PDA

View Full Version : If we win it all next season....

davidbowie
07-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Does it make up for losing this year and we all move on and live great productive happy lives?

xmas1997
07-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Does it make up for losing this year and we all move on and live great productive happy lives?

Win or lose a professional sports game, in a stable individual, and not one of the team members, should have no bearing on whether or not we live great productive lives! Our favorite team winning should be icing on the cake of our lives. If it has more impact than that then we need to seek professional help!
Sure, it hurts to lose, and that goes for anything, but it also makes us stronger if we handle the loss in the right way, it builds character, and faster than winning does, fact of life!
We learn the best lessons in life through our mistakes.
And we learn to roll with the punches.

heyheymymy
07-25-2013, 09:02 AM
yes, and makes the win sweeter having almost had it the year before and finally getting it.

peacemaker885
07-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Definitely...for me at least. As Tiger says "Winnings takes care of everything" ;-)

TXstbobcat
07-25-2013, 10:15 AM
If the spurs took down the heat in the finals this season, then for me that would be vindication for last years finals.

kobyz
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Win or lose a professional sports game, in a stable individual, and not one of the team members, should have no bearing on whether or not we live great productive lives! Our favorite team winning should be icing on the cake of our lives. If it has more impact than that then we need to seek professional help!
Sure, it hurts to lose, and that goes for anything, but it also makes us stronger if we handle the loss in the right way, it builds character, and faster than winning does, fact of life!
We learn the best lessons in life through our mistakes.
And we learn to roll with the punches.

Stop with this banal shit!!! You don't take this loss in right perspective, it's totally different than any dissepointed any team as ever had, it's not what doesn't kill you make you stronger type dissepointment, it's the end of the world type dissepointment.

TheGoldStandard
07-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Regardless if they win next season or lose I'll be happy as long as the circumstances dictate that we did it right.. Duncan is in the game during crunch time, if someone is stinking it up that they're on the bench that we didn't lose the game by giving it away.

SA210
07-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I'll be happy with a Championship no matter what. Still doesn't give Pop a pass for the last 6 years, or Game 6.

Fireball
07-25-2013, 11:57 AM
It would make up for everything. But I doubt it will happen.

bklynspursfan
07-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I'd be happier if Duncan got a title in his last season, then coming up short and going out disappointed. So if they were to win it this year and he decided to walk away, that'd be one of the most bittersweet moments for me as a fan. It would be easier to swallow last years loss if it happened. 2 straight years in the WCF it's certainly possible to get back there

dallasmaverickslose
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
I am a spoiled brat.

xmas1997
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Stop with this banal shit!!! You don't take this loss in right perspective, it's totally different than any dissepointed any team as ever had, it's not what doesn't kill you make you stronger type dissepointment, it's the end of the world type dissepointment.

:troll:whine

TDomination
07-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Make up for it? Yes, I will be feeling relieved that we finally got #5 after coming oh so close.

Does it make me forget about it? No

xmas1997
07-25-2013, 01:00 PM

Do you even know the meaning of banal? I doubt it.
:troll

cd021
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM

No. Going 5-6 makes me think of what could have been even more...

cd021
07-25-2013, 01:20 PM
If the spurs took down the heat in the finals this season, then for me that would be vindication for last years finals.

Yeah that would be the only way. Seeing Lebron lose again the the Finals and walking off the court empty handed with confetti falling.

SA210
07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I hate that sa210 reminds me that Pop choked and didn't trust Tim Duncan

Budkin
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Without a doubt.

kobyz
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
This topic is not relevant, Manu didn't want us to had another run... I still don't understand why Manu want to take away from spurs the possibility to compete for title next year, don't understand why he didn't sign for the minimum... Why Manu why?

hater
07-25-2013, 04:29 PM
we won't win it all. so pointless thread IMO

hater
07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
This topic is not relevant, Manu didn't want us to had another run... I still don't understand why Manu want to take away from spurs the possibility to compete for title next year, don't understand why he didn't sign for the minimum... Why Manu why?

LOL u blaming the wrong guy. It was RC who offered the money. RC just wants to keep San Antonio hispanic population interested in basketball that's all

kobyz
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
LOL u blaming the wrong guy. It was RC who offered the money. RC just wants to keep San Antonio hispanic population interested in basketball that's all

I expected Manu to be the more grown up man here tbh...

CitizenDwayne
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Of course it does. Anyone who disagrees is seriously delusional about all it takes to win a single NBA championship, let alone 5.

Richard Simmons
07-25-2013, 05:25 PM
if it did, it would shut up everyone who says "lebron refused to lose". that got old fast

Johnny RIngo
07-25-2013, 05:33 PM

Even if they don't make it back to the Finals, the entire team(sans Manu) has nothing left to prove. Everybody played their hearts out and they lost. Ginobili's legacy is probably at stake though. It's bad enough that he cost the team a championship - if he continues to play like a TOSB on an overpaid contract, it's going to reflect badly on his now overrated career.

ace3g
07-25-2013, 05:40 PM
If we win next year, it will help a bit knowing the team used last year as motivation to get back and win it all. On the other hand it would suck knowing Spurs should be B2B Champs.

timtonymanu
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
It will definitely erase what happened last year.

timtonymanu
07-25-2013, 05:53 PM
If we win next year, it will help a bit knowing the team used last year as motivation to get back and win it all. On the other hand it would suck knowing Spurs should be B2B Champs.

Probably but it will still be impressive since they never made b2b Finals before.

justinandimcool
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Erase, no.

.4 doesn't hurt any less even with the titles after, neither will game 6.

It will just be sweet as any other year.

For sentimentality's sake, it would've been nice to see Tmac get one, and Blair/Neal too I guess.

dallasmaverickslose
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm a spoiled little brat that hates on other people if they don't hate Pop and Manu as much as I do. I cannot handle somebody disagreeing with me!! :cry

therealtruth
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
It's very simple. It takes you're best players to win a championship. If Pop isn't willing to play his best player when the game is on the line the Spurs have no chance.

SA210
07-26-2013, 12:53 AM
I hate that sa210 reminds me that Pop choked and didn't trust Tim Duncan. It reminds me of how I didn't trust Timmy either. I'll spin this into something else about sa210 though, to hide this fact.

Sean Cagney
07-26-2013, 12:58 AM
If they win it all next season, I fall out that night drunk and cry the whole night in JOY! Does that answer that?

HI-FI
07-26-2013, 01:43 AM
If they win it all next season, I fall out that night drunk and cry the whole night in JOY! Does that answer that?

that's good to hear. glad to see some mirth in the world.

for me, it will be bittersweet. I should be ecstatic if they win, and I think i will be, but to think about what could've been, how we were screwed over in 2012, how the team couldn't put it all together for 2013. But if we were able to rebound from those heartbreaks, learn and be better for it, win a championship, it will definitely be great, no doubt. But it won't make last year or even 2012 go away.

however....in terms of Hollywood endings, if we can not only win next year, but it turns out that a few Heat players were massive juicers, thereby calling into question their 2013 title, then that would truly feel like everything was made right and good.

Sean Cagney
07-26-2013, 02:28 AM
that's good to hear. glad to see some mirth in the world.

for me, it will be bittersweet. I should be ecstatic if they win, and I think i will be, but to think about what could've been, how we were screwed over in 2012, how the team couldn't put it all together for 2013. But if we were able to rebound from those heartbreaks, learn and be better for it, win a championship, it will definitely be great, no doubt. But it won't make last year or even 2012 go away.

however....in terms of Hollywood endings, if we can not only win next year, but it turns out that a few Heat players were massive juicers, thereby calling into question their 2013 title, then that would truly feel like everything was made right and good.
Agree fully, trust me I agree on that last part especially.

kobyz
07-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Manu made it an irrelevant question but hypothetically to answer it, of course it does, Spurs and Timmy winning and getting number 5 will mean the world, everything else will not matter, don't know how you can say bittersweet, it's behind greedy, another title will be the ultimate happiness of any kind.

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I for one am very very proud of our Spurs for how far they got this year because they exceeded all expectations, they were't expected to get as far as they did, and almost won it all. We should be glad rather than sad, anything less is an abomination IMHO. And if you're upset with them for not succeeding, then you should be ashamed of yourself, period!

This definitely was not their worse loss, nor will it be in the future, that is the way life is and especially so for a game or sport, no one wins all the time, to expect that is delusional at best.
They did the best they could, The WHOLE team and organization, so if you're not proud of their accomplishment then I feel sorry for you!
:flag:

kobyz
07-26-2013, 10:36 AM
I for one am very very proud of our Spurs for how far they got this year because they exceeded all expectations, they were't expected to get as far as they did, and almost won it all. We should be glad rather than sad, anything less is an abomination IMHO. And if you're upset with them for not succeeding, then you should be ashamed of yourself, period!

This definitely was not their worse loss, nor will it be in the future, that is the way life is and especially so for a game or sport, no one wins all the time, to expect that is delusional at best.
They did the best they could, The WHOLE team and organization, so if you're not proud of their accomplishment then I feel sorry for you!

Loser alert!

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
I can't deal with somebody disagreeing with me, so I start accusing them of hating and not trusting Duncan, even though they never said anything about that. I live in my own little fantasy world where everything I say is 100% correct.

SA210
07-26-2013, 11:55 AM
I hate that sa210 reminds me that Pop choked and didn't trust Tim Duncan. It reminds me of how I didn't trust Timmy either. I'll spin this into something else about sa210 though, to hide this fact. If I keep doing this over and over and over, hopefully others will be convinced!

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Loser alert!

:troll:troll:troll

Juggity
07-26-2013, 12:11 PM

^ this guy is a good case study for why taking sports seriously is a bad idea

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Losers are happy with 2nd place.

Losers feel fortunate to have already won a title.

Losers will accept anything the front office does - because - well - see above...

Losers think you are selfish and spoiled - to be critical of anything - Pop and the front office do.

Do you think Lakers and Celtics fans - should just stop wanting their team to win more titles?

Do you think the Celtics fans gave up their rights to question their front office?

Spurstalk is full of losers and this offseason has revealed what losers most of you are. No one is calling for Pop's head. No one is calling bullshit on the Manu contract - as much as I love Manu - he is not worth this contract and he has deteriorated significantly and it is painful to see.

Losers will continue to lose. Enjoy.:lol Delusional Spurs homer at its best.
Loser alert!You hit the nail in the coffin.

Kidd K
07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
No it doesn't make up for it. We're all going to remember it like we do Duncan getting hurt in 2000, the shot that shouldn't have counted in 2004, Manu's dumb foul on Dirk in 2006, the awful refs and Manu injury in 2008, the shitty refs in 2012 that allowed a dozen Ibaka goaltends and several dozen fully moving screens by Perkins and Ibaka, and being so close but losing because Manu chose to have his worst playoff series in a decade in 2013.

This one might be the worst one of the lot since it was seconds away from another title. If we win next year, it'll be "5 is great but it should've been 6". Still, 5 would be really nice. Wish we won last season though and were going for 6 this year so we could hear talks of Duncan matching Jordan's ring count.

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Time and time again I continue to accuse Pop supporters of not trusting Duncan. I have no solid argument behind this, but I say it to make myself feel better. I feel like crap because the only people who agree with me are obvious trolls like TGY, SBM, and kobyz (who everybody hates and wishes to have banned). I cannot stand anybody who doesn't hate Pop with a passion like I do. And I will continue to spin this conversation into a trusting Duncan issue, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with what dallasmaverickslose is saying.

SA210
07-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I hate that sa210 reminds me that Pop choked and didn't trust Tim Duncan. It reminds me of how I didn't trust Timmy either. I'll spin this into something else about sa210 though, to hide this fact. If I keep doing this over and over and over, hopefully others will be convinced!

I was wrong, Pop was wrong and I HATE anyone who points this out! I will LIE about those who point this out with nothing to back up my claims! I must make things up about them to deflect Pop's 6 years of choking and my ball sucking of Pop! Watch me, I'm abut to lie again.. :madrun

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I wish you hated Pop as much as I do... :cry

SA210
07-26-2013, 02:18 PM
I hate that sa210 never said he hated Pop, but if I say it enough times maybe I can convince others of it! I really just hate that he reminds me that Pop choked and didn't trust Tim Duncan. It reminds me of how I didn't trust Timmy either. I'll continue to spin this into something else about sa210 though

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
:lol Delusional Spurs homer at its best. You hit the nail in the coffin.

Ah ah, I'm not falling for your troll BS anymore. You had me going for a while, but it's obvious you are no Spurs fan!
Mavs fan? Lakers fan? Or Heat fan? You got to be one of those three!

superbigtime
07-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Not possible. Have same brick-head coach, older roster, and spazz Manu.

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 04:07 PM
I'll just keep saying the same worthless crap over and over again until somebody (besides all of my troll butt-buddies) agrees with me. I'll also come up with ways to accuse dallasmaverickslose of hating Tim Duncan even though I know he's a huge fan of him. I'm also butthurt that dallasmaverickslose is stealing my secret weapon of altering quotes. :cry

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Not possible. Have same brick-head coach, older roster, and spazz Manu.

SA210
07-26-2013, 04:47 PM
I hate that sa210 was right. He never said he hated Pop, and I keep spewing that garbage to deflect Pop's choking and my choking on Pop's dick. Why didn't I trust Timmy! Damn you sa210 for telling the truth!!

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 05:01 PM
When somebody like dallasmaverickslose doesn't agree with me, my panties get in a massive wad. It is my life's goal to have a non-troll tell me that I am right for once. Please somebody help me out here :cry

SA210
07-27-2013, 01:00 AM
I still have Pop's crater cock in my mouth

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 01:21 AM
It took me roughly 8 hours to come up with an insult that sounds like one that a middle school boy going through puberty would come up with. My obsession with male privates is becoming painfully obvious.

SA210
07-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I hate that sa210 has a life outside this message board and only responds when he comes back from that life. I'll just lie and say it took him that long to come up with a response to the worthless garbage that I've been spewing. At the end of the day, I'm just a butthurt popsucker who knows Pop stupidly benched Duncan, but I'll pretend it had nothing at all to do with losing Game 6, hell I'll even pretend that Pop didn't screw up by benching TD and Tony at the beginning of the 4th qtr when we were up by ten in a close out game, I'll even pretend that Pop didnt have opportunities to foul either. Yea, I'll pretend that none of those things contributed at all to losing the Championship. Good little sheep I am. I hope I make Pop proud!

RD2191
07-28-2013, 01:33 PM
:music

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 02:38 PM
I wish Pop would resign so I can take over the Spurs because I believe I understand basketball so much better than him. I have been coaching professional basketball for years and have multiple championships. I honestly believe Gregg Popovich is an idiot that knows absolutely nothing about the game of basketball. Of course I will turn this entire thing into something personal about dallasmaverickslose like I always do.