PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Mark Cuban continues to break up the 2011 NBA Champion team

Vash StampedE
07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
There are still few players, personnel, things and memories left from that championship team but it is becoming more apparent that Mark Cuban, after winning a ring, has lost his interest on his team. Perhaps, winning one is good enough for him. First, he let go of Chandler with no valid reason to do so. The 3D Dynasty dream was just pure gimmick by Cuban. He had really no plan to make serious pitch to Dwight and CP3. It's just to make fans excited and for them to continue supporting the team as he had already put the priority of the team behind him. The latest of this act of Cuban is this: a loyal member of that 2011 team that allowed himself to be stepped upon not just by the home players but the opponents as well is now being treated as someone/something with no more value to the team. To know more of the story, go to the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dallas-mavericks-auctioning-off-hardwood-court-2011-nba-150510499.html

AchillesHeel
07-26-2013, 03:15 PM
:lmao

Fortune Cookie
07-26-2013, 03:20 PM
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/dirosmit/194a0100-74d5-44aa-80fb-6416c2de0652.jpg?t=1374869922

Rogue
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
11' was a gift from the Heaven and Cuban know it better than you guys that he couldn't expect a 2nd. Scrubs turned stars all of a sudden in our favor and drove us to the glory in 11. They all demanded big $ which we couldn't afford so we just let them go, we ain't no more title contenders but at least we don't have a 128m payroll. I think a smart owner/manager ought to know the limit of his team and what the right time is to fold things up and start rebuilding, fortunately Cuban is just an owner of that kind.

Thread
07-26-2013, 09:07 PM
To this day it remains an ugly & perverse ruins. The heartbreak and tragedy that fed & fueled the building of that championship team was it's most boundless reminder. Painstakingly building a champion among the tombstone of 3 decades of denial, repudiation and humiliation were prayers answered, dreams realized and an American promise fulfilled to the nth degree.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Old Peja went HAM :lol

The Mavs could've let a lot of those players go, but not Chandler.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 09:31 PM
everything looks so limpid in hindsight but don't forget the first reactions of Mavs fans on TC's arrival in Dallas. They were mad at the team for wasting the "DUST chip" on such a injury-prone center that TC was thought to be. Even after a season in which he was tough and consistent enough, there was still no guarantee he wouldn't turn a dead stock like Haywood after signing a big contract. Cuban couldn't afford to pay more than 20m for two crappy bigs so he decided to choose what was considered a low-risk option.

And like my nigga Ghazi pointed out in another thread, the Mavs wouldn't have won another ring with the 11' level of hunger gone, even if they had signed and kept TC. We fought hard in 11 and we were more determined than our opponents, I believe we deserved it better than Miami but I still have to admit the 11' title was, in some way, a lucky one. Therefore, when Cuban "broke up" the "champion" team that summer, most mavs fans were calm because we'd already got what we had craved for so long, and we were content with what we'd already got.

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
everything looks so limpid in hindsight but don't forget the first reactions of Mavs fans on TC's arrival in Dallas. They were mad at the team for wasting the "DUST chip" on such a injury-prone center that TC was thought to be. Even after a season in which he was tough and consistent enough, there was still no guarantee he wouldn't turn a dead stock like Haywood after signing a big contract. Cuban couldn't afford to pay more than 20m for two crappy bigs so he decided to choose what was considered a low-risk option.

And like my nigga Ghazi pointed out in another thread, the Mavs wouldn't have won another ring with the 11' level of hunger gone, even if they had signed and kept TC. We fought hard in 11 and we were more determined than our opponents, I believe we deserved it better than Miami but I still have to admit the 11' title was, in some way, a lucky one. Therefore, when Cuban "broke up" the "champion" team that summer, most mavs fans were calm because we'd already got what we had craved for so long, and we were content with what we'd already got.

thats loser talk bro

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Have to spin it somehow I guess. But Chandler proved he was the perfect fit with Dirk. And to have let that walk for a maybe was ridiculous. There has to be something else on a roster to entice guys aside from an aging superstar, one quarter man, one twelfth amazing, and the rest is pure garbage.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:26 PM
There is no word in any dictionary that could excuse him for disbanding a team that had just won him the championship. It was a mistake and it was heart breaking but that was not the worst I could imagine. Most people thought we wouldn't even get past the 2nd round that year because we had to play the Lakers, but we slapped their faces hard with a ruthless broom. And when my nigga Ghazi was making the championship call, most people (even including myself) thought he was just joking. We were lucky enough to win a championship before the door was shut, and I'm content with it. For sure our FO could've done better, they could've kept TC and signed some solid role players, and assemble a new squad good enough for us to continue contending (for the western pennant at least), but I'm still very thankful for what they've done for us fans as well as for this city (though I'm not from Dallas).

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
If we hadn't won it in 11', that team would've been clamped to the pillar of shame as the biggest choker in the history of NBA finals, with the 06' team being a close 2nd place. I also feel it a bit disappointing and regretable that we broke up such a good team, and I believe it's just the sense of regret that makes some mavs fans (like mono) talk bad about our team, but I also believe it's a different motive that drives the majority of people here to talk shit of us. They're just sneering at us, making fun of our team, and some mavs fans (like mono) somehow act as the accomplices to those people mistakenly and unconciously.

irishock
07-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Old Peja went HAM :lol

The Mavs could've let a lot of those players go, but not Chandler.

bingo. getting rid of Barea, Stevenson, Butler, didn't do any damage at all as Carter proved to be better than any of them, but Chandler was irreplaceable on that front line. Plus they would have had enough cap space to sign a max free agent to play with Chandler+Dirk by amnestying Haywood and trading Marion.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Flies won't bite an egg without any crevice in its shell, and mono is just like the crevice of our fan base tbh.

Vash StampedE
07-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Personally, I think Mark Cuban cares no more about Dirk and his team.

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:45 PM
bingo. getting rid of Barea, Stevenson, didn't do any damage at all

But those 2 fellows were winners. You're not walking away from that unscathed. No way.

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Flies won't bite an egg without any crevice in its shell, and mono is just like the crevice of our fan base tbh.

Tuna is an ass crack?

Rogue
07-26-2013, 11:55 PM
"flies don't bite an egg without any crevice in its shell", I derived it from a widely-used chinese idiom and I'm still rather short in the knowledge about American culture and allusions tbh