PDA

View Full Version : According to TGY, TP and Manu Should not have existed or ........

Diego20
07-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Hey, according to our famouse (?) member TGY, Spurs would have 5 rings now if TP and Manu should not have existed :nope. Yes, he thinks that TD could have done everything by his own or maybe TP and Manu should have retired in 2007 with the ring.

His favorite starting lineup:

Duncan
Duncan
Duncan
Robinson
Duncan

or maybe this:

random player
random player ---------> with this lineup Spurs would have 5 rings!! :lol
random player
random player
Duncan

lol, GTFO and stop quoting yourself. I said it once, you are not fan of Spurs, you are fan of TD and that's all.

RD2191
07-26-2013, 09:51 AM
This is a stupid fukin thread.

Diego20
07-26-2013, 09:53 AM
This is a stupid fukin thread.

No it's not, the person I'm talking about is. Or maybe you are right, a stupid threat for a stupid member.

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
No it's not, the person I'm talking about is.

And that person should be ashamed of themselves for being so caustic because the Spurs exceeded expectations this year!

Diego20
07-26-2013, 10:04 AM
And that person should be ashamed of themselves for being so caustic because the Spurs exceeded expectations this year!

Yes they did! But this person probably thinks that if our lineup was

random player
random player
random player (or Green, just to guard Lebron (?) )
Kawhi
Duncan

Spurs would have won the ring.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Haha yeah apparently since they were role players in 03, that doesn't count as them winning a title. Lol dyslexic logic

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
butthurt thread #4 aimed specifically at TheGreatYacht :lol

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I am ashamed that they call themselves Spurs fans and then cut some of them down over and over again no matter what the thread subject is until you get sick just reading their posts. That is why I defend the team and certain players on the team, and not because I am ( insert players name here) lover or hater.
It is one thing to criticize like we do Bonner, but another entirely when we whip a dead horse over and over again.
I am ashamed they consider themselves Spurs fans because this is what Mav, Heat, and Laker fans do.
I thought we were above that crap!

Diego20
07-26-2013, 10:23 AM
I am ashamed that they call themselves Spurs fans and then cut some of them down over and over again no matter what the thread subject is until you get sick just reading their posts. That is why I defend the team and certain players on the team, and not because I am ( insert players name here) lover or hater.
It is one thing to criticize like we do Bonner, but another entirely when we whip a dead horse over and over again.
I am ashamed they consider themselves Spurs fans because this is what Mav, Heat, and Laker fans do.
I thought we were above that crap!

You are right, I started to see Spurs in 2003 since I'm from Argentina and Manu plays by Spurs. But when Manu, TD (best player I've seen, I did not have the chance to see Jordan or others) and TP don't play for Spurs anymore, I will keep watching Spurs for sure, because I'm a Spurs Fan, not like A PERSON OF THIS FORUM that won't watch Spurs anymore when TD retires.

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm a diehard Spurs fan, don't ever get that twisted, but to act like players on the San Antonio Spurs are excused from any criticism because they play for the San Antonio Spurs is ridiculous. Obviously some people take it too far but I've said it a million times that Tim/Tony took far less money than they could've gotten on the open market and Manu took more than he could have. The other two sacrificed for the team so they could win now. Manu didn't. Ignoring the past, because we have a small window so let's focus on the present, these are undisputed facts.

Following his mostly atrocious play in the playoffs (save for the game tying shot against GSW and Games 5 & 7 of the NBA Finals), and knowing that taken just a few million less per season would give the Spurs the opportunity to offer a player like Kirilenko a contract, most likely ensuring their return to the Finals (barring health), Ginobili should be criticized for not sacrificing the way Tim has done to maximize our flexibility and ability to add quality talent to the roster in the waning years of their careers. Yes, I know it's easy to talk about someone's money, but the reality is the dude got paid 14 million the year before which was definitely not worth his level of play and in San Antonio, he will always be able to make money doing advertising because let's face it, he speaks Spanish so he is massively popular in South Texas, not to mention Argentina. So to act like he was hurting for the money is ludicrous, and if he was really all about winning he would've sacrificed 2-3 million for the team. At least that is how I feel about it. But he is still my 2nd favorite Spur ever and I will root for him all the same. Live with Manu, die with Manu imo

Diego20
07-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm a diehard Spurs fan, don't ever get that twisted, but to act like players on the San Antonio Spurs are excused from any criticism because they play for the San Antonio Spurs is ridiculous. Obviously some people take it too far but I've said it a million times that Tim/Tony took far less money than they could've gotten on the open market and Manu took more than he could have. The other two sacrificed for the team so they could win now. Manu didn't. Ignoring the past, because we have a small window so let's focus on the present, these are undisputed facts.

Following his mostly atrocious play in the playoffs (save for the game tying shot against GSW and Games 5 & 7 of the NBA Finals), and knowing that taken just a few million less per season would give the Spurs the opportunity to offer a player like Kirilenko a contract, most likely ensuring their return to the Finals (barring health), Ginobili should be criticized for not sacrificing the way Tim has done to maximize our flexibility and ability to add quality talent to the roster in the waning years of their careers. Yes, I know it's easy to talk about someone's money, but the reality is the dude got paid 14 million the year before which was definitely not worth his level of play and in San Antonio, he will always be able to make money doing advertising because let's face it, he speaks Spanish so he is massively popular in South Texas, not to mention Argentina. So to act like he was hurting for the money is ludicrous, and if he was really all about winning he would've sacrificed 2-3 million for the team. At least that is how I feel about it. But he is still my 2nd favorite Spur ever and I will root for him all the same. Live with Manu, die with Manu imo

Manu took a lot less money what he deserved between 2005-2008. Even he deserved a MVP and it was not given to him. Add up all the money he has earned all over his years and divide it for years he has played and you will see. :toast

Btw Manu sacrificed 50% of his salary is not that much for you? o.O

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 10:54 AM

And I applaud you because to my way of thinking that is RATIONAL criticism and is NOT the :deadhorse kind that we all know the ones responsible for.
But let's not forget he took a 50% reduction in pay this time around for the good of the team, just like TD did.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 11:00 AM
OP is such a fucking moron. I challenge that retarded OP (Manutard) to find a quote where I said that the “Spurs would have 5 rings now if TP and Manu should not have existed.” I've said plenty of times that championships are team accomplishments and that ring counting is for idiots.

Bill Russell has more rings than MJ but that don’t mean that Bill Russell was better than MJ. That is why whenever the Popsuckers and Manutards tell me that “the Spurs would not have 4 rings without Pop and Manu” I just coma back and tell them that the Spurs would have ZERO rings without Tim Duncan.

OP is damn right that Tim Duncan is my favorite player. I became a diehard Spurs fan in 1999 when Tim Duncan got drafted because I watched Tim Duncan in college. I was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. I’m a diehard Spurs and Tim Duncan fan and nothing will ever change that.

Yes that Argentinian washed up SG acted like a greedy SOB not taking less $$$. Maybe it could’ve been the FO’s fault for offering him a blank check or maybe they were just stupid enough to offer the $14.5 M right off the bat.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 11:03 AM
And I applaud you because to my way of thinking that is RATIONAL criticism and is NOT the :deadhorse kind that we all know the ones responsible for.
But let's not forget he took a 50% reduction in pay this time around for the good of the team, just like TD did.
Manu took a lot less money what he deserved between 2005-2008. Even he deserved a MVP and it was not given to him. Add up all the money he has earned all over his years and divide it for years he has played and you will see. :toast

Tim Duncan took a pay cut from his market value, something that Manu failed to do.

LMAO, you'll are so fucking stupid. Your blind homerism and love for Manu has clearly clouded your judgment.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 11:04 AM

Following his mostly atrocious play in the playoffs (save for the game tying shot against GSW and Games 5 & 7 of the NBA Finals), and knowing that taken just a few million less per season would give the Spurs the opportunity to offer a player like Kirilenko a contract, most likely ensuring their return to the Finals (barring health), Ginobili should be criticized for not sacrificing the way Tim has done to maximize our flexibility and ability to add quality talent to the roster in the waning years of their careers. Yes, I know it's easy to talk about someone's money, but the reality is the dude got paid 14 million the year before which was definitely not worth his level of play and in San Antonio, he will always be able to make money doing advertising because let's face it, he speaks Spanish so he is massively popular in South Texas, not to mention Argentina. So to act like he was hurting for the money is ludicrous, and if he was really all about winning he would've sacrificed 2-3 million for the team. At least that is how I feel about it. But he is still my 2nd favorite Spur ever and I will root for him all the same. Live with Manu, die with Manu imoWe’ll never know how exactly how the contract negotiations went but correct thing for Manu to do was to tell the FO “you’ll do whatever you’ll need to do to get all the necessary help. I want to make sure that our team gets back to the NBA finals. Don’t worry about me, I will retire a Spur. Sign all the necessary missing pieces and then we’ll talk about my contract.” Of course Matt Bonner would have had to be traded or amnestied as well.

Pop and Manu handed the championships to the Heat. Manu made the most mistakes on the court in Game 6 therefore he is the most responsible player for pulling the biggest choke in NBA finals history.

Pop is just as responsible, if not more, for trying to manage player minutes, subbing out players when they have the hot hand, and not benching Manu despite how pathetic he was playing all this happening in Game 6. Pop let coach Spoelstra impose his will on him. Pop outcoached himself. How long has Pop gone senile for?

Diego20
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
OP is such a fucking moron. I challenge that retarded OP (Manutard) to find a quote where I said that the “Spurs would have 5 rings now if TP and Manu should not have existed.” I've said plenty of times that championships are team accomplishments and that ring counting is for idiots.

Bill Russell has more rings than MJ but that don’t mean that Bill Russell was better than MJ. That is why whenever the Popsuckers and Manutards tell me that “the Spurs would not have 4 rings without Pop and Manu” I just tell them that the Spurs would have ZERO rings without Tim Duncan.

OP is damn right that Tim Duncan is my favorite player. I became a diehard Spurs fan in 1999 when Tim Duncan got drafted because I watched Tim Duncan in college. I was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. I’m a diehard Spurs and Tim Duncan fan and nothing will ever change that.

Yes that Argentinian washed up SG acted like a greedy SOB not taking less $$$. Maybe it could’ve been the FO’s fault for offering him a blank check or maybe they were just stupid enough to offer the $14.5 M right off the bat.

I want you to say this: "Spurs would have 2 rings (because the ring of 2003-2004 does not count for you) without TP and Manu, because they did their job those years. Come on say it now. If you don't say that, then you clearly think that Spurs would have 5 rings (or 4) WITHOUT TP AND MANU and that's not true.

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Two things:

1. I said forget about shit that happened in the past and quit bringing up money he already made. Between 2005-2008 he could've gotten more money for Denver, yes, but it was not some massively substantial amount more. He also would have 0 championships, so he benefited greatly from staying in San Antonio, becoming a champion, and gaining tons of media exposure here and internationally because of him winning 3 titles. That would never have happened in Denver.

2. Him taking a 50% paycut is irrelevant, because not a single team would pay him 14 million this season, so let's not act like he could've gotten what he made last year from anyone, Spurs included. All-NBA First Team member Tim Duncan could still be making 20 million a season. That's the difference between him taking a paycut from 20 million to 10 million because he could still be making that 20 million. Ginobili, on the other hand, sure as hell isn't getting 14 million from anyone and I really have a hard time believing anyone outside of San Antonio would've given him 14 million over the next two seasons. On the other hand, ANY team in the NBA would most likely give Tim Duncan 15+ million a season AT LEAST. To compare Ginobili to Duncan is just laughable, especially considering their levels of production and how much one is outproducing the other for 3 million more a season now.

Chinook
07-26-2013, 11:11 AM
This is a terrible thread. No one cares that you just now figured out that you disagree with TGY. There were plenty of other threads for you to post this that didn't make you seem as attention-seeking as you do here.

Diego20
07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Duncan had a bad year in 2010-2011 ( or at least his worst season) but the last two years were very good for him. Why don't expect the same for Manu? I don't think you talk that badly about TD in 2010-2011 same as you are doing now with Manu. Stop being a moron please.

This was the first bad season for Manu, calm down.

ElNono
07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
:sleep

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
You are right, I started to see Spurs in 2003 since I'm from Argentina and Manu plays by Spurs. But when Manu, TD (best player I've seen, I did not have the chance to see Jordan or others) and TP don't play for Spurs anymore, I will keep watching Spurs for sure, because I'm a Spurs Fan, not like A PERSON OF THIS FORUM that won't watch Spurs anymore when TD retires.
I want you to say this: "Spurs would have 2 rings (because the ring of 2003-2004 does not count for you) without TP and Manu, because they did their job those years. Come on say it now. If you don't say that, then you clearly think that Spurs would have 5 rings (or 4) WITHOUT TP AND MANU and that's not true. See what I highlighted in bold? :lmao That's enough for me to understand why you get so butt hurt whenever someone criticizes Manu.
And I applaud you because to my way of thinking that is RATIONAL criticism and is NOT the :deadhorse kind that we all know the ones responsible for. But let's not forget he took a 50% reduction in pay this time around for the good of the team, just like TD did.xmas1997 just follows along like a little sheep that has blind faith in the Pop & FO therefore I will not waste my time arguing with that person. xmass1997, you are the perfect definition of a Spurs homer. You're blind, and you ignore the shortcomings and failures of your favorite team. That is what's wrong with being a Spurs homer.

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Bill Russell has more rings than MJ but that don’t mean that Bill Russell was better than MJ. That is why whenever the Popsuckers and Manutards tell me that “the Spurs would not have 4 rings without Pop and Manu” I just coma back and tell them that the Spurs would have ZERO rings without Tim Duncan.

You're not a Spurs fan.

Kool Bob Love
07-26-2013, 11:17 AM
He's just a Duncan stan. Kinda like kobe fan boys.

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
He's just a Duncan stan. Kinda like kobe fan boys.

He's not even a true Duncan fan. He's not a Spurs fan. Period.

Diego20
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Two things:

1. I said forget about shit that happened in the past and quit bringing up money he already made. Between 2005-2008 he could've gotten more money for Denver, yes, but it was not some massively substantial amount more. He also would have 0 championships, so he benefited greatly from staying in San Antonio, becoming a champion, and gaining tons of media exposure here and internationally because of him winning 3 titles. That would never have happened in Denver.

2. Him taking a 50% paycut is irrelevant, because not a single team would pay him 14 million this season, so let's not act like he could've gotten what he made last year from anyone, Spurs included. All-NBA First Team member Tim Duncan could still be making 20 million a season. That's the difference between him taking a paycut from 20 million to 10 million because he could still be making that 20 million. Ginobili, on the other hand, sure as hell isn't getting 14 million from anyone and I really have a hard time believing anyone outside of San Antonio would've given him 14 million over the next two seasons. On the other hand, ANY team in the NBA would most likely give Tim Duncan 15+ million a season AT LEAST. To compare Ginobili to Duncan is just laughable, especially considering their levels of production and how much one is outproducing the other for 3 million more a season now.

What wrong you are!! Manu won a ring in his rookie season, so If you think like that, he would have one ring and no ZERO like you said :lol:lol

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 11:51 AM
:lol damn you got me there, huge brainfart on my part. But still, he wasn't much at the time, he really blew up in the 2005 playoffs and almost took a Finals MVP from Timmy, so 2005 is when he really took off and if he was in Denver instead he would have never had the chance to shine like that on the biggest stage. Rookie Manu was not the same as Obi-Wan Ginobili

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 11:56 AM
And once again, that is irrelevant because this last contract he got was good to him and he made a hell of a lot more money in the final year of it than he was really worth. Like I said, dude has made shit tons of cash either way and would've still got 4-5 million from SA, not to mention all the outside money he gets from endorsements here and in Argentina. He was a little selfish when it came to negotiations this time, and like I said, it's his money and I can't say I wouldn't do the same, but the guy is already loaded, and for someone who supposedly cares so much about winning and doing whatever it takes to win, he didn't take a below market value contract the way Tim and Tony did, he is fairly overpaid now, and was as well last season. Once again, don't bring up him taking less money on his first re-signing with the Spurs. His last contract made up for that, and the Spurs have always shown him faith despite his injury problems.

One more thing...had Ginobili ever gone to another team for money, he would've been asked to take on a bigger role and play a lot more minutes and if that were the case he'd have missed multiple playoffs and would probably be retired from the NBA by now. Pop managing his minutes is the best thing that could've ever happened for him

Diego20
07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
:lol damn you got me there, huge brainfart on my part. But still, he wasn't much at the time, he really blew up in the 2005 playoffs and almost took a Finals MVP from Timmy, so 2005 is when he really took off and if he was in Denver instead he would have never had the chance to shine like that on the biggest stage. Rookie Manu was not the same as Obi-Wan Ginobili

I don't think so.. With Anthony and Iverson in the Nuggets, why not thinking that Manu could have helped them to win a ring? Nuggets had good players. But is also true that Spurs had a better than Nuggets in those years, actually, Spurs always had better teams than Nuggets.

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
See what I highlighted in bold? :lmao That's enough for me to understand why you get so butt hurt whenever someone criticizes Manu. xmas1997 just follows along like a little sheep that has blind faith in the Pop & FO therefore I will not waste my time arguing with that person. xmass1997, you are the perfect definition of a Spurs homer. You're blind, and you ignore the shortcomings and failures of your favorite team. That is what's wrong with being a Spurs homer.

No butt hurt from me, but typical of you making stupid assinine juvenile assumptions because you can't come up with a rational argument without resorting to name calling.
Just further proves you are really a troll and NOT A true Spurs fan.
Plus you continue on with the Manu Pop BS even though most of us have heard it all before, and before, and before, and before, ....... you get my point!
I am quite confidant that the more you talk, the more you hang yourself with fallacious statements about the Spurs and about me and others, without any help from me.
What? Did they come down on you here for misrepresenting others posts with your copying and pasting.
Such a juvenile, you prove it with every post.:lmao

Before I forget: :troll with the :troll post :deadhorse. Good luck coming back to reality.

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
See what I highlighted in bold? :lmao That's enough for me to understand why you get so butt hurt whenever someone criticizes Manu. xmas1997 just follows along like a little sheep that has blind faith in the Pop & FO therefore I will not waste my time arguing with that person. xmass1997, you are the perfect definition of a Spurs homer. You're blind, and you ignore the shortcomings and failures of your favorite team. That is what's wrong with being a Spurs homer.

No butt hurt from me, but typical of you making stupid assinine juvenile assumptions because you can't come up with a rational argument without resorting to name calling.
Just further proves you are really a troll and NOT A true Spurs fan.
Plus you continue on with the Manu Pop BS even though most of us have heard it all before, and before, and before, and before, ....... you get my point!
I am quite confidant that the more you talk, the more you hang yourself with fallacious statements about the Spurs and about me and others, without any help from me.
What? Did they come down on you here for misrepresenting others posts with your copying and pasting.
Such a juvenile, you prove it with every post.:lmao

Before I forget: :troll with the :troll post :deadhorse. Good luck coming back to reality.

playblair
07-26-2013, 12:38 PM
:wakeup

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I don't think so.. With Anthony and Iverson in the Nuggets, why not thinking that Manu could have helped them to win a ring? Nuggets had good players. But is also true that Spurs had a better than Nuggets in those years, actually, Spurs always had better teams than Nuggets.

`You're assuming that the Nuggets are still going to get Iverson with Ginobili on the roster. Pretty sure Iverson was traded there in 2007 season. And if you're assuming that they would still in fact trade for him I'd remind you that there is a lot of other factors that change because of Ginobili signing in Denver so it probably wouldn't happen

Richard Simmons
07-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey, according to our famouse (?) member TGY, Spurs would have 5 rings now if TP and Manu should not have existed :nope. Yes, he thinks that TD could have done everything by his own or maybe TP and Manu should have retired in 2007 with the ring.

His favorite starting lineup:

Duncan
Duncan
Duncan
Robinson
Duncan

or maybe this:

random player
random player ---------> with this lineup Spurs would have 5 rings!! :lol
random player
random player
Duncan

lol, GTFO and stop quoting yourself. I said it once, you are not fan of Spurs, you are fan of TD and that's all.

all of that ^^^ coulda been summed up by saying "tim duncan could have one 5 rings regardless of who was around him"

Vash StampedE
07-26-2013, 03:45 PM
The reason he's become famously infamous is because of you guys and these threads