandard
07-16-2013, 10:22 PM
I love Mike Miller since his Memphis Days, always thought he was a remarkable shooter, don't think the Spurs would get him even if he was available which he won't be.

Vic Petro
07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
That's because you never actually watched the Heat. I'm a bit of an NBA fanatic, and I watched all of the Heat's games. When Lebron, Wade and Chalmers all sat out, Miller played the backup pg. Watch the highlights that i linked to in my previous post.

I watched the video you posted and watched several Heat games this year and still think you are crazy if you think Mike Miller can be the backup PG. Every time he gets bumped you hold your breath. He shoots fgs in the low 40% range. I just don't like the player at this stage of his career and don't think he can be healthy enough to be reliable in any sort of meaningful role.

MAx_Eric
07-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Fuck Miller!!
he deserved it!!haha
The result of killing us with that fucking rebound!!

Dont sign this fucking guy!!
i hate spurs signing those guys who costed us a lot before!!

poeticism707
07-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Release Bonner, and sign him for as little possibible.

At least he he hits 3s, and has an ACTUAL IMPACT where it matters, the Finals, even if's only for 15 minutes.

Those 15 mins were the difference between the Spurs being champs, and runner ups.

slick'81
07-16-2013, 11:54 PM
If hed take a min.deal knowing Miami still paying him I'd b all for it

monkeypunk
07-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Seriously, no.

He can barely walk.

tesseractive
07-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Seriously, no.

He can barely walk.
Sure, but other than that he should be a great fit....

Boomersgold
07-17-2013, 02:13 AM
Seriously, no.

He can barely walk.

If he can rack up 26 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in his "barely walking state", then I can't wait to see what he is capable of doing when fully healthy. Besides, a crippled Mike Miller is still more useful than Matt Bonner.

therealtruth
07-17-2013, 02:52 AM

His D's better than Neal. I don't think the Spurs attacked him enough defensively.

therealtruth
07-17-2013, 02:54 AM
The Heat are smart enough to get it. If you're going to overload at any position. You do it at he small forward position because SF are versatile enough to play multiple positions. Loading up on guards just hurts you defensively.

spurspokesman
07-17-2013, 09:47 AM

Russ
07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Bonner needs a position with the Spurs (on or off the court) forever.

But between Mike Miller and Bonner on the court, Mike Miller. No brainer.

kobexxx
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
another shooter that cannot create his own shot i.e. green, neal, bonner, kawhi.. And the list goes on

TheRemix
07-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Meh we don't really need him. Next

Spursfanfromafar
07-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Reports say only 4 teams can bid for them in the amnesty auction process -

The Mavericks, the Bucks, the Kings and the Sixers.

Of the 4,the Kings & Sixers can be ruled out because they wouldn't want to take a low usage veteran. The Bucks already have Carlos Delfino to play Miller's role, while the Mavs have Vince Carter already. I suspect the Mavs could make a run, but it is very likely that he will get to the waivers process.

I would like the Spurs to try getting him. He is still a deadly three point shooter, has a very good rebound rate for a SF, and doesn't commit too many mistakes on the floor. He is not a bad defender as the Miami series showed us, and will do well as a complementary option. A Manu-Belinelli-Miller-Diaw-Baynes/Pendergraph bench is better than the Manu-Joseph-Neal-Diaw-Bonner bench in my opinion.

Raven
07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
let him retire in peace.

Carnage&Mayhem
07-17-2013, 04:53 PM
nah

BatManu20
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM

BatManu20
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM

Vic Petro
07-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Fusion surgery to repair bulging discs in his back.

BatManu20
07-18-2013, 04:13 PM

lurker23
07-18-2013, 04:13 PM

lurker23
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Thwarted yet again by the BatManu.

BatManu20
07-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Thwarted yet again by the BatManu.

Haha :toast