PDA

View Full Version : How accurate are these statements?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Without Pop, the Spurs still would've won at least one championship, maybe more.

Without Tony Parker the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without Manu Ginobili the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without David Robinson, the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without Tim Duncan the Spurs never would've won a championship.

jARS mEsH sEt
07-21-2013, 01:33 AM
True
True
True
True
True

playblair
07-21-2013, 01:42 AM
benching blair in 2010/11 for dice & bonner = epic fail ................... blair was a menace in the low post.................

Skull-1
07-21-2013, 01:51 AM
True
true
true
true
false

2 and 3 and 4 already happened, frankly.

mosdef17
07-21-2013, 03:03 AM
All idiotic.

KaiRMD1
07-21-2013, 03:25 AM
One has to truly look at these statements to understand the logic but yes, if the Miami Heat can win a championship with Bruno Mars coaching them then yes, the Spurs could have won without Pop. As for the statement concerning Tim Duncan, well ol' sport, that's about as true a statement as it gets.

Juggity
07-21-2013, 05:23 AM
True
true
true
true
false

You seriously think the spurs would have won a championship without Duncan?

I can't think of any good argument to support that position. Even now, at 37 years old, Tim is carrying the team, and they definitely would not have made the finals without him in peak form (think about the overtime vs. Golden State in Rd.2).

Without Tim, they don't win in '99 (D Rob alone wasn't even enough in his prime, let alone in his decline). They definitely don't win in 2003 (do they even make the playoffs without Tim?). They definitely don't win in 2005 (good year for Manu and Tony, but against the defensively dominant Pistons team? I can't see the spurs pulling it off). 2007 is only possibility, and even that seems incredibly remote. How do the spurs make it past the 2007 Suns without Timmy patrolling the paint?

cd021
07-21-2013, 09:00 AM
benching blair in 2010/11 for dice & bonner = epic fail ................... blair was a menace in the low post.................

:lmao

Zbo was giving us fits so your answer was to put a by 3-4 inches shorter on him to shut him down? Bonner is three times the defender of Blair in the post.

cd021
07-21-2013, 09:00 AM
True
true
true
true
false

No Tim, No titles...

exstatic
07-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Zbo was giving us fits so your answer was to put a by 3-4 inches shorter on him to shut him down? Bonner is three times the defender of Blair in the post.

playblair is a troll. You won't get legitimate discussion out of that poster, so stop trying.

SA210
07-21-2013, 09:10 AM
If it wasn't for Pop's stubborn small ball choke jobs the Spurs would have at least 2-3 more titles.

TheGreatYacht
07-21-2013, 09:38 AM
True
true
true
true
false

Captivus
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
What player to the Spurs have instead of TD?

playblair
07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

bonner / dice were overwhelmed .................... blair would bang with zbo............... blair gives other teams bigs fits with his defense............ how do u explain 2010 dice was absolutely dominated in the PNR............................

cd021
07-21-2013, 01:29 PM
bonner / dice were overwhelmed .................... blair would bang with zbo............... blair gives other teams bigs fits with his defense............ how do u explain 2010 dice was absolutely dominated in the PNR............................

I like Blair but man come on with this. Bonner was the right play for Zbo. He could stretch Zbo out of the paint on offense and has historically been a very good post player (ZBo would now agree with this statement). That Memphis team was just a fantastic team. Conley and Allen with Battier was like a buzz-saw on defense. We had an insane offensive rating (114, i think) and we could barely manage 85 in any given game. Duncan looked bad that series. Manu and Hill were they only consistent threats on the wing with Parker checking in and out of the game.

Zbo should have been checked by Duncan in the second halves of games. If that was you're argument, id agree with you.But Blair was a no go. He wasn't nearly the polished player he was on offense as he was now. Even with him clocking in at almost 300lbs (according to reports) he still couldn't bang with ZBo. Randoph is at least 3 inches bigger and has that high release jumper. If Dyess who is a taller longer player couldn't bother the shot I'd doubt Blair could.

Blair also loves to gamble in the post, by swiping at the ball. It works occasionally but if it doesn't he is now out of position and has to foul or give up an easy basket. Blair has never been a great P&R defender. Dice was longer, more athletic and agile even at 34 than Blair was at 22

silverblk mystix
07-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Without Pop, the Spurs still would've won at least one championship, maybe more.

Without Tony Parker the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without Manu Ginobili the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without David Robinson, the Spurs still would've won championships.

Without Tim Duncan the Spurs never would've won a championship.

How fucking obvious is it that the only true statement is the first one.

Remove any of the others and the spurs don't win as many titles. Remove Pop and you win at least 2-3 more.

/thread.

Vic Petro
07-21-2013, 03:33 PM
False
True
True
True
True

Without Pop, Duncan is winning rings in Orlando.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-21-2013, 04:08 PM
True
true
true
true
false

Regarding 2, 3, and 4, I put championships, implying SA would've won multiple championships in those scenarios. Maybe not as many, but 2 at least.

therealtruth
07-21-2013, 05:35 PM
If it wasn't for Pop's stubborn small ball choke jobs the Spurs would have at least 2-3 more titles.

I have no problem losing the way we've played all season but when Pop decides to panic and change things at the last minute it drives me nuts.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I have no problem losing the way we've played all season but when Pop decides to panic and change things at the last minute it drives me nuts.

Exactly, it's annoying that at this stage, Pop wouldn't have enough trust in Duncan to let him finish game 6.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Now I know I'll receive criticism for this, but the main point of this, is of all of the big names at SA, Gervin, Robinson, Pop, Manu, Parker, and Duncan, none is bigger than Duncan and it may not even be that close. As I dwell on that, it just boggles my mind how arrogant Pop would be to think he has a bigger impact on the game than Tim Duncan. Any coach should know, when you have the privilege of having a Tim Duncan at your organization, you 100% trust him in the final seconds of a closeout game of the NBA Finals. I know this is water under the bridge, time to move on, blah blah blah, but while the loss is very heartbreaking, I'm still shocked more than heartbroken. I cannot believe a great coach like Pop would make such a huge mistake that would forever tarnish his legacy and reputation. All because of just a little arrogance in Pop's mind, he thought he had more control than the great Tim Duncan. Bill Russell said it before the game, don't make an adjustment that will take you away from your best game, rather improve on your best game. Tim Duncan is the best player on this team, always has been. Parker has gotten the attention, but Duncan has and will always be better than him. Pop over thought, and it was all caused by arrogance. I never thought I'd see Pop have to eat such a huge piece of humble pie. I think more of my heartbreak comes more from what Tim Duncan has gone through, getting screwed by Amy, and now getting screwed by Pop and Manu, more than the fact that the Spurs lost.

TheGreatYacht
07-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Now I know I'll receive criticism for this, but the main point of this, is of all of the big names at SA, Gervin, Robinson, Pop, Manu, Parker, and Duncan, none is bigger than Duncan and it may not even be that close. As I dwell on that, it just boggles my mind how arrogant Pop would be to think he has a bigger impact on the game than Tim Duncan. Any coach should know, when you have the privilege of having a Tim Duncan at your organization, you 100% trust him in the final seconds of a closeout game of the NBA Finals. I know this is water under the bridge, time to move on, blah blah blah, but while the loss is very heartbreaking, I'm still shocked more than heartbroken. I cannot believe a great coach like Pop would make such a huge mistake that would forever tarnish his legacy and reputation. All because of just a little arrogance in Pop's mind, he thought he had more control than the great Tim Duncan. Bill Russell said it before the game, don't make an adjustment that will take you away from your best game, rather improve on your best game. Tim Duncan is the best player on this team, always has been. Parker has gotten the attention, but Duncan has and will always be better than him. Pop over thought, and it was all caused by arrogance. I never thought I'd see Pop have to eat such a huge piece of humble pie. I think more of my heartbreak comes more from what Tim Duncan has gone through, getting screwed by Amy, and now getting screwed by Pop and Manu, more than the fact that the Spurs lost.Bingo. Swallow that Popsuckers. You basically pinpointed everything that I've been this whole time. The FO, Pop, Manu, and TP are all byproducts of Tim Duncan. Without Tim Duncan, Spurs have ZERO championships. Tim Duncan would have more championships if the FO wasn't so stingy and Tim Duncan would have his 5th ring had it not been for Pop and Manu fucking it all up in Game 6.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=eTD2r8TCypOAzM&tbnid=T1NqBfDTuh5umM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Flists%2F3086 8d6681%2Fgif-guide-clapping&ei=l43sUeHMNJKY9QSKo4DABg&psig=AFQjCNG6Ipv8hV8VNlRZBDtu8sAsLTKARA&ust=1374543639906470)