PDA

View Full Version : Church of Nando De Colo

PlayNando
07-26-2013, 06:16 PM
File in, ladies and gentlemen.

Who's got NEXT? Nando, that's who! Next year is going to be a revelation, ladies and gentlemen... :wow

admiralsnackbar
07-26-2013, 06:25 PM
He has always been a visionary passer in the mold of Manu, but I no longer think he has much more to offer. It'd be great if he showed growth next year, but it seems really unlikely -- in the same way growth from Blair seems unlikely.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-26-2013, 06:28 PM
He has little scoring ability IMO.

Hoops Czar
07-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Useless!!!!

Solid D
07-26-2013, 06:32 PM
http://media.silive.com/is_it_just_me_column/photo/pooljpg-53250ba74133d4a9_large.jpg

"Marco.............."

"De Colo............"

"Marrrco.........."

"De Coooooolo.........."

"Marcooooooo............."

"De Coloooooooooo"

dallasmaverickslose
07-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I go to the church or Cory Joseph, tbh. This guy is going to be something special next season. Mark my words, gentlemen.

Chinook
07-26-2013, 06:46 PM
It never hurts to have a thread like this handy if De Colo has a good game, I guess.

lefty
07-26-2013, 06:47 PM
thats one empty church tbh

DDUBB1770
07-26-2013, 07:06 PM
B

So empty u could have sex with a hooker on the pews and no one would care!!!

exstatic
07-26-2013, 07:10 PM

http://leo268.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/empty-church-425jh100909.jpg

wildbill2u
07-26-2013, 07:38 PM
As my old coach used to say, "Son, if you gonna try to make a flashy pass on my team, you goddam better make sure it's completed."

So far, he's very flashy, but sadly too many of his passes wind up as turnovers. Some of them because he's been right under the basket and instead of taking the layup, he passes off to a teammate who's concentrating on blocking out for a possible rebound. And passing is his best BB skill.

I don't think he has the offensive or defensive game to stay with the Spurs for long before someone else comes along with better skills.

Vic Petro
07-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Ellipsis.......................................... ..........................

Rogue
07-26-2013, 08:59 PM
I appreciate your efforts of eulogizing the player you love but he's still no more than a fringe player by far. You seems just obsessed with Nando as I am with Scarlett but at least my goddess is a top20 celebrity in today's hollywood, while your hero Nando ain't even one of the best 20 basketball players in Texas.

TheGoldStandard
07-26-2013, 09:20 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/35almy9.jpg

Kingsly Alexander
07-26-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't get why one could like Nando De Colo so much. Unless your French and he's from ur hometown or something, the dude has shown no consistency and hasn't found a particular niche on the team to begin with.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 11:08 PM
^ This, and that's also the reason why I'm such a big admirer of Wang Zhizhi I think even though he's a scrub in most other eyes. Here's a summary of the possible reasons why I like Zhizhi so much:

1. Dude's a chink and so am I
2. Dude's hometown and mine are within 100 miles from each other, so he's just kind of a homeboy of mine.
3. Dude is an ex-mav and still has the heart of a mav
4. Dude plays a similar style of game as our champion Dirk.
5. Dude has the balls to not conform to the commie rules.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
^ This, and that's also the reason why I'm such a big admirer of Wang Zhizhi I think even though he's a scrub in most other eyes. Here's a summary of the possible reasons why I like Zhizhi so much:

2. Dude's hometown and mine are within 100 miles from each other, so he's just kind of a homeboy of mine.

Yeah, all that guy pretty much could do is shoot IIRC. Soft too.

Boomersgold
07-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Was there ever a church of Chris Quinn?

TXstbobcat
07-26-2013, 11:49 PM
I wish him luck this season. I hope he improves enough to crack the bench rotation to get some consistent minutes.

Kingsly Alexander
07-27-2013, 12:19 AM

Better player, Mengke Bateer or Wang Zhizhi? and if u know, did they play at the same time for the Chinese National Team?

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Geez I couldn't stand watching Nando in the SL. The dude reminded me so much of Manu from the NBA finals. Spurs better get rid of this dude. I don't want to have another version of a washed up Manu for the next 3-4 years tbh.

Rogue
07-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Zhizhi is head-and-shoulders above Bateer imho, the gap between Bateer and him is similar to that between him and Yao. Zhizhi is still an NBA-caliber player even at age 34 while Bateer has been a class-1 TOSB for many years. Bateer is strong like a rhino yet slow as a snail, with basically no skills minus hitting some easy jumpers when facing shitty defense. Meanwhile, Zhizhi is like the most skillful Asian big to ever play in the NBA. He was too often forced to play out of his natural position (PF) which kind of hampered his progress, he might be soft by NBA standard but softness shouldn't be an insurmountable obstacle imho. Maybe Zhizhi just couldn't adapt to the American lifestyle

Those three dudes (yao, Zhizhi and Bateer) briefly played together around the turn of this century, they co-starred on the Sydney Olympics and made their names known around the globe. But not too long after that, it was said that Zhizhi developed a dispute with his Chinese "slave-owners" and was subsequently exiled from his national team up until 2006 when the chinks realized they needed him for their 08' campaign. So they called him back, and dude has been playing again on his national team up to this day.

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Zhizhi is head-and-shoulders above Bateer imho, the gap between Bateer and him is similar to that between him and Yao. Zhizhi is still an NBA-caliber player even at age 34 while Bateer has been a class-1 TOSB for many years. Bateer is strong like a rhino yet slow as a snail, with basically no skills minus hitting some easy jumpers when facing shitty defense. Meanwhile, Zhizhi is like the most skillful Asian big to ever play in the NBA. He was too often forced to play out of his natural position (PF) which kind of hampered his progress, he might be soft by NBA standard but softness shouldn't be an insurmountable obstacle imho. Maybe Zhizhi just couldn't adapt to the American lifestyle

Those three dudes (yao, Zhizhi and Bateer) briefly played together around the turn of this century, they co-starred on the Sydney Olympics and made their names known around the globe. But not too long after that, it was said that Zhizhi developed a dispute with his Chinese "slave-owners" and was subsequently exiled from his national team up until 2006 when the chinks realized they needed him for their 08' campaign. So they called him back, and dude has been playing again on his national team up to this day.You must be a fan of Jeremy Lin.

Rogue
07-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Being a chink doesn't necessarily mean being a dick licker of every player whose skin is in a similar color as mine, and Rin isn't a legit chink to begin with. Dude was born in Cali and raised in the US, and he doesn't even speak any chinese if I remember correct. Rin is one of my least favorite players in this league tbh, along with SJ, JJ and several others

Kingsly Alexander
07-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Being a chink doesn't necessarily mean being a dick licker of every player whose skin is in a similar color as mine, and Rin isn't a legit chink to begin with. Dude was born in Cali and raised in the US, and he doesn't even speak any chinese if I remember correct. Rin is one of my least favorite players in this league tbh, along with SJ, JJ and several others

Lol

Sean Cagney
07-27-2013, 03:05 AM
HE FUCKING SUCKS, GOD bless and goodnight, Sheed style.........

PlayNando
07-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Geez I couldn't stand watching Nando in the SL. The dude reminded me so much of Manu from the NBA finals. Spurs better get rid of this dude. I don't want to have another version of a washed up Manu for the next 3-4 years tbh.
:lol

Nando is about to prove the haters wrong, tbh...

Vash StampedE
07-28-2013, 04:57 AM
NandoDeScrub

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 07:39 AM

Everything, all your reasons, sound good to me, except #3, if he has the heart of a Mav then he is useless, and I feel sorry for the poor dude, he could do a lot better, like have the heart of a Spur, now that is saying something positive and worthy.:clap

PlayNando
07-28-2013, 11:05 AM
NandoDeScrub
Never heard that one before. Clever.

Spur-Addict
07-28-2013, 11:09 AM
NandoDeCulo

:lol

PlayNando
07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
GTFO. Nando's bouncers will throw you out of this joint!

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
This can't be a serious thread, can it?

PlayNando
07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
This can't be a serious thread, can it?
It could be.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 01:41 PM
While Nando surely doesn't deserve to have some kind of church, he surely doesn't deserve all the bashing he receives here. Even he hasn't played in the playoffs, he has had a quite positive rookie season where he showed some qualities. At the end, I'm not sure it will be enough for him to end up as a good NBA player but he isn't some kind of scrub. He can play.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:49 PM
While Nando surely doesn't deserve to have some kind of church, he surely doesn't deserve all the bashing he receives here. Even he hasn't played in the playoffs, he has had a quite positive rookie season where he showed some qualities. At the end, I'm not sure it will be enough for him to end up as a good NBA player but he isn't some kind of scrub. He can play.

Hope you didn't think I was bashing Nando, I kind of like him, but "church" is a little extreme if you ask me.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Hope you didn't think I was bashing Nando, I kind of like him, but "church" is a little extreme if you ask me.

It wasn't directed at you.
PlayNando is of course trolling hard and can't be taken seriously but I'm just surprised on how tough people are on De Colo. He hasn't been great but he also hasn't been a disaster.

DPG21920
07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
It wasn't directed at you.
PlayNando is of course trolling hard and can't be taken seriously but I'm just surprised on how tough people are on De Colo. He hasn't been great but he also hasn't been a disaster.

I don't speak for everyone, but I think the reason you see some of the reactions is his attitude. It's surfaced on more than one occasion that he will pout and have a bad attitude if things aren't going his way. While it doesn't bother me because I understand what it's like to be competitive, I can see it rub people the wrong way to where they will point out every shortcoming of his game as to why he is in the situations he complains about.

Nando received a fair amount of chances to really grab the back up PG role, but came up short in that regard.He still had many good moments though.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't speak for everyone, but I think the reason you see some of the reactions is his attitude. While it doesn't bother me because I understand what it's like to be competitive, I can see it rub people the wrong way to where they will point out every shortcoming of his game as to why he is in the situations he complains about.

Yep, he is a whiner but, at the end, I've never heard or seen him being accused of being a bad teammate. It would be better if he had the same attitude than a Patrick Mills but he isn't a cancer in the Jax mold.
The best example of that would be with FNT with De Colo not being that happy with the role the coach gave him, but he is still with the team while the coach could pick someone else if his attitude was problematic or while De Colo could turn down being with the NT.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 10:58 AM

Chinook
10-31-2017, 11:08 AM
That's all well and good (and true), but why is this coming out now?

Ice009
10-31-2017, 11:16 AM
This is weird. I don't think Nando earned the right to have the opportunities. Simmons on the other hand, I think did more so than Nando, but he never got consistent court time over some of Pop's favourites.

TheDoctor
10-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Fuck him. Nando cried more about PT than LMA for his touches.

Massive upgrade over 50Mills at PG tho'.

Brazil
10-31-2017, 03:22 PM
That's all well and good (and true), but why is this coming out now?

because somebody did ask him about NBA and the Spurs... duh

Brazil
10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
This is weird. I don't think Nando earned the right to have the opportunities. Simmons on the other hand, I think did more so than Nando, but he never got consistent court time over some of Pop's favourites.

He did not say anything about the fact he had the right to have the opportunities, he said.. "In the Spurs, I didn’t have the opportunities I expected. I think that is a part of life that you can’t control."

nothing in that says I deserved more opportunities

Chinook
10-31-2017, 04:02 PM
because somebody did ask him about NBA and the Spurs... duh

No, that explains why he answered a question, not why this issue came up in the first place.

Ice009
10-31-2017, 08:39 PM
He did not say anything about the fact he had the right to have the opportunities, he said.. "In the Spurs, I didn’t have the opportunities I expected. I think that is a part of life that you can’t control."

nothing in that says I deserved more opportunities

I'm not having a go at him, I actually liked him. I was disappointed when he asked out. I thought, in time, he would get opportunities if he stuck around.

Brazil
11-01-2017, 06:34 AM
No, that explains why he answered a question, not why this issue came up in the first place.

dude signed for a NBA team, he failed... what do you want him to say ? I'm not good enough for the NBA smh... a reporter asked him about a come back and nba in general he answered I did not have enough opportunites with the Spurs because of team depth because of his style of play not fitting whatever... what he means is I believe I have the level to play in the NBA, Spurs was not the right team for me... right or wrong this is how he feels. this is why the issue came up.. what exactly is wrong with that ?

Chinook
11-01-2017, 07:17 AM
dude signed for a NBA team, he failed... what do you want him to say ? I'm not good enough for the NBA smh... a reporter asked him about a come back and nba in general he answered I did not have enough opportunites with the Spurs because of team depth because of his style of play not fitting whatever... what he means is I believe I have the level to play in the NBA, Spurs was not the right team for me... right or wrong this is how he feels. this is why the issue came up.. what exactly is wrong with that ?

That Nando answered the question is pretty much irrelevant in my mind. Why in 2017 someone thought de Colo's thoughts should have been a story is a different matter. There's no need to shill for him to me.

TheGreatYacht
11-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Pop making shit lists at an unprecedented pace. George Karl would be proud

Brazil
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
That Nando answered the question is pretty much irrelevant in my mind. Why in 2017 someone thought de Colo's thoughts should have been a story is a different matter. There's no need to shill for him to me.

not sure I fully understood your post.. but he is doing great in Europe with his team, played in the NBA, is still relatively young I'm not surprised someone is interested in his thought about a potential come back... I see a lot of less relevant news everyday about the NBA tbh

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-01-2017, 02:23 PM
I'd take him over a lot of this year's roster.

gospursgojas
11-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Hey while were at it, let discuss Luis Scola

SAGirl
11-01-2017, 03:04 PM
:lmao

Play Boban
11-02-2017, 05:58 PM
:cry