PDA

View Full Version : PED: Do you really care?

Captivus
07-26-2013, 10:38 AM
This...

Captivus
07-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Poll failed!
So, do you care?

Yes, suspened everybody!!
No, I want to be entertained!!

jag
07-26-2013, 11:03 AM
5-Star Thread

Kori, please bold the TS. Thanks

callo1
07-26-2013, 11:09 AM
If it is carried out through medical professionals and is used as a therapy to counteract the stresses placed upon an athlete's body, I have no issue with it whatsoever. Professional athletes place their bodies under extreme load on a constant basis, and PEDs such as HGH can help in both recovery and injury prevention. Everything hinges on them being used in a responsible manner.

I get a little sick and tired of the hypocrisy of mainstream media and their condemnation of athletic use of PEDs while Hollywood actors and actresses get a free run at the very same drugs without the media even batting an eye.

My 2 cents.

Arc
07-26-2013, 11:14 AM
yes, i care. PEDs shouldn't be allowed in any sport. because if they did allow them, you would pretty much be forced to take them or lose your job to someone willing. you shouldn't have to take drugs that fuck up your body to be competitive.

dbestpro
07-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Let people do what they want as long as it does not physically hurt someone else.

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Depends on how many players are using it. If +50% are using it, I don't care at all.

Vic Petro
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
yes, i care. PEDs shouldn't be allowed in any sport. because if they did allow them, you would pretty much be forced to take them or lose your job to someone willing. you shouldn't have to take drugs that fuck up your body to be competitive.

Budkin
07-26-2013, 01:06 PM
It's cheating, so yes I do care.

Sean Cagney
07-26-2013, 01:08 PM

I agree with this here, but they will find a way to so called CHEAT if they can by any means.

Mal
07-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes. Fuck Wade, Rose, Westbrick who cant do anything else than being monkeyballer on steroids.

capek
07-26-2013, 01:21 PM

skulls138
07-26-2013, 05:04 PM

HI-FI
07-26-2013, 06:22 PM

this.

its important because if you are going to have a standard, then you hope it's applied fairly and evenly. I truly believe Lebron and Wade were juicing big time throughout the playoffs to not lose an edge. if other teams weren't juicing as hard because of fear of getting in trouble, then that is giving Lebron et al a big advantage.

so either have a standard you take seriously or don't have one at all.

Chomag
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Completely agree, I would also like to add that it would become more of a competition on who can juice more rather then Skill of the game.

Poolboy5623
07-26-2013, 07:14 PM
I will say baseball was a lot more entertaining (to me) during the Sosa, big mac, and bb days...it'll be interesting what happens to football and basketball, as they are up next, in this era of gh.

benstanfield
07-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I have a problem with how it seems to be changing the game. At this rate, in ten years the NBA will no longer have positions and just be a competition between two teams of 6'8, 7-foot wing span freak athletes who can shoot from anywhere and dunk over any traditional big. So far only the SF and PF positions have been swallowed up, but the trend will continue.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:00 PM
people love to watch muscular guys playing and the players have to do everything (with the league's unsounded consent) to cater for the fans imho, even at the cost of players' health. players need those drugs (liket steroid) to grow super stout. they can't do this in the wide sun light but there's an invisble boundary it seems like, the league knows everything they injects in their blood but no one will punish them as long as they practice those things within that boundary.

Every hollywood celebrity has received plastic surgeries or procedures, like eye twitching and teeth bleaching, but people don't find it abnormal because that's what everyone in hollywood practices.

Baseline
07-26-2013, 10:23 PM
people love to watch muscular guys playing and the players have to do everything (with the league's unsounded consent) to cater for the fans imho, even at the cost of players' health. players need those drugs (liket steroid) to grow super stout. they can't do this in the wide sun light but there's an invisble boundary it seems like, the league knows everything they injects in their blood but no one will punish them as long as they practice those things within that boundary.

Every hollywood celebrity has received plastic surgeries or procedures, like eye twitching and teeth bleaching, but people don't find it abnormal because that's what everyone in hollywood practices. Not Scarlett, bro.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Scarlett has the world's nicest natural beauty and she doesn't need any artificial decorations to be the finest woman on this planet but according to a poster named jeebus, tooth bleaching is a procedure that every celebrity gets.