PDA

View Full Version : And now an important message from New Yorkers to Texas

ElNono
07-18-2013, 07:13 PM
QRofSFMMbuM

AntiChrist
07-18-2013, 07:21 PM
They may have a valid point on food choices, unless you want a soda.

Other than that, FNY.

ElNono
07-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I lol'ed at the "remember the alamo" part :lol

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Some real Texas envy there. Don't think anyone in tx cares much about NY

ElNono
07-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Some real Texas envy there. Don't think anyone in tx cares much about NY

You mean other than Gov Perry? :lol

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/rick-perry-tries-to-poach-new-york-businesses.html

ElNono
07-18-2013, 08:06 PM
(apparently the video stems from Perry's ads and courting of NY)

v0IwR4Xn4I4

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 08:10 PM
You mean other than Gov Perry? :lol

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/rick-perry-tries-to-poach-new-york-businesses.html

Taking business is not giving much thought to NY. Don't really care. I Love Texas and dont dislike NY. NY sounds obsessed, tbh

ElNono
07-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Taking business is not giving much thought to NY. Don't really care. I Love Texas and dont dislike NY. NY sounds obsessed, tbh

Spending money in ads targeting NY says they're giving them plenty of thought, IMO...

I don't think New Yorkers are any more or less proud than Texans, tbh...

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Spending money in ads targeting NY says they're giving them plenty of thought, IMO... The business is there for the taking. It's just business, nothing personal.

I don't think New Yorkers are any more or less proud than Texans, tbh...

I don't doubt that, but they seem a little insecure in that video.

Th'Pusher
07-18-2013, 08:22 PM
The business is there for the taking. It's just business, nothing personal.

It's comedy dude. It was a bit the daily show last night.

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
It's comedy dude. It was a bit the daily show last night.

I wasn't offended or anything. just wasn't funny. The Nuyorican side of me is a little embarrassed. NYC can stand on its own.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-18-2013, 08:33 PM
(apparently the video stems from Perry's ads and courting of NY)

v0IwR4Xn4I4

Perry' policy of stealing from his neighbors is a hallmark of his administration.

ElNono
07-18-2013, 08:34 PM
The business is there for the taking. It's just business, nothing personal.

If the business would be just there for the taking, they don't need any ads trashing NY in the process, tbh

tit for tat, IMO...

Th'Pusher
07-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I liked Jerry Brown's response to Perry's add better, tbh.

Gov. Jerry Brown publicly scoffed at Gov. Rick Perry’s attempt to draw Californians to Texas for better business, saying that the ad campaign is “barely a fart.”

“It’s not a serious story, guys,” the Californian Democrat told reporters at a business event, the Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday. “It’s not a burp. It’s barely a fart.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/brown-on-perrys-ad-barely-a-fart-87225.html

:lol

scroteface
07-18-2013, 08:49 PM
texas shits all over NY tbh lil hoes just jealous

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Perry' policy of stealing from his neighbors is a hallmark of his administration.

So when I win business I've actually stolen.:rolleyes

2centsworth
07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
If the business would be just there for the taking, they don't need any ads trashing NY in the process, tbh

The Ad I saw wasn't trashing NY. Just says NY overregulates and Texas offers an alternative.

tit for tat, IMO...

Lame for NY standards. NY is the easiest sell in the world, but the video was more an attempt at humor than marketing.

ElNono
07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
The Ad I saw wasn't trashing NY. Just says NY overregulates and Texas offers an alternative.

there's a million ways to depict New York... yet the ad starts by showing off trashy neighborhoods (which is pretty ironic if you ever been to some parts of Texas), but I digress... what does that has to do with inviting businesses? :lol

Lame for NY standards. NY is the easiest sell in the world, but the video was more an attempt at humor than marketing.

:lol ofcourse it was humor... unlike the Texas ad, the NY thing isn't a government ad, it's a fake ad that run on the daily show...

spursncowboys
07-19-2013, 02:02 AM
:lol I love the high five from the cop as he's pissing on the wall.

boutons_deux
07-19-2013, 05:42 AM
unlike the Texas ad, the NY thing isn't a government ad, it's a fake ad that run on the daily show...

and both ads are hilarious. Texas' inadvertant self-ridicule, very entertaining! :lol

benefactor
07-19-2013, 06:17 AM
That was pretty funny. New York is on my bucket list.