PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio = a mecca for sex offenders?

Capt Bringdown
07-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Doing some research for renting an apartment. Jeez, f'ing disgusting:

https://www.crimereports.com/

Suspect
07-16-2013, 07:44 PM
which apartments did you look up?

mrsmaalox
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Seems obvious where you must go.

Capt Bringdown
07-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Seems obvious where you must go.
Where? Last time I lived in SA was the 80's. Now it seems you can't throw a stick in San Antonio without hitting a sex offender.

mrsmaalox
07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Well I was thinking either heaviest or lightest concentration areas, depending on your preference :lol

Seriously, it looks like you'd be safer any place outside of 1604 or in that section east of 281 around the Alamo Heights, Olmos Park Terrell Hills, area. Do you have kids?

Capt Bringdown
07-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Well I was thinking either heaviest or lightest concentration areas, depending on your preference :lol

Seriously, it looks like you'd be safer any place outside of 1604 or in that section east of 281 around the Alamo Heights, Olmos Park Terrell Hills, area. Do you have kids?
No, but I am married to a foreign national who is used to a safe, pedestrian friendly environment.
Thanks, I'll look around in those areas. My employer is in the Seaworld area.

ErnestLynch
07-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Looking at some sex offender map or database and moving where they aren't won't make you any more or less safe since most of the people who commit sex crimes each year did not have a criminal record. Friends and family members are more likely to assault you than a stranger.

hotsauce0987
07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
a lot of apartments are strict on your history. I used to live in La mirage apartments they check everything so its really safe there

mrsmaalox
07-17-2013, 01:35 PM
^^This is true. I've been apartment hunting in Austin for a couple of months (finally found one :elephant) and the nicer ones have pretty strict background checks. Just drive thru the complex and you'll be able to tell which those are.

Capt Bringdown
07-18-2013, 01:41 PM
^^This is true. I've been apartment hunting in Austin for a couple of months (finally found one :elephant) and the nicer ones have pretty strict background checks. Just drive thru the complex and you'll be able to tell which those are.

That should be fun, as I've been living overseas for 10 years.