PDA

View Full Version : ryan richards haters

playblair
07-19-2013, 08:40 PM
yo @Solid D (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=21)u peep that performance .................... richards = steal............................

BatManu20
07-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Lol one good game doesn't mean much.. But yea he balled out tonight. He hustles too. If only he could do that consistently.

spurraider21
07-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Richards looked damn good on the offensive end out there. Still looks lackadaisical on D and underwhelming on the boards. He's got great amount of skill though, that can't be denied

spursince#99
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Camp invite? He can definitely play small ball.

Vic Petro
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Hopefully he can carry this over to the Bulgarian League or wherever he's playing these days.

Chinook
07-19-2013, 08:51 PM
I'd like the team to use the last spot on him and put him in Austin for a few years. He needs a lot of work, but his potential is really high. He was the second-youngest player on the roster.

Chinook
07-19-2013, 08:52 PM

I think it's guaranteed contract of Europe.

exstatic
07-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Hopefully he can carry this over to the Bulgarian League or wherever he's playing these days.

Probably the Lichtenstein Basketball Association. :lol Or maybe it was Moldova.

celldweller
07-19-2013, 08:56 PM
It's not till they played him consistent minutes and passed him the freaking ball did he finally "show up" !!!

BatManu20
07-19-2013, 08:59 PM
It's not till they played him consistent minutes and passed him the freaking ball did he finally "show up" !!!

I think he's pretty fragile mentally at this point too. When he sees his first couple shots go in, his confidence goes up and he just plays with a different energy and looks for his shot. In a couple of the previous games if he missed his first couple he would shy away. He's still really raw, but at only 22 years old, he easily has the highest upside of any Spurs prospect at this point.

mingus
07-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Going by what i saw this game (all ive seen of him), offensively it looks like he has a lot of talent. He made it look effortless. It looks like the talent is there, but what will decide his future is if he can put it all together mentally. Maybe you give him a roster spot or at least training camp invite and let him be around the vets, who could help him grow. I think his talent is deserving of it.

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Going by what i saw this game (all ive seen of him), offensively it looks like he has a lot of talent. He made it look effortless. It looks like the talent is there, but what will decide his future is if he can put it all together mentally. Maybe you give him a roster spot or at least training camp invite and let him be around the vets, who could help him grow. I think his talent is deserving of it.

Agreed.

benefactor
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Staying in the states and going to the D-League is his only chance at making a roster.

Richie
07-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Dude is terrible. Will never make it in the NBA

DJR210
07-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Go make a playrichards account so you can dick ride him too, faggot.

BatManu20
07-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Dude is terrible. Will never make it in the NBA
http://i42.tinypic.com/10dffgi.png

Lincolnkreifels
07-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Nah I really thought the way he played tonight was evidence that he was improving just over the course of this week. He finally seemed comfortable moving and screening in the motion offense and scored 18 points in 15 minutes as a result. He only has experience playing in weak european leagues and the problems or mistakes he's had in summer league play have been of the mental or disciplinary type. I think he definitely shows enough coherence and integrity during interviews to have serious success in the D league and beyond if he can correct those simple problems.

raybies
07-19-2013, 10:06 PM
:rollin

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 10:11 PM
BTW to have haters don't you actually have to have success or be great on some level? I doubt there is Richards haters out there lol, some just think he is raw or just not that good.

Lincolnkreifels
07-19-2013, 10:19 PM
I think there are a lot of people who are done giving him chances bc he hasn't lived up to the hype whatsoever and there have been multiple reports/signs of immaturity over the years... but yeah not haters.

Richie
07-19-2013, 10:27 PM

I'm British, I'd love for Richards to become an NBA level big man. The reality is that I just don't see it happen. Happy to eat humble pie if he makes it as a rotation player somewhere, doubt it though.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd like the team to use the last spot on him and put him in Austin for a few years. He needs a lot of work, but his potential is really high. He was the second-youngest player on the roster.Tbh, I rather give Dexter Pittman a shot in training camp. I like what I've seen from this kid. He looks like a good rebounder and shot blocker, something the Spurs have lacked for the longest time. Pittman has shown more in the course of 5 games than what Ryan Richards showed in one game. I also like Hollis Thompson's defense and hustle. Is there room to invite Pittman, Thompson, and Thomas to training camp or preseason?

jbspurs
07-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Play Richards will replace Play Blair!

Solid D
07-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Richards made the best of his opportunity tonight. He was posting up on an orange practice cone, but credit Ryan for converting. He does not have NBA-level talent. He's a big fella with poor defensive awareness who scored against a very poor Milwaukee team defense.

Sean Cagney
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Play Richards will replace Play Blair!

And both will be delusional fucks rooting for a average as hell player to be played like he is a saviour :lol:rollin

AND to add to it, both won't be on the team next year so they both can go away as well (Playblair and Play Richards) :lmao

playblair
07-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Richards made the best of his opportunity tonight. He was posting up on an orange practice cone, but credit Ryan for converting. He does not have NBA-level talent. He's a big fella with poor defensive awareness who scored against a very poor Milwaukee team defense.

richards proved that he has a legit mid range/ 3pt shot & post moves...................

pad300
07-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Staying in the states and going to the D-League is his only chance at making a roster.

Yep, needs much development time. Isn't going to get it in another environment. The question is how can we get him to the Toros without using a Spurs roster spot and/or losing his rights...

TXstbobcat
07-20-2013, 12:14 AM
I know it was only one game and it was against summer league competition, but I don't the spurs should give up on Richards yet. He rebounded like a beast, showed a nice post game and showed 3pt range today.

Chinook
07-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Tbh, I rather give Dexter Pittman a shot in training camp. I like what I've seen from this kid. He looks like a good rebounder and shot blocker, something the Spurs have lacked for the longest time. Pittman has shown more in the course of 5 games than what Ryan Richards showed in one game. I also like Hollis Thompson's defense and hustle. Is there room to invite Pittman, Thompson, and Thomas to training camp or preseason?

Same Richards, the Spurs will try not to invite Thomas to camp unless they give him a guaranteed contract. They don't own Pittman's or Thompson's rights, so there's no downside to signing them. I doubt Pittman sign's with the Spurs, though. There's almost certainly no chance they grab a fourth center and seventh big.

TXstbobcat
07-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Yep, needs much development time. Isn't going to get it in another environment. The question is how can we get him to the Toros without using a Spurs roster spot and/or losing his rights...

If we don't sign him to a contract and he plays in Austin for the toros then wouldn't he be available for any team to call up and sign?

Chinook
07-20-2013, 12:27 AM
If we don't sign him to a contract and he plays in Austin for the toros then wouldn't he be available for any team to call up and sign?

No. If the Spurs don't sign him to a contract, they still own his rights, and no NBA team would be able to own his rights. There's no guarantee, however, that Richards would be able to play on the Toros, as they wouldn't own his rights unless the Spurs signed him and cut him.

sasffl
07-20-2013, 09:00 AM
He needs to go to a high level league to improve his everything

Jwash_1986
07-20-2013, 09:09 AM
yo @Solid D (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=21)u peep that performance .................... richards = steal............................
I've always been optimistic about Richards potential. Me personally I'm rooting for him. I didn't even know there was a game on last night, by any chance does anyone know if they'll show rerun?

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Richards has raw talent and knows how to do some things. His J looks solid and at least last night he showed the beginnings of a post game, though you have to consider the level of the competition.

Austin doesn't sound like a bad idea at this point.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Historically it's been fairly easy to get a willing draft pick onto a team's D-League squad without having him on the parent team's roster. That player would sign a D-League contract, go through the draft then get traded to the parent team if he wasn't picked by them in the first place. Especially these days with so many single team affiliates, there is no reason to develop another team's player so most D-League teams would be willing to deal.

Plumblbw
07-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Richards has raw talent and knows how to do some things. His J looks solid and at least last night he showed the beginnings of a post game, though you have to consider the level of the competition.

Austin doesn't sound like a bad idea at this point.

RE: Austin, from memory he actually mentioned in his pre-draft interview that he was happy to be up and down the D-league, but didn't want to be stashed in Europe. He's still young and has time to get it right, but I have doubts about his work ethic and focus on improving. I think part of the problem might be that growing up he would have been better and bigger than everyone. Things were probably too easy for him then. He has to realise that if he wants to stand any chance of playing in the best basketball league in the world he has to work his nuts off and put it all of together.

Chinook
07-20-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: Austin, from memory he actually mentioned in his pre-draft interview that he was happy to be up and down the D-league, but didn't want to be stashed in Europe. He's still young and has time to get it right, but I have doubts about his work ethic and focus on improving. I think part of the problem might be that growing up he would have been better and bigger than everyone. Things were probably too easy for him then. He has to realise that if he wants to stand any chance of playing in the best basketball league in the world he has to work his nuts off and put it all of together.

You can definitely see that he doesn't get challenged often. He's used to being the man on the court, and that affects his demeanor. The good thing about the d-league is that there are some semi-legit bigs for him to go up against. Plus, he'll get Spurs-style coaching around the clock. He needs to fix his attitude and awareness to be successful, and I don't know if he can. But it's getting to the point that the team needs to find out.

Chinook
07-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Historically it's been fairly easy to get a willing draft pick onto a team's D-League squad without having him on the parent team's roster. That player would sign a D-League contract, go through the draft then get traded to the parent team if he wasn't picked by them in the first place. Especially these days with so many single team affiliates, there is no reason to develop another team's player so most D-League teams would be willing to deal.

Do you mean just according to the rules, or do you mean this has happened before?

BackHome
07-20-2013, 12:01 PM
We were all saying the same things about CoJo after his first year....."JUST SAYING">>>>...:)

ace3g
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DpkzCLj4A

ceperez
07-20-2013, 01:39 PM

Thanks!!!!

Hmmm... lots of potential! So he's like 6'11"?

Lots of potential, he just needs coaching. Looks like he's making the game more difficult that it has to be.

MaineSpursFan
07-20-2013, 02:20 PM
richards over bonner??

elmanutres
07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
the word hater is such a retarded overused word

GB20
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
A seven footer with soft touch like Ryan Richard does not grow on trees. it really hard to find those kind of players.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-20-2013, 03:07 PM

That move and shot at 1:02 is unstoppable, especially if he puts a little more vertical into it.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Do you mean just according to the rules, or do you mean this has happened before?Upon further review, I may have erroneously thought it already happened. In theory this should work at least. Draft trades are pretty easily made.

ceperez
07-20-2013, 04:25 PM
A seven footer with soft touch like Ryan Richard does not grow on trees. it really hard to find those kind of players.

I agree... a seven footer that's comfortable with taking the 3. I mean.... what does Bonner do anyway, doesn't he just wait around the 3 point line on offense and occasionally screen?

Also, he may not be as strong as Baynes or as high a leaper, but offensively on the post they are equivalent.

Well, these are all highlights, and just maybe Richards didn't know how to put himself in the court. But clearly he has talent, he just needs coaching.

ceperez
07-20-2013, 04:28 PM
That move and shot at 1:02 is unstoppable, especially if he puts a little more vertical into it.

Don't think we need Richards to perform unstoppable moves, we just need him to be really good with a limited amount of things.

(1) Shoot the 3.
(2) Setting up screens.
(3) Finishing on the pick and role.
(4) Defensive rebounding.
(5) Finish strong when cutting to the rim.

maybe....

(4) An occasional mid level jumper when open.

he's rarely going to need to:
(1) Shoot the 3 when he's not open.
(2) Post up his man on an isolation.
(3) Serve up assists from the post.
(4) Score from the dribble.

Which incidentally, Bonner can't do!

BackHome
07-20-2013, 04:44 PM
He has a lot more potential then Ian ever had.

DapDaGenius
07-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Did PlayBlair make a PlayRichards account yet? LOL

I like Richards, I hope he gets a chance with the team. He'll be in the D-league with Baynes for a bit if he does though(Well more than likely).

playblair
07-20-2013, 04:53 PM
the word hater is such a retarded overused word

peep the ryan richards think thank thread....................... haters galore ..............................................

Solid D
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
LoL, I don't hate anybody. If I was to hate someone, Ryan would be waaaayyyyyy down the list near the bottom of people about whom I might feel that way.

If Mr. Ryan Richards ever makes it to an NBA roster, I will be one of the first people to admit publicly that I was wrong.
I wish Ryan well. I also encourage him to prepare for other means of income to support himself and his family in the future.

Budkin
07-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Man I just caught that game. He seemed like a baller but was it fool's gold? Any chance he plays for the Toros and/or us this season?

Lincolnkreifels
07-22-2013, 08:03 PM
some people see it, some people see results