freetiago
07-27-2013, 08:17 AM
the place is even more low key and less attractive of a destination then SA
but im really impressed with what theyve done

they turned a bench of Young, Hansbourogh, Augustin
into
CJ Watson, Chris Copeland, Luis Scola, Danny Granger

with no real assets or capspace to work with
Buford needs to stop sitting on his ass tbh...

mosdef17
07-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Add Gerald Green to the list of outgoing assets and remove Danny Granger from the incoming. They did nothing to add Granger, it's not a good organisational move. It's a recovery from injury.

freetiago
07-27-2013, 08:58 AM
and Green is a horrible player on a bad contract
and they were still able to move him out for basically nothing assuming its a first round pick which will be in the 23-25 range

purist
07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Then become a pacers fan and quit bitching. Talk to me a year from now about how these moved worked out. For now it's just speculation

mosdef17
07-27-2013, 09:12 AM
and Green is a horrible player on a bad contract
and they were still able to move him out for basically nothing assuming its a first round pick which will be in the 23-25 range

Add first round pick to the outgoing assets then too...

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Danny Granger doesn't count.

Russo21
07-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Give me Dannnnnnnni Boooooooooooyyy Danni Grager to SA Make it a done deal!

Darkwaters
07-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Are you just trying to rub it in? I'm still sore about how we traded them Paul George.

Bill_Brasky
07-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Gnsf gonna gnsf

Darkwaters
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Scola thread!

Dex
07-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Are you just trying to rub it in? I'm still sore about how we traded them Paul George.

Was that before or after we traded Boozer?

racm
07-27-2013, 10:20 AM

Don't forget passing on Jimmy "LeBron stopper" Butler for that scrub Kawhi Leonard who can't even play for Team USA because he gets hurt a lot.

Vic Petro
07-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Remind me who on that bench is playing any defense?

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Last I recall we made a deeper playoff run than Indiana, OP.

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 11:40 AM
:lol @ Spurs homers getting defensive

:lol @ Spurs homers that think RC & FO can do no wrong

:lol @ Spurs homers that can't accept the fact that the Pacers had a better offseason than the Spurs

:lol @ Spurs homers bitching at the OP for voicing his opinion

racm
07-27-2013, 11:41 AM
:lol @ Spurs homers that think RC and the FO can do no wrong
:lol @ Spurs homers that can't accept the fact that the Pacers had a better offseason than the Spurs
:lol @ Spurs homer bitching at the OP for voicing his opinion

Have you tried getting RC fired and asking Pop for his job? You seem to think you could do better than both, tbh.

T Park
07-27-2013, 11:45 AM
the place is even more low key and less attractive of a destination then SA
but im really impressed with what theyve done

they turned a bench of Young, Hansbourogh, Augustin
into
CJ Watson, Chris Copeland, Luis Scola, Danny Granger

with no real assets or capspace to work with
Buford needs to stop sitting on his ass tbh...

Glass full of bleach. Drink it already.

TheWriter
07-27-2013, 11:47 AM
This forum....

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/images/toilet.jpg

ChumpDumper
07-27-2013, 11:49 AM
I can't believe RC traded away Granger.

freetiago
07-27-2013, 11:56 AM
If SA was able to land CJ Watson I would have given our offseason an A+ tbh
Indy was able to do that and more with less than the Spurs had to work with

Darkwaters
07-27-2013, 12:04 PM
I can't believe RC traded away Granger.

Moron. It was Paul George.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Moron. It was Paul George.Him too.

Hoops Czar
07-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Remind me who on that bench is playing any defense?

Since they were no. 1 in overall defense last season, I would say a lot of them.

racm
07-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Since they were no. 1 in overall defense last season, I would say a lot of them.
Except their starting five played a lot of minutes.

What's more impressive is SA being a top 3 defense despite playing TOSB Manu/Neal/Bonner and going with a 10 man rotation until the Finals.

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
These forums can't go 1 offseason without whining and moaning about how "incompetent" our FO is... SMH.

RD2191
07-27-2013, 12:32 PM

:lol @ Spurs homers that think RC & FO can do no wrong

:lol @ Spurs homers bitching at the OP for voicing his opinion

racm
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM
These forums can't go 1 offseason without whining and moaning about how "incompetent" our FO is... SMH.

I wonder how SpursTalk will look once we actually begin rebuilding lol.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear reports of basement dwellers wearing their cheese-stained Manu jerseys committing suicide.

Vic Petro
07-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Considering their bench played so few minutes, and generally sucked when they did play, are you intimating they had a lot to do with that rating? And besides, the bench you are referring to has been almost completely replaced by historically poor defenders.

td4mvp2k
07-27-2013, 12:43 PM
OP wit tro badz

BackHome
07-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Didn't know they got Scola man they going to be beasting in the EAST.

cjw
07-27-2013, 01:07 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to hear reports of basement dwellers wearing their cheese-stained Manu jerseys committing suicide.

:lmao (as long as nobody actually does it)

Kidd K
07-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Indiana isn't that bad of a destination. They drew David West there recently too. With that and this year's additions, I think it's safe to say free agents are fine with playing there. They just didn't go there before because they sucked.

Why people don't go to the Spurs. . .I'm not entirely sure but I'd guess being a small market team in the west while never "overpaying" by even a dime unless they're bringing someone back who isn't named Duncan or Parker doesn't help. I don't think small market west teams in general draw much of anybody to them unless they overpay. It's only the major market players like Dallas and LA who get everyone at market value or less.

exstatic
07-27-2013, 02:48 PM

Exactly. These people wouldn't know something to REALLY bitch about if it bit them in the ass. The rebuild is when you'll see who the real Spurs fans are.

TXstbobcat
07-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Exactly. These people wouldn't know something to REALLY bitch about if it bit them in the ass. The rebuild is when you'll see who the real Spurs fans are.

We really are all spoiled as spurs fans. Out of the 24 years that I have been following the spurs they have made the playoffs 23 of those years. That really is incredible. All spurs fans should feel lucky.

caŽlo
07-27-2013, 03:02 PM
We were supposed to win a championship too when we traded for hwsnbn

exstatic
07-27-2013, 03:28 PM
We really are all spoiled as spurs fans. Out of the 24 years that I have been following the spurs they have made the playoffs 23 of those years. That really is incredible. All spurs fans should feel lucky.

In 36 NBA seasons, the Spurs have only missed the playoffs FOUR TIMES. Over the Spurs NBA life, no one has made more PO appearances. No one. Their WORST stretch was 3 trips in 6 years. Think Sacto or Charlotte fans wouldn't jizz for that six year run?

mudyez
07-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Outgoing: Neal, Blair, TMac, (basically AK47 :rolleyes)

Incoming: Belinealli, Plendairgraph, ???

Gimme some D-Mac (Austin Daye)!

I'm ok with our offseason. Yes, it's the Spurs way but would you rather do it the Cuban way (no matter if that means trading 80% of the roster every year without thinking about some consistency or if it means breaking up a successful team just to get a shot at some big names that show you the middle finger afterwards)?

TD 21
07-27-2013, 04:08 PM
:lol The apologists never cease to amaze. As if freetiago said anything that wasn't true.

Let's face it: It's been a terrible off season. Despite having two modest needs and decent flexibility, they inexplicably failed to address either and downgraded in the role of Ginobili/inept backup PG insurance.

Will the team still be a contender? Health willing, absolutely, but it won't be because of anything the front office has done, since they haven't done anything worth a damn since dumping Jefferson (I give them no credit for Diaw, for obvious reasons). It'll be because of the will of Duncan and Parker, Leonard's likely improvement and them being the highest IQ and arguably best coached team in the league.

Robz4000
07-27-2013, 04:20 PM
:lol The apologists never cease to amaze. As if freetiago said anything that wasn't true.

Let's face it: It's been a terrible off season. Despite having two modest needs and decent flexibility, they inexplicably failed to address either and downgraded in the role of Ginobili/inept backup PG insurance.

Will the team still be a contender? Health willing, absolutely, but it won't be because of anything the front office has done, since they haven't done anything worth a damn since dumping Jefferson (I give them no credit for Diaw, for obvious reasons). It'll be because of the will of Duncan and Parker, Leonard's likely improvement and them being the highest IQ and arguably best coached team in the league.

This.

Agloco
07-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Will the team still be a contender? Health willing, absolutely, but it won't be because of anything the front office has done.....

Absolutely right. I mean, the FO has nothing to do with the current composition of the team.

smh......

Knoxxx
07-27-2013, 05:12 PM
I thought Indiana was having an awful offseason but Scola helps a little.

TD 21
07-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Absolutely right. I mean, the FO has nothing to do with the current composition of the team.

smh......

Congratulations. This is quite possibly the most egregious example of lack of reading comprehension I've ever seen (and that's saying something).

Agloco
07-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Congratulations. This is quite possibly the most egregious example of lack of reading comprehension I've ever seen (and that's saying something).

Quit being coy. That much was implicit in your statement. You and the rest of these tards want to hold the FO responsible for every misstep without so much as a whisper as to why your team is in the position it's in today. That's quite rich.

TD 21
07-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Quit being coy. That much was implicit in your statement. You and the rest of these tards want to hold the FO responsible for every misstep without so much as a whisper as to why your team is in the position it's in today. That's quite rich.

Had you read the next sentence, you'd know that's not at all what I meant. It couldn't have been a more ignorant statement on your part.

You and the rest of the apologists want people to have no opinions on a message board and instead constantly pat the front office on the back for the 4 championships and sustained success this late into the Duncan era. Those of us who are appreciative, but not satisfied (not when the team is so close) with that are sick of the resting on their laurels/hoping to win another championship mentality and would have liked to have seen them do what the Pacers did, which was shore up their weaknesses for once. Why is that asking too much?

Agloco
07-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Had you read the next sentence, you'd know that's not at all what I meant. It couldn't have been a more ignorant statement on your part.

Nah, it didn't change the context of your statement. You have have quite an extensive posting history to thank for that.

You and the rest of the apologists want people to have no opinions on a message board and instead constantly pat the front office on the back for the 4 championships and sustained success this late into the Duncan era. Those of us who are appreciative, but not satisfied (not when the team is so close) with that are sick of the resting on their laurels/hoping to win another championship mentality and would have liked to have seen them do what the Pacers did, which was shore up their weaknesses for once. Why is that asking too much?

Frankly it's not asking too much.......however, your expectations and statements don't match reality tbh. You're implying here that Buford et al didn't make any attempt (now or in the past) to make said improvements. I think that you're foolish for believing that.

Look, I'd like to see the franchise win another couple as well. There's more at play here than simply matching salaries and pulling the trigger though. There's usually another party involved in these acquisitions no?

Joseph Kony
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Glass full of bleach. Drink it already.
Do you ever talk basketball you fatshit? All you ever do on this site in shit talk people and tell them to "drink bleach" or suck off faggot posters like Obstructed View and lap up the jizz of older members like Solid D/Ed Helicopter Jones/timvp/etc. if anyone makes a point about anything and theyre not on your approved list of forum gods then you shit talk them when in reality you're a fucking dumbfuck that quit on his team and then acted like a bitch when you welshed on your promise to leave the forum. you dont post much anymore, but anytime you do, it's nothing but empty bandwidth.

take your own advice and guzzle that bleach down faggot

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 06:15 PM
The apologists never cease to amaze. As if freetiago said anything that wasn't true.
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

Good job. I've been labeled as a troll by some folks for having similar thoughts. I don't expect the FO to blowup the team or a championship every year but I do expect the FO to add a piece or two to help us get over the hump.

I don't give a shit if we were 28 seconds away from winning it all because being that close is not a reason to not improve the team considering all the cap space that was wasted on resigning a washed up SG in Manu and retaining Matt Bonner. Being 28 seconds away is not a reason to overpay Manu, cause he wasn't going anywhere else he wouldn't last, or not wanting to get rid of Matt Bonner.

The FO is never held accountable because Tim Duncan overrates the fuck out of them.

TD 21
07-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Nah, it didn't change the context of your statement. You have have quite an extensive posting history to thank for that.

You blatantly took it out of context. Unbeknownst to you, it is possible to critique something without suggesting it's poor or inept.

Frankly it's not asking too much.......however, your expectations and statements don't match reality tbh. You're implying here that Buford et al didn't make any attempt (now or in the past) to make said improvements. I think that you're foolish for believing that.

Look, I'd like to see the franchise win another couple as well. There's more at play here than simply matching salaries and pulling the trigger though. There's usually another party involved in these acquisitions no?

I'm not at all implying that; you just made that up. Of course they did their due diligence to get done what they wanted to, just like every other team does in every sport. Too bad that's irrelevant, since this is a results oriented business and they didn't get the results they needed to this off season.

Losers make excuses like that, while other contenders and pseudo ones almost always find ways to get done what they want. The Pacers are a perfect example of that. Next to no flexibility, nor assets (other than a late 1st), yet they've managed to re-build their bench.

Sdayi135
07-27-2013, 06:24 PM
The FO is never held accountable because Tim Duncan overrates the fuck out of them.

objective
07-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Pacers go 7 games and use the offseason to get better on paper. Spurs go 7 games and use the offseason to . . . well . . . save money, I guess? I think as far as % of the cap, the Spurs salaries this next year will be about the lowest in what, 10 years? Haven't done the math yet, but the team is really doing well as far as monies go. They get the full 7 games in the finals for all that revenue, but don't have to spend any money on rings or a parade and all the associated costs. Then they don't buy out Bonner, and then refuse to amnesty him. And draft a player in the first that they won't have to pay for awhile.

They get an Italian Neal, and a scrub from the Pacers who wasn't good enough to beat out Mahinmi or Hansborough for steady playing time. They had options, and they had all their future picks to put protections on for trade, they just couldn't/wouldn't do anything other than the average of keeping the same roster.

Good for Indiana. It might not work out because it's all just on paper, but they weren't content to just cross their fingers and hope that next time it will be different just because and pretend no one else was going to get better either.

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Pacers go 7 games and use the offseason to get better on paper. Spurs go 7 games and use the offseason to . . . well . . . save money, I guess? I think as far as % of the cap, the Spurs salaries this next year will be about the lowest in what, 10 years? Haven't done the math yet, but the team is really doing well as far as monies go. They get the full 7 games in the finals for all that revenue, but don't have to spend any money on rings or a parade and all the associated costs. Then they don't buy out Bonner, and then refuse to amnesty him. And draft a player in the first that they won't have to pay for awhile.

They get an Italian Neal, and a scrub from the Pacers who wasn't good enough to beat out Mahinmi or Hansborough for steady playing time. They had options, and they had all their future picks to put protections on for trade, they just couldn't/wouldn't do anything other than the average of keeping the same roster.

Good for Indiana. It might not work out because it's all just on paper, but they weren't content to just cross their fingers and hope that next time it will be different just because and pretend no one else was going to get better either.I liked your post but just change those two words to "waste money."

timtonymanu
07-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Do you ever talk basketball you fatshit? All you ever do on this site in shit talk people and tell them to "drink bleach" or suck off faggot posters like Obstructed View and lap up the jizz of older members like Solid D/Ed Helicopter Jones/timvp/etc. if anyone makes a point about anything and theyre not on your approved list of forum gods then you shit talk them when in reality you're a fucking dumbfuck that quit on his team and then acted like a bitch when you welshed on your promise to leave the forum. you dont post much anymore, but anytime you do, it's nothing but empty bandwidth.

rofl. QFT.

T Park
07-27-2013, 07:45 PM

Oh my.

T Park
07-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Good for Indiana. It might not work out because it's all just on paper, but they weren't content to just cross their fingers and hope that next time it will be different just because and pretend no one else was going to get better either.

Yeah that whole assets and not having them thing is just a terrible inconvenience...

Agloco
07-27-2013, 08:13 PM
You blatantly took it out of context. Unbeknownst to you, it is possible to critique something without suggesting it's poor or inept.

Ah yes, the "do as I say not as I do" moment. Keep the pearls of wisdom coming.

I'm not at all implying that; you just made that up. Of course they did their due diligence to get done what they wanted to, just like every other team does in every sport. Too bad that's irrelevant, since this is a results oriented business and they didn't get the results they needed to this off season.

Yes, yes. We've heard all of this before....as recently as last offseason after the WCF as I recall. The shitty thing is, eventually you'll be correct. Perhaps the coming season will yield the harvest you're looking for.

Losers make excuses like that, while other contenders and pseudo ones almost always find ways to get done what they want. The Pacers are a perfect example of that. Next to no flexibility, nor assets (other than a late 1st), yet they've managed to re-build their bench.

Good for the Pacers. If the Spurs find themselves in an identical situation in the future, your argument will hold water. And no, similar is not identical.

spurraider21
07-27-2013, 08:16 PM
the pacers had a pretty good offseason, not gna lie.

but the same people that rag on the mavs for breaking apart their championship team didn't want us, a team that was the closest team ever not to win one, to break ours apart by not resigning manu and/or tiago

TD 21
07-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes, yes. We've heard all of this before....as recently as last offseason after the WCF as I recall. The shitty thing is, eventually you'll be correct. Perhaps the coming season will yield the harvest you're looking for.

They got lucky, both internally (unless you think they had something to do with Duncan somehow turning back the clock to the extent he did, Parker somehow getting a bit better and Leonard continuing his rapid ascent) and externally (the Thunder made a terrible trade, the Lakers self combusted and between the Westbrook injury and the three teams they had to go through and the state two were in physically, they had as easy a path to the Finals as possible in the West).

Good for the Pacers. If the Spurs find themselves in an identical situation in the future, your argument will hold water. And no, similar is not identical.

The Spurs had more flexibility, have more assets and also have lesser needs and should have more of an urgency to win now. Try as you might, there is no viable excuse for their sub par off season.

Joseph Kony
07-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Oh my.

That's right faggot, you have no words.

TE
07-27-2013, 09:41 PM

:lol Kony bullying scrubs in the paint, tbh

barakz21
07-27-2013, 10:39 PM

well played! :rollin

T Park
07-27-2013, 11:43 PM
That's right faggot, you have no words.

No I do, I'm just laughing at Internet tough guy. Good for you.

Your mom is calling, time to clean your room.

Joseph Kony
07-28-2013, 08:37 AM
No I do, I'm just laughing at Internet tough guy. Good for you.

Your mom is calling, time to clean your room.

Good one fatass. I'm not the one running from thread to thread telling others to drink bleach or play in traffic, that's you. then again we all know you're a porky looking faggot with a red nose so it would pretty hard for someone of your prodigious girth to pretend to be a tough guy

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 09:13 AM
:lol Kony bullying scrubs in the paint, tbh

:lol Not really, tbh

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Good one fatass. I'm not the one running from thread to thread telling others to drink bleach or play in traffic, that's you. then again we all know you're a porky looking faggot with a red nose so it would pretty hard for someone of your prodigious girth to pretend to be a tough guy

Shut up

K-State Spur
07-28-2013, 10:00 AM

I actually like Indiana's offseason a lot, especially Watson - whose low turnover rate should play well for a team that struggled at times to even get the ball into their offense against Miami's pressure D.

But it should be noted that they had numerous GLARING holes (by contender standards). Better ballhandling and reliable 3rd big just being 2 of them.

Spurs don't have any major weaknesses. The ones they do have are at spots that don't figure to play more than 8-10 mpg (maybe half that in postseason), and there really wasn't any way to land an impact guy at those slots without creating big (probably BIGGER) issues elsewhere - i.e. letting Tiago walk for cap room.

And for all the talk of Spurs not being able to land players, that is almost entirely based on missing out on Kidd in '03 (who took almost 20% more $ to stay in NJ). Otherwise, Spurs have rarely had any legit money to offer these guys. Might as well say that the Lakers have proven that they can't land any impact FAs either since they haven't done so since the CBA was overhauled in '99. Spurs were able to land Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, Van Exel, Udoka, Gooden, McDyess, & Diaw - to various success/failure, but each had other suitors (often offering more). They've also been able to keep virtually every FA they wanted to since Captain Jack (and even that wasn't an all-out effort).

Humberto
07-28-2013, 12:51 PM

:rollin

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I actually like Indiana's offseason a lot, especially Watson - whose low turnover rate should play well for a team that struggled at times to even get the ball into their offense against Miami's pressure D.

But it should be noted that they had numerous GLARING holes (by contender standards). Better ballhandling and reliable 3rd big just being 2 of them.

Spurs don't have any major weaknesses. The ones they do have are at spots that don't figure to play more than 8-10 mpg (maybe half that in postseason), and there really wasn't any way to land an impact guy at those slots without creating big (probably BIGGER) issues elsewhere - i.e. letting Tiago walk for cap room.Manu could've taken half of the $14.5M that the FO rewarded him for his pathetic performance in the NBA finals and the FO could've amnestied Matt Bonner. Doing those two things probably would've landed us a pretty good FA.

And for all the talk of Spurs not being able to land players, that is almost entirely based on missing out on Kidd in '03 (who took almost 20% more $ to stay in NJ). Otherwise, Spurs have rarely had any legit money to offer these guys. Might as well say that the Lakers have proven that they can't land any impact FAs either since they haven't done so since the CBA was overhauled in '99. Spurs were able to land Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, Van Exel, Udoka, Gooden, McDyess, & Diaw - to various success/failure, but each had other suitors (often offering more). They've also been able to keep virtually every FA they wanted to since Captain Jack (and even that wasn't an all-out effort).Most of those players that you mentioned came during a time when the Spurs were winning championships. They haven't won shit since 2007 so a lot of free agents just view us as playoff contenders and nothing else.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Manu could've taken half of the $14.5M that the FO rewarded him for his pathetic performance in the NBA finals and the FO could've amnestied Matt Bonner. Doing those two things probably would've landed us a pretty good FA.

Most of those players that you mentioned came during a time when the Spurs were winning championships. They haven't won shit since 2007 so a lot of free agents just view us as playoff contenders and nothing else.

:lmao

Chinook
07-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Manu could've taken half of the $14.5M that the FO rewarded him for his pathetic performance in the NBA finals and the FO could've amnestied Matt Bonner. Doing those two things probably would've landed us a pretty good FA.

Most of those players that you mentioned came during a time when the Spurs were winning championships. They haven't won shit since 2007 so a lot of free agents just view us as playoff contenders and nothing else.

As I've said before, it was really the 2009 off-season that closed the Spurs' window for a couple of seasons. They made big moves to shore up their weaknesses, and they ended up haunting them for the next two years. Pop relied too much on retreads, and the team missed out on several opportunities to bring in young talent. They could have gotten Amir Johnson and Trevor Ariza (whom I don't think would have busted on the Spurs) while keeping Bowen and Thomas to make further trades. But they wanted win-now players instead.

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 03:08 PM
As I've said before, it was really the 2009 off-season that closed the Spurs' window for a couple of seasons. They made big moves to shore up their weaknesses, and they ended up haunting them for the next two years. Pop relied too much on retreads, and the team missed out on several opportunities to bring in young talent. They could have gotten Amir Johnson and Trevor Ariza (whom I don't think would have busted on the Spurs) while keeping Bowen and Thomas to make further trades. But they wanted win-now players instead.

As good as the Spurs FO is, and arguably the best in all of sports if you can believe the experts consensus of opinions, they still make their fair share of mistakes. At least, as some of us point these mistakes out, we don't whine about it or post the same drivel over and over again until it becomes painfully redundant.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 03:12 PM
As good as the Spurs FO is, and arguably the best in all of sports if you can believe the experts consensus of opinions, they still make their fair share of mistakes. At least, as some of us point these mistakes out, we don't whine about it or post the same drivel over and over again until it becomes painfully redundant.

No FO is perfect, but the Spurs definitely have one of the top FO's in the league. Very cautious and patient. Very boring virtues to most fans, but I think it save us a lot of greif in the long run. I think our FO is very careful to make sure the players we get don't screw up team chemistry and are willing to play our style of unselfish ball. Not all players are like that.

Chinook
07-28-2013, 03:18 PM

Sure, but I am just saying how this attitude that the Spurs need to do whatever they can to win a ring this season is potentially harmful. Because the front office had that desperation a few years ago, they ended up squandering two of Duncan's last years on ill-built teams. Their new plan is working much better. I don't get why people are so inclined to have them stray for people like Scola.

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Sure, but I am just saying how this attitude that the Spurs need to do whatever they can to win a ring this season is potentially harmful. Because the front office had that desperation a few years ago, they ended up squandering two of Duncan's last years on ill-built teams. Their new plan is working much better. I don't get why people are so inclined to have them stray for people like Scola.

I agree. Their course may not appear to be the flashy news worthy course, but it quite possibly may be the soundest course.
I still think they go after Oden however, for all the positive reasons that have already been enumerated, and IMHO that really isn't the flashy course, but rather an educated gamble with a potentially very high upside.

TD 21
07-28-2013, 05:18 PM

Spurs don't have any major weaknesses. The ones they do have are at spots that don't figure to play more than 8-10 mpg (maybe half that in postseason), and there really wasn't any way to land an impact guy at those slots without creating big (probably BIGGER) issues elsewhere - i.e. letting Tiago walk for cap room.

And for all the talk of Spurs not being able to land players, that is almost entirely based on missing out on Kidd in '03 (who took almost 20% more $ to stay in NJ). Otherwise, Spurs have rarely had any legit money to offer these guys. Might as well say that the Lakers have proven that they can't land any impact FAs either since they haven't done so since the CBA was overhauled in '99. Spurs were able to land Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, Van Exel, Udoka, Gooden, McDyess, & Diaw - to various success/failure, but each had other suitors (often offering more). They've also been able to keep virtually every FA they wanted to since Captain Jack (and even that wasn't an all-out effort).

Unless you count yourself among the apologists, I wasn't talking about you and I did point out that they had more weaknesses (along with less flexibility and assets), which only makes it all the more impressive what they did.

What are you talking about? Until proven otherwise, backup PG is a major weakness and because it is, Parker is going to continue to have to run himself ragged all regular season to get this team a top few seed and then he's going to have to do it for four rounds (with increased minutes, no less), all while avoiding getting banged up. If he does, they're screwed, since they probably don't have someone good enough to play at that level period and definitely don't for more than 8-10 minutes.

No, it's almost entirely based on hearing about them supposedly being interested in a bunch of names every off season and missing out on damn near every one, especially the ones they want most. These are just off the top of my head from recent years: Maggette, Bell, Butler, Howard, Hill, Martin, Camby, Kirilenko and in the coming days, you can add Oden.

Joseph Kony
07-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Shut up

:cry

come talk to me when you retarded chimp brain can piece together legit bball discussion, gnsf. until then get back to oiling up that butthole for me

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
:cry

come talk to me when you retarded chimp brain can piece together legit bball discussion, gnsf. until then get back to oiling up that butthole for me

You are easily the stupidest and most obnoxious troll on this website. You simply blew past the competition.
Congrats, numbnuts!

TE
07-28-2013, 06:41 PM
:lol Not really, tbh

Oh really? Why not?

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Oh really? Why not?

Because I don't consider somebody trying to be a tough guy while hiding behind a computer screen as "bullying scrubs in the paint."

TE
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Because I don't consider somebody trying to be a tough guy while hiding behind a computer screen as "bullying scrubs in the paint."

:lol so your ignoring T_Parks initial comment to the OP? Way to go "numbnuts":lol

TE
07-28-2013, 07:04 PM
You are easily the stupidest and most obnoxious troll on this website. You simply blew past the competition.
Congrats, numbnuts!

Lookit this tough guy!

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Lookit this tough guy!

The big difference is I don't go on a massive cursing storm making myself look like a wanna be thug

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 07:07 PM
:lol so your ignoring T_Parks initial comment to the OP? Way to go "numbnuts":lol

How about you go address him, then?

TE
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
The big difference is I don't go on a massive cursing storm making myself look like a wanna be thug

Bbbbbut you're still acting like a tough guy on the internet! Something you claim people do when you get your feelings hurt...

TE
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
How about you go address him, then?

It was addressed but not by me. You should read the post again.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
It was addressed but not by me. You should read the post again.

Oh I see, you just pick and choose then? And from what I'm gathering, you don't have a problem with I termed tough guys if they share your views. Hypocritical much?

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Bbbbbut you're still acting like a tough guy on the internet! Something you claim people do when you get your feelings hurt...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

TE
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I'm exposing you for being a hypocrite. Yesterday I shat all over you and got your feelings hurt to which you started whining that I was :cry a tough guy :cry. Today you hypocritically tried acting a tough guy (which you also suck at).

:lol it's been a two-day baptism in fire for you, grey

Robz4000
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
TE making his rounds tbh, nothing to see here folks!

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm exposing you for being a hypocrite. Yesterday I shat all over you and got your feelings hurt to which you started whining that I was :cry a tough guy :cry. Today you hypocritically tried acting a tough guy (which you also suck at).

:lol it's been a two-day baptism in fire for you, grey

Now I now for sure you're being a troll

K-State Spur
07-29-2013, 09:03 AM
What are you talking about? Until proven otherwise, backup PG is a major weakness and because it is, Parker is going to continue to have to run himself ragged all regular season to get this team a top few seed and then he's going to have to do it for four rounds (with increased minutes, no less), all while avoiding getting banged up. If he does, they're screwed, since they probably don't have someone good enough to play at that level period and definitely don't for more than 8-10 minutes.

No, it's almost entirely based on hearing about them supposedly being interested in a bunch of names every off season and missing out on damn near every one, especially the ones they want most. These are just off the top of my head from recent years: Maggette, Bell, Butler, Howard, Hill, Martin, Camby, Kirilenko and in the coming days, you can add Oden.

1) Backup PG is not a "major" weakness. We got through the regular season fine with CoJo & Nando. All while managing to to play Parker less than 33 mpg & posting a winning record in the 16 games he missed. Then Joseph provided solid, if unspectacular play throughout the playoffs - until game 4 of the Finals (bear in mind that was after helping the offense hold serve with Parker out in the second half of game 3). Both of those players would figure to improve with another year's experience.

That said, would I love upgrading at backup PG to a guy we can trust for all 7 games in an NBA Finals. Absolutely - that series that just finished was so close that I think TJ Ford could have swung it our way if not for terrible luck. But there's a difference between looking to upgrade and addressing a "major" weakness.

2) You can roll off an impressive list of misses for literally every team in the league. Nobody gets 100% of the guys they want - not even LA & MIA. And most of the guys took more money elsewhere.

TD 21
07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
1) Backup PG is not a "major" weakness. We got through the regular season fine with CoJo & Nando. All while managing to to play Parker less than 33 mpg & posting a winning record in the 16 games he missed. Then Joseph provided solid, if unspectacular play throughout the playoffs - until game 4 of the Finals (bear in mind that was after helping the offense hold serve with Parker out in the second half of game 3). Both of those players would figure to improve with another year's experience.

That said, would I love upgrading at backup PG to a guy we can trust for all 7 games in an NBA Finals. Absolutely - that series that just finished was so close that I think TJ Ford could have swung it our way if not for terrible luck. But there's a difference between looking to upgrade and addressing a "major" weakness.

2) You can roll off an impressive list of misses for literally every team in the league. Nobody gets 100% of the guys they want - not even LA & MIA. And most of the guys took more money elsewhere.

1) It is a major weakness, which is why Pop never settled on one until game one of the playoffs. And it's not like he went with Joseph because he thought he earned it (otherwise he'd have been going with him down the stretch of the regular season), it was more like he saw him as the lesser of two evils.

It's pretty difficult to look bad when you rarely play more than 3 minutes at a time and you literally have zero offensive responsibility, outside of advancing the ball. Unfortunately, this comes off as my relentlessly ripping the guy and I don't mean to, because I also think he played about as well as could be expected given the circumstances . . . but there's a difference between playing well given the circumstances and playing well period.

2) Sure, but no contender has as consistently poor a record as the Spurs. The Spurs, almost always, get spurned.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:57 AM
1) It is a major weakness, which is why Pop never settled on one until game one of the playoffs. And it's not like he went with Joseph because he thought he earned it (otherwise he'd have been going with him down the stretch of the regular season), it was more like he saw him as the lesser of two evils.

It's pretty difficult to look bad when you rarely play more than 3 minutes at a time and you literally have zero offensive responsibility, outside of advancing the ball. Unfortunately, this comes off as my relentlessly ripping the guy and I don't mean to, because I also think he played about as well as could be expected given the circumstances . . . but there's a difference between playing well given the circumstances and playing well period.

2) Sure, but no contender has as consistently poor a record as the Spurs. The Spurs, almost always, get spurned.

I think I agree with you on both points, that is if I understood them correctly.
My hope is that Cojo gets a lot more work this year so that he has the confidence he needs going into the playoffs, and more importantly the confidence of Pop, IF they make the playoffs that is. Nothing is a given especially when it comes to avoiding injuries.

K-State Spur
07-30-2013, 11:29 AM

We're not going to play the back-up PG much more than 3 minutes at a time* and/or give them much offensive responsibility - hence the reason it's not a "major" weakness. It's strictly a limited role - one that CoJo performed admirably right up until the final 4 games. For the postseason, his PER was 13.2 - for comparison, Chalmers was 11.2 & Cole was 12.4. Chalmers is a better defender at this juncture (long term, I'd take Joseph), but Cole certainly isn't.

Maybe, we're arguing semantics - but if having two roughly league average (by the numbers) backup PGs is a "major weakness", then 20+ teams have that major weakness. When it's an issue that 2/3 of the league is facing, I don't think it can be considered major.

*If we do, it's because Parker's hurt - and an injury there makes championship hopes moot regardless of who we signed to back him up.

TD 21
07-31-2013, 03:21 PM
We're not going to play the back-up PG much more than 3 minutes at a time* and/or give them much offensive responsibility - hence the reason it's not a "major" weakness. It's strictly a limited role - one that CoJo performed admirably right up until the final 4 games. For the postseason, his PER was 13.2 - for comparison, Chalmers was 11.2 & Cole was 12.4. Chalmers is a better defender at this juncture (long term, I'd take Joseph), but Cole certainly isn't.

Maybe, we're arguing semantics - but if having two roughly league average (by the numbers) backup PGs is a "major weakness", then 20+ teams have that major weakness. When it's an issue that 2/3 of the league is facing, I don't think it can be considered major.

*If we do, it's because Parker's hurt - and an injury there makes championship hopes moot regardless of who we signed to back him up.

Of course Pop would prefer to be able to give Parker roughly five minute breaks in the playoffs, but he quickly discovered that, with Ginobili and Neal scuffling, that wasn't going to be practical, so he instead gave Parker two two-three minute breaks.

The PER is solid enough, but it's in such limited minutes and with such limited responsibility, that it should be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least. The same goes for Mills. The bottom line is, are either or De Colo good enough to play against the Heat or Thunder? If you're like me and believe the answer to be no, then they're not sufficient.

Joseph Kony
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM

butthurt faggot :lol

dallasmaverickslose
08-07-2013, 09:15 AM
butthurt faggot :lol

Lol what a bitchass. This convo ended a week ago. :lol

Joseph Kony
08-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Lol what a bitchass. This convo ended a week ago. :lol

doesn't change my initial statement regarding the nature of your butthurt

dallasmaverickslose
08-07-2013, 09:23 AM
doesn't change my initial statement regarding the nature of your butthurt

That's nice. Nobody really cares.

Joseph Kony
08-07-2013, 09:29 AM
apparently you do since you're instantly replying to my posts, faggot :lol

Joseph Kony
08-07-2013, 09:30 AM
lol "nobody cares" when my nigga TE shat all over you on the previous page for being a hypocritical piece of shit :lmao

look_at_g_shred
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Can't wait for the first matchup against the Pacers...Great basketball.