PDA

View Full Version : Can we just ban obvious trolls?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Someone has an opinion, I get it. Free speech, and everyone is entitled to one.. there's no wrong answer. But come on. Look how obvious of a troll job this is.

SMH @ failed attempt by the OP to deflect Manu's crappy performance. The nice cherry-picking of stats further proves my theory of blind homerism.
Manu Ginobili Finals Game 6 , he had 9 Pts and 8 turnovers.
A career-high eight turnovers.

This thread is about records set during the finals that include not just Manu, but Tim, Tony, Green, etc.
Notice how he gets mad at the "cherry picking", calling them "homers", yet proceeds to cherry pick himself and focus his opinion on one game. Wouldn't that make him the homer then?

Look. I'm just tired of going on my news feed and new topics seeing the same shit from the same hater who really doesn't strike me as a fan. When was the last time he said something positive? When was the last time he's said something positive about the Spurs?

LOL, can't we just have a petition and if like 50 people sign or something he leaves?

Sorry about the topic. You can lock it, or call me "butthurt" or whatever... but this dude is fucking annoying and redundant. Pretty sure he's dyslexic.

This isn't for just anyone in particular, btw. All trolls apply.

xmas1997
07-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Someone has an opinion, I get it. Free speech, and everyone is entitled to one.. there's no wrong answer. But come on. Look how obvious of a troll job this is.

This thread is about records set during the finals that include not just Manu, but Tim, Tony, Green, etc.
Notice how he gets mad at the "cherry picking", calling them "homers", yet proceeds to cherry pick himself and focus his opinion on one game. Wouldn't that make him the homer then?

Look. I'm just tired of going on my news feed and new topics seeing the same shit from the same hater who really doesn't strike me as a fan. When was the last time he said something positive? When was the last time he's said something positive about the Spurs?

LOL, can't we just have a petition and if like 50 people sign or something he leaves?

Sorry about the topic. You can lock it, or call me "butthurt" or whatever... but this dude is fucking annoying and redundant. Pretty sure he's dyslexic.

I've been disagreeing with this same poster so much so that he copies and pastes things I don't say into my own quotes just to try to make me look bad.
The guy is an obvious redundant troll.

ElNono
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Just skip right past his posts... works every time, tbh

Kindergarten Cop
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
This is where the ignore feature comes in handy.

elmanutres
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
the problem is sometimes it's hard to tell if a poster is truly a troll or just dumb

MeloHype
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Just ban all laker fans

dallasmaverickslose
07-24-2013, 09:28 PM
He's an obvious troll

ohmwrecker
07-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Just make more threads about banning trolls. That should take care of the problem.

Russo21
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
The Mavs and Lakers Troll's about Tim's personal life are hitting all time lows also.

Sean Cagney
07-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Just ban all laker fans
NOT A BAD IDEA at all. Their damn aliases as well should be banned, hell THEIR IP! BANNED.

Kool Bob Love
07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
They should also ban the number 6 tbh.

DJR210
07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't think he's trolling tbh. Troll threads are a blatantly obnoxious in most cases. The guy just doesn't like Manu anymore, and I don't blame him for his opinion.

Now making a dedicated thread for the guy is glorification, and encouragement. It's people like you that caused his stupid thread to basically remained locked to the front page w/ constant bumping.

TheGreatYacht
07-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Just ban all laker fans
NOT A BAD IDEA at all. Their damn aliases as well should be banned, hell THEIR IP! BANNED.I agree. All these Laker fans downstairs such as Buddy Mignion, Koolaid, Thread, and that Celtics dude Chief Brody keep making threads every 30 minutes about how Tim Duncan is gay. What a bunch of fucking losers.

To those that keep calling me a troll, I'm not. I'm just sympathizing with some of my fellow Spurs fans. If you'll want me to leave the subject alone, then tell all them other peeps to stop making threads or bringing up the subject. I'm a diehard Spurs fan.
I should have told you this before- but I think over the last couple of days - you have started to see it;
People in here HATE....I mean HATE ...truth...
Nothing will bring out the popsuckers and spurs homers wrath more than - TRUTH.

They absolutely HATE it. They will label you a troll, will try to gang up and hit you from all sides and all the others will appear out of nowhere and have a little hate parade.
If you want to be "accepted"
You must;
A) Never tell the truth or call things exactly what they are - you cannot do this. Truth will get you on the "outside" here.
B) Pop is always right. Every decision is justified- because - 4 rings, hall of fame, etc....
C) Even when you are PROVEN right - it didn't happen and you are still a stupid troll, an idiot, and - it just never happened- and if you try to say - "but it was the truth!---and I was correct!"....just go back and look at (A) above.
D) Titles are for winners....2nd place is what these Spurs homers are satisfied with - don't try to understand - don't try to convince anyone here that the object and the highest hope is a championship - because --- it isn't what is important here. Following Pop and spurs mgmt is more important than actually winning titles. 4 is enough and anything else on top of 4 titles makes you greedy and spoiled and a stupid idiot in here.

If you understand all that - your time here will be a little better. Just lower your standards and be accepted and ....

"2nd place forever!!!!!!!!"

dbestpro
07-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I would say ban everyone that talks about banning someone except that means I would have to be banned because I just talked about it.

texmich
07-24-2013, 10:35 PM
this comes from a guy of manu kissing the trophy like 6 yrs ago if not later. Cmon disagreement is what keeps boards alive, espn has many shows with people who disagree with each other, why, cause it has people coming back and its better than them saying I agree and the topic is over. I know yall "smart" fans don't watch those shows, well someone is and they sell plenty of commercials, just like this forum gets more hits when things are happening with the spurs that may cause different opinions. So some of us don't have manus dick in our mouth, ban me then I guess!!!!! http://replygif.net/i/1091.gif

PlayNando
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Trolls are the lifeblood of this forum, tbh. Ban them and Spurstalk tumbles into irrelevancy, IMO.

PlayNando
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
There is no doubt that The Great Yacht suffers from some mental deficiencies. However, I find his takes to be so awful and stupid that they are pretty hilarious. :lol

Sean Cagney
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Don't think he's trolling tbh. Troll threads are a blatantly obnoxious in most cases. The guy just doesn't like Manu anymore, and I don't blame him for his opinion.

\
This is all the thread was made about because he said something about MANU, so he had to go call him a troll when he is honestly stating the obvious about his play last year and most of the playoffs. Some are just so damn blind as homers they won't admit things. He had the nerve to tell me I was delusional for saying he had one good game in the finals out of 7, then said he is worth 7 million a year because of a 24-10 game, so that is a different subject there but I call that delusional.

I love Manu as a player and what he did for this team, but don't make a thread about banning someone because they aren't fanboys of your fave player you speak of in here, infact you dickride in here like you are his family OP.

I agree with you above, good post.

texmich
07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
And all you manu lovers, who feel like he can do no wrong. Just don't want yall to be disappointed when your hero super manu doesn't show up to ball in the playoffs,just sayn! manu ---> http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1ce5250aa313512e5f70f783e6894a7/tumblr_menahoNfgu1rmugu7o1_400.gif <--- manu fans when reality hits, lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-24-2013, 10:53 PM
It's funny how I'm called a homer. Listen Sean, read my first sentence and my last. Learn some reading comprehension before you go on a ducking forum. The dude consistently repeats shot when the topic isn't even about Manu. He consistently contradicts himself and edits people's posts. That's a troll.

exstatic
07-25-2013, 12:03 AM
He's an obvious troll

Yeah, I always give "volatile" posters a few days. If they prove to be trolls, they just go on the ignore list. Worst thing you can do to them, tbh. They want attention.

itsamanuthree
07-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol. That user is a piece of shit. I don't know if banned, but asked to stop harrasing manu fans, that should be done, in my opinion. Note in that thread how, despite manu's performances in the finals not being the topic, despite the OP didn't prise manu or anything, this troll tries to shift the discussion to manu, attacking manu fans at the same time. Lol at those who think "he's just pissed with manu" and see his takes as something objective, or even personal. That's obvioulsy not the case, he has the clear intention of hurting manu fans, just read his posts, come on. Now, that could be because he's just a troll, that is he's only looking to cause troubles. Or pehaps he did originally have the intention to merely speak his mind, but got caught in the heat of discussions and became a troll later. He is a troll right now, either way.

PlayNando
07-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I always give "volatile" posters a few days. If they prove to be trolls, they just go on the ignore list. Worst thing you can do to them, tbh. They want attention.
Agreed.

exstatic
07-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Lol. That user is a piece of shit. I don't know if banned, but asked to stop harrasing manu fans, that should be done, in my opinion. Note in that thread how, despite manu's performances in the finals not being the topic, despite the OP didn't prise manu or anything, this troll tries to shift the discussion to manu, attacking manu fans at the same time. Lol at those who think "he's just pissed with manu" and see his takes as something objective, or even personal. That's obvioulsy not the case, he has the clear intention of hurting manu fans, just read his posts, come on. Now, that could be because he's just a troll, that is he's only looking to cause troubles. Or pehaps he did originally have the intention to merely speak his mind, but got caught in the heat of discussions and became a troll later. He is a troll right now, either way.
That's a pretty easy way to spot a troll.

Sean Cagney
07-25-2013, 12:37 AM
It's funny how I'm called a homer. Listen Sean, read my first sentence and my last. Learn some reading comprehension before you go on a ducking forum. The dude consistently repeats shot when the topic isn't even about Manu. He consistently contradicts himself and edits people's posts. That's a troll.

I read alot of your stuff and when you talk about Manu and these playoffs or what he deserves you are full of shit on that topic, but the rest of that it's up to you there and I have no problem with the guy personally at all. I have no problem with you either personally, just hate the fact some protect a player so much from any criticism and he can do no wrong and he is this and that . I call a spade a spade, thats what it is. You and the Guy you have a problem with though, thats on you guys! Me and you have no problem though and we hardly argue so I respect you as a poster and I will not carry this any further.

To me the trolls are the idiot LA fans and their aliases and their repeated bullshit daily, they should be banned and should have a while ago in here, period end of story. If you put someone on ignore though that might help some! Either that just don't read what they reply to you and keep it moving!

spurraider21
07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I read alot of your stuff and when you talk about Manu and these playoffs or what he deserves you are full of shit on that topic, but the rest of that it's up to you there and I have no problem with the guy personally at all. I have no problem with you either personally, just hate the fact some protect a player so much from any criticism and he can do no wrong and he is this and that . I call a spade a spade, thats what it is. You and the Guy you have a problem with though, thats on you guys! Me and you have no problem though and we hardly argue so I respect you as a poster and I will not carry this any further.

To me the trolls are the idiot LA fans and their aliases and their repeated bullshit daily, they should be banned and should have a while ago in here, period end of story. If you put someone on ignore though that might help some! Either that just don't read what they reply to you and keep it moving!

greatyacht is clearly a troll...

Sean Cagney
07-25-2013, 12:53 AM

Kobyz is the clear troll to me.

Kindergarten Cop
07-25-2013, 12:55 AM

Kobyz is the clear troll to me.

Yes and yes.

td4mvp2k
07-25-2013, 01:20 AM
To those that keep calling me a troll, I'm not. I'm a diehard Spurs fan.:lmao

velik_m
07-25-2013, 01:26 AM

That is trolling? Pretty weak sauce, if you ask me. This thread on the other hand...

Vash StampedE
07-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Just make more threads about banning trolls. That should take care of the problem.

I would say ban everyone that talks about banning someone except that means I would have to be banned because I just talked about it.

Rogue
07-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Trolls are an essential part of this website and they're proofs why spurstalk is head-and-shoulders above other sports boards. You can ridicule the home team or the home star as much as you like (not doing this upstairs though) and get away with it, thing that you can never imagine happening on crutchfans or the lakerground. Some trolls are just downright annoying and stupid as hell but the majority of them (like the LM troll that I had been using) are above-average posters who deliver decent thoughts and funny jokes on a daily basis, and they only act as trolls for entertaining purposes.

You might think they're trolls but they're indeed legends, and fortunes of this website (like my nigga m>s :cry) but some of them are already gone with even more of them on the way out. People won't miss the water until the well runs dry, imho.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2013, 04:21 AM
The OP is a bonafide little butthurt douche and pretty goddamn pathetic.

I am guessing the OP is a 12 year old fat paste-eating female - judging by this thread.

Chomag
07-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Just because you may disagree with someone does not make them an automatic troll. If we all agreed on everything here there would be no point in even having a site for discussions. If you have a personal issue with a poster there is a simple ignore button on this very site that can fix that for you.

Sorry I just fail to see the problem here.

The only problem I do have is when people here often go to personal name calling, which I see does happen allot. It's dumb and pretty juvenile.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-25-2013, 09:14 AM
The OP is a bonafide little butthurt douche and pretty goddamn pathetic.

I am guessing the OP is a 12 year old fat paste-eating female - judging by this thread.
Lol d00d yew Hirt mah feelinz sooooo bad ur rite ima 12 yr old girl ohhhh noezzz.

Ill let it go if you'd like , but there's a reason 60% of the people posting in here agree with me. It's not Manu - which I've previously stated if you, um, I don't know, read? It's the consistent beating the deaf horse when Pop or Manu aren't the topic, changing my and other people's quotes, etc.

peacemaker885
07-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Ignore list.

xmas1997
07-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Lol d00d yew Hirt mah feelinz sooooo bad ur rite ima 12 yr old girl ohhhh noezzz.

Ill let it go if you'd like , but there's a reason 60% of the people posting in here agree with me. It's not Manu - which I've previously stated if you, um, I don't know, read? It's the consistent beating the deaf horse when Pop or Manu aren't the topic, changing my and other people's quotes, etc.

I agree with you 100%, and they should definitely not be allowed to change your quotes, that is lying and juvenile.

Ignore list.

I use it now on at least one idiot on here who continues to beat a dead horse about Manu and Pop, as if we didn't see the games ourselves, and don't know who made mistakes, the whole team:hat.

Captivus
07-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I dont care (maybe a little) about trolls posting crap, my problem is when they create 10 threads and the interesting threads end up in the 2nd page and you cant see them, thats my problem.
Post whatever you want (like many said, you can read them or not, or ignore them), but creating multiple threads with absolutely no intention of talking about basketball is my problem.

Strategic
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Trolls and ass suckers are about the same except that one of them is sometimes interesting reading.

Kidd K
07-25-2013, 12:26 PM

I totally get that you want trolls banned. I completely agree since the forum is overloaded with them. The guy you're referring to isn't one though. He's aggressive with his opinion, but it isn't like Manu only had one bad game in the playoffs or even the Finals. I'm not sure why you're upset that he's harping on his worst game. It's just a talking point and most people who don't always make excuses for Manu blame him as much or more than anyone else for us not winning the title last year.

Manu's first 4 games in the Finals were also poor. He barely did anything.

Manu's total stats in first 4 games:

96 minutes (24/game, what he averaged this season)
30 points (7.5/game)
6 rebounds (1.5/game)
12 assists (3/game)
11 turnovers (2.8/game)
3 steals (0.5/game)
0 blocks (0/game)
11 fouls (2.8/game)
10/26 shooting (38% FG%)
3/16 from three (19%)

So actually he sucked in the first 4 games too. He had one good game (game 5) and on average game (game 7). 4 very poor games and one horrendous game.

The point you're upset over isn't even a bad one. Manu was awful. Dude's understandably still upset about it because if Manu made one or two less mistakes, or played just bad instead of really bad, we'd have a title. If you're blaming one guy for it, that's the guy for not performing anywhere near expectations.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM

I never got that, I just think he is over-opinionated and probably young, which makes him rather annoying most of the time.

Based on recent trends, I would classified Trolls as guys that 1. can't let something go and write about the topic continuously and even how they are clinging to dear life if they don't expound on it yet again. 2. Well, reread #1. 3. Guys would want to talk about other guys sexual orientation.

Max Taber
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
"beating a deaf horse"....:lmao

that's just cruel. would you cuss at him while beating. would it matter?

cd021
07-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I've been disagreeing with this same poster so much so that he copies and pastes things I don't say into my own quotes just to try to make me look bad.
The guy is an obvious redundant troll.

Thats a dick move.

sexinthatsx
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Trolls are an essential part of this website and they're proofs why spurstalk is head-and-shoulders above other sports boards. You can ridicule the home team or the home star as much as you like (not doing this upstairs though) and get away with it, thing that you can never imagine happening on crutchfans or the lakerground. Some trolls are just downright annoying and stupid as hell but the majority of them (like the LM troll that I had been using) are above-average posters who deliver decent thoughts and funny jokes on a daily basis, and they only act as trolls for entertaining purposes.

You might think they're trolls but they're indeed legends, and fortunes of this website (like my nigga m>s :cry) but some of them are already gone with even more of them on the way out. People won't miss the water until the well runs dry, imho.

This. It's the reason I stopped using SR lol...

On a side note, GreatYacht is just a big dumbass. His points are repetitive and he is so ignorant he still thinks people on this board likes what he posts or contributes.

Leetonidas
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM
TGY is becoming one of the greatest Spurtrolls ever :lol this is the 2nd thread aimed specifically at him over the butthurt he's inciting

TheGreatYacht
07-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Lol. That user is a piece of shit. I don't know if banned, but asked to stop harrasing manu fans, that should be done, in my opinion. Note in that thread how, despite manu's performances in the finals not being the topic, despite the OP didn't prise manu or anything, this troll tries to shift the discussion to manu, attacking manu fans at the same time. Lol at those who think "he's just pissed with manu" and see his takes as something objective, or even personal. That's obvioulsy not the case, he has the clear intention of hurting manu fans, just read his posts, come on. Now, that could be because he's just a troll, that is he's only looking to cause troubles. Or pehaps he did originally have the intention to merely speak his mind, but got caught in the heat of discussions and became a troll later. He is a troll right now, either way.Fuck you.. I'm just calling things out the way I see them. It's not my fault that some of you are Popsuckers and Manutards that have your judgment clouded by blind homerism. Seriously, if you cannot handle criticism of the team and its players then what is stopping you'll from using another site such as SR or PTR? Like somebody else (can't remember his name) once said in another thread, "it is a Spurs forum but one extreme always has two sides."

Yes I am a diehard Spurs fan! I was born and raised in San Antonio. I am Tim Duncan fan boy too.

I totally get that you want trolls banned. I completely agree since the forum is overloaded with them. The guy you're referring to isn't one though. He's aggressive with his opinion, but it isn't like Manu only had one bad game in the playoffs or even the Finals. I'm not sure why you're upset that he's harping on his worst game. It's just a talking point and most people who don't always make excuses for Manu blame him as much or more than anyone else for us not winning the title last year.

Manu's first 4 games in the Finals were also poor. He barely did anything.

Manu's total stats in first 4 games:

96 minutes (24/game, what he averaged this season)
30 points (7.5/game)
6 rebounds (1.5/game)
12 assists (3/game)
11 turnovers (2.8/game)
3 steals (0.5/game)
0 blocks (0/game)
11 fouls (2.8/game)
10/26 shooting (38% FG%)
3/16 from three (19%)

So actually he sucked in the first 4 games too. He had one good game (game 5) and on average game (game 7). 4 very poor games and one horrendous game.

The point you're upset over isn't even a bad one. Manu was awful. Dude's understandably still upset about it because if Manu made one or two less mistakes, or played just bad instead of really bad, we'd have a title. If you're blaming one guy for it, that's the guy for not performing anywhere near expectations.You're one of my favorite posters here on ST. I'll never forget that day when you owned ElNono in regards to Manu in Game 6 with facts and the dude just kept pulling shit out of his ass trying to find ways to defend his lover boy. ElNono (Argentinian) and dallasmavericklose are the biggest Manu apologists on this forum. I think the OP is making his way to #3 tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Fuck you.. I'm just calling things out the way I see them. It's not my fault that some of you are Popsuckers and Manutards that have your judgment clouded by blind homerism. Seriously, if you cannot handle criticism of the team and its players, then what is stopping you'll from using another site such as SR or PTR? Like somebody else said (can't remember his name) once said in another thread, "it is a Spurs forum but one extreme always has two sides."

Yes I am a diehard Spurs fan! I was born and raised in San Antonio. I am Tim Duncan fan boy too.
You're one of my favorite posters here on ST. I'll never forget that day when you owned ElNono in regards to Manu in Game 6 with facts and the dude just kept pulling shit out of his ass finding ways to defend his lover boy. ElNono (Argentinian) and dallasmavericklose are the biggest Manu apologists on this forum. I think the OP is making his way to #3 tbh.
Lol and the troll proves my point here. Again, no discussion of pop and many,yet he has to throw out derogatory names. You know you proved his point when you quoted him? Maybe you aren't meaning to be a troll. You do have a valid opinion but the way you go about it and your persistence of the topic when it's not the topic makes you look you g, stupid, immature, and like a band Waggoner. /thread

silverblk mystix
07-25-2013, 07:57 PM
:cry:cry:cry My vagina is sore, can someone please slap some vagisil on my aching gash!!!!!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Lol I bet you've never even seen a pussy

FireMicoHalili
07-25-2013, 08:53 PM
tbh

itsamanuthree
07-27-2013, 01:44 AM
yatch quoted me ... thing is, I wasn't talking to him, and I'm not planning on reading his reply ant time soon :lol