PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: LOL Mike D'antoni wonders why Dwight left to Houston since they run the same offense

Thebesteva
07-17-2013, 04:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mike-d-antoni-thinks-dwight-howard-going-pretty-195100773.html

In fact, D'Antoni noticed a bit of irony in Howard choosing Houston, considering the Rockets run an offense every bit as wide open as the one D'Antoni prefers and the one Howard resisted conforming to last year."The thing that cracks me up is Houston, they do the exact same thing," D'Antoni said, laughing. "And so (Howard) is gonna go to Houston? OK, so did they talk about change there? Don't tell me that it's that different."
D'Antoni wishes Howard well, but does think he needs to accept what makes him a special player rather than envision himself as something he isn't yet and may never be.

"He's a force and he can be really, really good and dominate the league," D'Antoni said. "But it's in an area that he's not loving right now. He wants to dominate a different way, in the low post and all that. But he needs to get better there, and he will. But his greatness is in defense and being a physical force. I think he'd be better served if he embraces that.
"But he's good."

Michael Jordan.
07-17-2013, 04:27 PM
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2zoktxy.gif

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Yao Ming, Hakeem, and Kevin McHale... these are some pretty good big guys to listen and learn from.

lefty
07-17-2013, 04:31 PM
ummm

Maybe McHale is gonna change his offense next season, since Dwight has joined his team

Why does d'Antoni think they are going to run the exact same offense they ran last season? :lol

:lmao SALTY dumbass

Michael Jordan.
07-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Their tears are tasty.

StrengthAndHonor
07-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I've said that before and Dwight on record has said that hI'm and Harden will be unstoppable in their pick and roll, after refusing to run the same play with Nash.

Dwight's issue was never with the system. It was D'Antoni and Kobe.

djohn2oo8
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibvYmgq5WuitpU.gif

whitemamba
07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibvYmgq5WuitpU.gif

:lmao these gifs

Thread
07-17-2013, 04:40 PM
sssssssssssshhhhhhhhh.

That wasn't put to print by Media.

AchillesHeel
07-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Antoni has a point, Lin and Harden are as bad as Nash and Kirby on D, Parsons ain't no Kawhi Leonard and they don't have a decent PF, Asik is a center that can't co-exist with Dwight on the floor at the same time, neither of them can shoot.

Houston's offense is high pace and they jack up a lot of 3s, however they have the better 3pt shooters in Harden and Parsons. Their defense will be better because Howard is that good and the rest of the guys are young enough but I suspect it will take some time before they become a force in the West. If Harden improves from last season there's no reason they wouldn't be a solid 2nd round team in the playoffs with WCF being their ceiling, but I need to see the changes and how McHale plans to use Howard first.

Howard wants to play in the post yet he's one of the most inefficient big men in the post, I think he had the most post ups out of any player in the league but only managed to average .78 per post up (Kirby averaged over 1 point).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmfdINmLntkUdEtkb0JQVVBtMTFUSzhZTTRFZDBMM mc#gid=0

Correction, Jefferson had more post ups but as you can see Howard is not an elite post player if you look at the statistics, doesn't deliver nearly as many points per post up as Timmy did at 37 and has a pretty high turnover rate, he also constantly fouls the defender while trying to post up, he needs a lot of coaching if he wants to succeed in that area. Houston for him was the best fit in terms of getting tutored by big men and having a head coach that was arguably the greatest post player ever and he'll have Hakeem to tutor him, can't go wrong with that. LA obviously had Rambis and Kareem to offer, but I guess he wouldn't be willing to play for MDA (as he said he wanted Phil in the interview).

Bynumite
07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
By the end of his career Howard will have more teams that he played for than baby mommas and zero ring to show for it.

td4mvp2k
07-17-2013, 06:00 PM
By the end of his career Howard will have more teams that he played for than baby mommas and zero ring to show for it.:cry :cry :cry

rmt
07-17-2013, 06:09 PM
So D'Antoni thinks that DH would improve his post game playing under him and with Kobe? Delusional.

Rogue
07-17-2013, 06:19 PM
DH was not a good fit for _'antoni and the lakers, but the Rockets are probably even a bigger joke. Nigga left 30m on table to join the Chinkston which will eventually turn out to be a self-pwnage.

Baseline
07-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Listen to Nelly, people. Dwight left because of K. Bryant, who renders everybody else on his team to nothing but offensive rebounders.

ffadicted
07-17-2013, 07:53 PM
This is funny lol This just shows how D'Antoni just simply cannot understand the concept of changing his mentality and adapting to different players and different styles, he just knows one thing.

What a clown lmao

spurraider21
07-17-2013, 08:00 PM
ummm

Maybe McHale is gonna change his offense next season, since Dwight has joined his team

Why does d'Antoni think they are going to run the exact same offense they ran last season? :lol

:lmao SALTY dumbass

because D'Antoni doesn't believe in the nonsense called "adjusting to your players strengths"