PDA

View Full Version : The Conjuring

Relevancy
07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Whose going to watch this? It's getting pretty darn good reviews, its at 83% in Rotten tomatoes, out of 90 reviews, 74 fresh, 15 rotten

is James Wan officially the most promising horror genre movie maker?

timtonymanu
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I plan to see it. It looks more promising than Insidious 2, imo.

JMarkJohns
07-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Previews look trite, predictable and pandering to the tweener "horror" fan.

Typical quiet/loud, still/noisy, calm/surprise "scary" flick.

You're startled, not scared; unsettled, not disturbed.

Not horror.

Death In June
07-19-2013, 02:46 PM
It wasn't bad. It wasn't scary and it was cribbing from just about every horror movie you've seen, but it was entertaining

Relevancy
07-19-2013, 02:54 PM
It wasn't bad. It wasn't scary and it was cribbing from just about every horror movie you've seen, but it was entertainingMany well acclaimed critics beg to differ.. but I know everyone has a different opinion, which I respect. their calling this one of the scariest movies in recent memory, if you didn't get scared that's fine- I'm sure I will, well at least I hope.

Relevancy
07-19-2013, 03:00 PM

Not horror.Well everything is typical nowadays according to elderly folks, I mean what do expect with this sorta genre? I'm just appreciative there's still directors like this creating good scary, tense movies.

fraga
07-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Sadly there haven't been many scary movies to chose from lately...looks extremely promising...I definitely want to see it...

jeebus
07-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Not horror.

That's what I thought when I saw the trailer. I mean, when does an ear splitting sound occur when it's quiet in your house, unless it's thunder or manmade? Never in my entire life does an incredibly loud noise occur when I'm in a room or when I bump into someone or whatever. Watch the movie on mute and it turns into a comedy without the headache.

redzero
07-20-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't know if I want to see this or not. I'm not a big fan of horror, but it's getting good reviews. The horror movies I like the most would--Alien, The Shining, and The Thing--are great movies even without the horror aspects. Being scared just isn't a selling point for me.

CitizenDwayne
07-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Didn't like it. Kinda felt like 'just another horror film' as I was watching it.

I was stunned when I came home and looked at the Rottentomatoes score. Don't know wtf the critics are thinking on this one.

InRareForm
07-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Wasnt really scary, but there were some imagery that kind of stands out.

RD2191
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Watch "Men Behind The Sun".

timtonymanu
07-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Watched it last night. Honestly, I liked it.

If you hate jump scares like me, then you will like this movie.

It's not a typical "tweeny" horror movie. The scares were mostly quiet and just were creepy.

Then again, I like horror movies. But for what horror movies have been lately, this one was refreshing.

illusioNtEk
07-24-2013, 01:50 PM
i saw it last night, i loved it

will buy it on BR when it comes out

lebomb
07-24-2013, 02:28 PM
BOOO!!!! LOL at all you bishes that just jumped. :clap

Viva Las Espuelas
08-18-2013, 06:32 PM
good but not great. it followed the typical storyline. the tie to her daughter was a bit of a stretch. nothing really scared me. exorcism scene could've been a little more believable.

johnsmith
08-18-2013, 07:02 PM
My wife made me take her to this movie....fuck scary movies, and fuck this movie.

Creepy as shit.

Lincoln
08-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Lol at all the e badasses here. I love scary moors but this one scared the shit out of me on multiple ocassions. Actually had a plot to and wasn't gimmicky like the rest of these shit scary movies that come out

Prob the best scary movie I have seen

johnsmith
08-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Lol at all the e badasses here. I love scary moors but this one scared the shit out of me on multiple ocassions. Actually had a plot to and wasn't gimmicky like the rest of these shit scary movies that come out

Prob the best scary movie I have seen

That's exactly right...while admittedly, I'm a scared little bitch when it comes to these movies, they f'ing stick with me to the point that when they're based on true stories like this one, I end up reading all about them and get even more creeped out. For instance, the doll from this movie in real life is just a regular Raggedy Anne type of doll and for some reason, it's scarier than the fucked up one in the movie.