PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 2005 Championship DVD Moments

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Is it too soon to start this thread? I have several favorite parts but don't want to ruin things for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Feedback?

Solid D
07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I like the part where Pop gets in the huddle and blames Billups' hook shot on Nazr for not rotating over in time. :smokin

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Guess that means it is okay to share these. = _

*The clip were Gino says the team was praying for Timmy's ankle to be okay. I was too!

* Timmy talking about how God has blessed and led him ( the whole Timmy extra feature is excellent)

* Seeing the clip of the entire team rushing the floor win we won game seven and remebering how it felt to be there with them.

And last but never ever least, my personal favorite...

* Watching Rasho bounce/ spin a full 180 to celebrate refs awarded us the ball in the final seconds of game seven against Detroit.

( I saw him at the time. It still makes me smile to think of him so happy) = )

Solid D
07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
The huddle scene in game 5 against the Pistons in the final seconds. Larry Brown instructs the team...watch the slip, no threes.

Then they show the video of Horry inbounding to Manu, who gets doubled and Horry slips out to the arc and ..... :)

tlongII
07-19-2005, 05:31 PM
I liked game 6 best.

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 05:32 PM
hehehe!
... and the rest is history! Remember the Alamo... city! ; )

baseline bum
07-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I like the part when Robert Horry hits the three.

gospursgojas
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I loved seeing Pop coach during one of thier practices, its funny that he made them run sprints....

boutons
07-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I like the part where angel_luv says "Rasho spin a full 180"

Since when is 180 "full"? :)

What happened to 360? twice as full, no? :)

Pistons < Spurs
07-19-2005, 05:56 PM
I like the part where in game 7, the Pistons pull away for good and secure the victory to become Back-to-Back Champs!!!!!DeeeeeeeeeTroiit BaaaaaaaasketBallll:fro

OOPS...that wasn't in this DVD was it!!

Brutalis
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
^ ahuh ahuh.

Anyways, um, It's my birthday.. here...sometime..soon....so buy me the dvd and feel good about it.

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
I like the part where angel_luv says "Rasho spin a full 180"

Since when is 180 "full"? :)

What happened to 360? twice as full, no? :)

Yes. (Blushing)

= )

Angel is dumb when she is tired. I was out all night waiting in line for the DVD. Then I had to go home and watch it.

TheTruth
07-19-2005, 06:55 PM
you remember the part..where..the..Spurs..Won?

That was awesome.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I was out all night waiting in line for the DVD.

If the Spurs win it all again next season, would you do that again or would you just wait a few hrs. til you go to HEB the next day?

AI-square
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I loved seeing Pop coach during one of thier practices, its funny that he made them run sprints....

Totally Off-Topic, but I've got to mention how much I like that Bowen gif in your sig. "By all means necessary" indeed.

That Larry Brown "no threes" moment was a classic. Especially considering what happened just seconds afterward.

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 07:06 PM
OK Guys I got a couple of questions....

Was the DVD worth the money you paid?

Where can I buy it in Phila.?

How long is the DVD?

Thanks...I'm still trying to decide if I should buy it or not.

SpursDork
07-19-2005, 07:11 PM

Oh man that was hilarious. When he was telling TD about this "secret play" - and he kept yelling at Beno - "Beno, don't ever point at someone - just say it, I don't want to see you point ever again!" And then Beno did something else wrong and Pop goes, "Are you doing that just to f---ing piss me off?" :lol

But my favorite part was (one of the candid moments) was when Tony, Tim and Manu (all with their flags on) were with Pop and Pop was praising Tony, Manu and Bruce's defensive efforts on the perimeter and Manu goes, "You watched it already??" and Pop was like, "... yeah" and Manu/Tony share this big laugh over it ;)

And I wouldn't say this was my FAVORITE moment but it was one of the more interesting ones... how about Timmy chewing Bowen out in one of the timeouts in game 7... TD: "Hey, I'm f---ing serious!"

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
OK Guys I got a couple of questions....

Was the DVD worth the money you paid?

Where can I buy it in Phila.?

How long is the DVD?

Thanks...I'm still trying to decide if I should buy it or not.
Anyone have any responses????

Thanks.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd say "yes". It's worth the money. I don't know where you can get it in Phila. unless maybe Best Buy can get them there. Worth a call to see. Otherwise, you'll have to go on-line. The actual championship video is like 90 minutes, I think. Then there are all the extras.

boutons
07-19-2005, 07:50 PM
The part shown on NBATV yesterday wasn't bad. But I was expecting some dramatic treatment of the last 12 minutes of Game7, but they sorta skipped from the Spurs ending the 3rd well to the championship celebration, totally skipped the 4th qtr.

Jeez, the entire season and Finals were reduced to Spurs and Pistons, score even, playing a 12-minute game for the title.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 07:55 PM
The part shown on NBATV yesterday wasn't bad. But I was expecting some dramatic treatment of the last 12 minutes of Game7, but they sorta skipped from the Spurs ending the 3rd well to the championship celebration, totally skipped the 4th qtr.

Jeez, the entire season and Finals were reduced to Spurs and Pistons, score even, playing a 12-minute game for the title.

Yes, I would agree with you on the 4th qtr. of game 7. It could have been done differently...perhaps more step-by-step time and score sequences.

They also did not give much detail on the latter games of the PHX series. I mean, that was the WCF against the team with the best record in the NBA.

I love ANY championship video though. It's a must get for any Spurs fan. It's especially cool hearing Timmy at the end say it makes him proud to be a Spur.

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Another fave moment: I thought Timmy looked like an angel wrapped in his U.S Virgin Islands flag.

The way Timmy had the flag draped over his shoulders with the gold decal on both sides made it look like Timmy had wings.

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
If the Spurs win it all again next season, would you do that again or would you just wait a few hrs. til you go to HEB the next day?

I will so wait in the crazy line again. It was so much fun!

Next time we need to make a group party of it. = )

angel_luv
07-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Could you be any more picky?

LOL

Solid D
07-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I know this is a correct usage of "so" in both aspects. I just wish people would stop doing this.

at least use the correct grammer when writing it so it doesn't sound so much like the "friends" so.

for instance,

I will so, wait in the crazy line again.

see that wasn't so bad was it?

......................^ Read the dictionary in free time at band camp. :smokin

slayermin
07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I haven't bought the DVD yet, but I did enjoy Robert Horry calling the Spurs an amoeba.

Also, Iceman, in the beginning, said he liked Manu because he can finger roll.

Kori Ellis
07-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I know this is a correct usage of "so" in both aspects. I just wish people would stop doing this.

at least use the correct grammer when writing it so it doesn't sound so much like the "friends" so.

for instance,

I so wish that everytime someone was correcting someone's grammar in this forum that they would spell grammar correctly. That would be ... um, so cool.

:smokin

Timoha
07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Sounds great. I'd really love to relive these moments. How would I be able to get the DVD if I live i Boston?

Thanks

spurschick
07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I so wish that everytime someone was correcting someone's grammar in this forum that they would spell grammar correctly. That would be ... um, so cool.

http://www.spurschick.com/schoolhouse.jpg
http://www.school-house-rock.com/GrammarRock.html

goliath
07-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Wish we could get something like the Red Soxs did:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009IXRLW/ref=pd_sbs_d_1/102-2048290-7364139?v=glance&s=dvd

35 hours on 12 DVDs :wow

Unedited original broadcasts of all seven ALCS games against the New York Yankees and all four World Series games against the St. Louis Cardinals

2004 World Series film

Wireless on-field recordings of David Ortiz, Johnny Damon, Kevin Millar, and Mike Timlin

Pre-game and post-game interviews with Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Jason Varitek, and Curt Schilling

Celebrity fan interviews with Seth Meyers and Ben Affleck

Number of discs: 12

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
To Too Two 2

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-19-2005, 11:03 PM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009IXRLW/ref=pd_sbs_d_1/102-2048290-7364139?v=glance&s=dvd

Unedited original broadcasts of all seven ALCS games against the New York Yankees and all four World Series games against the St. Louis Cardinals

2004 World Series film

Wireless on-field recordings of David Ortiz, Johnny Damon, Kevin Millar, and Mike Timlin

Pre-game and post-game interviews with Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Jason Varitek, and Curt Schilling

Wow... the MLB knows how to do it.

Cheap ass NBA.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-19-2005, 11:03 PM
To Too Two 2

Two 2?

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
We got da video.

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Did anybody get the Club 200 version? We got it at the Hwy 90 Flea market today.

Phenomanul
07-20-2005, 08:04 AM
I must say I loved the DVD!!!

Now for a little critique (which mostly stems from trying to compile it in a rush) and some cool notes:

-- The DVD should have included Finals Game 5 4th Q & Overtime.
-- Weren't the Finals filmed in HD? and yet on the DVD the game clips of the Finals were all in regular resolution.
-- The Section on the "Iceman" is kind of deceptive.... as we don't get to see him as Ice rather as Mr. Tour guide.
-- Devin Brown wasn't even an afterthought

Notes:
-- No mention to Tim's freethrow struggles
-- I loved the shirt Pop was wearing during the DVD interview it simply said "Bruce Bowen".
-- The NBA does not want to shed Carmelo in negative light so his punch of Ginobili is omitted from the DVD.
-- George Karl's rants never made it to the DVD either.

duncan_21
07-20-2005, 08:24 AM
That's funny kori.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Since when in a forum do you need to have proper grammar OR PERFECT SPELLING when posting in a forum?

Go read an english lit book.

Anyways, I just ordered the dvd on amazon for $22 shipped. I'm kinda dissapointed that they don't include all the clenching 4th quarters like 03.

I'm also looking for game 5 on dvd, if anyone can hook me up, pm if you can.

AlamoSpursFan
07-20-2005, 08:33 AM

I disagree. Grammer was spelled correctly, thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Dr. Frasier Crane

http://uloc.nerdtank.org/images/persoenlichkeiten/kelsey_grammer02.jpg

Alamode
07-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Some fave moments:

--Tim & Manu at the All-Star game. What a little comedy team. Tim: "He's a rock star...." We comment on Manu's hair all the time, I didn't realize HE cared so much about it too. "That's it, stop the cameras..." :lol

--Before a game fans chanted and held "GINOBILI." It looked like it caught all of the Spurs attention who seemed amused by it. :spin

--Bruce's extended discussion of "needing a little love" with Rasho & Teemy. :lol

--David Robinson's visit and comments about Manu's "monster" play to Tim.

--Pop & Tim's play on the "touchdown", that was cute.

--Anything "behind the scenes."

--Bonus features: LMAO Pop's b-ball pointers and Beno taking the whole thing so seriously. :lol

Missing: More interviews, behind the scenes. They could have used current footage for the features on Parker & Manu. :depressed They also seeemd to have more Piston's footage than Spurs in the finals part.

GrandeDavid
07-20-2005, 09:01 AM
PLEASE tell me it contains the "Clinching 4th Quarters" feature which made the 2003 championship DVD the shite.

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 09:09 AM

LOL

:lmao, I love Chandler!

Alvarez, I bought the DVD on amazon. com, so ask your parents if you can use their credit card to order it...it came to like $20.17 or something. If not, go to local Best Buy, Barnes & Nobles, and/or Borders and ask them if they can order it for you from another Best Buy, B & N, or Borders that does sell it. Some stores can put the order in, and their other store will ship it to them and they'll notify you when they get it.

Good luck! still haven't gotten mine...:depressed

Jimcs50
07-20-2005, 09:15 AM

2004 World Series film

Thanks for the heads up!! I just ordered my Sox DVD set.

:elephant

Jimcs50
07-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Is this the DVD that comes with your Sports Illustrated order? I subscribed to SI to get it.

GrandeDavid
07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Anybody, does the 2004-05 championship DVD contain the "Clinching 4th Quarters" feature?

bigbendbruisebrother
07-20-2005, 09:37 AM
My favorite part came last night. My mom (who lives in Houston) mailed me the Sports Illustrated Spurs Championship Issue. I've been slowly reading through it--savoring it.

Tim Duncan had the following quote (which I haven't seen anywhere else) on page 65 and to me, it's the perfect footnote to last season's roadblock filled regular season and harrowing playoff run:

"This sounds horrible when we're sitting here as NBA champions," said Duncan, "but we can play a lot better. We have a team that will be able to come back and try to do this again. That's the greatest feeling in the world."

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 09:38 AM
you remember the part..where..the..Spurs..Won?

That was awesome.

:lol

OH GOD! WHAT A STUPID QUESTION! I'M SO STUPID! <hits self in face>

http://snl.jt.org/arc/skit/The%20Chris%20Farley%20Show.jpg

emveepee
07-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Anybody, does the 2004-05 championship DVD contain the "Clinching 4th Quarters" feature?

Just the Game 7 clinching 4th quarter against the Deethroned Pistons

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I thought it was cute when Pop called Beno, " B".

GrandeDavid
07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Just the Game 7 clinching 4th quarter against the Deethroned Pistons

OMG, how ridiculous!!! I can't believe that the clinching 4th quarters in the earlier rounds were excluded! That's f-ing stupid! When I play the 2003 championship DVD, albeit not very often, I like watching the clinching 4th against the Lakers, the Mavs, etc. etc. Sucks they didn't do it this year! Idiots.

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 10:44 AM
OMG, how ridiculous!!! I can't believe that the clinching 4th quarters in the earlier rounds were excluded! That's f-ing stupid! When I play the 2003 championship DVD, albeit not very often, I like watching the clinching 4th against the Lakers, the Mavs, etc. etc. Sucks they didn't do it this year! Idiots.

They showed the whole 4th quarters of those clinching games in the 2003 DVD?

Maybe I should get it...I like the LA one.........

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 10:48 AM
You like seeing them cry, don't you? Hehe! It is on there!

GrandeDavid
07-20-2005, 10:51 AM
They showed the whole 4th quarters of those clinching games in the 2003 DVD?

Maybe I should get it...I like the LA one.........

Yes, they did. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was a cool feature.

You had the entire fourth quarter of the clinchers against Phoenix, LA, Dallas, New Jersey...

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I wish the creators of the 2005 DVD would have left out the space wasters (the NBA TV pre and post series analysis) and extended the footage to include all the clinching fourth quarters, something Spurs fans would actually want to watch.

GrandeDavid
07-20-2005, 11:00 AM
I wish the creators of the 2005 DVD would have left out the space wasters (the NBA TV pre and post series analysis) and extended the footage to include all the clinching fourth quarters, something Spurs fans would actually want to watch.

A-Freaking-Meeeeeen, Angel! I'm disappointed that the clinchers are not included. And who the hell is interested in a vanilla and dispassionate NBA TV pre and post series analysis. Ugh. No, make that a double Ugh.

Jimcs50
07-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Is this the DVD that comes with your Sports Illustrated order? I subscribed to SI to get it.

Helloooo????

Anyone anyone?

spurs21209
07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I love the part where tim duncan was stretching and Bruce Bowen pissed him off by trying to hug him and Rasho was just standing there laughing. First time i saw Rasho laughing. Priceless....

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I believe that it is Jim. = )

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh and Jim... will you let me know how the commerative book is? I wanted one but was nervous about ordering one sight unseen.

Bandit2981
07-20-2005, 11:41 AM
My favorite part was when Steve Javie was saying to Pop something along the lines of "Man, isn't this great? Can't you feel the excitement?" and Pop goes "It's just a basketball game." :lol

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes, they did. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was a cool feature.

You had the entire fourth quarter of the clinchers against Phoenix, LA, Dallas, New Jersey...

Damn, maybe I should order that one also?.............

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Or you can come visit and watch my copy = )

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Or you can come visit and watch my copy = )

I know, once I graduate, I definitly want to see a LIVE Spurs game in SA!

....and visit Argentina, France, and the Virgin Islands (you know...all in support of the Spurs :spin)

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
What about Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 03:09 PM
What about Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errrrrr, no thanks. Soft men really aren't my type :spin

I kid, I kid!

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I love you Slovenia!

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM

for instance,

Wednesday at 3:30 -Dr Phil to one of his guest, " We are so on the same page with that."

Horry For 3!
07-20-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll be getting the DVD Saturday. :)

Summers
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
I know, once I graduate, I definitly want to see a LIVE Spurs game in SA!

....and visit Argentina, France, and the Virgin Islands (you know...all in support of the Spurs :spin)

Ooh! The ultimate road trip! That would be fun! I've never been to St. Croix, but I have a feeling any excuse to visit is justified. We could lay on the beach, drink cocktails, visit the Tim Duncan Gymnasium... :)

I haven't gotten my DVD yet (in the mail) but I saw the thing on NBA TV. I'm disappointed it's not going to have the other quarters, also. That last game against Seattle was good.

2centsworth
07-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Favorite moment was before I bought it. Worst moment was after watching it.

Compared to the 2003 video it sucked!

Spursdaone
07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
NBATV has a classic game on right now.

Brutalis
07-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Grr they dont have it in stock at Best Buy or Circuit City here. :depressed

timvp
07-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Just finished watching the main part. Thought it was good.

It was a good summary of the last ten months.

:hat

Sense
07-21-2005, 05:29 AM
I like it when Rasheed Wallace is on the bench, and Tim Duncan gets and And1 from Prince and Rip... and he says

"this mothafucka can play, this mothafucka can play"

rofl.

DesiSpur_21
07-21-2005, 05:35 AM
I like it when Rasheed Wallace is on the bench, and Tim Duncan gets and And1 from Prince and Rip... and he says

rofl.

Really :rolleyes ??? Can't wait to get my DVD to watch this :lol

Sense
07-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Really :rolleyes ??? Can't wait to get my DVD to watch this :lol

lol actually it's not in the dvd... :P sorry..

I live in Eagle Pass, I don't even know if it's here, I did however, get game 7 of the finals...

That's where I did alot of lip watchin.

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 08:53 AM
man, it was 12.99 plus tax at the diamond shamrock...so I picked it up.

it was great..i had flashbacks of where we were watching each game, be it the drafthouse, goomba's or the Ellis pad. :tu

i agree with bandit about when pop said "it's just a basketball game" :lol

watching that dvd is a reminder of just how hard a road our spurs had to travel to bring the Obrien back home.

awesome. :smokin

td4mvp3
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM

rofl.
actually, i thought he was saying "this muthafucker, shit," not in admiration but in frustration of thinking he could hold duncan but having too many fouls.

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 10:18 AM
actually, i thought he was saying "this muthafucker, shit," not in admiration but in frustration of thinking he could hold duncan but having too many fouls.

Yea, I remember seeing that when I was watching the actual game...I don't think he was complimenting Duncan. This happened sometime around the 3rd quarter, right?

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 10:29 AM
hey Kori, did you notice your baseline bum friend during the seattle highlights...:tu

Obi wan Ginobili
07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
That one of the first things you are forced to watch is .4?

I never wanted to see it again...

I was there... I know it happend...

I didnt Buy our CHAMPIONSHIP DVD to get reminded about that robbery.

CavsSuperFan
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I noticed that...Probably some Lakers guy involved with the DVD thought it was funny....JERK!

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 11:57 AM
hey Kori, did you notice your baseline bum friend during the seattle highlights...:tu

Yes. Michelle's also in the very beginning of the DVD when they show the old Baseline Bums and then they show that same clip of her that they show later.

spurschick
07-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Yes. Michelle's also in the very beginning of the DVD when they show the old Baseline Bums and then they show that same clip of her that they show later.

I thought that was her - she is wearing the net hat.

Sense
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Well I read the lips alot of times... it really looked like he said "this mothafucka can play"

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I knew that was Michelle in the baseline bum section!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if she knows she is a celebrity yet? = )

td4mvp3
07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=1Parker1]Yea, I remember seeing that when I was watching the actual game...I don't think he was complimenting Duncan. This happened sometime around the 3rd quarter, right?[/QUOTE
cant remember, but i think you're right because it was after he got tied up with prince and hamilton. he wasn't happy, which is why i don't think he was complimenting duncan. plus, how often does rasheed compliment anybody? wasn't manu just "alright?"

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=1Parker1]Yea, I remember seeing that when I was watching the actual game...I don't think he was complimenting Duncan. This happened sometime around the 3rd quarter, right?[/QUOTE
cant remember, but i think you're right because it was after he got tied up with prince and hamilton. he wasn't happy, which is why i don't think he was complimenting duncan. plus, how often does rasheed compliment anybody? wasn't manu just "alright?"

:lol Exactly. I highly doubt he's going to sit on the Pistons bench in a tight Game 7 in the NBA Finals, and say, "That motherF$# can play!" about the opposing team's player.

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I think that the o.4. footage, painful as it still is to watch helps set the tone for the DVD and makes the victory footage that much sweeter!

Just my opinion.

Sense
07-21-2005, 02:23 PM
:lol Exactly. I highly doubt he's going to sit on the Pistons bench in a tight Game 7 in the NBA Finals, and say, "That motherF$# can play!" about the opposing team's player.

I don't know about you guys...

But I have the game in my computer... and that means rewind, rewind, read lips, read lips..

He didn't say it...he was talking to himself but not outloud.. it was almost like a whisper.

EasilyAmused
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I am disappointed that I have to wait! I ordered the NBA package right after the Spurs won and yesterday I received an e-mail “we are currently out-of-stock and will be shipped within 2 weeks” :devil

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I am disappointed that I have to wait! I ordered the NBA package right after the Spurs won and yesterday I received an e-mail “we are currently out-of-stock and will be shipped within 2 weeks” :devil

Yea, I ordered mine weeks ago, but since it has to be shipped to Philly, I own't get it for another week or so they said :depressed

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Alvarez, where'd you end up ordering yours from?

EasilyAmused
07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Yea, I ordered mine weeks ago, but since it has to be shipped to Philly, I own't get it for another week or so they said :depressed

I was expecting my DVD on Tuesday :cry
Have you received the cap and t-shirt?

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I was expecting my DVD on Tuesday :cry
Have you received the cap and t-shirt?

No...I just ordered the DVD. I have a lot of Spurs T-shirts already and I don't really wear hats that often. You order from Amazon.com also? Where do you live?

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I don't know why I found it so funny when Rasho was interviewed giving his thoughts on the season

Probably, because you are a hater. Sound about right? I thought so.

How can anyone begrudge Rasho the only 5 seconds of DVD time he was given???!?!??!
Rasho was our starting center up until the time he was injured. It is not Rah's fault he sprained his ankle.
Since Rasho's come here he's done everything he could to help our team whenever he was able.
He earned his ring just like everyone else did.

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
It's okay, Rasho. ( Poljubs!) = )

Coach Pop and I appreciate you!

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Probably, because you are a hater. Sound about right? I thought so.

How can anyone begrudge Rasho the only 5 seconds of DVD time he was given???!?!??!
Rasho was our starting center up until the time he was injured. It is not Rah's fault he sprained his ankle.
Since Rasho's come here he's done everything he could to help our team whenever he was able.
He earned his ring just like everyone else did.

Rasho is not much of a talker... and yeah most of us think he underachieved, you might say he was a starter or that he was picked by Pop... but most of us criticize him by his skill, not his looks.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I am disappointed that I have to wait! I ordered the NBA package right after the Spurs won and yesterday I received an e-mail “we are currently out-of-stock and will be shipped within 2 weeks”

I ordered the DVD from amazon.com last week or so and got it yesterday.

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Say what you want about me, but Rasho didn't get drafted in the NBA signed as a starter with a lucrative salary on two play off contention teams based merely on his great looks and personality.

The boy can play!!!!!!!!!

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Say what you want about me, but Rasho didn't get drafted in the NBA signed as a starter with a lucrative salary on two play off contention teams based merely on his great looks and personality.

Rasho fans are acting like Malik fans now...

Good grief.
:rolleyes

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Yea, I ordered mine weeks ago, but since it has to be shipped to Philly, I own't get it for another week or so they said.

ugh, Rub it in why don't you! :depressed

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Rasho fans are acting like Malik fans now...

Good grief.
:rolleyes

As for me, I am one and the same. :lol

( Except I wasn't in love with Malik. I just think he has a great spirit. I still miss Malik a lot.)

spur219
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Rasho got drafted because he was a decent 7ft center and was young back then and was considered a project. I don't hate Rasho but I don't think he should remain a Spur. He has underacheived.

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM

BTW... did you mean the 2 Spurs teams? I really hope you didn't call Minnesota a contender at the time Rasho was with them.

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Rasho got drafted because he was a decent 7ft center and was young back then and was considered a project. I don't hate Rasho but I don't think he should remain a Spur. He has underacheived.

Just because Rasho doesn't score 8 or 9 points a game doesn't mean he's underachieved. Many Spurs fans tend to look at the boxscore and nothing else.:rolleyes

When DRob retired, Spurs were looking for a replacement that would rebound, block, and defend the paint alongside Tim Duncan. And Rasho managed to do all three successfully for a season and 1/2 that he was a starter.

Nazr gives you offensive rebounding and more points. Rasho gives you excellent defense, shot blocking, and defensive rebounding.

They are not that far away from each other talentwise.

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Just because Rasho doesn't score 8 or 9 points a game doesn't mean he's underachieved. Many Spurs fans tend to look at the boxscore and nothing else.:rolleyes

When DRob retired, Spurs were looking for a replacement that would rebound, block, and defend the paint alongside Tim Duncan. And Rasho managed to do all three successfully for a season and 1/2 that he was a starter.

Nazr gives you offensive rebounding and more points. Rasho gives you excellent defense, shot blocking, and defensive rebounding.

They are not that far away from each other talentwise.

I was hoping for better Free Throw Percentage, atleast higher than 50%

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I was hoping for better Free Throw Percentage, atleast higher than 50%

:lol Well, he's a Spur....I almost expected it.

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
:lol Well, he's a Spur....I almost expected it.

Yeah... but c'mon.... 40+%?

That's lower than Spurlike....

We are in the 60s...

It's a sign!

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah... but c'mon.... 40+%?

That's lower than Spurlike....

We are in the 60s...

It's a sign!

If we factored in FT shooting when evaluating Spurs talent....half the team would be gone! :lol

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL about the free throws!

By now, I ought to know better to say anything in Rasho's defense and expect postive results.

Everyone here knows how partial I am to Rah. Because of that, no one ever gives my thoughts any credibility.

That may be fair. Maybe my devotion to my Baby has altered my judgment.

Tis okay, I can live with it. = )

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:46 PM
If we factored in FT shooting when evaluating Spurs talent....half the team would be gone! :lol

Trade Timmy! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hehe! Kidding!

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Trade Timmy! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hehe! Kidding!

Tim's our second best ft shooter in the lineup...

isn't that sad?

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Everyone here knows how partial I am to Rah. Because of that, no one ever gives my thoughts any credibility.

It's ok....Half the posters in here are Manu homers...and I don't give them any credibility either. :smokin

1Parker1
07-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Tim's our second best ft shooter in the lineup...

isn't that sad?

Wow. I didn't even realize that! Wait, isn't Nazr better than Tim at the line?

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow. I didn't even realize that! Wait, isn't Nazr better than Tim at the line?

Well.... I really doubt it, I really can't tell actually..

Tim's been on the line more...and on the road to the finals he was our best ft shooter perhaps...

I'm not sure.

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Tim is really our second best free throw shooter?????

I know he has improved by leaps and bounds in that department, but still...

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Second best in the lineup...

Not the team.

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Wow! Did we ever get off topic... sorry! My fault!

So, how about that championship DVD?????

= )

Sense
07-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah how about it...

I don't have it....

:depressed

angel_luv
07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
It is fantastic! I have watched some part of it every day since I first got it at the Midnight Release!

It's worth the wait! Think happy thoughts! = )

EasilyAmused
07-21-2005, 04:16 PM
No...I just ordered the DVD. I have a lot of Spurs T-shirts already and I don't really wear hats that often. You order from Amazon.com also? Where do you live?

No, I got it on nba.com I got the whole package on June 25. I live in McAllen TX

wow, that was quick.

Manu20
07-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I bought mine last night at Wal-Mart.

My favorite part is watching the 4th quarter of game 7.

Summers
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I bought mine last night at Wal-Mart.

:lol Are you in the wrong forum?

Guh! Still waiting for mine! :( I was thinking it'd come today... but I'm still waiting.

Benosgirl14
07-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I still need to buy my dvd

Mixability
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Did anyone order the SI package, because I did and have yet to receive anything... :depressed

Dre_7
07-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Havent read many of the posts in this thread, but I got mine today. And I totally forgot about the "I dont give them any respect. NONE!" quote by JJames until I watched the DVD. I literally laughed out loud when I heard that again!

Hey James, do you still not respect them??? :lol

Good DVD. Only wish they would have shown more angles of Big Shot Robs game 5 "daddies day dagger" or whatever its called.

newbiefan
07-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Not to get off the subject, but... is there, are there, was there ever, a dvd of the 99championship run,.. if so, where can I get one. Saw a ??5?? disc one for sale at ebay, but not sure that is what I am looking for.

ALVAREZ6
07-21-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm going to buy mine at Best Buy tomorrow...cannot wait.

bigzak25
07-21-2005, 07:47 PM
they need to release a dvd version of the 99 season, but i only know of the vhs tape, unless someone has burned a dvd copy...allegedly.

GrandeDavid
07-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Can some of you guys please give me a comparison of the 2003 and 2005 DVDs? Which did you like better and why?

tophy7
07-29-2005, 09:40 PM

rofl.

I just watched the game and it happened when 6:18 to go in the 3rd when Duncan got his own rebound over Mcdyess to get the 3 point play and Sheed said "Cheating motherfuckers man, cheating mother.." and then the camera moves away.

wildbill2u
07-29-2005, 09:46 PM

LOL

grammer? You could ask him to spell check.

Summers
07-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Finally got caught up reading through this whole thread. Anyway, back on topic... :lol

Don't remember which game, but they showed the starting 5 huddling up before a game and Tim pushed Nazr away. Nazr laughed and stepped back into the huddle and everyone put their arms around each other. I thought it was funny.

Since we're comparing the two discs, I have to flashback to 03 and say one of the funniest things ever is when Pop is getting after Tony for talking to the press and Tony says, "I'm just trying to be nice to them like you, Pop!"

samikeyp
07-30-2005, 10:32 AM
My favorite was when Bruce pointed to Tim and said..."he just needs a hug" and walks over and without even looking, Tim puts his hand out and shoves Bruce in the chest....Bruce replies "maybe not right now, though" cracks me up. :)

Ginofan
07-30-2005, 10:48 AM
My favorite was when Bruce pointed to Tim and said..."he just needs a hug" and walks over and without even looking, Tim puts his hand out and shoves Bruce in the chest....Bruce replies "maybe not right now, though" cracks me up. :)

That's one of my favorites too Mikey. And after they win they look at each other and go for the hug, too cute!

Summers
08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I know this is an ancient thread, but I just noticed, when the Spurs got in from Detroit after game 5, Rob's wearing a t-shirt that says "appoggiatura". :lol

angel_luv
08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Ancient but a great thread, if I did start it myself. :lol

Didn't Pop give the whole team a shirt like that?

I believe the word's literal meaning is an embellishing note or tone preceding an essential melodic note. I can't remeber what Pop meant by it though. Seems sort of random.

Spurminator
08-15-2005, 09:24 AM
So, maybe this has been addressed before, but I'm curious... Is there any difference between the DVD sold at Best Buy and the one sold at HEB?

I was in San Antonio over the weekend and I picked up a copy at HEB ($12.99), but my brother got one at Best Buy for $24.99. From looking at them, there didn't appear to be any difference. If they're identical, why would anyone buy it at Best Buy?

Summers
08-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Ancient but a great thread, if I did start it myself. :lol

Didn't Pop give the whole team a shirt like that?

I believe the word's literal meaning is an embellishing note or tone preceding an essential melodic note. I can't remeber what Pop meant by it though. Seems sort of random.

It was in an article... Pop asked them if they'd seen the spelling bee and if anyone could spell the winning word (nobody could) and Manu and the other foreigners were like, "Bee? Where's the bee?" :lol

angel_luv
08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
It was in an article... Pop asked them if they'd seen the spelling bee and if anyone could spell the winning word (nobody could) and Manu and the other foreigners were like, "Bee? Where's the bee?" :lol

Bet our foreign boys were like, " Wow! No wonder America leads the free world, even their bees are smart!"

spurschick
08-15-2005, 11:35 AM
There is a small black banner that says "appoggiatura" outside of the restaurant where they had their celebration party that night. :spin

angel_luv
08-15-2005, 11:45 AM
= )

Ishta
08-15-2005, 11:47 AM

beirmeistr
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
I can't help but notice in the bonus feature on Tim Duncan's background that the Virgin Islanders being interviewed had a certain accent, yet Tim does not. Did he lose it in college?

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2005, 02:42 PM
So, maybe this has been addressed before, but I'm curious... Is there any difference between the DVD sold at Best Buy and the one sold at HEB?

I was in San Antonio over the weekend and I picked up a copy at HEB ($12.99), but my brother got one at Best Buy for $24.99. From looking at them, there didn't appear to be any difference. If they're identical, why would anyone buy it at Best Buy?

your brother got hosed,

btw i think the 03 dvd was better.

angel_luv
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't help but notice in the bonus feature on Tim Duncan's background that the Virgin Islanders being interviewed had a certain accent, yet Tim does not. Did he lose it in college?

Good point. Now I'm curious.

T Park
08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
03 DVD was superior in this sense.

You got to see the clinching quarters in the first, second and third rounds.

Ive always wanted an option where you could buy all the WINS, but, the 03 DVD was good enough, and I loved living over and over the comeback vs Dallas, the blowout VS LA, the comeback vs New Jersey, and the toughness against Phoenix.

This one just gives you VS Detroit.

Hell the 4ths vs Seattle, Denver, and Phoenix in the clinching games were just as tough!!!

Thats the biggest thing that bothers me.

The whole storyline I guess you could say, other than the bonus features was better.

I liked the Narrator better in 99 than 03 and 05.

Mixability
08-16-2005, 04:01 PM

Ive always wanted an option where you could buy all the WINS, but, the 03 DVD was good enough, and I loved living over and over the comeback vs Dallas, the blowout VS LA, the comeback vs New Jersey, and the toughness against Phoenix.

Hell the 4ths vs Seattle, Denver, and Phoenix in the clinching games were just as tough!!!

The whole storyline I guess you could say, other than the bonus features was better.

It'd be better for you if they had the complete WCF and Finals games on the DVD, since you gave up after Game 4 vs the Sonics, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

NZHayden
08-16-2005, 04:28 PM
any sean marks in the dvd

Spurminator
08-16-2005, 04:30 PM
I believe he's shown helping Duncan off the court during the Pistons regular season game.

T Park
08-16-2005, 06:03 PM
It'd be better for you if they had the complete WCF and Finals games on the DVD, since you gave up after Game 4 vs the Sonics, right?

The horse is now dust.

Get a new fuckin line chode.

I would like to see the closing 4th of game 5 vs Phoenix, cause i was on the road and in a hotel that didnt HAVE ESPN the night of game 5, I was relying on breaking up WOAI on a shortwave radio and a phone.

Trainwreck2100
08-16-2005, 06:39 PM

The music video was crappy.

j-6
08-16-2005, 06:41 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I didn't think he gave up until after game 4 vs. the Pistons.