PDA

View Full Version : Info on the mayor's bet on the finals....

Spurologist
07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Detroit mayor and former san antone's mayor had a bet that whoever won, the other would.... etc etc

Doesn't anyone know what Detroit's mayor did as the result of his team losing. Is there an article? I heard him say on Cold Pizza that he would wear a spurs jersey for a whole day and something else something else etc etc

Does anyone have any info on this or did the Detriot mayor bail out of the bet?

Taco
07-19-2005, 07:37 AM
I think they also bet a weeks salary which is a rip off for detroit. I think the SA mayor's weekly salary is like $1.25 and a pack of gum

IX_Equilibrium
07-19-2005, 07:40 AM
I think the SA mayor's weekly salary is like $1.25 and a pack of gum

:oops you're an awful, awful man.

Spurologist
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Nominee for post of the week:

I think they also bet a weeks salary which is a rip off for detroit. I think the SA mayor's weekly salary is like $1.25 and a pack of gum

SpursWoman
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Didn't he make the bet with Garza? Garza wasn't mayor anymore by the time it was all over.

:fro

And the San Antonio mayor only makes a slight FRACTION of what the Detroit mayor makes....it was a grossly one-sided bet.

Useruser666
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
I heard the Detroit mayor bet Larry Brown.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I think the bet was to make sure Ed Garza never shows up again on my television screen and I think Detroit has done a fine job of helping that.

Spurologist
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Mayor loses out as the Pistons fall

June 27, 2005

The San Antonio Spurs NBA Championship cost the Pistons a trophy, Detroit a parade and Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick a C-note, dinner for two, some local fare and bragging rights.

Ed Garza, who was San Antonio's mayor when he bet Kilpatrick on the outcome of the Spurs-Pistons series, will collect the loot, but lost a lot more.

(Forgive Bytes for digressing briefly, but since his wager with Kilpatrick, Garza has been replaced by Phil Hardberger as mayor of San Antonio.)

Anyway, Kilpatrick spokesman Howard Hughey said Hizzoner will contribute about $100 to Garza's favorite charity, a San Antonio food bank, provide dinner for two at Seldom Blues, send a Detroit food basket with Sanders fudge, Faygo pop and Better Made Potato Chips, and issue a proclamation declaring San Antonio the premier auto manufacturing city in the United States (Toyota is investing $800 million in the city to build Tundra pickups.)

If Kilpatrick had won, Hughey said he would have received a proclamation declaring Detroit the top auto town, dinner for two at Biga on the Banks restaurant in San Antonio, some San Antonio products (Kilpatrick has said he has no idea what they might be) and a contribution to his favorite charity.

Hughey said he did not know what charity that might be, but we're betting it's the Next Vision Foundation.

By M.L. Elrick

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/bytes27e_20050627.htm