PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: "Less pressure on D'antoni next year" says a source

Michael Jordan.
07-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Several times last season, D’Antoni paraphrased Winston Churchill in describing his approach to the Lakers’ ups and downs, “When you’re going through hell, you put your head down and keep going, and that’s what we’re going to do.”
The pressure of a $100 million payroll that was built to be a contender and was struggling just to play .500 ball was persistent and intense. The Lakers are hoping that [Dwight Howard (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard)]’s departure will perhaps act as a sort of pressure release valve heading into the upcoming season.
“Expectations should be lower and I think that will ease the pressure on him,” said a source familiar with the Lakers front office’s thinking."

“I think every year's fun,” D’Antoni recently told Fox Sports when asked how grateful he was to have a traditional offseason to prepare his team. “Coaching's fun, so I'm not complaining the other way, but this is a lot better. Some of the best times are training camp and getting your ideas in how you'd like them.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36928/mike-dantoni-and-the-expectations-game

Thread
07-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Several times last season, D’Antoni paraphrased Winston Churchill in describing his approach to the Lakers’ ups and downs, “When you’re going through hell, you put your head down and keep going, and that’s what we’re going to do.”
The pressure of a $100 million payroll that was built to be a contender and was struggling just to play .500 ball was persistent and intense. The Lakers are hoping that [Dwight Howard (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard)]’s departure will perhaps act as a sort of pressure release valve heading into the upcoming season.
“Expectations should be lower and I think that will ease the pressure on him,” said a source familiar with the Lakers front office’s thinking."

“I think every year's fun,” D’Antoni recently told Fox Sports when asked how grateful he was to have a traditional offseason to prepare his team. “Coaching's fun, so I'm not complaining the other way, but this is a lot better. Some of the best times are training camp and getting your ideas in how you'd like them.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36928/mike-dantoni-and-the-expectations-game

He's in the burlap sack with Carlisle in Dallas, Riley in Miami and Pop in San Antonio standing outside. Rivers has one foot in the sack and the other out. Everybody else is in the burlap sack.

Spur-Addict
07-24-2013, 02:00 PM
How long before he quits like he did to the Knicks?

Thread
07-24-2013, 02:24 PM
^A long, long time I'm hopin'.

Buddy Mignon
07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Mike is just warming the bench for PJ to come back in 2014.

phoenix219
07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
How long before he quits like he did to the Knicks?

When did he ever quit on the Knicks? The first couple years when he was fixing the Dolan/Thomas mistakes and clearing cap space for the ill fated run at Lebron? The year he had Amare playing like an MVP with a young, growing, fun team, until Dolan blew it up on him and gave away half his team for a cancer? When Melo was sabotaging the team while MDA was turning Lin into a team playing basketball sensation?

Spur-Addict
07-24-2013, 06:23 PM
When did he ever quit on the Knicks? The first couple years when he was fixing the Dolan/Thomas mistakes and clearing cap space for the ill fated run at Lebron? The year he had Amare playing like an MVP with a young, growing, fun team, until Dolan blew it up on him and gave away half his team for a cancer? When Melo was sabotaging the team while MDA was turning Lin into a team playing basketball sensation?

If that's your view on it, then that's just your view. Everyone in the English speaking world knows he quit on the Knicks, aside from a Suns fan who lets _'Antoni go balls deep in him because of a seven seconds or less offense that never yielded any substantial results. What we do know is he had two losing seasons in his first two years, then got swept in the playoffs the next year. Which then followed with The Quitting after going less than .500 through half the season in his fourth year.

His defense coordinator takes over and wins the division in the first time in what, twenty years? LOL

phoenix219
07-24-2013, 08:03 PM
It was the team that quit, not D'Antoni. Melo sabotaged the team until D'A was gone and then turned it on under Woodson. The next year the team was healthier and picked up a deeper bench (like having an actual PG, which D'A didn't have until he found Lin.)

Spur-Addict
07-24-2013, 08:18 PM
We're talking about the coach, and he quit. It doesn't matter what the team may or may have not done. He is a quitter, and wanted out, and he got out. He didn't fulfill his contract, because he is a, QUITTER.

phoenix219
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
You actually believe he literally quit the Knicks, and wasn't pushed out the door, with the writing on the wall, written in blood? He wasn't going to be renewed the next year, the Knicks were moving on regardless. One of those "mutual" decisions, when you know in reality he was just fired.