#13. Texans
#14. Jets
#15. Eagles
#16. Bears
#17. Niners
#18. Packers
#19. Ravens
#20. Colts

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/07/15/real-madrid-tops-the-worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams/

Blake
07-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Redskins behind Patriots is a mild upset.

Texans in the top 20 is a wtf

Darth_Pelican
07-18-2013, 02:20 PM
30 of the 50 teams on the list are NFL. Every NFL team made the list except the Rams and Jags.

benefactor
07-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Redskins behind Patriots is a mild upset.

Texans in the top 20 is a wtf
They are making a shit ton of money from that big ass market. Harris county alone has over 4.2 million people(:lol more than the whole state of Oklahoma)...and Houston as whole gives much more of a fuck about the Texans then they do the Rockets. Hell, they've sold out 112 consecutive games at Reliant.

Kyle Orton
07-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Redskins will start rising because they're onthe rise

Blake
07-18-2013, 03:12 PM
They are making a shit ton of money from that big ass market. Harris county alone has over 4.2 million people(:lol more than the whole state of Oklahoma)...and Houston as whole gives much more of a fuck about the Texans then they do the Rockets. Hell, they've sold out 112 consecutive games at Reliant.

ahead of the Jets and Bears?

Surprising to me.

symple19
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
ahead of the Jets and Bears?

Surprising to me.

Jets are in a split market and the Bears don't have as nice of a stadium. I'm guessing venues play a big role in the valuation process. Chicago is also surrounded by wildly popular teams such as GB, Indy, Detroit, and Cleveland/Cincy...Meaning sponsorship money in that region is spread around a lot more than it would be with Houston. Other than the Cowgirls (maybe the Saints?), Houston has far less competition for dollars in their geographic region

imo

J.T.
07-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Colts only cracked that list because they got Indianapolis taxpayers to pay for their stadium, and to maintain it every year. Nice little $780 million dollar asset for them. 14 years of sold-out Peyton Manning home games might have helped.

symple19
07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Colts only cracked that list because they got Indianapolis taxpayers to pay for their stadium, and to maintain it every year. Nice little $780 million dollar asset for them. 14 years of sold-out Peyton Manning home games might have helped.

Pretty much all of Indiana (other than shitholes like Gary and Ft Wayne) and a solid portion of Kentucky (incl. Louisville which is a million+ metro) is Colt blue. They have a nice market with rabid fans

:lol more Colt fans than Cincy fans in Kentucky, even though the Bengals camp outside Lexington and Cincy is only an hour (roughly) away from Lex/Lou :lol

J.T.
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Pretty much all of Indiana (other than shitholes like Gary and Ft Wayne) and a solid portion of Kentucky (incl. Louisville which is a million+ metro) is Colt blue. They have a nice market with rabid fans

:lol more Colt fans than Cincy fans in Kentucky, even though the Bengals camp outside Lexington and Cincy is only an hour (roughly) away from Lex/Lou :lol

How much of that do you think is because Manning made the team elite though? I know the Colts organization is older than dirt but the Indianapolis version is relatively new, and sucked real hard dick until Harbaugh almost took them to the Super Bowl. :lmao J:lolff G:lolorg:lol

symple19
07-18-2013, 05:08 PM
How much of that do you think is because Manning made the team elite though? I know the Colts organization is older than dirt but the Indianapolis version is relatively new, and sucked real hard dick until Harbaugh almost took them to the Super Bowl. :lmao J:lolff G:lolorg:lol

Probably a lot of it. Manning (Colt) jerseys are as common as horses in the Bluegrass

J.T.
07-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Probably a lot of it. Manning (Colt) jerseys are as common as horses in the Bluegrass

Popular jersey, tbh. I've got two of 'em myself. Retired the white one though, and rarely wear the blue one cuz I got me a #12 now. I've made a few trips to Louisiana recently and have seen 'em out there too. Makes sense because that's where he's from. Lotta Saints Super Bowl champs shit out there in people's yards and car windows too. :pctoss still very salty about that game.