PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tbh Leonard is the real deal

Calispursfan11
07-26-2013, 08:28 AM
All-Star at worst, budding superstar at best. His seven foot wingspan makes him a formidable defender and offender in this league. His work ethic and living with momma near the gym hearken back to the old school basketball player ala Hoosiers, when the towns were small but the dreams of basketball immortality were huge. He has a work ethic similar to that of Michael Jordan (before the Bobcats and shitty troll MJ). No, he is not Michael Jordan but Kawhi has some of that Larry, Magic, MJ greatness in him. Pop simply needs to unleash that mothafucka. Dare I say he is something close to a franchise player, like Manu could have been had he not had the support of the other big two during his prime years... Spurfans, we never had to rebuild like the Lakers and Celtics did. We did it on the fly with a little luck and lot of skill from the FO. Genius tbh. Kawhi will be an all star next year or the following one and then the sky's the limit from there :toast

AchillesHeel
07-26-2013, 08:39 AM
He needs to keep working on his J, he could be a 20 ppg scorer one day. His ORTG is mad high and he's a great defender, he already has a higher ORTG Kirby's ever had in his career and his WS/48 this season was higher than Kirby's.

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
All-Star at worst, budding superstar at best. His seven foot wingspan makes him a formidable defender and offender in this league. His work ethic and living with momma near the gym hearken back to the old school basketball player ala Hoosiers, when the towns were small but the dreams of basketball immortality were huge. He has a work ethic similar to that of Michael Jordan (before the Bobcats and shitty troll MJ). No, he is not Michael Jordan but Kawhi has some of that Larry, Magic, MJ greatness in him. Pop simply needs to unleash that mothafucka. Dare I say he is something close to a franchise player, like Manu could have been had he not had the support of the other big two during his prime years... Spurfans, we never had to rebuild like the Lakers and Celtics did. We did it on the fly with a little luck and lot of skill from the FO. Genius tbh. Kawhi will be an all star next year or the following one and then the sky's the limit from there :toast

only chance of that happening is getting rid of the 3 TOSB

Calispursfan11
07-26-2013, 08:45 AM
He needs to keep working on his J, he could be a 20 ppg scorer one day. His ORTG is mad high and he's a great defender, he already has a higher ORTG Kirby's ever had in his career and his WS/48 this season was higher than Kirby's.

The potential is there tbh as you pointed out.

Calispursfan11
07-26-2013, 08:46 AM
only chance of that happening is getting rid of the 3 TOSB

No TOSBs on this team. Manu close but not completely done yet.

Arnold Toht
07-26-2013, 08:59 AM
If this nigga hits that free throw with 15 seconds left, I wouldn't exist.

Calispursfan11
07-26-2013, 09:06 AM
If this nigga hits that free throw with 15 seconds left, I wouldn't exist.

Shut up Nazi troll :lol

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Spurs most likely aren't done rebuilding on the fly. Losing Duncan, and only having Kawhi & Parker to carry the team, would probably make us a lottery team.

Spurs need to work some magic in the next few seasons, securing an exceptional big man.
If any FO can do it, Spurs.

JamStone
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Spurs need to work some magic in the next few seasons, securing an exceptional big man.
If any FO can do it, Spurs.

Are you suggesting the Spurs become a lottery team in the next few seasons and work some magic by winning the lottery?

Because the only times the Spurs secured an exceptional big man by working some magic was by winning the lottery twice.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Sadly, this is true.

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I love Kawaiin Punch but let's not start throwing names like Larry and Jordan when discussing his potential just yet

AchillesHeel
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I love Kawaiin Punch but let's not start throwing names like Larry and Jordan when discussing his potential just yet

No one has, spurfans just think that he's an all-star talent, not a superstar. A good 2nd/3rd option on a championship team. This was just his 2nd season and he's been developing and he played big time in the Finals against Lebron. A great defender and a decent player on offense. With an improved jumper he could very well be a 17-20 ppg 8 rpg player = all-star.

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 01:02 PM
No one has, spurfans just think that he's an all-star talent, not a superstar. A good 2nd/3rd option on a championship team. This was just his 2nd season and he's been developing and he played big time in the Finals against Lebron. A great defender and a decent player on offense. With an improved jumper he could very well be a 17-20 ppg 8 rpg player = all-star.

Kawhi has some of that Larry, Magic, MJ greatness in him.

Like I said, I love Kawhi, but it's way too early to be saying things like that about him, you're talking about 3 of the top 5 to ever step on a basketball court

AchillesHeel
07-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Like I said, I love Kawhi, but it's way too early to be saying things like that about him, you're talking about 3 of the top 5 to ever step on a basketball court

Wow, I can't believe I missed that in the OP, lol if he actually thinks that way.

Katherine Robinson
07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
He is on his way to becoming an excellent utility player, but I see no franchise level potential from him.

Calispursfan11
07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
"Some of" that greatness tbh. I didn't say all of it. No, he's none of those three, but we see superstar potential not just because he is a great athlete but because of something intangible and rare. There are a lot of great athletes, but I'm talking killer instict and work ethic reminiscent of those guys. Getting there early, leaving late. Breathing the game. It's a mental love for the game and excellence thing.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
He'll be an important player on the future Spurs squad but the Spurs will still need to seek a replacement of Duncan once the brave man hangs his jersey imho. Kawhi ain't the right material to make a franchise player of, just a big role player or the #3 option on a winning team.

ohmwrecker
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
He'll be an important player on the future Spurs squad but the Spurs will still need to seek a replacement of Duncan once the brave man hangs his jersey imho. Kawhi ain't the right material to make a franchise player of, just a big role player or the #3 option on a winning team.

I think his ceiling is a solid #2 option. He is a really sharp defender, a fantastic rebounder at his position . He will never be a #1 option on offense, but he has no fear and his defense will always earn him easy buckets. In a couple of years, I could see Leonard playing a Pippen type role to another superstar once Duncan moves on. Hopefully, the Spurs FO will stay on point once "the big three era" is officially over.

elmanutres
07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
once duncan leaves, we will truly his real ceiling, see how he does carrying a team on his back

Thread
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
He had a hand in 6. Let us not forget that. We'll see how that monumental failure affects him next season. Me? I hope he does the dutch in the interim.

I don't relish Girl finding me in the closet again like a Thursday night not too long ago..."What are doing in there, Dale?" "Oh, those fucking Spurs are about to win a Title and those guys will tease me, uh, uh, honey-bun."...

"Why don't get a j*b?"

Katherine Robinson
07-26-2013, 09:28 PM
He had a hand in 6. Let us not forget that. We'll see how that monumental failure affects him next season. Me? I hope he does the dutch in the interim.

I don't relish Girl finding me in the closet again like a Thursday night not too long ago..."What are doing in there, Dale?" "Oh, those fucking Spurs are about to win a Title and those guys will tease me, uh, uh, honey-bun."...

"Why don't get a j*b?"

Why don't you get a job, Dale?

You lazy fuck, you.