PDA

View Full Version : Was in San Antonio this past weekend

Phillip
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Went with family. Got to go to Schlitterbahn, which was pretty fun. They don't have any really good thrill rides, but its a fun family water park.

Ate at La Fogata. Everything there was fantastic.

Pissed off spurfans by making "game 6" jokes.

Finally had my one-on-one fight with Koriwhat that he has challenged me to for years, but was too much of a vagina to ever come down to Dallas and duke it out. :ihit

It was a pretty good weekend.

I. Hustle
07-22-2013, 09:54 AM
by one on one fight do you mean gay secks?

Phillip
07-22-2013, 09:56 AM
by one on one fight do you mean gay secks?
no

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Ate at La Fogata. Everything there was fantastic.

Can't believe that salsa is just tomatoes, serranos, and salt. You just char the hell out of them and then grind it all up.

Phillip
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Can't believe that salsa is just tomatoes, serranos, and salt. You just char the hell out of them and then grind it all up.

I know its crazy. Amazing salsa.

mrsmaalox
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Someone told me the HEB salsa they sell in the produce dept is La Fogata's recipe.

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Someone told me the HEB salsa they sell in the produce dept is La Fogata's recipe.

Their recipe is so simple.

2.5 lbs tomatoes, blacken for about an hour over medium heat (occasionally turn them)
1 lbs serranos, blacken for about a half hour over medium heat (occasionally turn them)
crush and add salt to taste

Supposedly the only hard thing is knowing when they're done; they need be charred but still juicy.

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
I like La Fogata. My Hispanic in laws all think it's garbage though.

I feel like they're wrong.....and dumb.....and hispanic.

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I like La Fogata. My Hispanic in laws all think it's garbage though.

I feel like they're wrong.....and dumb.....and hispanic.

It's funny, Bill Walton used to constantly rave about the place whenever the Clippers were in San Antonio. There were only two things he ever talked about in Spurs-Clippers broadcasts:

1) How awesome he thought La Fogata was
2) How shitty he thought Micheal Olowokandi was

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
I suppose it's not "real" Mexican food like my in laws cook, but is much rather have La Fogata then their food which consists of beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese spread out over a variety of soft or hard tortilla shells.

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Also, Menudo is fucking gross.

lebomb
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Also, Menudo is fucking gross.

Why did you marry a hispanic chick if you cant stand the inlaws food. I wouldnt marry a white girl if I knew Mac N Cheese and tall glass of cold milk was on the menu most nights. :(

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Why did you marry a hispanic chick if you cant stand the inlaws food. I wouldnt marry a white girl if I knew Mac N Cheese and tall glass of cold milk was on the menu most nights. :(

Lol....it's not that I hate their food, they just make "poor people" Mexican food and that shit is boring. I do the cooking at my house and I swear I make better Mexican food than they do.

Menudo is still gross though.

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Plus I love me some petite messican women.

Rogue
07-22-2013, 06:02 PM
you fought calf tat in SA sounds cool bro, who won btw?

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I suppose it's not "real" Mexican food like my in laws cook, but is much rather have La Fogata then their food which consists of beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese spread out over a variety of soft or hard tortilla shells.

Your in-laws don't sound like they cook Mexican either tbh. Do they work at Taco Bell?

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Menudo is still gross though.

But pozole is awesome

DPG21920
07-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Same with Caldo ^

mrsmaalox
07-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Their recipe is so simple.

2.5 lbs tomatoes, blacken for about an hour over medium heat (occasionally turn them)
1 lbs serranos, blacken for about a half hour over medium heat (occasionally turn them)
crush and add salt to taste

Supposedly the only hard thing is knowing when they're done; they need be charred but still juicy.

And not even an onion or garlic? Amazing.

johnsmith
07-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Your in-laws don't sound like they cook Mexican either tbh. Do they work at Taco Bell?

Funny you say that, I made that very joke last Christmas...it didn't go over well.

They're without a doubt real messican a though...hardly any English spoken, bars on the windows, west side....whole 9 yards.

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
And not even an onion or garlic? Amazing.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe too. Never have gotten around to making it though. The only salsa I have been making regularly is that simple arbol-tomatillo-garlic salsa that's really popular at breakfast taco joints.

Chief Brody
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
:lolWhat is Menudo (besides the band)?

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 09:56 PM
:lolWhat is Menudo (besides the band)?

It's a beef and chile soup that uses tripe and hominy. It's pretty fucking good when done correctly, but flat out awful if not. I personally prefer pozole though, which is similar but made with pork (hogs head, neckbones, and pig feet, but no tripe). They both take fucking forever to make.