PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Metta World Peace: "Dwight left because of Kobe"

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 10:49 AM
For someone who had professed ignorance all along about the situation, Metta World Peace sounded pretty insightful on why Dwight Howard left the Lakers and bolted for the Houston Rockets.“I always knew Dwight was going to Houston. Things weren’t clicking,” World Peace said recently at Universal Studios where he filmed a segment with the Hallmark Channel’s “Home and Family slated to air today at 10 a.m. “Once Kobe said he could come back for three years, I knew Dwight was going to Houston.”

Why did World Peace think that?
“It’s not clicking,” World Peace said. “Nothing’s clicking.”

But frustration floundered over various differences. Howard’s jovial personality clashed with Bryant’s demanding leadership style. Bryant believed Howard didn’t have a consistently strong mindset in playing through injuries and dominating on defense. Howard soured when Bryant’s high shot volume came at the expense of the him receiving the ball inside.
Did Bryant’s proclamation about extending his career convince Howard his hope to become the franchise’s player would become nothing more than a pipe dream?

“It’s not about being the guy,” World Peace said. “It’s about clicking. Dwight never wanted to be the guy. Dwight did have some flaws just like anybody. Everybody has flaws. But Dwight just wanted to be comfortable. He wasn’t comfortable [here]. But once that happened [with Bryant's comments], I knew Dwight wasn’t coming back. I knew he wasn’t going to come back.”
Does World Peace believe Howard made the right decision?

“He wants to win,” World Peace said. “With [James] Harden and those young boys, he has a chance to ride out the wave and wait for these old boys to get old. Right now, Houston has a good shot to win now. The Lakers are broken up and at some point in time, the young veterans will beat the old veterans. Our team needed to have chemistry right away. We should’ve because we’re all vets. It’s a shame that we didn’t.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/07/22/metta-world-peace-believes-kobe-bryants-want-to-extend-career-contributed-to-dwight-howards-departure/

http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Katherine Robinson
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
It is not news that Kobe Bryant was a major factor in Dwight's departure, it was destined to happen when pairing an overly dominant man with a class clown - they simply frustrate one another.

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
It is not news that Kobe Bryant was a major factor in Dwight's departure, it was destined to happen when pairing an overly dominant man (Dwight) with a class clown (Kobe) - they simply frustrate one another.I agree.

Katherine Robinson
07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I agree.

Either you've not followed how Kobe Bryant forced Dwight Howard into a Tyson Chandler role or you are once again attempting to contribute but coming short.

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Either you've not followed how Kobe Bryant forced Dwight Howard into a Tyson Chandler role or you are once again attempting to contribute but coming short.Exactly. Dwight wants to be the dominant force that HE SHOULD be. Kobe the clown said "I'm not hanging around to average 20 ppg. This is my team!" Dwight said "this is everyone's team." Do you admit that Kobe is a chemistry killer? Do you agree that Kobe just cares about Kobe Bryant? Will you?

Thread
07-22-2013, 11:09 AM
If he rings before he takes up the rocking chair he'll be right and I'll capitulate, and duly so.

If he doesn't I was right all along.

Katherine Robinson
07-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Exactly. Dwight wants to be the dominant force that HE SHOULD be. Kobe the clown said "I'm not hanging around to average 20 ppg. This is my team!" Dwight said "this is everyone's team." Do you admit that Kobe is a chemistry killer? Do you agree that Kobe just cares about Kobe Bryant? Will you?

I find it baffling that you are trying to defend a fecal stain by calling it a urine stain. It is clearly evident why the forum takes turns crusting your eyes shut with seminal fluid.

Clipper Nation
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Kirby ran him offPERIOD

Thread
07-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Kirby ran him offPERIOD

It's top 10 in his done right list. That pass to Artest is probably Number 2. Hiring that junkyard dog bitch as his mouthpiece is charter till the day he dies. She burned Eagle to the ground.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Metta World Peace: "Water is wet."

Metta World Peace: "3 + 2 = 5"

Metta World Peace: "Dogs bark, cats meow."

Thread
07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Metta World Peace: "Water is wet."

Metta World Peace: "3 + 2 = 5"

Metta World Peace: "Dogs bark, cats meow."

He put it back here and broke these fucks.
He put it in there and made Pierce a sorry liar.

Ron Artest

StrengthAndHonor
07-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Everybody knew Kobe's statement about coming back for a few more years was the real reason Dwight left and TBQH, Kobe never wanted Howard in L.A. Isn't that obvious when Kobe said that in the heat of Dwight's free agency period? Kobe knew it and he could've waited till Dwight signs with the Lakers first. But Kobe being Kobe had to let it out, let it be heard that the Lakers are his team and it will be that way for quite a while. Dwight, as dumb as he may be got the message.

Thread
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Everybody knew Kobe's statement about coming back for a few more years was the real reason Dwight left and TBQH, Kobe never wanted Howard in L.A. Isn't that obvious when Kobe said that in the heat of Dwight's free agency period? Kobe knew it and he could've waited till Dwight signs with the Lakers first. But Kobe being Kobe had to let it out, let it be heard that the Lakers are his team and it will be that way for quite a while. Dwight, as dumb as he may be got the message.

He's the one that slapped the old man and made him get up out of his rocker.
He's the one that slapped Pau and made him act like somebody.
He's the one that signed off Artest's resurrection, then confirmed it on 17 June 2010.
He's the one who hunted Daddy and ran him to ground in Los Angeles.

He's the one.

StrengthAndHonor
07-22-2013, 11:53 AM
He's the one that signed off Artest's resurrection, then confirmed it on 17 June 2010.

He's the one.

He's also the one that ran your next franchise player. Enjoy Kevin Love and Rondo you old geezer.

Clipper Nation
07-22-2013, 11:56 AM
It's top 10 in his done right list. That pass to Artest is probably Number 2. Hiring that junkyard dog bitch as his mouthpiece is charter till the day he dies. She burned Eagle to the ground.
You're gonna be wishing Kirby didn't run him offPERIOD when free agents refuse to sign on to be Kirby's next scapegoat, tbh....

lefty
07-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Kobe and his failed "leadership" :lol

Wants to act tough like MJ :lol

Thread
07-22-2013, 11:57 AM
He's also the one that ran your next franchise player. Enjoy Kevin Love and Rondo you old geezer.

He's been loitering the league for 9 years. Ain't got a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of. God willing and the creek don't rise, he'll follow Barkley in--end up on a TnT set with a ring bearer to his right with that look plastered on both their mugs.

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 11:58 AM

He's the one.
He's the one who snitched on Pau, leading to his fiancee breaking off the engagement, leading to the first SWEEP
He's the one who gave two people cancer (Rudy T, Phil)
He's the one who tried to run off Bynum before 4 and 5
He's the one whose achilles ruptured to save him the embarrassment from missing the playoffs

Thread
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobe and his failed "leadership"

He brought Gasol to it. He brought Artest to it.

You act like it's easy, Lefty, and after your abject lesson barely a month ago.

Thread
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
He's the one who snitched on Pau, leading to his fiancee breaking off the engagement, leading to the first SWEEP
He's the one who gave two people cancer (Rudy T, Phil)
He's the one who tried to run off Bynum before 4 and 5
He's the one whose achilles ruptured to save him the embarrassment from missing the playoffs

That's 6 talking.

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 12:02 PM
That's 6 talking.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57pwbn6Eh1r5lrobo1_500.gif

lefty
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
He brought Gasol to it. He brought Artest to it.

You act like it's easy, Lefty, and after your abject lesson barely a month ago.
Artest went to L.A because of his music production
Gasol, well he was part of a trade

Try again :lol

Thebesteva
07-22-2013, 12:18 PM
As usual, faggot OP is a faggot and CONVENIENTLY leaves out what the article is really about. Titled," World Peace says Kobe's desire to play longer influenced Dwight's Decision."

As Metta shared with Medina on the set of a Hallmark Channel series in Los Angeles:

“I always knew Dwight was going to Houston. Things weren’t clicking. Once Kobe said he could come back for three years, I knew Dwight was going to Houston.”

Bynumite
07-22-2013, 12:20 PM
That mental midget wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kobe but Kobe put glorified Tyson Chandler in his place tbh.

What Kobe did was a great service to the purple & gold and i commend him for that.

Kobe saved the Lakers from 5 years and 100+ mil on that clown tbh.

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I find it baffling that you are trying to defend a fecal stain by calling it a urine stain. It is clearly evident why the forum takes turns crusting your eyes shut with seminal fluid.Kobe is a selfish SOB. He tried talking shit to Durant & Westbrook during the Olympics.
…source says the Black Mamba talked relentless smack during the Olympics that the Thunder stars weren’t going back to the Finals after the Lakers acquired Steve Nash (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/417/steve-nash) and then added Dwight Howard (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard) right before the U.S. played Spain for the gold medal. Kobe also made a point of guarding Westbrook during practices and pumping him up, the theory being that he wanted to incite Russ to bump heads with KD over who the team’s best player is. (If you think that’s too conspiratorial to be real, you don’t know Kobe.) KD, in particular, got tired of hearing him. For what it’s worth: KD and Westbrook’s combined 69 points is the highest single-game total they’ve posted this season. http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/12/kevin-durant-and-russell-westbrook-were-reportedly-fed-up-with-kobe-bryants-trash-talk-during-the-olympics What happened to the Laker$ in 2013? The ref$ got them into the playoffs only to get smacked by the Spurs. Kobe's arrogance and selfish personality got DH12 "the supposed future franchise player" out of LA. Kobe just cares about Kobe Bryant. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Katherine Robinson
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Kobe is a selfish SOB. He tried talking shit to Durant & Westbrook during the Olympics. What happened to the Laker$ in 2013? The ref$ got them into the playoffs only to get smacked by the Spurs. Kobe's arrogance and selfish personality got DH12 "the supposed future franchise player" out of LA. Kobe just cares about Kobe Bryant. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Why are you trying to change the subject from your inability to understand the definition of a word to more Kobe Bryant smack? If you are attempting to strike a nerve, I hold no fervor for Bryant.

Thread
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Artest went to L.A because of his music production
Gasol, well he was part of a trade

Try again

Ok, Chief, I ain't gonna spar with you this morning.

lefty
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Ok, Chief, I ain't gonna spar with you this morning.
smart decision imo

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Bynumite (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6107013#post6107013)
First, Gasol is 32 and coming from a great olympic performance, you make it sound like he's 39. Second, you can't double team a starting five loaded with stars without paying the price. Nash is a huge offensive upgrade at the point, a veteran with playoff experience that can shoot and dish and is great in the clutch. Also, LAL's bench is legit now with some good shooters, no more white scrubs.

So you just expect to end up on the winning side against a Dwight/Gasol frontcourt combo, when miami struggled against Hibbert, the same Hibbert you say took miami to 7 :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bynumite
(http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6106941#post6106941)You're underestimating the level of consistency and effort Dwight brings to the table every game, that will be key during the playoffs.

Thread
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
smart decision imo

You ain't fit company. And haven't been since the Finals ended. & like you too much to abuse you.

lefty
07-22-2013, 12:46 PM
You ain't fit company. And haven't been since the Finals ended. & like you too much to abuse you.
thank you :cry

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Why are you trying to change the subject from your inability to understand the definition of a word to more Kobe Bryant smack? If you are attempting to strike a nerve, I hold no fervor for Bryant.Kobe Bryant is the most overrated and selfish player in NBA history. Can any Laker fan attest to that statement? Probably not. You will find so much peace should you ever accept the truth about Kobe.

Thread
07-22-2013, 12:53 PM
thank you :cry

In a strong way we're like a fraternity here, us, Mavs Fan, you fellows. It's difficult for me to stomp you now. I don't grudge my fellows their onions in this regard, and yes sometimes I partake as well, but, mostly I empathize your plight. It's unimaginable to have an NBA title only to have to give it back the next moment. I'm glad you didn't win, but, I don't enjoy you losing like that either. There is so much pain & sorrow and that's never a pleasant sight no matter the impetus.

Bynumite
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Grizzlies are in the Clippers rear view mirror

Clippers match up well with OKC and the Heat and could definitely win it all this season

:lmao

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 01:05 PM
That mental midget wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kobe but Kobe put glorified Tyson Chandler in his place tbh.

What Kobe did was a great service to the purple & gold and i commend him for that.

By damning them to 3 years and 95 mil for his own tired ass

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Keep Kobe's names out of it....dude left because Child Support payments are much more punitive in LA....he didn't give up 30 mil he saved 30 mil....Dwight has no desire to win titles he's all about paper and pussy...ain't nothing wrong with that if he wears a jimmy hat..

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2013, 01:13 PM
By damning them to 3 years and 95 mil for his own tired ass

The only one with a tired ass is literally Jimmy Duncan

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Keep Kobe's names out of it....dude left because Child Support payments are much more punitive in LA....he didn't give up 30 mil he saved 30 mil....Dwight has no desire to win titles he's all about paper and pussy...ain't nothing wrong with that if he wears a jimmy hat..Cynical and delusional. I'm sure there's plenty of more $$$ and pussy in Houston than LA. Very clever to trash the city of LA.

StrengthAndHonor
07-22-2013, 01:16 PM

That amount is better spent on Dwight than Melo.:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Cynical and delusional. I'm sure there's plenty of more $$$ and pussy in Houston than LA. Very clever to trash the city of LA.

James Harden's $20k hooker says Hi

Clipper Nation
07-22-2013, 01:37 PM

You're underestimating the level of consistency and effort Dwight brings to the table every game, that will be key during the playoffs.

ElNono
07-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Did Cancer unfriend Metta from Twitter? :lol

ambchang
07-22-2013, 02:03 PM
MWP forgot to mention that MWP left because of Kobe as well.

Josepatches_
07-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Kobe Bryant is the most overrated and selfish player in NBA history

Kobe was a great player but that's true too.

Thread
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
MWP forgot to mention that MWP left because of Kobe as well.

I see Amb. I hear 6.

Thread
07-22-2013, 02:31 PM
You're underestimating the level of consistency and effort Dwight brings to the table every game, that will be key during the playoffs.

So will the free throws, but, Media ain't talkin' about that subject now. They'll let us know when.

Let us proceed...

KaiRMD1
07-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Can anybody tell me any positive examples of Kobe's "leadership" skills?

Thread
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM

Artest pounding it up Pierce's ass 4th quarter 17 June 2010.

Thread
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Hunting Daddy & dragging Gasol behind as he went.

Thread
07-22-2013, 03:47 PM

Those 7 last second victories during the first 82 so when Artest pounded it up Pierce's ass in the last game he was standing in California.

Thread
07-22-2013, 03:49 PM

Granting Phil a hand down when Jackson came (tail tucked) back. Me? I'd a told him to back and fuck his mother some more, but, then I'd be short 2 now and not even typing this.

LkrFan
07-22-2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/07/22/metta-world-peace-believes-kobe-bryants-want-to-extend-career-contributed-to-dwight-howards-departure/

http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

puoruHE7aHk

What do you have to say for yourself? Getting your ass busted. Kobe had 42 at the half - he should have gone for over 9:lol on your bitchass, but PJ wouldn't let him do it.

:downspin:

DwayneSchintzius
07-22-2013, 04:18 PM
puoruHE7aHk

What do you have to say for yourself? Getting your ass busted. Kobe had 42 at the half - he should have gone for over 9:lol on your bitchass, but PJ wouldn't let him do it.

Phil Jackson would never let Kobe do that to MJ, he embarrassed him enough during his last visit to Staples.

Brazil
07-22-2013, 04:26 PM
So will the free throws, but, Media ain't talkin' about that subject now. They'll let us know when.

Let us proceed...

Still begging Giuseppe ?

HI-FI
07-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Hunting Daddy & dragging Gasol behind as he went.
Is that Latin for riding coat tails?

Phil Jackson and even Fisher deserve the most credit for creating that competitive culture. Keeping Kobe's cancer from spreading was not an easy task. Don't rewrite history Dale.

AchillesHeel
07-22-2013, 04:37 PM
puoruHE7aHk

MJ didn't even guard Kobe and he was on the bench most of the time, Kirby just pulled up for contested 3s on some scrub, just because MJ was on the opposing team (at 40 years old) doesn't mean he dropped 55 points on MJ. Prime MJ would have taken the task, old MJ was just on cruise control and collecting his checks.

Let's see how well Kirby does at 40 years old, he already had a potential career-ending injury at 34 and even before that he was TOSB status on defense, Wilson Chandler dropping 23 on his bum ass :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wR5Y8JGdM

Thread
07-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Is that Latin for riding coat tails?

No, that's:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

Thread
07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Still begging Giuseppe ?

I see Bra.

I hear 6.

AchillesHeel
07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
I see Bra.

I hear 6.

Beats being swept in the first round and losing your best player.

Thread
07-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Beats being swept in the first round and losing your best player.

& I'm potent.

Brazil
07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I see Bra.

I hear 6.

must be easier for you my good Giuseppe begging is now a second nature for lakers fans.

Thread
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
must be easier for you my good Giuseppe begging is now a second nature for lakers fans.

I'll cut you loose like I cut Lefty. You're much too wounded to abuse further.

Love,

- Pappy

Brazil
07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I'll cut you loose like I cut Lefty. You're much too wounded to abuse further.

Love,

- Pappy

You get it wrong Giuseppe I'm not wounded at all by 6. Your 6 has no impact on me while you confessed to have been wounded by the begging.

u try to deflect to forget your own burden sorry but I don't carry any burden.

KaiRMD1
07-22-2013, 05:46 PM
You all must understand, Thread is what I like to call a simple boy, he has no meager understanding of common concepts, he just likes to stick with his belief that Kobe is still the greatest of all time. The sad part is that Kobe never was. Dropping 55 points against Michael Jordan while he played for the Wizards is laughable example.

Leetonidas
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I hold no fervor for Bryant.

uh oh, katy girl gon get the backhand from ol' cubster for that proclamation

AaronY
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Lol, Kobe calling out anyone's defense with the way he basically DH'd this year..Guys got huge balls to say the least

Katherine Robinson
07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
uh oh, katy girl gon get the backhand from ol' cubster for that proclamation

Dale is not sure what to make of Kobe Bryant after he played the injury card.

YoMamaIsCallin
07-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Before you listen to anything MWP says: I repost this which I originally posted on May 28, 2010. (note this was before his name change)

---------------------------------------------------

Best Craig Sager Interview. Ever.

Happened tonight after the Lakers beat the Suns at the buzzer on a Ron Artest putback of a Kobe Bryant shot, after Ron-Ron almost blew the game by cranking up a very ill-advised 3-pointer.

(This was preceded by a Kobe interview where Kobe could not stop laughing and rolling his eyes every time Artest was mentioned.)

Craig Sager: (wearing pink jacket) What were you thinking when you put up that shot when you guys had a chance to run out the clock?

Ron Artest: Well, you know, just play basketball. I mean, there was a point in time when I shot 40% from the three! I gotta play, you know, and still try to get to the hole. I hit shots before, they just didn't fall today. That's the thing about the playoffs, you just keep playing, you never know when that big game gonna come. So I'm just gonna continue to play, see what happens.

Sager: That's the way you keep talking, about playing in the playgrounds. But here in the NBA, here's a 24 second clock. You could have run it out.

Artest: Well, you coulda ran it out, but you still gotta play basketball. I tried to break their back a little bit. That's why we play defense. You know, we still gotta play basketball. You oughta be able to play through all that. Everybody saying "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" You still gotta be able to focus.

Sager: How are you getting position for the winning basket after Kobe puts up that long 3?

Artest: I seen the shot. He got fouled. I knew it was gonna be an air ball so I just went after it. They played hard tonight. They was aggressive imitating us.

(I'm sure he meant "intimidating". At this point Artest got an even crazier look on his face, and launched into the following)

There had to be a point in time I use my body. It worked for me and it worked for me right there.

Sager: Unlikely hero...

Artest: (puts arm around Sager's shoulder and moves closer) Queensbridge in the building. Queensbridge in the house. Queensbridge already know.

Sager: (looks at Artest, baffled)

Artest: Say "Queensbridge". Say "Queensbridge".

Sager: (looking scared now) Queensbridge.

Artest: Yeah. (turns and strides away, big grin on his face)

Sager: Queensbridge. Where they don't play with a shot clock.

Thread
07-23-2013, 01:09 AM
You all must understand, Thread is what I like to call a simple boy, he has no meager understanding of common concepts, he just likes to stick with his belief that Kobe is still the greatest of all time.

I don't do "greatest of all time." I leave that to you children. I do rings. I was broken on that wheel.

KaiRMD1
07-23-2013, 03:38 AM
I was broken on that wheel.

Pardon?

Rogue
07-23-2013, 06:26 AM
It ain't the first time for Kobe to drive their best player out of town but unlike previous times, it is a good riddance this time.

StrengthAndHonor
07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Rogue that's disturbing

Thread
07-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Rogue (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14710) that's disturbing

Just because she's pigeon-toed? I watched her last night again in the "The Nanny Diaries." It's an adorable trait.

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIRv43HW0Y&list=UUjicDRtQRDZdgQzYAettQhg

dg7md
07-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Poor baby Dwight.

Rogue
07-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Rogue (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14710) that's disturbing
what's disturbing, the lovely pre-school girl in my sig?