PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Farina RIP

HI-FI
07-23-2013, 03:06 AM
1944-2013

damn, I didn't expect to see this. Guy was a great character actor. Anyone who works with Michael Mann a bunch and is part of the masterpiece Midnight Run deserves my respect. Rest in peace.

Avante
07-23-2013, 03:12 AM
1944-2013

damn, I didn't expect to see this. Guy was a great character actor. Anyone who works with Michael Mann a bunch and is part of the masterpiece Midnight Run deserves my respect. Rest in peace.

Co-sign

Chief Brody
07-23-2013, 03:14 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2622582/pour-one-out-o.gif

Manhunter is/was one of my alltime faves

CubanSucks
07-23-2013, 04:36 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220205

HI-FI
07-23-2013, 06:31 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2622582/pour-one-out-o.gif

Manhunter is/was one of my alltime faves
that was what got me into Mann, (well other than Vice etc....). But I remember getting into Manhunter around junior high, rewinding that finale over and over. I still love that movie, just perfect atmosphere. Atmosphere is probably my favorite element of a movie, too bad most modern movies suck at it. Red Dragon was such typical Ratner shit. Brody DD whatever troll you are using, they got the Manhunter soundtrack on youtube, you should check it out.

Farina will be missed, but I didn't realize his death was covered in another thread.

Chief Brody
07-23-2013, 06:36 PM
that was what got me into Mann, (well other than Vice etc....). But I remember getting into Manhunter around junior high, rewinding that finale over and over. I still love that movie, just perfect atmosphere. Atmosphere is probably my favorite element of a movie, too bad most modern movies suck at it. Red Dragon was such typical Ratner shit. Brody DD whatever troll you are using, they got the Manhunter soundtrack on youtube, you should check it out.

Farina will be missed, but I didn't realize his death was covered in another thread.
:lolI've had that soundtrack saved on Spotify for a couple months now. The ending scene w/ Iron Butterfly playing is perfect. Noonan was a much scarier Tooth Fairy than Fiennes, imo

HI-FI
07-23-2013, 07:02 PM
:lolI've had that soundtrack saved on Spotify for a couple months now. The ending scene w/ Iron Butterfly playing is perfect. Noonan was a much scarier Tooth Fairy than Fiennes, imo
Fiennes is a great actor but he didn't work for me in that movie. shit Red Dragon was so lifeless, like everything Ratner gets his grubby hands on, it's paint by numbers imo. Edward Norton is a good actor but he also was miscast, he couldn't capture the swag of William fucking Peterson in that movie. Noonan was terrifying as shit, he really seemed like a lonely dude with sick ass delusions of grandeur. Brian Cox was also so subtle and creepy in it. and to the point of the thread, Farina was money per par.

fuck...i just went on youtube and a lot of those Manhunter songs were taken off. lol, they were up there for a long ass time. fortunately I downloaded a couple, but hopefully someone posts some more. I've never heard of spotify, i'll probably go check it out now if I can't find those songs.

SA210
07-23-2013, 07:49 PM
RIP. He was great. :depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MSg8CyvEM

SA210
07-23-2013, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RHBOfM9CFQ

Chief Brody
07-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Fiennes is a great actor but he didn't work for me in that movie. shit Red Dragon was so lifeless, like everything Ratner gets his grubby hands on, it's paint by numbers imo. Edward Norton is a good actor but he also was miscast, he couldn't capture the swag of William fucking Peterson in that movie. Noonan was terrifying as shit, he really seemed like a lonely dude with sick ass delusions of grandeur. Brian Cox was also so subtle and creepy in it. and to the point of the thread, Farina was money per par.

fuck...i just went on youtube and a lot of those Manhunter songs were taken off. lol, they were up there for a long ass time. fortunately I downloaded a couple, but hopefully someone posts some more. I've never heard of spotify, i'll probably go check it out now if I can't find those songs.

Yeah, you need to be online for spotify, but as long as you are you can save streamed playlists. 4 best songs from that sdtk:

The Prime Movers - Strong As I Am
Shriekback - This Big Hush (my fav tbh)
Red 7 - Heartbeat
Iron Butterfly - Inagaddadavida

HI-FI
07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah, you need to be online for spotify, but as long as you are you can save streamed playlists. 4 best songs from that sdtk:

The Prime Movers - Strong As I Am
Shriekback - This Big Hush (my fav tbh)
Red 7 - Heartbeat
Iron Butterfly - Inagaddadavida
good choices. different from mine
1)Evaporation-Shriekback
2)Coelacanth-Shriekback
3)Graham's Theme-Michael Rubini
4)Inagaddadavida

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:46 AM
1944-2013

Damn rights, HI. A very underrated motion picture. I love how his attorney begs him not to go to the Airport, but, Farina's character is heavily vested and personally so. Makes perfect sense. & DeNiro (actor) is wise enough to allow Farina (his character) the dominant stance, the public and stark advantage implied and shown throughout until he (Farina character) is busted and thrown against the counter and it all goes to shit in an instant like a truck tire going completely flat. It's an incredible sequence driven by the talent of Farina (actor) as DeNiro (actor and character) backs away and lets him succeed. And even though we're against Farina (character) there, it's difficult to bear witness his ruination, it's difficult to look. That's film. That's talent.

GD, HI with the grand prompt.

HI-FI
07-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Damn rights, HI. A very underrated motion picture. I love how his attorney begs him not to go to the Airport, but, Farina's character is heavily vested and personally so. Makes perfect sense. & DeNiro (actor) is wise enough to allow Farina (his character) the dominant stance, the public and stark advantage implied and shown throughout until he (Farina character) is busted and thrown against the counter and it all goes to shit in an instant like a truck tire going completely flat. It's an incredible sequence driven by the talent of Farina (actor) as DeNiro (actor and character) backs away and lets him succeed. And even though we're against Farina (character) there, it's difficult to bear witness his ruination, it's difficult to look. That's film. That's talent.

GD, HI with the grand prompt.

I think it's Farina's best overall work, he's ruthless and hilarious in that movie. I don't think there is a false note throughout that movie, especially in terms of the cast. Marty Brest made a genius decision to cast Charles Grodin over Robin Williams. It's also one of Danny Elfman's most soulful and moving soundtracks.

Jacob1983
07-24-2013, 02:27 AM
RIP Cousin Avi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNlqcQLJ5mM

mojorizen7
07-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Ya'll have posted his best stuff already. I liked his very small role in Saving Private Ryan too when he gives Hanks the assignment.
Good actors can take 5 lines of dialogue and really make it work.

R.I.P Farina

I. Hustle
07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lop2scYSIP1qm19yoo1_500.jpg

Jacob1983
07-25-2013, 12:14 AM
"Shut up and sit down, you big, bald fuck".