PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Shaq: "Kobe Can Play At All-Star Level Until He's 40"

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2013, 09:01 PM
:lol he realizes he's not getting any love in LA post retirement unless he embraces Kobe....:lol don't worry Shaq we accept you bro

"Kobe's a tough competitor," "He loves when everyone doubts him. Of course at (almost) 35, they're saying he's done, but Kobe will show the world that he can play at a high level until he's 40. I know with the rehab, he's probably only supposed to do it once a day. I know for a fact he's doing it twice, if not three times a day. He tells everybody he's coming back in December, but if he could, he would like to be ready at the start of the season. That's how much he's going to push this thing to try to get to 100 percent."

StrengthAndHonor
07-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Part of me believes that if Kobe didn't end his season with an injury, he would.probably retire after next year. I think all this talk about career ending injury etc got him motivated again.

Rogue
07-16-2013, 09:26 PM
kobe will maintain all-star level stats until he's 40, with the number of shots he takes per game increasing year by year...

DPG21920
07-16-2013, 09:28 PM
It will be amazing to see him come back on time and miss the playoffs again :lol

Thread
07-16-2013, 10:23 PM
^Couldn't top the amazement you provided by losing your 5th ring not once but twice. You horse's patoot, you.

ambchang
07-16-2013, 11:30 PM
I can see Kobe playing like a prime BJ Armstrong or Mo Williams this year and next (that is All Star level), but anything beyond that would be stretching it.

rayjayjohnson
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Shaq also put Barkley over Ducan.

lpso, facto: he's a big dumb idiot

AchillesHeel
07-17-2013, 04:12 AM
I can see Kobe playing like a prime BJ Armstrong or Mo Williams this year and next (that is All Star level), but anything beyond that would be stretching it.

Saltyyyyyyy :lol

You might hate Kirby to death, but he'll play like he has for the past 3 yrs, his game is built around post moves and jump shots, he was the best post player in the league last year and he'll still be efficient as his career goes on. It doesn't mean that he'll win anything but he'll be a 20+ ppg player until he retires.

whitemamba
07-17-2013, 04:17 AM

You might hate Kirby to death, but he'll play like he has for the past 3 yrs, his game is built around post moves and jump shots, he was the best post player in the league last year and he'll still be efficient as his career goes on. It doesn't mean that he'll win anything but he'll be a 20+ ppg player until he retires.

:tu

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2013, 04:21 AM
fck anyone can be a 20ppg if they took the same amount of shots kobe takes...

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I think Shaq's selling him short. I see no reason why Kobe couldn't have his nose broken by Dywyaynye Wade for 4 or even 5 more seasons.

ambchang
07-17-2013, 09:03 AM

His jump shots were based on jab steps and ball fakes as well. Very hard to do that after an Achilles injury.

That said. He had a history of faking or exaggerating injuries, so his Achilles may not be in that bad a shape after all.

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcA5OJ5mkf4

AchillesHeel
07-17-2013, 10:29 AM
His jump shots were based on jab steps and ball fakes as well. Very hard to do that after an Achilles injury.

That said. He had a history of faking or exaggerating injuries, so his Achilles may not be in that bad a shape after all.

Which proves my point further, if his achilles injury was exaggerated (not a full tear and a partial one) he'll be even more effective than expected.

ambchang
07-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Which proves my point further, if his achilles injury was exaggerated (not a full tear and a partial one) he'll be even more effective than expected.

Well, that I can agree.

But despite being duped numerous times, I am still going to give Kobe the benefit of the doubt and assume that his Achilles injury is as serious as advertised.

Thread
07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I can see Kobe

I can see 6.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
You got no one to blame but yourself for that Cully. Katie girl was probably a solid 7-7.5 before you put the boots to her.

UZER
07-17-2013, 12:58 PM
kobe will maintain all-star level stats until he's 40, with the number of shots he takes per game increasing year by year...

Kobe will maintain all-star level because the the stupid fans will vote him in.