PDA

View Full Version : **FYI** Spurs DVD @ HEB

ZStomp
07-19-2005, 04:52 AM
I went to Walmart about an hour ago looking for the DVD but they had sold out. I called 5 other Walmarts but they were all sold out. They were selling it for $20.

I then decided went to HEB (on IH 10 and Wurzbach) and found that they are selling the 2003 and 2005 DVD's for $19.99. For both!

I don't know if Walmart/Best Buy or whoever is doing the same thing but I wanted to give you all a heads up.

Kori/LJ- if you need to delete or merge this thread, is cool- I just felt this needed it's own thread. I haven't gone reading the threads so maybe this is reposted information. If it is, my bad. Sorry.

~Z

ZStomp
07-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Special Features Include:

Tony Parker: Anklebreaker
Tim Duncan goes home (from Inside the NBA)
Manu Ginobili: Rising Star
Ginobili and Parker Finals Trophy Promo
Bruce Bowen's 2005 Playoff Experience
Coach Popovich Pointers
George Gervin: The Iceman
The Clinching Quarter (Game 7 4th Quarter)
2005 Playoff Recap
Finals Pre-Series Analysis
Finals Post-Series Analysis
Will Smith Bonus Music Tribute

Benosgirl14
07-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Coolness..Thanks for the Info

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Damn, going to have to call somebody to get that for me before they sell out.

Thanks, Z.

1Parker1
07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Damn, I got ripped off! I bought the 2004 DVD alone for $21. :depressed

gospursgojas
07-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Good heads up Z.

I called Walmart last night and was on hold for more than 10 minutes, so I hung up. Eventually I called back again and only held for 5 minutes before they told me they would have the DVD at midnight. I went there, and they didn't.

So I went this morning, and they said they sold out last lat. All 20 copies. But the sales lady did notify me that 20 copies were missing, because that did me a lot of good to know that employees were probably snagging DVD's.

I went to HEB and was pleasantly suprised to see they had a lot of copies at the location on DeZavala and IH 10. They also had the special edition of SI right next to teh DVD's as well. It's a good deal.

The same shit happend to me, I called and when I got there they said they havent got them in yet....I was pissed... The HEB on DeZavala is right down the street from me so I will check it out thanks for the heads up.

I think WalMart is trying to do what they did with the 2003 DVD.... wait till everybody else is sold out and then sell them for 30 bucks

Benosgirl14
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
On a side note, this DVD was oay. I enjoyed 2003's more because it had the clinching quarters for all of the series. I love witnessing heartbreak. Especially when we close out a series in the opposing team's arena. Tears and empty seats, that what playoff basketball is about.
Agreed

gay abc
07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
just got back from by heb at lunch - that is a bargain for both :smokin

davi78239
07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
My dad spoke with one of the H-E-B managers last week and from what he understands, the manager told him that yes, the heb will feature the 2003 and 2005 seasons, but it will only be the highlights of the season and the playoffs. On the other hand, the one for 24.99 will feature 3 hours of material including all the extras like the lockeroom stuff and the special features. My dad said he will buy the heb one, while I'll buy the infamous 24.99 copy that everyone is after.

Spurminator
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I wish they had all of the clinching 4th quarters, but particularly the Sonics game since it was such a great finish.

Has anyone found it in Dallas?

Budkin
07-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Man, I wish the HEBs in Austin had that 19.99 deal. I went to 2 and neither had it, so I had to end up going to Best Buy and shelling out 25.99! Yes, that's right, they are selling it for a dollar more than the suggested retail price. I thought about ordering it online from Amazon, but my impatience got the best of me.

CalsonicKansei
07-19-2005, 01:43 PM
On a side note, this DVD was oay. I enjoyed 2003's more because it had the clinching quarters for all of the series. I love witnessing heartbreak. Especially when we close out a series in the opposing team's arena. Tears and empty seats, that what playoff basketball is about.

No, Game 7 is what basketball is all about.

Benosgirl14
07-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I think this is the one with all the bonus features too.

Even the Will Smith video!!!!!
The Will Smith Video is on it?

ZStomp
07-19-2005, 02:38 PM
My dad spoke with one of the H-E-B managers last week and from what he understands, the manager told him that yes, the heb will feature the 2003 and 2005 seasons, but it will only be the highlights of the season and the playoffs. On the other hand, the one for 24.99 will feature 3 hours of material including all the extras like the lockeroom stuff and the special features. My dad said he will buy the heb one, while I'll buy the infamous 24.99 copy that everyone is after.

I don't think there are two different types of Championship DVDs...can anyone who payed $20 + confirm this?

The main part of the DVD is like One hour and five minutes and according to the cover it is approximately 200 minutes.....over 3 hours.....

I think it is the same DVD. Why would they make 2 DVDs?

King
07-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I know there's probably nobody willing to do so, but if you wait like a month or so, the price drops almost in half.

N.Y. Johnny
07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Wal Mart fuckin sucks!

sorry to hear that shit happened to you guys, always a headache with those motherless fucks at Wal Mart. :flipoff

thats great! a Robert Horry music Video as a bonus huh? :spin

Horry For 3!
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm sure it will be sold out by Saturday :depressed I can't get to SA until Saturday because that is when i'm going to shopping for my birthday presents. I just hope they still have that deal.

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I knew I was over paying (24 dollars and change) for my 2005 DVD but Robert Horry autographed it me, so it is all cool! = )

Kourtnie
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Walmart sucks they dont know there face from their asses...

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:27 PM
We got the dvd and some chinese candy for 6.50 at the hwy 90 flea market.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 11:30 PM
We got the dvd and some chinese candy for 6.50 at the hwy 90 flea market.

Yes, but what dvd was it? Was it that video that Napolean Dynamite learned how to dance from? :smokin

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:31 PM
It was the Spurs Club 200 Championship DVD.

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 08:40 AM
The HEB's in Buda and San Marcos do not have them. Damn dirty hippies!:jack

I had to go to HEB in Seguin to find one. They were in the photo section. I ran into my second cousin that I haven't seen in a while, so not a wasted trip.

dmac
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Man, I wish the HEBs in Austin had that 19.99 deal. I went to 2 and neither had it, so I had to end up going to Best Buy and shelling out 25.99! Yes, that's right, they are selling it for a dollar more than the suggested retail price. I thought about ordering it online from Amazon, but my impatience got the best of me.

Which Austin HEBs? I tried the one on South Congress and Oltorf today, but they didn't have it.

CrazyOne
07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I got the 2 for 19.99 at the HEB on 1604 and Kitty Hawk yesterday afternoon. They had plenty.

ZStomp
07-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I don't think there are two different types of Championship DVDs...can anyone who payed $20 + confirm this?

The main part of the DVD is like One hour and five minutes and according to the cover it is approximately 200 minutes.....over 3 hours.....

I think it is the same DVD. Why would they make 2 DVDs?

ZStomp
07-22-2005, 02:06 AM

So did you get it? Was it different from the HEB one?

whottt
07-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Walgreens in Austin has it for 14.99 :smokin

This is the best produced Spurs Championship Video/DVD IMO.

My only issues with it are that they used high def film for most of it...

I prefer the grainy film when doing recaps because it gives it that classic feel.

My favorite parts of the DVD:
1.The intro where Gervin is talking about all the Spurs players....When he comes to Manu he talks about how hard he plays and then he says, "Besides, Manu can finger roll, I kinda like Manu". Gervin will still be cool when he is 90.

2.Tony Parker's ankle breaker...all the Parker haters need to watch that segment and then STFU forever. It's get a bonus point because it shows a clip of Tony dishing off to Drob at the end of a fast break...we won't ever see that again.

3. Tim Duncan goes home....this is awesome. Just awesome. Actually...this is probably my favorite part of the DVD...and I want to live in the Virgin Islands. If I had been born there you'd have to drag me off that Island...it looks like paradise.

I've never seen as much insight into what Duncan is all about as I did in this segment...Duncan is a special guy.

I got excited about the section on Manu...but it wasn't that good. The narration wasn't that good and it could have had a better selection of his plays...it had some good ones, a couple of his best...but it didn't have all of his best. Not even from the playoffs. I thought Manu deserved better treatment...I mean it's not hard to make an exciting Manu highlight reel...and they didn't do a good job of it.

All in all I give it a :tu.