PDA

View Full Version : Hate to bring up more controversy to a closed book, but...

spurman123
07-19-2013, 12:34 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/19/rick-barry-says-ray-allen-traveled-on-critical-game-6-three/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

“Everybody will probably hate me for saying this down there in Miami, but the bottom line of it is nobody made a big deal about the fact Ray Allen traveled on the shot he made to tie the game,” Barry said. “Ray did it so quickly, but he traveled. He had a pivot foot and he stepped back behind the line and he brought the foot that was his pivot foot back and took the shot, well I’m sorry but you can’t do that without dribbling the basketball.
“But anyway the San Antonio Spurs gave them every opportunity and they responded, talking about the Heat, and they were able to come away with the championship so credit to them for that.”

marzbarz
07-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Its done. Over.

Move on

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes, most of us remember this, as well as Kawhi only making one of two free throws that would have iced game 6, but there are some on here that want to only cast blame on Pop and Manu as being the sole reasons the Spurs lost. Some people on here only see what they want to see regardless of the facts.

Budkin
07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, but it happened way too fast for them to catch. Happens all the time in the NBA. The Spurs had so many chances and blew them all. The end.

McGusto55
07-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Fuck ........ Im still not over it

spurraider21
07-19-2013, 01:07 PM
who cares. could make that same argument on the Duncan 3 pointer against the Suns

kobyz
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
he didn't traveled!

Kingsly Alexander
07-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes, most of us remember this, as well as Kawhi only making one of two free throws that would have iced game 6, but there are some on here that want to only cast blame on Pop and Manu as being the sole reasons the Spurs lost. Some people on here only see what they want to see regardless of the facts.

But u can't honestly uphold a then 21 yr old, in his 2nd yr, with the responsibility of a loss of a championship, because he missed 1 free throw. Sure it's a team game, but he wasn't the a part of the collective that lost us that game and others should be held more accountable then others.

Kingsly Alexander
07-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Fuck ........ Im still not over it

No shit. "Get over it". wtf?

just glad I'm not a Bills fan cause I'm sure I'd be a chronic depressive

HI-FI
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty bad about conspiracy theories but I really don't think this game was fixed at all. Stern knew how hated the cHeat were at the time, how most of the country wanted the Spurs to win. 2012 WCF definetly seemed shady, but this time we had our chance, just too many mistakes, especially from Pop and Manu.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Yes, most of us remember this, as well as Kawhi only making one of two free throws that would have iced game 6, but there are some on here that want to only cast blame on Pop and Manu as being the sole reasons the Spurs lost. Some people on here only see what they want to see regardless of the facts.Are you freaking serious?. Want to know some real facts?
Danny Green shot the lights out for the first 5 games. He defended Lebron and on the fast break pretty well. He did what was expected of him and was a major reason why we were up 3-2 in the series.

What did Manu do? He turned the ball over 8x in Game 6.
Kawhi Leonard did a good job defending Lebron the whole series. He consolidated himself in the finals by replacing Manu as the part of the Big 3. He missed a free throw because he's young. He gets a pass.

What did Manu do? He missed a free throw despite being a good career FT shooter and being one of our most experienced guys.
Tim Duncan had monster numbers for Games 6&7 so him and Kawhi basically carried the team. Tim wasn't even supposed to play a Game 7 had it not been for Pop and Manu's choke jobs in Game 6.

What did Manu do? He turned the ball over 8 x, he missed a free throw, and committed a huge turnover in the 4th quarter of Game 7.
Tony Parker hit that huge three pointer while being guarded Lebron in the final minutes of Game 6. Without his three point shot, we wouldn't even be up by 5 points with 28 seconds to go. What did Manu do? He got in Kawhi's way of getting a rebound, 8 turnovers, and missed a huge free throw with being a veteran player.
Superstars win you games on the road. Role players tend to choke on the road. Tim Duncan, TP, and Kawhi made their contributions on the road for the most part, especially on Games 6&7. See above.

What did Manu do? He was pathetic throughout the NBA finals. He shit the bed.

Stop spreading the blame and using the "we win as a team, we lose as a team" bullshit because that' doesn't apply in Game 6. Stop being a Popsucker or Manutard and accept the fact that Pop and Manu cost Timmy his 5th championship. See above.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9a26fb6487c6d2d9a69cabfbc27d0a2c/tumblr_mjrkbhTP6N1qas7dno1_r1_500.gifYou can spread the blame all you want but the fact is that Pop and Manu shat the bed. They pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history. The post/comment right above me supports my evidence.

kobyz
07-19-2013, 01:40 PM

Kawhi missing one free throw is also a mistake by Pop, Kawhi shouldn't be on the floor at that situation to begin with? why "Clutch Neal" is not in the game at that moment? you need to put your best free throw shooters and Kawhi wasn't one of them, another exemple for Pop choke in the last 28 with the top being not to foul in that last possession when you up by 3!

Juggity
07-19-2013, 01:41 PM

Stop. Seriously. Don't even bring Kawhi into that conversation.

Manu was bad absolutely abysmal for the entire series except for game 5. Kawhi showed up in every game, played great defense against the best player in the world, and hustled on the boards for the whole series. You can't be serious in comparing a player whose only mistake was one missed free throw (he's a 66% free throw shooter anyhow — there was a 1/3 chance that he'd miss) to a player who was an awful, turnover-prone mess for 90% of the series.

SpurAddict561
07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Anybody that can even, realistically, use Kawhi's name in vein or even remotely imply he was of any fault for us losing the Finals should go play in traffic.

Are you kidding me? Without Kawhi we lose 4-1, maybe 4-2. He missed the same fucking free throw that Manu, Splitter, Tony all missed too....didn't he? Kawhi played INFINITELY better than all these people throughout the Finals.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 01:52 PM
But u can't honestly uphold a then 21 yr old, in his 2nd yr, with the responsibility of a loss of a championship, because he missed 1 free throw. Sure it's a team game, but he wasn't the a part of the collective that lost us that game and others should be held more accountable then others.

I'm pretty bad about conspiracy theories but I really don't think this game was fixed at all. Stern knew how hated the cHeat were at the time, how most of the country wanted the Spurs to win. 2012 WCF definetly seemed shady, but this time we had our chance, just too many mistakes, especially from Pop and Manu.

Kawhi missing one free throw is also a mistake by Pop, Kawhi shouldn't be on the floor at that situation to begin with? why "Clutch Neal" is not in the game at that moment? you need to put your best free throw shooters and Kawhi wasn't one of them, another exemple for Pop choke in the last 28 with the top being not to foul in that last possession when you up by 3!
Stop. Seriously. Don't even bring Kawhi into that conversation.

Manu was bad absolutely abysmal for the entire series except for game 5. Kawhi showed up in every game, played great defense against the best player in the world, and hustled on the boards for the whole series. You can't be serious in comparing a player whose only mistake was one missed free throw (he's a 66% free throw shooter anyhow — there was a 1/3 chance that he'd miss) to a player who was an awful, turnover-prone mess for 90% of the series.
Anybody that can even, realistically, use Kawhi's name in vein or even remotely imply he was of any fault for us losing the Finals should go play in traffic.

Are you kidding me? Without Kawhi we lose 4-1, maybe 4-2. He missed the same fucking free throw that Manu, Splitter, Tony all missed too....didn't he? Kawhi played INFINITELY better than all these people throughout the Finals. Good luck trying to convince this person because xmas1997 has openly admitted that he's proud of being a Spurs homer.

Kingsly Alexander
07-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Truth

SpurAddict561
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Kawhi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This kid is the future, I'm more excited to see his "new role" on this team than anything else this upcoming season.

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 02:10 PM

Are you kidding me? Without Kawhi we lose 4-1, maybe 4-2. He missed the same fucking free throw that Manu, Splitter, Tony all missed too....didn't he? Kawhi played INFINITELY better than all these people throughout the Finals.

100% ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Are you freaking serious?. Want to know some real facts? You can spread the blame all you want but the fact is that Pop and Manu shat the bed. They pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history. The post/comment right above me supports my evidence.

Get over it and get a life. We all saw the games and know that Manu choked big time already, especially since he was one of the Spurs big three. Nobody disputes that, but most of us are tired of your constant reminder of it! Do you get it now? Move on because it is becoming ancient history already!
I mean nine out of ten of your posts BELABOR the issue to death! We know, we all saw it. So what else is new?

Poolboy5623
07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
The spurs travel all the time and rarely, if ever get called for it. Next..

Thebesteva
07-19-2013, 03:55 PM
LOL @ the move on argument. Laker fans did the same during 2008 as well....the reality is you cant move on from it as a fan. It just becomes part of the history and you seek revenge via an NBA championship. Spurs still have a legit shot next year

ohmwrecker
07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Are you freaking serious?. Want to know some real facts? You can spread the blame all you want but the fact is that Pop and Manu shat the bed. They pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history. The post/comment right above me supports my evidence.

You are using yourself as a source to support your argument?

My Fault
07-19-2013, 04:16 PM
You can go and nitpick every blown call throughout the series and it would make no difference to do so now. I'm sure there's plenty on both sides. Get over it, its pathetic now.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Good luck trying to convince this person because xmas1997 has openly admitted that he's proud of being a Spurs homer.

Oh geeez, just get over it already! Yes, it hurt. Yes, Manu choked, and so did Pop! That's not my point, because we all saw the same games you did. My point was not to cast anymore blame, on Kawhi (for those of you too dense to understand my post), or any other Spur for that matter, because the whole team made mistakes. In case you didn't know, basketball is a team sport. My point was that most of us imho are tired of you BELABORING the Manu and Pop thing to death. We get it, but we get tired of hearing about it in 9 out of 10 of your posts because there is absolutely nothing you, or I, or any other fan can do about it. What's done is done! It is history!

What can you do about it? Last I heard you are not the Spurs FO, thank God!

It is history now! And if you want Spurs choke jobs, nothing compares to the pain of the Washington Bullets series because it was Ices' (and Capt.Lates' if I'm not mistaken) last chance for a title! And there were other times as well, so get over it, because it won't be the last painful thing we endure connected to the Spurs, and definitely wasn't the first. THAT was also my point. Do you understand now? I hope you do, and no offense meant by any of this, just the facts, mame. :nope

And what is wrong with being a die hard Spurs fan! I would sincerely like to know.

barakz21
07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
I seriously don't understand why Kawhi's missed FT gets mentioned. Yeah, he did miss a FT but they'd have never been in the position to win without his contributions. He was pretty consistent all series long, and that alone should give him a pass for that miss. Manu otoh was terrible all series long, save for that game5 performance. If he had hit both his FTs, they'd have won.

I'm not saying it was all Manu's fault. I'm just saying that it's pretty unfair for Kawhi to get any blame given all his contributions.

dbreiden83080
07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Whatever it's done..

I have never seen anything worse than what happened and it sucks..

But it's done..

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 04:39 PM
I seriously don't understand why Kawhi's missed FT gets mentioned. Yeah, he did miss a FT but they'd have never been in the position to win without his contributions. He was pretty consistent all series long, and that alone should give him a pass for that miss. Manu otoh was terrible all series long, save for that game5 performance. If he had hit both his FTs, they'd have won.

I'm not saying it was all Manu's fault. I'm just saying that it's pretty unfair for Kawhi to get any blame given all his contributions.

Basically I agree with you, and I only brought up that miss to illustrate that it was mistakes by the whole team that truly cost them the title. An argument could easily be made that after losing game 6 the way they did that they didn't deserve to win the championship. I knew the handwriting was on the wall after game 6.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Don't feed the troll people. I gave him a valid response that denounced his opinions and he didn't respond because he's a troll

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Whatever it's done..

I have never seen anything worse than what happened and it sucks..

But it's done..

Then you obviously didn't see the Spurs choke the Washington Bullets series. That was 10 times worse and more painful imho!

ohmwrecker
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Don't feed the troll people. I gave him a valid response that denounced his opinions and he didn't respond because he's a troll

We are all so grateful that we have you around to deal with these trolls and warn us about feeding them. Thank you for your service.

Budkin
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Then you obviously didn't see the Spurs choke the Washington Bullets series. That was 10 times worse and more painful imho!

I keep hearing about that series but was too young. What happened?

spurraider21
07-19-2013, 04:45 PM
LOL @ the move on argument. Laker fans did the same during 2008 as well....the reality is you cant move on from it as a fan. It just becomes part of the history and you seek revenge via an NBA championship. Spurs still have a legit shot next year

by moving on, i'm not telling them to purge it from their memory. but to keep making threads about it and whining about it is just annoying. i think about the loss every day too, but im not going to sit and rant about it, nitpicking every detail of the game. if Duncan was in there to we secure either of the rebounds? solid chance. is it possible that by having Tim out there they could have gotten a better first look for a 3 and thus wouldn't need the rebound? possibly. 1 of the 2 free throw misses completely ices the game. list goes on. by that, i mean "move on." we lost, its done, it hurts, and it will hurt every time its mentioned.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-19-2013, 04:46 PM
We are all so grateful that we have you around to deal with these trolls and warn us about feeding them. Thank you for your service.
Sup Collins? You getting it with Yacht now?

ohmwrecker
07-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Sup Collins? You getting it with Yacht now?

Who?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Who?

you know, Jason!

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Don't feed the troll people. I gave him a valid response that denounced his opinions and he didn't respond because he's a trollI'm not trolling, I'm just stating facts that blind homers refuse to acknowledge. Looks like I managed to put some sense into xmas1997 because he somewhat acknowledged that Pop and Manu fucked up the championship. ScRuB, you didn't denounce shit. I actually put you in your place and you just kept coming up with with excuses out of your behind. Here is the conversation if anyone wants to read it: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219923&p=6764738#post6764738

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 04:53 PM
by moving on, i'm not telling them to purge it from their memory. but to keep making threads about it and whining about it is just annoying. i think about the loss every day too, but im not going to sit and rant about it, nitpicking every detail of the game. if Duncan was in there to we secure either of the rebounds? solid chance. is it possible that by having Tim out there they could have gotten a better first look for a 3 and thus wouldn't need the rebound? possibly. 1 of the 2 free throw misses completely ices the game. list goes on. by that, i mean "move on." we lost, its done, it hurts, and it will hurt every time its mentioned.

I agree. I am just tired of being constantly reminded of it, aren't you? I've experienced worse with this team over the years, but the constant reminders this guy continues to post is like pouring acid over an open wound!

ohmwrecker
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
you know, Jason!

Jesus . . . why don't you just call me a faggot and get it over with? Quit trying to be clever.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm not trolling, I'm just stating facts that blind homers refuse to acknowledge. Looks like I managed to put some sense into xmas1997 because he somewhat acknowledged that Pop and Manu fucked up the championship. ScRuB, you didn't denounce shit. I actually put you in your place and you just kept coming up with with excuses out of your behind. Here is the conversation if anyone wants to read it: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219923&p=6764738#post6764738

Lol actually, when I put statistics behind my argument, you disappeared.

Im so glad Manu signed for what he did next year solely to watch you have a meltdown Up here daily. It's like "damn he needs to get laid".

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 04:57 PM
I agree. I am just tired of being constantly reminded of it, aren't you? I've experienced worse with this team over the years, but the constant reminders this guy continues to post is like pouring acid over an open wound! The championship ceremony preparations were set. NBA TV's commercial about the Spurs championship gear was airing. Seriously, what can be worse that 28 seconds from winning it all in Game 6? Tell me what happened with that Washington Bullets story I'd love to hear it.
Lol actually, when I put statistics behind my argument, you disappeared.

Im so glad Manu signed for what he did next year solely to watch you have a meltdown Up here daily. It's like "damn he needs to get laid".Nah, I'm done with the meltdown a long time ago. I'm just replying to people's comments and stating what my eyes saw. I'm not the one starting threads about the infamous Game 6.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm not trolling, I'm just stating facts that blind homers refuse to acknowledge. Looks like I managed to put some sense into xmas1997 because he somewhat acknowledged that Pop and Manu fucked up the championship. ScRuB, you didn't denounce shit. I actually put you in your place and you just kept coming up with with excuses out of your behind. Here is the conversation if anyone wants to read it: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219923&p=6764738#post6764738

:nopeYou give yourself waaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, self delusional I guess. It had nothing to do with you or anything you wrote and continue to write, get it right. I watched the games. And then I moved on, because what's done is done, and I can't change it. But for sure I won't continually WHINE about it, like you do. That is just pure and simple childishness, period! or trolling!:nope

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 05:01 PM
The championship ceremony preparations were set. NBA TV's commercial about the Spurs championship gear was airing. Seriously, what can be worse that 28 seconds from winning it all in Game 6? Tell me what happened with that Washington Bullets story I'd love to hear it.Nah, I'm done with the meltdown a long time ago. I'm just replying to people's comments and stating what my eyes saw. I'm not the one starting threads about infamous Game 6.

Washington Bullets? There are those on here that can tell the story or sum it up better than I can, I defer to them. Sorry, or google it.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 05:06 PM
:nopeYou give yourself waaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, self delusional I guess. It had nothing to do with you or anything you wrote and continue to write, get it right. I watched the games. And then I moved on, because what's done is done, and I can't change it. But for sure I won't continually WHINE about it, like you do. That is just pure and simple childishness, period! or trolling!:nopeWell I managed to get you to say that Pop and Manu choked. I've never once read anything from you acknowledging that Pop and Manu fucked up. Most of the Popsuckers/Manutards in here won't dare to point the finger at them. If you reread my comment, I said that you "somewhat acknowledged that Pop and Manu fucked up" and that's huge.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe so, but you missed the most important point I was trying to make and that was the WHOLE team made mistakes that ultimately cost them the series that they had in the palm of their hands, not just Manu, and not just Pop, the WHOLE team! Get it right and kindly quit making assumptions by taking my words out of context. I'll bolden and underline it so maybe it will get through to you this time, I can only pray it will.:lol

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Maybe so, but you missed the most important point I was trying to make and that was the WHOLE team made mistakes that ultimately cost them the series that they had in the palm of their hands, not just Manu, and not just Pop, the WHOLE team! Get it right and kindly quit making assumptions by taking my words out of context. I'll bolden and underline it so maybe it will get through to you this time, I can only pray it will.:lolI appreciate you being polite about this whole matter unlike others. I just commented on another thread the reason why so many of us won't stop with the criticism. So long as people keep making threads about the matter, then I will follow along to give my point of view. Like I said earlier, I'm not the one starting the threads. That Lakers dude above us couldn't have said it better:

tmtcsc
07-19-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm as pissed as everyone else about the outcome but I take satisfaction knowing that we were worthy of being Champions. The Spurs deserved to be there and gave everything they had. They were seconds away from finishing their opponent on their opponent's floor in 6 games. GREAT season. No bitterness toward Miami. The BB Gods blessed them with some luck that day.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm as pissed as everyone else about the outcome but I take satisfaction knowing that we were worthy of being Champions. The Spurs deserved to be there and gave everything they had. They were seconds away from finishing their opponent on their opponent's floor in 6 games. GREAT season. No bitterness toward Miami. The BB Gods blessed them with some luck that day.

I will admit to this though: it hurt to lose this series, but not nearly so much as previous series losses simply because they ALMOST won it in game 6, it was right there for the taking and they just pissed it away. In fact I was more pissed at them then than at any other time this year. I knew then the handwriting was on the wall. You could not have gotten me to bet on the Spurs in game 7 if you had spotted me 100 points.:blah:flag:

lusisto
07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Green was suposed to be guarding james on the first 3 pointer but was inexplicably looking for the fast break (previous posesion) and was guarding allen on the last 3 before loosing him trying to rebound. I don't know why nobody mention this. There were lots of mental mistakes in the last 28 seconds, both from pop and players. Mental mistakes are worse than missed free throws.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Green was suposed to be guarding james on the first 3 pointer but was inexplicably looking for the fast break (previous posesion) and was guarding allen on the last 3 before loosing him trying to rebound. I don't know why nobody mention this. There were lots of mental mistakes in the last 28 seconds, both from pop and players. Mental mistakes are worse than missed free throws.

Of course they are {mental mistakes, I mean). I only brought up Kawhis' missed free throw, which was more obvious than the other mistakes) to illustrate my point, the same point I believe you are making, that the WHOLE team is responsible, not just Manu and Pop. People are human and even the best make mistakes!
I still love my Spurs though and am behind them come win or lose.
:flag:

Baseline
07-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Yes, Allen traveled. But if Tim were in the game, Bosh doesn't get that rebound. How do you not have your best players in the game? It's on Pop, and will always be on Pop.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Ok, it's on Pop, and to a certain extent on Manu too, but I would bet anything that their teammates don't feel the same way you do. So if they don't feel this way, why should you? With the way the press is so relentless these days, if any of them did feel that way it would have been reported by now. Don't take for granted the power of the press especially with regard to people in the limelight.

RD2191
07-19-2013, 07:13 PM

therealtruth
07-19-2013, 07:47 PM

All Pop had to do was run a play to get the ball to the best free throw shooter. Instead they barely got the ball inbounds and it went to the worst free throw shooter.

spurs10
07-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I will admit to this though: it hurt to lose this series, but not nearly so much as previous series losses simply because they ALMOST won it in game 6, it was right there for the taking and they just pissed it away.

Wouldn't that fact there make it worse than other series losses where they were not right there and not seconds away from a title? The almost or should have won and pissed it away part makes it ten times worse than say a second round loss etc.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Sure, it is worse than a second round loss, that goes without saying, but it isn't worse than leading a finals series 3 games to 1 and then losing 4 to 3. See Washington Bullets series. Now that is painful to go through. At least this time they were a free throw away from winning it all and against the consensus favorite, Miami with the supposed best player in the world, LaBron. Most would say the Spurs exceeded expectations.

Say, isn't this my 1000th post? I rarely post anymore, just read (lurk?) to find out the latest info. I actually thought I would never get here. Go figure! :toast

:nopeNope, just checked and it's 999. Oops, my bad!:lol

edit: now it says 1000,but it did say 999 when I first checked. :downspin::downspin: Whats going on?

Russ
07-19-2013, 08:34 PM

I think you need to reexamine your understanding of the term "homer."

A homer is not someone who thinks that the team played well even if they ended up losing like the "homers" that you accuse.

A homer is someone who thinks the team is so incredibly great that there must be an excuse, a fluke, a scapegoat, any time the team loses, i.e., they should have won every time and there is some "choke" or other explanation whenever that doesn't happen. That is a homer.

poeticism707
07-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Manu and his idiotic cross court passes as though the Spurs were playing the Bucks in the Finals as well as missing a free throw he had no business missing, and Pop deciding to channel his inner Mike D'antoni in Game 6, seeing if he was good enough enough at basketball strategy to do the impossible, and give away Game 6, the title, number 5, and TD's fourth finals mvp, up 5 with 28 secs to go, and give just gift it to the Heat. Perhaps the Spurs needed to "get over themselves."

Reffing in this series was totally fair.

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Sure, it is worse than a second round loss, that goes without saying, but it isn't worse than leading a finals series 3 games to 1 and then losing 4 to 3. See Washington Bullets series. Now that is painful to go through. At least this time they were a free throw away from winning it all and against the consensus favorite, Miami with the supposed best player in the world, LaBron. Most would say the Spurs exceeded expectations.

Say, isn't this my 1000th post? I rarely post anymore, just read (lurk?) to find out the latest info. I actually thought I would never get here. Go figure! :toast

:nopeNope, just checked and it's 999. Oops, my bad!:lol

edit: now it says 1000,but it did say 999 when I first checked. :downspin::downspin: Whats going on?
That series loss was probably when I was a baby, so glad I did not get to see them choke away a 3-1 lead in that series. I can't imagine at the time either, the Spurs had no titles and fans longed for one and they blow a golden shot at a title. My worst series losses were 95 WCF and I hated the 06 series like no other! TO LOSE to your rival in game 7 at home after a see saw come from behind and then take the lead and then to blow it on a stupid foul :( 06 we threepeat if we won that series there, book it! That one still stings like crazy!

This year I never thought they had a shot to win it all at the beginning of the playoffs and they shocked me! In 06 I thought we were the best team in the league and had HC, damn that one sucks to this day :(. I had huge expectations back then because everyone was in their prime.

heyheymymy
07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
i just think it's funny that pop led old man duncan, a corpse of manu ginobili, and d-league castaways and summer league-cut scrubs through the WC, with 2 sweeps mind you, and down the gauntlet to a game 7 in the nba finals against the goliath, nike-fed, disneySPN fluffed, superfriend all-stars, and even had game 6 on the road sewn up.

and miami, the built-by-a-12-year-old-on-xbox bling roster of colluding team USA olympians had to rely on 3 missed FTs, 2 missed rebounds, and 2 VERY miraculous 3 pointers to EVEN FORCE OT to survive to win the title.

lol if pop had that roster, shit would be swept and packed up tight.

that's what i hang my hat on. LOL MIAMI CHEAT.

cheat, collude, and buy your way through a pussified EC and still have to rely on miracles to beat a TOSB team in 7 that just ran the table on a far superior WC and all the wear n tear that comes from that?

miami is looking like the TOSBs to me, what a joke.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I think you need to reexamine your understanding of the term "homer."

A homer is not someone who thinks that the team played well even if they ended up losing like the "homers" that you accuse.

A homer is someone who thinks the team is so incredibly great that there must be an excuse, a fluke, a scapegoat, any time the team loses, i.e., they should have won every time and there is some "choke" or other explanation whenever that doesn't happen. That is a homer.Definition of Homer - Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homer

Don't most of the Spurs homers on ST have blind loyalty to the Spurs, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have?

houston spurs fan
07-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Definition of Homer - Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homer

Don't most of the Spurs homers on ST have blind loyalty to the Spurs, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have?
You are a Racist piece of shit. It's not funny.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 10:20 PM
You are a Racist piece of shit. It's not funny.

Wait a minute, that is a hell of a thing to say. I have never read a racist comment by this guy, whining about Pop and Manu, yes, but racist? I don't think so.

RD2191
07-19-2013, 10:22 PM
:music:music

houston spurs fan
07-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Wait a minute, that is a hell of a thing to say. I have never read a racist comment by this guy, whining about Pop and Manu, yes, but racist? I don't think so.
Have you seen his sig?

Phenomanul
07-19-2013, 10:51 PM
The biggest aspect of that play is how the Spurs with no timeouts left couldn't push the next play because Joey Crawford decided to review the three. They should have let the game play on and review the play on a dead ball situation (that's what Pop was utterly upset about)... Instead the Spurs were forced to advance the ball for a final play with a SET Heat defense...

james evans
07-20-2013, 12:21 AM
i don't care if allen took 9 steps, he should have never been in a position to take the shot. thanks pop..

SupremeGuy
07-20-2013, 03:30 AM
meh... Spurs had it and fucked it

That simple. It sucks but whatchagonnado? Hats off to the Heat for taking advantage. Deep down, even though no one will admit it, we were the better team. Oh well, on to next year.

TE
07-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Next season really needs to start tbh...

Capt Bringdown
07-20-2013, 08:27 AM
"“But anyway the San Antonio Spurs gave them every opportunity..."

fixed:

"“But anyway the San Antonio Spurs gave them the championship..."

therealtruth
07-20-2013, 01:00 PM
The biggest aspect of that play is how the Spurs with no timeouts left couldn't push the next play because Joey Crawford decided to review the three. They should have let the game play on and review the play on a dead ball situation (that's what Pop was utterly upset about)... Instead the Spurs were forced to advance the ball for a final play with a SET Heat defense...

But the Spurs illegally substituted Duncan anyway.

Kidd K
07-20-2013, 02:00 PM

And the possession before that, Ginobili only made one of two, neccessitating that whoever got to the line on the next possession (Leonard) would have to hit both in an even more pressure packed trip to the line instead of just one.

Why is it nobody mentions that and just blames Leonard? Manu sucked all night and still bricked his free throw which would've made everyone forget how shitty he played since it would've all but sealed the game.

Leonard, one of our worst FT shooters that postseason, shouldn't have even had the ball.

Agloco
07-20-2013, 09:18 PM
This thread is comedy gold.

therealtruth
07-20-2013, 09:48 PM
And the possession before that, Ginobili only made one of two, neccessitating that whoever got to the line on the next possession (Leonard) would have to hit both in an even more pressure packed trip to the line instead of just one.

Why is it nobody mentions that and just blames Leonard? Manu sucked all night and still bricked his free throw which would've made everyone forget how shitty he played since it would've all but sealed the game.

Leonard, one of our worst FT shooters that postseason, shouldn't have even had the ball.

Manu still had a chance to seal it by being the guy to get fouled instead of Kawhi. Yet it seemed like no one wanted the ball in that situation.

TheGreatYacht
07-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Manu still had a chance to seal it by being the guy to get fouled instead of Kawhi. Yet it seemed like no one wanted the ball in that situation.Did you know that Kawhi didn't even get fouled? He did not get touched yet the ref$ blew the whistle out of desperation.

Leetonidas
07-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I've lambasted Manu for his play in the Finals, particularly Game 6...but he brought it in Game 7, he had 18 points on 50% shooting and he only had 2 turnovers iirc, it's just that one came at a very, very bad time. Not excusing his play just pointing out that he didn't cost the Spurs the 7th game

TheGreatYacht
07-21-2013, 05:59 PM
I've lambasted Manu for his play in the Finals, particularly Game 6...but he brought it in Game 7, he had 18 points on 50% shooting and he only had 2 turnovers iirc, it's just that one came at a very, very bad time. Not excusing his play just pointing out that he didn't cost the Spurs the 7th gameGame 7 is kind of irrelevant IMO just for the simple fact that there was no need for a Game 7 had it not been for Pop and Manu handing the LOB trophy to the Heat so that is why I ignore the Manu apologists when they try to spread the blame and say "Oh, Timmy missed the game winning layup in Game 7."

ChumpDumper
07-21-2013, 06:06 PM
This isn't ignoring them tbh.

Josepatches_
07-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Tony traveled in game 1 too, who cares
It's over