PDA

View Full Version : Duncan and Corey Joseph

InRareForm
07-25-2013, 10:43 PM
My buddy works at the airport in southern california (santa barbara) and he said a couple spurs players flew in for the day.

Anyone else seen any Spurs players this Summer travelling?

playblair
07-25-2013, 11:06 PM
blair visited vegas & miami ..........................

FvckMavs
07-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Bad title, very bad....

Baam
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Bad title, very bad....

:lmao

Guess Cory got Bonner-like immunity now.

milkyway21
07-25-2013, 11:29 PM
My buddy works at the airport in southern california (santa barbara) and he said a couple spurs players flew in for the day.

Anyone else seen any Spurs players this Summer travelling?

You really want us to answer your question? or you want us to talk about your misleading thread title?

Grrr!

Kool Bob Love
07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Tim Duncan just getting to know the PG he should have played with for 10 years.

http://binaryapi.ap.org/f6f8acf34b9049e583d6679c9ed48bc8/512x.jpg

dallasmaverickslose
07-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Waiting for Manu/Pop haters to infuse their irrelevant takes into this...

DapDaGenius
07-25-2013, 11:41 PM
It is the vacation for the initiation.

Tim Duncan turns out Cory, like how David Robinson turned out Tim.

DJR210
07-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Is Corey going to be the new "roommate"?

Juggity
07-25-2013, 11:48 PM
:lol Koolaid_Man incoming

CitizenDwayne
Is this some kinda Liberace/Scott Thorson situation?

PlayNando
Maybe Amy was right, tbh.

:lol

HI-FI
07-25-2013, 11:56 PM
:lmao at this thread.

life with the internet, even a possible bromance has to be shared with everyone.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Pacers' Hibbert to train with Tim Duncan yet again

Roy Hibbert, a mammoth 7-foot-2 center that engulfs the entire paint, received heavy interest in restricted free agency just one year ago. The Portland Trail Blazers signed him to a four-year, $58 million offer sheet, which the Indiana Pacers promptly matched to retain their young center.

Hibbert, with a maximum contract under his belt, began the season with a bang -- except not the bang Indiana intended. In his first 16 games, Hibbert averaged 9.4 points and 8.3 rebounds per game while making just 38.5 percent of his shots. He still swatted three shots a game, an elite figure, but Indiana's offense, with little off the bounce creativity and an ineffective interior option, scored fewer points per 100 possessions than just two teams (Washington and Orlando) per NBA.com.

It was a complete disaster. Hibbert eventually reasserted himself on the offensive end, and became a dominant two-way force in the Eastern Conference finals.

Hibbert still has a few flaws in his game -- finishing at the rim, namely -- and he will continue to work with Tim Duncan during the offseason as he did in a previous offseason (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CD0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projectspurs.com%2F2011-articles%2Foctober%2Flocked-out-players-flock-to-san-antonio-train-with-duncan.html&ei=o-HtUfuEGYjU9QS0k4DgCg&usg=AFQjCNFqKadgObxRRnOG_ik9HknbTlkRkw&sig2=S-dV858QTq6HEw9oh4Oh3Q&bvm=bv.49478099,d.eWU). That's probably a good choice, don't you think?

Via Blue Collar Gold Swagger:

“I usually work out with Tim [Duncan]. I like to keep myself a secret, but then I’ll go off to San Antonio to work out with Tim for a week or two, probably in August. He likes to get started after August.”

Hibbert and Duncan share many similarities. They're both really tall and play for small market teams. They occasionally miff the media -- Hibbert made a derogatory homosexual comment in a postgame conference during the Eastern Conference finals and, well, Duncan is just really boring. They anchor their respective defensive units, covering for their teammates miscues and deterring opponent penetration -- without their guidance, neither team would boast top five defensive efficiency numbers.

So it makes sense that they've became good friends. They even exchange scouting reports, and texts during the regular season.

It's a mutually beneficial marriage -- Hibbert, 26, can pick the brain of one of the most effective post scorers in NBA history. Duncan, 37, has an effective vehicle to help refine his game.

Hibbert is at a very different career trajectory, but he also shares championship aspirations with Duncan, whose losing prime opportunities to snatch his fifth title with every passing year. http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/july/pacers-hibbert-to-train-with-tim-duncan-yet-again.html

DJR210
07-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Hibbert and Duncan are gonna bang down low with Corey practicing his entries. (passes I mean)

PlayNando
07-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Hibbert and Duncan are gonna bang down low with Corey practicing his entries. (passes I mean)
Oh...................................

TheyCallMePro
07-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Oh god...did you even think about the title of this thread before posting?