PDA

View Full Version : The best ever right now

Avante
07-21-2013, 04:35 AM
The NFL has been around since 1920, seen a lot of players come and go. A lot of teams come and go.

Every team has its legendary players, it's Hall of Famers. So who are those players playing right now that would be the best ever for that franchise?

Here are just a few.....

Adrian Peterson...is by far the best back the Vikings have ever had. They have no backs in the HOF.

Tom Brady....the Pats never really had a "great" QB prior to Brady.

Marshawn Lynch...the Seahawks have had some solid backs in Alexander, Warren and Warner but nothing like this beast.

Tony Gonzalez...not sure I can put him above John Mackey when it comes to TE's, Mackey was something else but I don't have to, Tony is great.

Whatcha got?

J.T.
07-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Andrew Luck, best QB Colts have ever had for sure.

Avante
07-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Andrew Luck, best QB Colts have ever had for sure.

Well actually as of right now.

Peyton Manning
Johnny Unitas
Bert Jones
Earl Morrall
Andrew Luck

J.T.
07-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Well actually as of right now.

Peyton Manning
Johnny Unitas
Bert Jones
Earl Morrall
Andrew Luck

Who the fuck is Johnny Unitas?

Avante
07-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Who the fuck is Johnny Unitas?

Why the fuck do you care?

Blake
07-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Cowboys - Tony Romo

49ers - Michael Crabtree

Broncos - Wes Welker

Patriots - Danny Amendola

J.T.
07-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Cowboys - Tony Romo

49ers - Michael Crabtree

Broncos - Wes Welker

Which of these is not like the others. . . ?

Avante
07-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Cowboys - Tony Romo

49ers - Michael Crabtree

Broncos - Wes Welker

That was sad.

As you guys can see I try to talk football, then here come these little morons...wow~~~~~

Blake
07-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Chiefs - Alex Smith

Avante
07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Chiefs - Alex Smith

Try Hall of Famer...Len Dawson

Blake
07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Houston Oilers - Dan Pastorini

Clipper Nation
07-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Avante probably thinks Jeff Garcia is the best Niner ever, for obvious reasons :lol

Avante
07-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Houston Oilers - Dan Pastorini

Try Hall of Famer....Warren Moon

J.T.
07-21-2013, 01:36 PM
That was sad.

As you guys can see I try to talk football, then here come these little morons...wow~~~~~

:cry:cry:cry nobody wants to talk football with me :cry:cry:cry

Avante
07-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Avante probably thinks Jeff Garcia is the best Niner ever, for obvious reasons :lol

So simple, so limited..wow~~~~

1.Joe Montana
2.Steve Young
3.Y.A.Tittle
4.John Brodie

Avante
07-21-2013, 01:40 PM
:cry:cry:cry nobody wants to talk football with me :cry:cry:cry

translation

Damn that Avante, where does he come up with all this stuff? Who in the hell is Johnny Unitas?

Blake
07-21-2013, 03:22 PM
You still haven't said who this Johnny Unitas is

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Try Hall of Famer...Len Dawson
Try Priest Holmes or Derrick Thomas

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Dolphins - Dan Marino
Bills - O.J. Simpson
Pats - Tom Brady
Jets - Curtis Martin or one of the guys from the NYSE (Gastineau or Klecko)

Steelers - ?
Ravens - Ed Reed
Bengals - Boomer Esiason
Browns - Jim Brown

Oilers/Texans - Earl Campbell/Andre Johnson
Jaguars - MJD
Colts - Peyton Manning
Titans - Steve McNair

Chiefs - Priest Holmes/Derrick Thomas
Raiders - Marcus Allen
Broncos - John Elway
Chargers - LDT

Redskins - John Riggins/Art Monk
Cowboys - Roger Staubach
Eagles - Randall Cunningham/Brian Dawkins
Giants - Lawrence Taylor

Vikings - Randy Moss
Lions - Barry Sanders
Packers - Aaron Rodgers
Bears - Sweetness/Sayers

Saints - Drew Brees
Falcons - Julio Jones
Panthers - Steve Smith
Buccaneers - Warren Sapp/Derrick Brooks

49ers - Joe Montana
Seahawks - Steve Largent/Cortez Kennedy
Rams - Deacon Jones/Kurt Warner/Marshall Faulk
Cardinals - Fitz

J.T.
07-21-2013, 04:12 PM
No I seriously don't know who Johnny Unitas is. Is he related to Johnny Depp?

Clipper Nation
07-21-2013, 04:25 PM
That pussy Tomlinson is not the greatest Charger of all time, not even close.... Alworth, Fouts, or Seau are...

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
That pussy Tomlinson is not the greatest Charger of all time, not even close.... Alworth, Fouts, or Seau are...
:lolPutting Alworth over Tomlinson. Wanna throw Stan Humphries and Tony Martin into the mix too? Fouts is definitely acceptable, though...had that Charger playoff gene though, like LDT

Blake
07-21-2013, 04:31 PM

i bet Johnny Football could tweet him a new one

Avante
07-21-2013, 06:47 PM

Johnny Unitas was out of tiny Trinity College a DIII school. After doing a stint in the marines where he won the the Congresional Medal of Honor he decided to try his hand at pro football, he'd played guard while at Trinity. He signed with your Colts in 1944, they already had plenty of the...big uglies...what they didn't have was a QB. Johnny had tossed plenty of grenades around in the war, so what's throwing a football? Well Johnny took to his new position like a duck to water, he was a natural. He'd go on to win the league MVP no less than nine times, he'd break every passing and rushing record on the books, he also punted and returned kicks, he still holds the Colts franchise record with a 103 yard kickoff return. He is still considered the greatest QB to ever play at Trinity.

Johnny Depp is married to Unitas cousin Eva Dean Bodine's best friend. They used to play poker until Depp caught Unitas cheating. As we know retired ball players always need that $$$$$$$$$$$.

Avante
07-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm?

Dolphins...Marino..Czonka..Warfield
Bills...Kelly..Thomas..Reed
Jets..Namath..Martin...Maynard
Pats...Brady..Cunningam...Welker

Steelers...Big Ben..Bettis Ward
Ravens...Flacco...Rice...Mason
Bengals..Esiason...Dillon...Johnson
Browns...Sipe..Brown..Newsome

Chargers...Fouts..Tomlinson...Alworth
Raiders...Stabler..Allen..Brown
Chiefs...Dawson...Holmes...Gonzalez
Broncos...Elway..Davis..Smith

Texans...Schaub..Foster..Johnson
Titans/Oilers..Moon...Campbell..Givens
Jags...Brunell...MJD..Smith
Colts...Manning..James..Harrison

Niners...Montana..Rice...Gore
Rams...Warner...Jacson..Bruce
Seahawks..Hasselbeck..Lynch..Largent
Cards..Hart..Anderson..Fitzgerald

Packers..Favre...Taylor...Lofton
Bears..Luckman..Payton...Morris
Vikings...Tarkenton...Peterson...Carter
Lions..Layne...Sanders..Johnson

Redskins...Jurgenson...Riggins...Monk
Cowboys...Aikman..Smith..Irvin
Eagles...McNabb...Montcomery...Carmichael
Giants..Manning...Barber...Toomer

Falcons...Ryan...Riggs..White
Saints...Brees..McAlister...Martin
Panthers...Newton..Williams..Smith
Buc's...Williams...Wilder..Carrier

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Joe Namath might be the most overrated HOFer of all-time. He's in on the merits of one game (of which he accounted for 0 points). His career #'s are god-awful.

Clipper Nation
07-21-2013, 07:41 PM
:lolPutting Alworth over Tomlinson. Wanna throw Stan Humphries and Tony Martin into the mix too? Fouts is definitely acceptable, though...had that Charger playoff gene though, like LDT

I'd say all of LT's overexaggerated injuries (especially the sprain he milked on the bench while Rivers was playing on a torn ACL), pouting, and postseason disappearing acts (the Titans game in '07 comes to mind) pretty much disqualify him from "greatest Charger ever" status, tbh... at least Alworth brought the only championship to date to the franchise, Seau got to the Super Bowl, and Fouts had some elite career stats and great playoff performances despite never winning the big one....

Avante
07-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Joe Namath might be the most overrated HOFer of all-time. He's in on the merits of one game (of which he accounted for 0 points). His career #'s are god-awful.

I totally agree about Namath, another one is Lynn Swann, his stats totally pale in comparision to Raider Cliff Branch who isn't in the HOF.

Having big Superbowl games without question what is going on there.

Avante
07-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd say all of LT's overexaggerated injuries (especially the sprain he milked on the bench while Rivers was playing on a torn ACL), pouting, and postseason disappearing acts (the Titans game in '07 comes to mind) pretty much disqualify him from "greatest Charger ever" status, tbh... at least Alworth brought the only championship to date to the franchise, Seau got to the Super Bowl, and Fouts had some elite career stats and great playoff performances despite never winning the big one....

The greatest Charger ever was Kellen Winslow.

You'll talk a lot of QB's before ya get to Fouts, receivers before ya get to Alworth, backers before ya get to Seau and a lot of running backs before ya ge to Tomlinson, you won't go far talking TE's before ya get to Kellen Winslow.

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
I totally agree about Namath, another one is Lynn Swann, his stats totally pale in comparision to Raider Cliff Branch who isn't in the HOF.

Having big Superbowl games without question what is going on there.
Yup. The 70's Steelers have a disproportionate amount of HOFers while the 70's Cowboys and 80's 49ers got hosed in comparison. Agreed on Cliff Branch too, who used to make the great Mel Blount his bitch.

Blizzardwizard
07-21-2013, 09:40 PM
LT should be up their skill-wise, although it may have all ended on a slightly sour note no denying that he's a top five Charger.

Pelicans78
07-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Joe Horn is probably higher than Eric Martin on the Saints WR list, but Marquis Colston may be higher than both now and when its all said and done. Actually, Jimmy Graham could surpass him.

Pelicans78
07-21-2013, 10:56 PM
But, I would put OT Willie Roaf and OLB Ricky Jackson behind Brees when it comes to all time Saints list.

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Ricky Jackson, blast from the past there...Saints had some beast LB's det year

Pelicans78
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Ricky Jackson, blast from the past there...Saints had some beast LB's det year

Yeah they had 4 Pro Bowl LBs at the same time. Elite defenses overall, but the secondary was average at best and not much of a passing game on offense. Those were the reasons they couldn't win in the playoffs. But Ricky Jackson did it all defensively. Excellent pass rusher, could stop the run and strong in pass coverage. Great player.

Avante
07-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Joe Horn is probably higher than Eric Martin on the Saints WR list, but Marquis Colston may be higher than both now and when its all said and done. Actually, Jimmy Graham could surpass him.

While it's close Martin is the all time leading receivers for the Saints but Colston is right there. Joe Horn second but like I said, close.

Pelicans78
07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
While it's close Martin is the all time leading receivers for the Saints but Colston is right there. Joe Horn second but like I said, close.

I think Horn has the most TDs and more Pro Bowls. Watching the two, Horn was better overall. Martin was more of a possession receiver. Horn could go deep and catch over the middle. Colston will end up having better numbers than both due to playing with Brees. But I think Graham will end up being the best. He's a monster and almost beat the Niners by himself in the playoffs two years ago. They had no one on the field who could cover him.

Avante
07-22-2013, 09:57 PM
I think Horn has the most TDs and more Pro Bowls. Watching the two, Horn was better overall. Martin was more of a possession receiver. Horn could go deep and catch over the middle. Colston will end up having better numbers than both due to playing with Brees. But I think Graham will end up being the best. He's a monster and almost beat the Niners by himself in the playoffs two years ago. They had no one on the field who could cover him.

Martin

7,854yds
532rec
48td

Horn

Like I said, real close. Pretty sure you're right about the pro bowls.

Colston will surpass all those numbers, soon.

Graham has a long ways to go but he does have talent.