PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and take Korver and Green off the board (Philly FAs)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2005, 06:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2111850

ducks
07-19-2005, 06:30 PM
espn site takes forever to load

ducks
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Philly to lock in on pair of restricted free agents
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Reserves Kyle Korver and Willie Green have agreed to return to the Philadelphia Sixers, a person familiar with the deals said Tuesday.

Kyle Korver
Small Forward
Philadelphia 76ers

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
82 11.5 4.6 2.2 .418 .854

The contracts cannot officially be announced until Friday under NBA rules. But a person within the league, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the deals for the restricted free agents were in place.

Korver and Green were second-round picks acquired in separate trades on the night of the 2003 draft.

The Sixers declined comment.

Korver, a 6-foot-6 forward, played in all 82 regular-season games last season and averaged 11.5 points and 4.6 rebounds in 32.5 minutes. He started 57 games and led the team with 226 3-pointers.

Green, a 6-foot-2 guard, averaged 7.7 points and 2.3 rebounds in 57 games while getting inconsistent playing time under former coach Jim O'Brien.

Willie Green
Shooting Guard
Philadelphia 76ers

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
57 7.7 2.3 1.8 .366 .776

He thrived as a sub whenever Allen Iverson was injured, including a 32-point effort against Washington in January. O'Brien, though, did not think undersized guards Green and Iverson worked well defensively together.

The Sixers had the right to match another NBA team's offer for any one of the players. Players have been allowed to negotiate with teams since July 1 and can sign starting Friday.

Philadelphia is still negotiating with center Samuel Dalembert, also a restricted free agent and its first-round pick in 2001. Team president Billy King said at the end of the season all three players would return to the Sixers.

AI-square
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid D
07-19-2005, 06:48 PM
espn site takes forever to load

You must have that virus. :hat

ducks
07-19-2005, 06:50 PM
lol

I hate sites with alot of ads

Speed Meter

Your bandwidth was clocked at
2.98 Mbps @ www.2wire.com click on speed meter test
:elephant

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Told you guys a while back, don't know if anyone remembers, but I knew Korver was going to be a Sixer. This is no surprise, GM Billy King has been saying for a long time that he wants to keep his young talents, which includes Korver, Green, and Iguodala. Green is underrated. He gets no minutes, but he is a hell of a player when he plays the whole game. This season, he played nothing compared to the 03-04 season, which was his rookie year. I hope that the Sixers actually play Green this season so he can develop into a good player in this league.

AI-square
07-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Told you guys a while back, don't know if anyone remembers, but I knew Korver was going to be a Sixer. This is no surprise, GM Billy King has been saying for a long time that he wants to keep his young talents, which includes Korver, Green, and Iguodala. Green is underrated. He gets no minutes, but he is a hell of a player when he plays the whole game. This season, he played nothing compared to the 03-04 season, which was his rookie year. I hope that the Sixers actually play Green this season so he can develop into a good player in this league.

You can blame Jim "Fit into my system" O'Brien for that. I'm very optimistic about the coming season. I'm sure Korver will be allowed to do more than shoot treys and Green will have more minutes.

I'm just hoping that we can keep Dalembert. He'll get much more minutes and I'll be disappointed if he leaves us to join Atlanta, seeing as we have a better chance of making the playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was some limb you went out on Alvarez, expecting Philly to keep Korver :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm sure Korver will be allowed to do more than shoot treys
I don't really think that's O'Brien's fault for Korver's amount of 3's taken...

Korver is probably the best 3 point shooter in the league, well at least in my opinion, but he has to start thinking...he shoots way too many forced 3 pointers. It's just catch and shoot for him. No matter when he gets it, he's shootin the 3 ball.

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that was some limb you went out on Alvarez, expecting Philly to keep Korver :lol
Shut up dude....I was just saying that I was positive that he was staying. It was when people wanted Korver to be Spur.

AI-square
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't really think that's O'Brien's fault for Korver's amount of 3's taken...

Korver is probably the best 3 point shooter in the league, well at least in my opinion, but he has to start thinking...he shoots way too many forced 3 pointers. It's just catch and shoot for him. No matter when he gets it, he's shootin the 3 ball.

When I mentioned O'Brien I was referring more to Green's minutes, my bad. I agree Korver needs to work on a more all-round game instead of just catching and shooting. But he has lots of time on his side.

Duff McCartney
07-19-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't even thinkg these guys were on the Spurs board. The Spurs need a long 3, and Korver isn't a long 3.

ALVAREZ6
07-19-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree Korver needs to work on a more all-round game instead of just catching and shooting. But he has lots of time on his side.
I have a feeling that Korver is the next Steve Kerr...

He really isn't athletic enough to drive and do other things with the basketball. If he had a nice fade from the post, then he would be dangerous.