PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson to OKC?..

spursnatic
07-22-2013, 09:53 PM
So they are reporting a possible sighting of Stephen in a Thunder Jersey next year..Does anyone see this happening?..And if so, does this hurt our chances getting back to the Finals?..

Budkin
07-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Who cares and no.

timtonymanu
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Source?

And no. The Thunder need a Harden replacement and Stephen Jackson is far from that.

spurraider21
07-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Jax and Ibaka in the same locker room :lol

Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That’s a promise. He doin 2 much

InRareForm
07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Fuck your rumor clown

DesignatedT
07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
dont care. jacks done.

RD2191
07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
So they are reporting a possible sighting of Stephen in a Thunder Jersey next year..Does anyone see this happening?..And if so, does this hurt our chances getting back to the Finals?..

Yes, Sjax will be the x factor in the wc playoffs.:lmao

td4mvp2k
07-22-2013, 10:08 PM
does this hurt our chances getting back to the Finals?..ya spurs r Fd!

TXstbobcat
07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
I think Jackson's last chance was with the spurs.

tmtcsc
07-22-2013, 10:35 PM
I think Jack's done in the NBA. Maybe he has a future in China.

MeloHype
07-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I think Jack's done in the NBA. Maybe he has a future in China.
Or in the rap game :lol

Rogue
07-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah can't wait to see his debut in China, hope he'll join the team based in my hometown so I can go to the gym and watch the "SJ" playing, :drool: albeit not that "SJ" I love to death :depressed

and agree, he's done in the NBA, not even sure if he can be the best player in the chinese league.

jestersmash
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
It helps our chances if SJax gets any playing time with a contender. He's horrendously inefficient from the field and he's a total loose cannon in the locker room.

Expect plenty of erratic, bull-dozing drives to the rim followed by exasperated facial expressions towards the ref when he doesn't get the call.

NickiRasgo
07-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Yes. He would give a flagrant foul on Manu, Green.

Sean Cagney
07-23-2013, 12:03 AM
It helps our chances if SJax gets any playing time with a contender. He's horrendously inefficient from the field and he's a total loose cannon in the locker room.

Expect plenty of erratic, bull-dozing drives to the rim followed by exasperated facial expressions towards the ref when he doesn't get the call.
Funny last year though in the playoffs he shot over 50%, 60% threes and 90% Fts at his old age. Not that bad. He had a bad uear this year though.

TXstbobcat
07-23-2013, 12:18 AM
He still thinks that he is a $10 million a year player. I don't think any team would even consider him for a minimum contract at this point.

Blackjack
07-23-2013, 12:24 AM

Harlem, officially a trendsetter?..

thunderup
07-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Fuuuck that!

spursnatic
07-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Or in the rap game :lolRap Game is weak Bro..He is better off playing B-Ball and hanging that Rap shit up

spursnatic
07-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Source?

And no. The Thunder need a Harden replacement and Stephen Jackson is far from that.
Oklahoma City whiffed in its attempt to land free agent shooter Dorell Wright, and the Thunder are regarded as one of the finalists for free agent Mike Miller. Could Stephen Jackson be another option for the Thunder?

Now, Jackson is 35, in the twilight of his NBA career and was last in the headlines for being released by San Antonio shortly before the start of the playoffs. None of which are positives. But, writes NBA.com's David Aldridge, he's also an affordable option that would potentially fill a huge void on this OKC roster.

"... It occurs to me that a team like Oklahoma City, which needs a perimeter player in the worst way after losing Kevin Martin (who was supposed to replace James Harden, after all), should really be looking at a vet like Steven Jackson," Aldridge writes today. "Isn't a guy like Jack, who's been in a million playoff games, and made a bunch of big playoff shots, exactly what a team like OKC could use when things get tough in the playoffs and defenses load up on Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook? And Jackson certainly knows this is not the year for him to break the bank financially. Better to sign a minimum tender with a contender like the Thunder and come back next summer in a much stronger negotiating position. Isn't that the definition of a 'win-win' for both the player and the team?"

ChumpDumper
07-23-2013, 06:36 AM
So this isn't even a rumor.

You got Sam Smithed.

exstatic
07-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Oklahoma City whiffed in its attempt to land free agent shooter Dorell Wright, and the Thunder are regarded as one of the finalists for free agent Mike Miller. Could Stephen Jackson be another option for the Thunder?

Now, Jackson is 35, in the twilight of his NBA career and was last in the headlines for being released by San Antonio shortly before the start of the playoffs. None of which are positives. But, writes NBA.com's David Aldridge, he's also an affordable option that would potentially fill a huge void on this OKC roster.

"... It occurs to me that a team like Oklahoma City, which needs a perimeter player in the worst way after losing Kevin Martin (who was supposed to replace James Harden, after all), should really be looking at a vet like Steven Jackson," Aldridge writes today. "Isn't a guy like Jack, who's been in a million playoff games, and made a bunch of big playoff shots, exactly what a team like OKC could use when things get tough in the playoffs and defenses load up on Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook? And Jackson certainly knows this is not the year for him to break the bank financially. Better to sign a minimum tender with a contender like the Thunder and come back next summer in a much stronger negotiating position. Isn't that the definition of a 'win-win' for both the player and the team?"

This all assumes that Jack is a rational adult, and not a Thorazine case.

davidbowie
07-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Who was if that said stak5 looked like the black grinch. I was always think about that now when his name comes up lol

davidbowie
07-23-2013, 07:37 AM
#mylifenotyours

Ice009
07-23-2013, 10:02 AM
As bad as SJax was in the regular season, I think he would have stepped up in the playoffs and his numbers would have been much better. He's pretty much shown throughout his career that he is a playoff performer.

hater
07-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say Jax would have not had 8 turnovers in a Finals game for us

Kidd K
07-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Nothing to worry about. Jackson was awful the past 2-3 years. He was basically the worst player on the team statistically. Talent-wise he wasn't, but the guy is a coaster who doesn't give a shit anymore. What does talent matter then?

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2013, 10:30 AM
As bad as SJax was in the regular season, I think he would have stepped up in the playoffs and his numbers would have been much better. He's pretty much shown throughout his career that he is a playoff performer.Agree. SJX has proven every year in the league that he is a clutch performer come playoff time. He reminds me a lot of Robert Horry.
I'm just gonna go ahead and say Jax would have not had 8 turnovers in a Finals game for usBingo.

xmas1997
07-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Agree. SJX has proven every year in the league that he is a clutch performer come playoff time. He reminds me a lot of Robert Horry. Bingo.

:rollin Give me a break, that is way too funny!:lmao

ChumpDumper
07-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Ah, the new Finals victory retcon angle is here.

cd98
07-23-2013, 10:56 AM
David Alderage doing his best to get Stephen Jackson a job.

rascal
07-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Jackson is finished.

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
:rollin Give me a break, that is way too funny!:lmao
I have blind faith in the FO. I'm satisfied with 4 championships. Who am I to question them? If they say that SJX sucks then I'll buy it. I follow along like a little sheep. I let my blind homerism cloud my judgment. I am proud of being a Spurs homer. GSG!

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/kobe_bryan_lol_gif.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6hepN6L84

ChumpDumper
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I have blind faith in the FO. I'm satisfied with 4 championships. Who am I to question them? If they say that SJX sucks then I'll buy it. I follow along like a little sheep. I let my blind homerism cloud my judgment. I am proud of being a Spurs homer. GSG! They never said Jack sucks.

He just sucked.

xmas1997
07-23-2013, 01:41 PM
They never said Jack sucks.

He just sucked.

I have blind faith in the FO. I'm satisfied with 4 championships. Who am I to question them? If they say that SJX sucks then I'll buy it. I follow along like a little sheep. I let my blind homerism cloud my judgment. I am proud of being a Spurs homer. GSG! I am an idiot, a total idiot, so do not believe anything I post after this.

As anyone can see from the post above, those were your words great yacth, not mine. Anyone can copy and paste!
I agree with Chump.

SenorSpur
07-23-2013, 04:43 PM
I stand by earlier prediction - Jackson will never play another minute in the NBA again.

KaiRMD1
07-23-2013, 08:33 PM
I wonder if Stephen Jackson will believe he is better than Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook & Serge Ibaka? The true question is can that ol' sport handle both Westbrook & Jackson's ego.

TXstbobcat
07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
The spurs gave him his last shot. He's done.

Budkin
07-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Pretty sure he's done.

Axegrinder
07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Hope he does..and sucks

Marrow
07-24-2013, 01:22 AM
good news for the other 29 teams...thunder will implode imo

jax has nothing left to give