PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Scola To The Pacers For Granger???

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 10:25 PM
According to Hoopshype. Apparently it is expected to be announced tomorrow at some point in time.

lefty
07-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Where would he play?

Hibbert and West are the big men starters

Unless he accepts to come off the bench

whitemamba
07-26-2013, 10:27 PM
If he comes of the bench, the Pacers look scary

lefty
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I agree

Leetonidas
07-26-2013, 10:31 PM
If Scola accepts his role as 6th man watch out for dem Pacers...gonna be fun watching the Heat/Nets/Pacers battle it out next season (lol bulls)

Spur-Addict
Honestly, I more concerned about where Granger is going to end up. Indy definitely needed a reserve big after losing Tyler and Pendergraph. To depend on Ian and a young Plumlee would be a big risk.

Thread
I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I've had 3 years of peace from that front.

baseline bum
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Scola's nice, but what they really need is another point guard.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM

C.J Watson not sufficient enough for your liking?

whitemamba
07-26-2013, 10:37 PM

Pacers rely on a low post game, and defense. With the break out of Paul George, they have added their needed scoring punch at the gaurd position, so Hill and Augustine are enough, Scola has a good low post game, and can shoot a J here and there. They need that in the paint scoring of the bench, spreads the floor, makes everyones life easier like everyone knows.

baseline bum
07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
C.J Watson not sufficient enough for your liking?

Oh shit, they landed Watson? That's going to be a really strong team next year then. DJ Augustine single-handedly cost them a trip to the Finals. He made Neal look like Jason Kidd tbh. Would have loved it if the Spurs could have gotten Watson.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Oh shit, they landed Watson? That's going to be a really strong team next year then. DJ Augustine single-handedly cost them a trip to the Finals. He made Neal look like Jason Kidd tbh. Would have loved it if the Spurs could have gotten Watson.

Yes, it was a very quiet move this off season. Bird doing his thing quite quietly. Watson or Livingston would've been great for us in my opinion. DJ is garbage, I don't understand why they didn't pick up a vet at some point during the season as a 3rd PG.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Looks like it's Granger to Phoenix. Just wanted to get some confirmation.

Rogue
07-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Using a PF as the 6th man doesn't sound a good idea at all imho. You need the 6th man to create his own shots so that the majority of 6th men are guards and small forwards. and I believe the value of Granger is at least twice as much as the upcoming TOSB that Scola is.

spurraider21
07-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I thought pacers could have used granger's perimeter play. That seemed to be their real weakness against the Heat. But they did need a big off the bench with pendergraph and psycho T bolting

Vash StampedE
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Miami gonna get pounded in the paint.

baseline bum
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I thought pacers could have used granger's perimeter play. That seemed to be their real weakness against the Heat. But they did need a big off the bench with pendergraph and psycho T bolting

Nah, their weakness was the same as the Spurs was against Miami: complete lack of a backup point guard to get them into their offense when Hill went to the bench.

da_suns_fan
07-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Granger wont be part of it.

Pure salary dump. Gotta undo all the Lance Blanks disasters.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Baseline is right. Hell, even Hill had trouble getting his team into sets. Watching Hill or anyone else try to dump it down into the post for a half an hour was frustrating to say the least. Although, Indy has some pretty basic sets which allows for a lot of ball pressure.

That's a nice 8 man rotation with Watson/Scola/Copeland added to the mix. If any of their young guys emerge then all of a sudden they're really deep.

romsey31
07-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Woj confirmed granger is not apart of this trade

baseline bum
07-26-2013, 11:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Indiana can land with Granger now. I don't really see where he fits on that team with George's emergence.

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Granger wont be part of it.

Thank, Christ.

irishock
07-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Thank, Christ.

What, you think he'd do damage in a Suns uniform?

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:41 PM
What, you think he'd do damage in a Suns uniform?

I don't want to take the chance he'd do damage in a Suns uniform. The peace has been nice the last few years. I hate to start that roiling up again. That dread, that pit in my stomach. I hate it.

romsey31
07-26-2013, 11:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Indiana can land with Granger now. I don't really see where he fits on that team with George's emergence.

Are u serious? Granger is the perfect spot up shooter for pg. Defenses sags off lance

Katherine Robinson
07-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Thank, Christ.

You're overreacting, Dale. Granger will not be fortifying anybody.

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:43 PM
You're overreacting, Dale. Granger will not be fortifying anybody.

As long as he doesn't fortify the Suns he can knock himself out.

baseline bum
07-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Are u serious? Granger is the perfect spot up shooter for pg. Defenses sags off lance

Will he get enough minutes and shots to keep him happy though? How do you think he'd handle a very reduced role?

Katherine Robinson
07-26-2013, 11:46 PM

Are you still antsy of Eric Gordon flying over to Phoenix and sewing tight your balloon knot for 3-4 years?

irishock
07-26-2013, 11:49 PM

Did you say the same thing when Turkoglu was traded to Phx? :lol

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Did you say the same thing when Turkoglu was traded to Phx? :lol

Christ, don't bring that up tonite. I'm in a good mood. Don't spoil it.

Thread
07-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Are you still antsy of Eric Gordon flying over to Phoenix and sewing tight your balloon knot for 3-4 years?

I want to see nothing buy total misery for the Suns. I want them to stay on that mat for as long as possible. Every time they get up I want somebody to come in and knock 'em flat again. And again. And again. No mercy. "Get 'em a body bag. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!"

romsey31
07-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Will he get enough minutes and shots to keep him happy though? How do you think he'd handle a very reduced role?

Yea. Our bench was disastrous. There'll be more than enough minutes for danny, but hes also said that hes ok with not starting and he knows pg is tr man now. I think its important for the chemistry of our squad that we keep our core intact

baseline bum
07-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Yea. Our bench was disastrous. There'll be more than enough minutes for danny, but hes also said that hes ok with not starting and he knows pg is tr man now. I think its important for the chemistry of our squad that we keep our core intact

Good to hear

JMarkJohns
07-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Scola for Green/Plumlee/2014 1st (lotto protect).

Good trade all around.

Clipper Nation
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Another white stiff to appeal to the Suns' jeebotard fanbase :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd have some faith in the new Suns' GM if not for drafting Alex Len over both McLemore and Noel and hiring Hornacek. Those two moves alone tell me it's nothing but more of the same.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Another white stiff to appeal to the Suns' jeebotard fanbase :lol

Thank god Kaleb Tarczewski goes to school at UofA, or if you're a Phoenix local, "The school in Tucson where godless heathens and faggots go!"

Otherwise he'd be a PR wetdream for the Suns that they'd draft over Wiggins :lol

Thread
07-27-2013, 02:12 PM
I'd have some faith in the new Suns' GM if not for drafting Alex Len over both McLemore and Noel and hiring Hornacek. Those two moves alone tell me it's nothing but more of the same.

I pray your right. I have my hands full stacking boxes to keep the Spurs outta it.

Clipper Nation
07-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Tbh, if the Suns won the lottery, they'd probably have their medical staff give Wiggins some of det vitiligo shit that turned Michael Jackson white :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Tbh, if the Suns won the lottery, they'd probably have their medical staff give Wiggins some of det vitiligo shit that turned Michael Jackson white :lol
Them being retarded and drafting Jabari Parker over Wiggins would be the easiest prediction ever. Maybe he's not white, but he's committed to Duke which means he'll be a good obedient uncle tom like Grant Hill. Most importantly, he's a bible thumping, magic underwear wearing, planet kolob worshiping Mormon.

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't know his situation but Danny Granger will end up in LA after next season....book it!!!

JMarkJohns
07-27-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm with you on Noel. This team lacks vision.

My ideal for 5 brief minutes was a frontcourt of Noel and Randle (next year).

I love Parker as a prospect, but he is a complete tier beneath Wiggins and Randle, maybe even Gordon.

I love the pick of Goodwin, think Bledsoe was good value for Dudley/2nd and think effectively getting 2012 and 2014 1sts for Scola is incredible value.

But it's all so hodgepodge with no identity.

Noel, Bledsoe, Goodwin with ideal of Randle has amazing rebounding, defense identity.

Granted this is clean up mode, but making a new, less mess in the process isn't ideal.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Noel or McLemore would have been the pick. All season Babby's fatass was blabbering about how they needed to get an AS level talent at the SG position and they had one staring them in the face on draft night.

JMarkJohns
07-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I'd be more pissed about McLemore if I had any piss to spare from my rage over passing on Noel.

You have one of the best defensive talents in a generation looking you in the face and you take Marcin Gortat redux with Marcin Gortat dux on the roster.

baseline bum
07-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I want to see nothing buy total misery for the Suns. I want them to stay on that mat for as long as possible. Every time they get up I want somebody to come in and knock 'em flat again. And again. And again. No mercy. "Get 'em a body bag. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did cha bust a nut when Stoudemire and Diaw got suspended?

Thread
07-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Did cha bust a nut when Stoudemire and Diaw got suspended?

Damn rights.

phoenix219
07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
I don't want to take the chance he'd do damage in a Suns uniform. The peace has been nice the last few years. I hate to start that roiling up again. That dread, that pit in my stomach. I hate it.

Plumlee, the first rounder, and another year of collecting assets is worth much more than Granger. By the time we rebuilt, Granger would be useless; This puts all our assets on the same time schedule for development and allows us to suck for another year to collect even more assets, and to get Hornacek a start on his version of our high tempo offense.

Granger would have been preferable, for keeping us down longer. :)