PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Steve Nash to Inter Milan

AchillesHeel
07-27-2013, 01:29 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22903260/lakers-steve-nash-to-try-out-for-inter-milan-

The Los Angeles Lakers guard and two-time NBA MVP will have a tryout of sorts Tuesday with Inter Milan, just before the team opens play in the Guinness International Champions Cup tournament that's coming to the U.S. starting next week. The tournament pits eight club teams from around the world, with a winner to be crowned in Miami on Aug. 7.

"It's a dream come true to get a chance to try out, not just to try out but to take the field with Inter Milan, one of the great, storied franchises in professional sports," Nash said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I feel like a little kid."

Bynumite
07-27-2013, 01:39 AM
I know it's nothing serious but Nash is too old for basketball, let alone football :lol

Rogue
07-27-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220451&p=6781559#post6781559

Rogue
07-27-2013, 07:33 AM
I know it's nothing serious but Nash is too old for basketball, let alone football :lol
Dude still about one year younger than Javier Zanetti though

Bynumite
07-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Dude still about one year younger than Javier Zanetti though

Yes, pro players near and in their 40's is a common theme in Italy but we've all seen Nash stretching his back on the bench during games but football doesn't let you bench and bring back players whenever you feel like it.

Rogue
07-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I think that if a player can play 30+ minutes a game in NBA then he should have enough stamina to play 90 minutes on a soccer pitch where he doesn't need to be running & gunning all the time. He can give himself a rest by standing or ambling slowly on the pitch when the ball is far away from him, or when a freekick or a corner kick is given, especially in Italy where the games are so lento compared to the premier league and La Liga. There're few players (even in Italy) who can play up to their late 30s, you have to take really good care of yourself and keep up with training. Plus, a soccer player only needs to play 1-2 games a week (or on some rare occasions, 3 at most), even when he's a important first team player.