PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: The Delusion of Game Six and the Mass Exodus of the Lakers Fanbase

DMC
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
The mantra around here appears to have something to do with game six of the NBA Finals as if that was Waterloo for the Spurs, and one old nicotine stained set of fingers in Phoenix seems to dwell on it and no doubt their owner hopes dearly that no one ever points out the truth of that moment in time.

The truth about game six is that it was never won by the Spurs. It's always an illusion to think you won a game before the buzzer sounds. If anyone knows that it's the Spurs. They dropped 16 on the Warriors in just a few minutes in a crucial game just a series and a half earlier.

The game wasn't won or lost in regulation. It was lost in overtime. The series wasn't lost in game six, as there was still another game to play.

The Spurs were never good enough to beat Miami. Miami played down to their ploys long enough to give everyone, even their own employees, the thought that Miami met their match but this is reality and Miami is a corporately constructed monster of a team that reeled off 27 straight in the regular season.

Could San Antonio have won? Sure, they could have. They could have won last year too if they played better, defended better, made more plays, made more shots. etc... It's always the case with a perennial playoff team that they can take the ring if all the cards fall for them as they did in the West for SA this season. There's still the little problem of beating the defending champs, and you have to knock out a defending champ, you cannot expect them to go quietly if they make it back to the Finals.

If anyone really wanted to retrospectively assess the Finals, you'd be more correct and honest to say the Spurs stole a game in Miami and had to win the next three to get the ring. Expecting the Spurs to win two games in Miami against the defending champs is asking for a fairytale ending, and no it didn't almost happen. The Spurs weren't ahead when the fourth quarter buzzer sounded nor when the final buzzer sounded. Based on regular season and historical evidence, that's saying they weren't ever "winning". Being ahead and winning are two different things, and only a neophyte or a child would think otherwise.

So the nobody Spurs took the defending champ Miami Heat to 7 games and scared the shit out of them. I don't see any shame in that. What's shameful is begging someone to stay who clearly doesn't want to contribute, and pretending you didn't want him anyhow when he leaves.

The Lakers have become the Donatella Versace of the NBA; so much wealth with not an inkling of composure because they've been cut and stitched up so many times trying to squeeze just a bit more use out of Kobe Bryant that they've lost sight of just how freakishly vain and stupid they look to the outside world as they continue to pour millions into a face with no real foundation. They are laughed at by anyone not associated with them because they imploded from the incessant desire to retain vain glory which in turn brought them Fredo "Pringles" Corleone, Bible Kemp, Child Support dodger and subsequently to their knees. They no longer resemble the LA Lakers that attracted so many bandwagon fans like Dale Robinson and their putrid stench has left that ilk digging for respite from the unbearable truth by dreaming up silly little things like game six of the NBA Finals in a season where their 130m dollar Dwightmare was swept out like the Washington Wizards. Every team in California that made the playoffs won at least one game... except the Lakers.

http://www.babewalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/donatella-versace-04.jpeg

Never fear though, you have Kaman now. You can get back to your 2006 level of feeling like you're up and coming.

ElNono
07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
why don't you just make it official and come back? Good read, tbh

irishock
07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
The Spurs had a fuckin' -370 line or something with 28 seconds left.

ezau
07-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I'd still take that loss than cheer for a team that got skunked, tbh. Getting skunked means giving up, not trying, quitting. Getting skunked means you have no business playing against your opponent.

Thread
07-23-2013, 10:43 PM
The mantra around here appears to have something to do with game six of the NBA Finals as if that was Waterloo for the Spurs, and one old nicotine stained set of fingers in Phoenix seems to dwell on it and no doubt their owner hopes dearly that no one ever points out the truth of that moment in time.

The truth about game six is that it was never won by the Spurs. It's always an illusion to think you won a game before the buzzer sounds. If anyone knows that it's the Spurs. They dropped 16 on the Warriors in just a few minutes in a crucial game just a series and a half earlier.

The game wasn't won or lost in regulation. It was lost in overtime. The series wasn't lost in game six, as there was still another game to play.

The Spurs were never good enough to beat Miami. Miami played down to their ploys long enough to give everyone, even their own employees, the thought that Miami met their match but this is reality and Miami is a corporately constructed monster of a team that reeled off 27 straight in the regular season.

Could San Antonio have won? Sure, they could have. They could have won last year too if they played better, defended better, made more plays, made more shots. etc... It's always the case with a perennial playoff team that they can take the ring if all the cards fall for them as they did in the West for SA this season. There's still the little problem of beating the defending champs, and you have to knock out a defending champ, you cannot expect them to go quietly if they make it back to the Finals.

If anyone really wanted to retrospectively assess the Finals, you'd be more correct and honest to say the Spurs stole a game in Miami and had to win the next three to get the ring. Expecting the Spurs to win two games in Miami against the defending champs is asking for a fairytale ending, and no it didn't almost happen. The Spurs weren't ahead when the fourth quarter buzzer sounded nor when the final buzzer sounded. Based on regular season and historical evidence, that's saying they weren't ever "winning". Being ahead and winning are two different things, and only a neophyte or a child would think otherwise.

So the nobody Spurs took the defending champ Miami Heat to 7 games and scared the shit out of them. I don't see any shame in that. What's shameful is begging someone to stay who clearly doesn't want to contribute, and pretending you didn't want him anyhow when he leaves.

The Lakers have become the Donatella Versace of the NBA; so much wealth with not an inkling of composure because they've been cut and stitched up so many times trying to squeeze just a bit more use out of Kobe Bryant that they've lost sight of just how freakishly vain and stupid they look to the outside world as they continue to pour millions into a face with no real foundation. They are laughed at by anyone not associated with them because they imploded from the incessant desire to retain vain glory which in turn brought them Fredo "Pringles" Corleone, Bible Kemp, Child Support dodger and subsequently to their knees. They no longer resemble the LA Lakers that attracted so many bandwagon fans like Dale Robinson and their putrid stench has left that ilk digging for respite from the unbearable truth by dreaming up silly little things like game six of the NBA Finals in a season where their 130m dollar Dwightmare was swept out like the Washington Wizards. Every team in California that made the playoffs won at least one game... except the Lakers.

Never fear though, you have Kaman now. You can get back to your 2006 level of feeling like you're up and coming.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

It'll never end.

Kool Bob Love
07-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I'd still take that loss than cheer for a team that got skunked, tbh. Getting skunked means giving up, not trying, quitting. Getting skunked means you have no business playing against your opponent.

sig worthy tbh

Thread
07-23-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd still take that loss than cheer for a team that got skunked, tbh.

I'll just bet you would.

ezau
07-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I'll just bet you would.

Did you smell the skunk when the Lakers got swept?

irishock
07-23-2013, 10:59 PM
It'll never end.

The Spurs window hasn't closed and are still the favourites to win the West next year, so that's a little premature don't ya think?

ezau
07-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I smell skunk

HI-FI
07-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Good to see DMC still around, even if it's now as an Obi Wan ghost. dude still shitting on the Lakers. There is a 2006 vibe going around, you gotta wonder if Silver will be forced to make another game changing trade to bail the Lakers out again. Maybe the other owners will finally put an end to that shit.

good call on that Warriors come back game, we had no business winning that but it's never over til it's over.

Leon Black
07-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Spurs choked harder than your wife did on my dick.

Kool Bob Love
07-23-2013, 11:40 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eTVnGrEQzjg/URk1s4LV79I/AAAAAAAAesc/SLm98xl1e0w/s640/2qa214m.gif

Thread
07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
The Spurs window hasn't closed and are still the favourites to win the West next year, so that's a little premature don't ya think?

Don't be purposely obtuse. Otherwise I'll cast you down with the sodomites led by head sodomite Tim Duncan.

Savvy?

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Did you smell the skunk when the Lakers got swept?

Was Zimmerman found not guilty?

da_suns_fan
07-24-2013, 12:13 AM
The Spurs choked.

It was epic. It was worse than the Mavs in 06. Worse than Blazers in 2000. I still cant believe they blew that game.

TheGreatYacht
07-24-2013, 12:15 AM
The Spurs choked.

It was epic. It was worse than the Mavs in 06. Worse than Blazers in 2000. I still cant believe they blew that game.So true. 28 FUCKING SECONDS UP BY 5 POINTS ONLY FOR SENILE POP AND CRIPPLED MANU TO RUIN IT ALL!

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:23 AM
The Spurs choked.

It was epic. It was worse than the Mavs in 06. Worse than Blazers in 2000. I still cant believe they blew that game.

Yep. I still have to pinch Girl every time I get a chance just to make sure I'm awake.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 12:39 AM
It is denial to say that not clinching a championship game when up by 5 and 28s to go is not choking. It is even greater denial to say the Spurs were not capable of winning the series. Hindsight is a good megaphone to speak out of when you are at a loss for words, but it is only heard by those whom take the loss to heart.

The Lakers will throw their money around and become a running joke after every title era, but no amount of failure deters that team because they are loved by every outlet. Few remember the sheer amount of failure between the 16 titles and it will always remain that way because the Lakers are in Los Angeles where all the feces in the world can be covered up by enough makeup.

We will always be reminded of Ray Allen's 3, not because it was such an amazing game winner, but it saved the media baby of the now. The cost of Lebron missing a game tying shot will be instead be paid by those who care about the Spurs.

Over, and over, again.

AchillesHeel
07-24-2013, 12:40 AM

Wife? this forum is for gays only, gtfo straight guy

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:43 AM
It is denial to say that not clinching a championship game when up by 5 and 28s to go is not choking. It is even greater denial to say the Spurs were not capable of winning the series. Hindsight is a good megaphone to speak out of when you are at a loss for words, but it is only heard by those whom take the loss to heart.

The Lakers will throw their money around and become a running joke after every title era, but no amount of failure deters that team because they are loved by every outlet. Few remember the sheer amount of failure between the 16 titles and it will always remain that way because the Lakers are in Los Angeles where all the feces in the world can be covered up by enough makeup.

We will always be reminded of Ray Allen's 3, not because it was such an amazing game winner, but it saved the media baby of the now. The cost of Lebron missing a game tying shot will be instead be paid by those who care about the Spurs.

Over, and over, again.

That's Cuban pissin' on his stake talkin', woman. "Make me turkey pot pie!"

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 12:44 AM
That's Cuban pissin' on his stake talkin', woman. "Make me turkey pot pie!"

Not now, Dale, go back to your 2001 NBA playoff Betamax tapes.

Juggity
07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
The Spurs choked.

Nah, Lebron and Ray Allen just made the shots they were supposed to make.

They pressure was on, and they delivered.

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Not now, Dale, go back to your 2001 NBA playoff Betamax tapes.

That's still an empty belly talkin'. You didn't get enough. You thought you did. But, you didn't. Uh, uh.

TheGreatYacht
07-24-2013, 12:51 AM

Over, and over, again.I hate to agree smh.

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Nah, Lebron and Ray Allen just made the shots they were supposed to make.

They pressure was on, and they delivered.

& I'm potent.

Juggs, c'mon, come clean. We're all men of distinction here, Brasky excluded. Break down, let the tears come, kick the shit out of that ottoman, beat the dog, fuck the wife, vice versa. But, don't put up a wall.

- Pap

lakerhaterade
07-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Katherine Robinson been ethering niggars lately; wearing those pants with a tight belt imo

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Katherine Robinson (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31573) been ethering niggars lately; wearing those pants with a tight belt imo

That's 6 talkin'.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 12:57 AM
That's still an empty belly talkin'. You didn't get enough. You thought you did. But, you didn't. Uh, uh.

MAKE YOUR OWN SANDWICH YOU PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOUR DUMB ASS STOPPED THROWING THE FOOD I MAKE FOR YOU AT THE TV WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

you fuck, you.

lakerhaterade
07-24-2013, 12:58 AM
That's 6 talkin'.
Your wife's a beast, Dale.

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Your wife's a beast, Dale.

But, she didn't miss 2 layups and cost me an NBA World Title. Stick that in your smoke and pipe it.

Thread
07-24-2013, 12:59 AM
MAKE YOUR OWN SANDWICH YOU PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOUR DUMB ASS STOPPED THROWING THE FOOD I MAKE FOR YOU AT THE TV WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

you fuck, you.

I see you, but, I hear a stream of Cuban's piss hitting his stake.

lakerhaterade
07-24-2013, 01:01 AM
But, she didn't miss 2 layups and cost me an NBA World Title. Stick that in your smoke and pipe it.
She beats you to a pulp, I bet. Look at you shiver.

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:02 AM
She beats you to a pulp, I bet. Look at you shiver.

As long as you didn't hold at 5, it's all shaved pussy.

lakerhaterade
07-24-2013, 01:04 AM
As long as you didn't hold at 5, it's all shaved pussy.
You're so calm and collected but deep down katy girl owns you. Pussy owns you.

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:05 AM
You're so calm and collected but deep down katy girl owns you. Pussy owns you.

But, you didn't hold fast at 5, and I came a runnin'.

ha, ha.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 01:06 AM
I see you, but, I hear a stream of Cuban's piss hitting his stake.

I hear you, but, I see your aim has not improved since the last trip you made to the bathroom.

lakerhaterade
07-24-2013, 01:07 AM
But, you didn't hold fast at 5, and I came a runnin'.

ha, ha.
Like a true chickenshit.

HI-FI
07-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Don't be purposely obtuse. Otherwise I'll cast you down with the sodomites led by head sodomite Tim Duncan.

Savvy?
^You've nary room. Your Magic & son were buttfucked as well.

HI-FI
07-24-2013, 01:23 AM

Over, and over, again.
you're a smart and brave woman. Had the Lakers suffered 6, what would've happened to Dale's pacemaker, or better yet, what would've happened to your jawline?

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Like a true chickenshit.

Next time, motherfucker, finish it.

Just like that.

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:29 AM
you're a smart and brave woman. Had the Lakers suffered 6, what would've happened to Dale's pacemaker, or better yet, what would've happened to your jawline?

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:30 AM
^You've nary room.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

lefty
07-24-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
The trend setting

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 01:54 AM

I had packed my bags at 28 seconds and started leaving from the back door. I heard Ray Allen swish the 3, I doubled back home and began making a patty melt for Dale's celebration lunch.

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:56 AM
I had packed my bags at 28 seconds and started leaving from the back door. I heard Ray Allen swish the 3, I doubled back home and began making a patty melt for Dale's celebration lunch.

I see you, but, I still hear Cuban pissing on his stake.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 01:58 AM
I see you, but, I still hear Cuban pissing on his stake.

I hear you, but I see your aim has not improved since the last time you went to the bathroom.

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:59 AM
I hear you, but I see your aim has not improved since the last time you went to the bathroom.

Nope. Still see you, but, hear Cuban pissing on his stake.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Nope. Still see you, but, hear Cuban pissing on his stake.

No dice, Dale. You're at the range with a scatter gun and a mile far target.

Thread
07-24-2013, 02:12 AM
No dice, Dale. You're at the range with a scatter gun and a mile far target.

No. I still see you and hear Cuban pissing all over Tyson and his stake. Yep, that's it.

AchillesHeel
07-24-2013, 02:47 AM
This thread is turning gay

http://i.imgur.com/g9NRe2x.gif

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 10:41 AM
No. I still see you and hear Cuban pissing all over Tyson and his stake. Yep, that's it.

You're 0&4, sweetcheeks and about to be 0&5.

Juggity
07-24-2013, 10:50 AM
& I'm potent.

Juggs, c'mon, come clean. We're all men of distinction here, Brasky excluded. Break down, let the tears come, kick the shit out of that ottoman, beat the dog, fuck the wife, vice versa. But, don't put up a wall.

- Pap

I bow to James's supremacy. He seen his opportunities an' he took em.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
The Spurs choked.

Tough loss, but not a bigger choke than being up 15 in Game 3 which would have most likely ended the series.

The Mavs had several opportunities to regain the series lead in '06 but failed time after time.

Leetonidas
07-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Sorry bro, I just don't agree with that. The Spurs were good enough, they were a better TEAM, and they had the series won but victory was snatched from them. As much as I want to agree with you that is what my heart tells me, there is no other way to spin it. The Spurs had it and gave it away. That is it and that is all. Ray Allen stepped on the line and traveled before that shot. Victory was taken from us. The Spurs make their free throws and they win, there is no doubt. Because of that, the Spurs gave the game away. The Heat deserve credit but when the chips were all on the table the Spurs blinked and that's all the Heat needed to call their bluff.

You can say they weren't good enough to ever beat Miami, but the reality is they were waiting on the sides to hand the O'Brien over to Timmy along with his 4th Finals MVP and LeBron/Allen didn't let that happen

Leetonidas
07-24-2013, 10:58 AM
This thread is turning gay

http://i.imgur.com/g9NRe2x.gif

:tu

Thread
07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
You're 0&4, sweetcheeks and about to be 0&5.

No. I still hear Cuban pissing over Tyson and his stake. Absolutely.

Thread
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
The Spurs were good enough, they were a better TEAM, and they had the series won but victory was snatched from them. As much as I want to agree with you that is what my heart tells me, there is no other way to spin it. The Spurs had it and gave it away. That is it and that is all

PERIOD

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 11:27 AM
No. I still hear Cuban pissing over Tyson and his stake. Absolutely.

You're swinging for a run when all you need is a bunt, sweety.

Thread
07-24-2013, 11:32 AM
You're swinging for a run when all you need is a bunt, sweety.

Everybody's got to pay. No free rides.

Let us proceed...

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Everybody's got to pay. No free rides.

Let us proceed...

One day, Dale. For now, you've billed me the incorrect amount.

Let us proceed...

Thread
07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Let us proceed...

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Katherine Robinson
07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

I own half of what you trend by decree of the state of Ohio.

ezau
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Was Zimmerman found not guilty?

Did the Lakers get swept? Yes or no?

SpursDynasty
07-24-2013, 09:51 PM

A 20 paragraph post to try and tell the forum that the Spurs were a fluke this year and "nobodies"... Anyone can pretend like they knew the Spurs were going to lose the series, after the series is already over. The Spurs shut down Miami through the majority of the series before giving it away at the end. Nice try though. I'm sure no one read your full post due to its length and due to it being BS. I didn't know a core team that reaches the Finals together 4 times while having the highest winning percentage in all pro sports during the same span makes a team nobodies.

The Spurs didn't win, we all know that. But to say they weren't good enough to win the series and were just "nobodies" who took Miami to 7, makes your post BS.

Rogue
07-25-2013, 12:20 AM

Every post DMC has made since 6 is worth a pound of gold imho, but still

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/didnt-read.gif