PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Gary Neal is going to Milwaukee (update: $6.5M/2 years)

MarHill
07-27-2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/27/4562784/gary-neal-milwaukee-bucks-nba-free-agency-2013

Gary Neal is probably going to Milwaukee. The article states that the Hawks and Rockets were interested as well. However, they didn't have as much cap space as the Bucks.

Good for him. Hope he gets a decent payday. He played the good soldier while he was here in San Antonio and hit some big shots.

:toast

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Dang... I kinda feel bad for him, tbh. I'd rather go to the Bobcats than Milwaukee, tbh.

MarHill
07-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I just saw the other thread about Neal and they have mentioned this information there as well. Oops!!

bdictjames
07-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I hope he averages at least 15 a game.

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 11:18 AM
I wish him the best.

...Except when he plays us.

Twisted_Dawg
07-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Dang... I kinda feel bad for him, tbh. I'd rather go to the Bobcats than Milwaukee, tbh.

Why would you feel said for him? He had 4 teams negotiating for him and he apparently took the best financial deal. My guess it's between $3.5 - $5 million per year for 4 years. You should be happy the guy nailed down that kind of contract.

racm
07-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Why would you feel said for him? He had 4 teams negotiating for him and he apparently took the best financial deal. My guess it's between $3.5 - $5 million per year for 4 years. You should be happy the guy nailed down that kind of contract.

The Boobcats are being deliberately bad until Jordan orders Cho to stop the tank.

Herb Kohl orgasms every time the Bucks make the 8th seed.

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 11:27 AM

I mean, unless they prove us wrong, Milwaukee has always seemed to be one of those mediocre teams stuck in 8th seed year after year...

T Park
07-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Lots of shots, more money, and more playing time. Good luck Gary.

TXstbobcat
07-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Best of luck to him. Looks like he could get a nice contract from Milwaukee.

benefactor
07-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Like I said a few days ago, Neal will be 29 when the season starts and knows his value is at it's highest. It would be foolish to try to chase a ring on a minimum contract at this point in his career. He needs to sign a multi-year deal and get his money now. Being a good, clutch shooter will give him value even late into his career. If he signs a four year deal he will only be 33 when that deal ends. Then he can go chase rings on a minimum contract for a contender that needs a shooter off the bench.

loveforthegame
07-27-2013, 12:58 PM
I hope the money is obscene. It would be a tough pill to swallow to go from SA to MIL otherwise.

CitizenDwayne
07-27-2013, 12:59 PM
So he's gonna kick our ass at least once this season.

MultiTroll
07-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the Championship contribution Gary.

cjw
07-27-2013, 01:04 PM
So he's gonna kick our ass at least once this season.

Given it won't be in the finals, I'm fine with that just like SJax did when playing for the Bucks (as long as we still win the game). Too bad we won't have Gary Neal playing D though, which may make it tougher on him.

Hoops Czar
07-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Given it won't be in the finals, I'm fine with that just like SJax did when playing for the Bucks (as long as we still win the game). Too bad we won't have Gary Neal playing D though, which may make it tougher on him.
Belinelli isn't a good defender either.

td4mvp2k
07-27-2013, 01:11 PM
shootn waz great n a great spur

elemento
07-27-2013, 01:15 PM
GL to Gary in Milwaukee.

bdictjames
07-27-2013, 01:18 PM
What I have seen in the Bulls games that I watch is that he hustles to defend, and that's a step in the right direction. He's never lazy when he's on the court.

racm
07-27-2013, 01:25 PM

Belinelli's biggest boon is his ability to drive, not defense.

Sean Cagney
07-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Atleast he is not out West where he can hit a shot on us in the playoffs or have one of those 5 three games! I wish him well.

racm
07-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Atleast he is not out West where he can hit a shot on us in the playoffs or have one of those 5 three games! I wish him well.

If Larry Drew starts him Parker could get a triple double or post 40 against him. :lol

TheWriter
07-27-2013, 01:43 PM

He actually is. I guess the hoops you're czar of comes in hula.

Budkin
07-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks for everything Gary. You'll be missed!

PlayNando
07-27-2013, 01:46 PM
He'll get plenty of chances to chuck and play Hero there, tbh. Good for him.

FireMicoHalili
07-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the Championship contribution Gary.
what championship

Poolboy5623
07-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Neal will have a tough time playing on a roster, like Milwaukee has.. spurs system got him a lot of open looks.

Hoops Czar
07-27-2013, 02:05 PM
He actually is. I guess the hoops you're czar of comes in hula.

2007 115 D-rating
2008 116
2009 114
2010 109
2011 109
2012 109

Playoffs

2010 118
2012 113

Gary Neal

2010 109
2011 107
2012 106

Playoffs

2010 108
2011 109
2012 106

Quite clowning yourself!!!

jestersmash
07-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Neal will have a tough time playing on a roster, like Milwaukee has.. spurs system got him a lot of open looks.

Not really. Gary's bread and butter was one dribble pick and roll pull up jumpers, or dribble up to the 3 point line in transition and pull up for a 3 pointer, or pick and roll floater.

80%+ of Gary's shots had nothing to do with the "system" and everything to do with him handling the ball (albeit poorly) and creating a shot for himself.

Danny Green is a system player. Most of his shots come off the ball and are set up by his teammates. Gary Neal is not.

Sean Cagney
07-27-2013, 02:15 PM
If Larry Drew starts him Parker could get a triple double or post 40 against him. :lol

I can agree with that there lol.

rayray2k8
07-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Gary Neal Agrees To Two-Year, $3M Deal With Bucks

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229148/Gary-Neal-Agrees-To-Two-Year-$3M-Deal-With-Bucks

benefactor
07-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Other reports say 6.5 million. I'm inclined to believe that over 1.5 per year. No way Neal settled for that.

rayray2k8
07-27-2013, 03:34 PM
damn, 6.5?? That would make more sense on why Gary Neal held out for soo long. Be stupid of him not to take that deal. Oh well, one less guard on the team now.

silverblk mystix
07-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Spurs keep Bonner and overpay him...but let Neal go for cheap.

Idiots in here are OK with it.

This is what the Spurs and Spurs fans have become.

Agloco
07-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Best of luck to Gary. He deserves his payday.

:toast

ducks
07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
1.5 million lol
looks like neal was really all that

Big P
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Thibs is harder on as hard on his team as Pop is with the Spurs...Marco would not have played in Chicago if he did not play defense..I'm not saying he is an outstanding defender, but I think he is a serviceable defender and will learn what Pop and the team expect from him.

Austin_Toros
07-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Is anyone happy to see Gary Neal leave?

DapDaGenius
07-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Is anyone happy to see Gary Neal leave?

Yes. We'll no longer have to deal with his chucking and inconsistency.

Going to miss the typical SpurTalk reaction to Neal getting playing time. Neal gets put in a game and everyone on ST starts complaining. Then he makes one shot and his dick riders say "Gary shuttin' down haters tonight", then Neal finishes the game going like 3 for 13....and his dick riders crawl back into the shadows.

bigfan
07-27-2013, 05:56 PM
I wish him the best, glad he got a payday. He paid his dues as a Spur, was a good teammate and saved our bacon more than a few times. Good luck.

TD 21
07-27-2013, 06:11 PM

They decided that because Belinelli's white/European, he must have a much higher IQ than Neal . . . wait until they actually watch him and realize that, from the poor shot selection to the shoddy defense (less shoddy, but still), he's nothing more than a worse version of a healthy Neal, since the two things he does best, a healthy Neal does better.

Hoops Czar
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Thibs is harder on as hard on his team as Pop is with the Spurs...Marco would not have played in Chicago if he did not play defense..I'm not saying he is an outstanding defender, but I think he is a serviceable defender and will learn what Pop and the team expect from him.

You can't squeeze blood from a turnip and the numbers I posted on page one of this thread bare that out. His defensive numbers were far worse than Neal's last year. I suspect for the same reason the Spurs let Neal walk, Chicago passed on an offer to Belinelli.

Darius McCrary
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I was really pissed at neal for having a horrible season, but his playoffs, particularity game 3's performance, made me regain that affinity i had for him.

Sucks to see him go, especially since he was a ball handler.
I'll miss him, best of luck.

Strategic
07-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes. We'll will no longer have to deal with his chucking and inconsistency.

Going to miss the typical SpurTalk reaction to Neal getting playing time. Neal gets put in a game and everyone on ST starts complaining. Then he makes one shot and his dick riders say "Gary shuttin' down haters tonight", then Neal finishes the game going like 3 for 13....and his dick riders crawl back into the shadows.:rollin

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
:lol @ Gary Neal being the scapegoat whenever we lost.

:lol @ Matt Bonner being the scapegoat whenever we lost.

:lol @ Manu costing us the championship yet he doesn't take any blame by the homers.

:lol @ Manu having 8 turnovers yet "it was the whole team's fault that we lost Game 6."

:lol @ Spurs homers being hypocrites saying "Good Bye Gary Neal, we will miss you."

Geez, I hope the Spurs get rid of Matt Bonner too because I would love to see who the new scapegoat will be.

DapDaGenius
07-27-2013, 07:31 PM
:lol @ Gary Neal being the scapegoat whenever we lost.

:lol @ Matt Bonner being the scapegoat whenever we lost.

:lol @ Manu costing us the championship yet he doesn't take any blame by the homers.

:lol @ Manu having 8 turnovers yet "it was the whole team's fault that we lost Game 6."

:lol @ Spurs homers being hypocrites saying "Good Bye Gary Neal, we will miss you."

Geez, I hope the Spurs get rid of Matt Bonner too because I would love to see who the new scapegoat will be.

I hope Bonner leaves too.

ploto
07-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Thank you Pop and RC. This is the only thing I cared that you do this off-season. For three years I have barely watched a handful of games and not attended a single one in person for the sole reason that seeing this man on the court in a Spurs uniform - one once worn by David Robinson - literally made me physically ill.

Even better, Neal was replaced by a player I already know and like from his year in Toronto with Rasho. :)

Robz4000
07-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Gonna miss you Gary.

One last time...

Neal with it.

elmanutres
07-27-2013, 09:04 PM

:rolleyes

elmanutres
07-27-2013, 09:08 PM
don't lie, most of you guys hated him. But he took a huge paycut for us and played well against the heat for us, and now it's time for him to make money. I hated neal for his hero ball and bad defense but what more can you ask for a guy taking the rookie min. Thanks neal. You made me want to pull my hair out sometimes but you made some big shots and took a big paycut. Now go out and make some $$$$

cd98
07-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow. Neal took a pay cut to play for the Bucks. First time an NBA player ever did that.

yavozerb
07-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Wow. Neal took a pay cut to play for the Bucks. First time an NBA player ever did that.

Am I missing some info, who did he bypass for more $?

tesseractive
07-27-2013, 10:40 PM
The Boobcats are being deliberately bad until Jordan orders Cho to stop the tank.

Herb Kohl orgasms every time the Bucks make the 8th seed.

I get why that means you'd rather be a fan of Charlotte, but as a veteran player? I'd much rather play for a team gunning to win 40 games (more, if you can find a way) than a team gunning to win 20, and not trying very hard. If I were a player, the Bobcats could call me AFTER they got that franchise player and started playing to win.

T Park
07-27-2013, 11:42 PM
They decided that because Belinelli's white/European, he must have a much higher IQ than Neal . . . wait until they actually watch him and realize that, from the poor shot selection to the shoddy defense (less shoddy, but still), he's nothing more than a worse version of a healthy Neal, since the two things he does best, a healthy Neal does better.

Gary Neal is a better ball handler and driver of the ball than Belinelli? That would be news to the rest of the world.

jestersmash
07-27-2013, 11:44 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

Truth4sale$
07-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Good Luck Gary...you offense will be missed can't say the same about your ball handling and defense

ColinB
07-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Thank you Pop and RC. This is the only thing I cared that you do this off-season. For three years I have barely watched a handful of games and not attended a single one in person for the sole reason that seeing this man on the court in a Spurs uniform - one once worn by David Robinson - literally made me physically ill.

Even better, Neal was replaced by a player I already know and like from his year in Toronto with Rasho. :)

Sorry, but is this a serious past? I can't tell.

cd98
07-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Just having some fun. The idea of any player taking a paycut to play with the Bucks is hilarious.

LarryDavid
07-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Congrats and good luck Neal. 2 years at 6.5.

jestersmash
07-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Just having some fun. The idea of any player taking a paycut to play with the Bucks is hilarious.

Who offered Neal more money, and how much?

therealtruth
07-28-2013, 02:56 AM
This will be like getting rid of RJ. Addition by subtraction. Being able to have all competent defenders in our rotation will improve our defense.

barakz21
07-28-2013, 05:39 AM
As much as I hate him for being a chucker, I gotta say he deserves this payday. Despite being a chucker and a turnstile on D, he was a pretty good soldier who never complained if he was in the doghouse. And despite those negative contributions, he also had positive contributions in key moments. Seriously, I hope he does well in Milwaukee. :toast

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 06:27 AM
I am glad for Neal, he deserved more money after paying his dues with the Spurs, but I am just disappointed the Spurs got nothing for him. I imagine they will probably get nothing for Blair too if the trend continues, which isn't saying a lot for the FO.

benfti
07-28-2013, 06:33 AM
I am glad for Neal, he deserved more money after paying his dues with the Spurs, but I am just disappointed the Spurs got nothing for him. I imagine they will probably get nothing for Blair too if the trend continues, which isn't saying a lot for the FO.

No, it speaks volumes, PATFO knows how they see the roster going into next season, Neal was surplus to our needs, so we did what we had to to facilitate the best result for him. That's why we one of the most respected organisations in world sports.

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 06:48 AM
No, it speaks volumes, PATFO knows how they see the roster going into next season, Neal was surplus to our needs, so we did what we had to to facilitate the best result for him. That's why we one of the most respected organisations in world sports.

In other words it was a gift.

benfti
07-28-2013, 07:28 AM
In other words it was a gift.

to the player? Hell yes it was. Good form too.

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Whatever it is he is still a millionaire sports figure making a hell of a lot more than I ever made! Good for him!

benefactor
07-28-2013, 08:15 AM
So, he's making 1.5 million per year for 2 years right? Not 3 mill per season.
No...it's over 3 million per season...Aldridge has even reported the deal being 2 years/7 million. Either way, he got the contract he was looking for and I'm glad for him.

Vash StampedE
07-28-2013, 08:21 AM
This will be like getting rid of RJ. Addition by subtraction. Being able to have all competent defenders in our rotation will improve our defense.
Judging by how you used RJ as a comparison, I bet you only look at players' negatives.

Darius Bieber
07-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Gary Neal's defense was definitely a drawback. But what he contributed on his salary for the Spurs was truly amazing. His 3 pointers in the dying seconds to tie the Clippers and Grizzlies a year ago was amazing. I wish him nothing but the best up north. I'm just glad he didn't sign with a contender.

Darkwaters
07-28-2013, 08:48 AM
That's a pretty nice payday for Gary. I'm sure he'll get a ton of shots in Milwaukee too which could lead to a few more million in a couple years when this contract ends.

Good luck Gary. I look forward to seeing you when you come to town. Just, you know, take it easy on us.

silverblackfan
07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Thank Neal for all the clutch shots and always being a threat on offense. You were a bargain. I am sure the Bucks will love your game.

Vash StampedE
07-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Well deserved. Appreciated all that he's done for the Spurs. Hope he do good there and have a long career.

therealtruth
07-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Judging by how you used RJ as a comparison, I bet you only look at players' negatives.

I'm not discounting Gary's scoring abilities but that doesn't help you win a championship as much as better defense. The past few seasons we've been able to score well but we didn't get back to the Finals till we improved our defense. Neal was easily the weakest link defensively and that hurt us against the Heat. The series was so close if GN doesn't make as many defensive mistakes we probably win. The killer of course is when he let a shoeless Miller hit a crucial 3 in game 6.

CGD
07-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Suerte Neal

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm not discounting Gary's scoring abilities but that doesn't help you win a championship as much as better defense. The past few seasons we've been able to score well but we didn't get back to the Finals till we improved our defense. Neal was easily the weakest link defensively and that hurt us against the Heat. The series was so close if GN doesn't make as many defensive mistakes we probably win. The killer of course is when he let a shoeless Miller hit a crucial 3 in game 6.

Maybe so, but I contend that game 6 was full of mistakes by lots of different Spurs at various parts of the game. We should have won. And if they had been just a tad bit luckier, they would have.

Vash StampedE
07-28-2013, 10:14 AM
It's just that I'm one of the few here who are big fans of Neal and I kind of got offended by you comparing him to RJ, who obviously contributed nothing to the team.

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 10:26 AM
It's just that I'm one of the few here who are big fans of Neal and I kind of got offended by you comparing him to RJ, who obviously contributed nothing to the team.

Maybe so, and I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. For the same reason that is why I keep defending Manu and Pop too, as I do Neal. People cannot just pin the loss on just one or two people, it isn't fair to do so because no one is perfect, and regardless of circumstances or how much some overly opinionated and biased some fans are, the honest truth is: basketball IS A TEAM sport, and irregardless of what someone might believe, that fact still remains a fact, so blaming one or two or three or four people is pointless, and naive at best. And that is a fact, Jack!:hat

Rogue
07-28-2013, 10:45 AM
next season will turn out to be a breakthrough for Neal as I predicted earlier. Bucks will make him a starter on the backcourt hopefully (with Monta & Jennings both gone) and he will have the total freedom to launch shots because that's exactly the game style of Milwaukee. Seems like Neal made a great choice for himself imho

PlayNando
07-28-2013, 11:03 AM
LOL at the Hero. 2 years, $6.5 million? :lol

Captivus
07-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Best of luck Gary!!

therealtruth
07-28-2013, 03:30 PM
next season will turn out to be a breakthrough for Neal as I predicted earlier. Bucks will make him a starter on the backcourt hopefully (with Monta & Jennings both gone) and he will have the total freedom to launch shots because that's exactly the game style of Milwaukee. Seems like Neal made a great choice for himself imho

How's he going to start over OJ Mayo?

Holden_Caulfield
07-28-2013, 03:43 PM
How's he going to start over OJ Mayo?

hes gonna start at pg lol.

DJR210
07-28-2013, 03:59 PM
The women of Milwaukee better sleep with one eye open with this guy in town.

KL2
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Good to seem him get paid, I'm happy for him. He played for peanuts in SA, I think he got paid less that 2.5 mill his entire time here.

Good news he's going to the bucks and not some western team, he can still catch fire in a playoff game.

TD 21
07-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Gary Neal is a better ball handler and driver of the ball than Belinelli? That would be news to the rest of the world.

Yeah, that's what Belinelli does best and there's such a big difference between them in those two areas. :rolleyes

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that's what Belinelli does best and there's such a big difference between them in those two areas. :rolleyes

What I find encouraging about Belinelli, besides the fact he took less money to play for the Spurs, is that he actually started to play some decent defense with the Bulls. If he can expand on that under Pop, then we may have a jewel in the ruff.

Marrow
07-28-2013, 07:43 PM
and the last of the spurs unproductive players has finally left the building...Mr Neal deserves the $$$ congrats

elemento
07-28-2013, 07:48 PM
All I can do is wish him the best.

Had his pros and cons, but overall he was a solid addition as a min player.

FireMicoHalili
07-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Undersized SGs a dime a dozen in the draft. Glad tho cause he's not underpaid anymore

Kindergarten Cop
07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm happy or Neal and wish him the best. I will continue to root for him - except, of course, for when he is playing against the Spurs. I think that too many people on this board had extremely unreasonable expectations for a guy that was on a near minimum salary. He had his liabilities, but there is no doubt that Gary Neal was an absolute bargain for the Spurs.

BackHome
07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
The women of Milwaukee better sleep with one eye open with this guy in town.

Shit that one eye is going to be looking at his bank account!!!

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Loved Neal's stint in San Antonio. Will be rooting for him to do well on the bucks

siraulo23
07-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Neal with it

He played pretty well vs the heat, guy is cold blooded no doubt, if he was fully healthy prolly contributed more

Good luck

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I hope Neal blossoms into a huge asset for the Bucks. If he can tweak his defense a little bit, he could be one of the top players on the Bucks, tbh.

TXstbobcat
07-28-2013, 09:50 PM
I will drive up to Milwaukee to see him play when the spurs play them up there this year. 6 hour drive for me.

spursnatic
07-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I seen on Facebook that it was 2 years 3Million?..I sure hope he got Paid more than that?..Not only that he deserves it, but also he could've just stayed with us for 1.5 Million a year

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 10:21 PM
I seen on Facebook that it was 2 years 3Million?..I sure hope he got Paid more than that?..Not only that he deserves it, but also he could've just stayed with us for 1.5 Million a year

True, but he might also be going to the Bucks in hopes that he'll be playing an even bigger role than he did in SA.

Kindergarten Cop
07-28-2013, 11:25 PM

True, but he might also be going to the Bucks in hopes that he'll be playing an even bigger role than he did in SA.

Woj, Aldridge, and the other trustworthy sources reported that it was $6.5M-$7M over 2 years. It's likely that the confusion sprang up from ~$3M/yr to $3M for the whole contract.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Woj, Aldridge, and the other trustworthy sources reported that it was $6.5M-$7M over 2 years. It's likely that the confusion sprang up from ~$3M/yr to $3M for the whole contract.

That makes a little more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up! :tu

Vash StampedE
07-29-2013, 11:24 AM
LOL at the Hero. 2 years, $6.5 million? :lol
At least most of us here believes he deserves his new paycheck. As for your player, I wonder if teams, including SA, would even think of offering him money close to that.

Sean Cagney
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I hope Neal blossoms into a huge asset for the Bucks. If he can tweak his defense a little bit, he could be one of the top players on the Bucks, tbh.

The problem is he is very limited and can't drive, he is a volume shooter so I think he can get around 13-15ppg on a bad team but nobody will open him up for the threes like he had here. His ceiling is limited, very limited. I wish him luck though.

Spur|n|Austin
07-29-2013, 03:08 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37095898.jpg

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2013, 03:16 PM
The problem is he is very limited and can't drive, he is a volume shooter so I think he can get around 13-15ppg on a bad team but nobody will open him up for the threes like he had here. His ceiling is limited, very limited. I wish him luck though.I think he can drive tbh, he just doesn't like to or doesn't do it much. I've always thought that Neal has a pretty good floater. I wish he would use that more instead of jacking up so many bad percentage shots.

PlayNando
07-29-2013, 06:05 PM
At least most of us here believes he deserves his new paycheck. As for your player, I wonder if teams, including SA, would even think of offering him money close to that.
I actually thought some team would be stupid enough to pay him like $5 million/year, tbh. The Hero is probably angry that he got a shit paycheck and has to play in that backwater shithole in Milwaukee.

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I actually thought some team would be stupid enough to pay him like $5 million/year, tbh. The Hero is probably angry that he got a shit paycheck and has to play in that backwater shithole in Milwaukee.

i thought someone would offer him $4 mil per year.

You are correct. Milwaukee is a shithole.

rmt
07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
LOL at the RJ reference. Neal was a huge BARGAIN at the price the Spurs paid. Capable of and not afraid of hitting big shots - unlike that POS RJ for his HUGE contract. Stupid Spurs let Neal go and kept Bonner - what a joke.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 08:47 PM
http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/af5c5d5ef98211e2bf5922000a1f8cdc_7.jpg

LakerHater
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
362395916474400768 (https://twitter.com/LeahANeal/status/362395916474400768)
362396077606965250 (https://twitter.com/LeahANeal/status/362396077606965250)
362396147412774912 (https://twitter.com/LeahANeal/status/362396147412774912)

r0drig0lac
07-30-2013, 09:37 PM
362396077606965250 (https://twitter.com/LeahANeal/status/362396077606965250)
362396147412774912 (https://twitter.com/LeahANeal/status/362396147412774912)
respect

ace3g
07-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Milwaukee Bucks @Bucks
(http://twitter.com/Bucks)The Bucks signed free agent Gary Neal today, and he sat down with @Paschketball (http://twitter.com/Paschketball) for an EXCLUSIVE Interview [VIDEO] - on.nba.com/13lkIgw (http://t.co/mddspZbOX5)

rick1991
07-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Milwaukee Bucks @Bucks
(http://twitter.com/Bucks)The Bucks signed free agent Gary Neal today, and he sat down with @Paschketball (http://twitter.com/Paschketball) for an EXCLUSIVE Interview [VIDEO] - on.nba.com/13lkIgw (http://t.co/mddspZbOX5)

Man I'm going to miss Neal. Class act

Leetonidas
07-30-2013, 10:27 PM
minus the whole drunken rape thing

spurs10
07-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Congratulations to The Neal family. A true dream come true for them. :toast

jbspurs
07-30-2013, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Kindergarten Cop;6783839]I'm happy or Neal and wish him the best. I will continue to root for him - except, of course, for when he is playing against the Spurs. I think that too many people on this board had extremely unreasonable expectations for a guy that was on a near minimum salary. He had his liabilities, but there is no doubt that Gary Neal was an absolute bargain for the Spurs.[/QUOTI E]

I totally agree with you! He really is a good player. He can create his own shots and pretty reliable on crucial games. He was a solid player for a bargain. Only downside was his defense. Best of Luck to Neal!

jbspurs
07-30-2013, 11:51 PM
LOL at the RJ reference. Neal was a huge BARGAIN at the price the Spurs paid. Capable of and not afraid of hitting big shots - unlike that POS RJ for his HUGE contract. Stupid Spurs let Neal go and kept Bonner - what a joke.

For reals? :bang:depressed

Budkin
07-31-2013, 12:08 AM
The Bucks have nary the room.

Their Neal raped as well.

Raven
07-31-2013, 07:06 AM
i'm happy for him, he was one of the more underpaid players in the nba. He basically got nothing out of his career until now, and he's like 28 or something.. Players like OJ Mayo never played even decently and yet he earned like a thousand times more.. I'll be surprised if Neal doesn't end up being the starter at some point in the next two seasons tbh.

venitian navigator
07-31-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry he's no more with the team, but I'm more sorry we didn't have the chance to have something in return for him.
At least one or two Milwaukee second round choices...also if I see his market value as frankly low (weird for a player that has shown undoubtable qualities during the finals).

superbigtime
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
It's unbelievable Spurs couldn't get sign n trade deal w him. Always liked Neal but man his defense was atrocious. He sucked even though he tried hard ... maybe that's on the Coach. Definitely was fun to watch when he was hot. Spurs have less capable, less talented players who are still with us. Thanks Pop! Congrats G Neal, you were $$$ ---sometimes--- but I definitely enjoyed rooting for you.

jimbo
07-31-2013, 06:50 PM

Didn't realize he was married to a white lawyer. :rollin

BatManu20
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Spurs to trade Bonner straight up for Neal.

Robz4000
01-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Offer them De Colo and a second round pick. That's it.

timtonymanu
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
No thanks. Neal is redundant when the Spurs have Marco and Patty.

Also even more of a no thanks if he takes Patty's spot as the backup point.

Robz4000
01-07-2014, 07:09 PM
No thanks. Neal is redundant when the Spurs have Marco and Patty.

Also even more of a no thanks if he takes Patty's spot as the backup point.

If it's between letting De Colo go for nothing/never playing him or Neal, I'll take the latter tbh. Solid injury insurance.

timtonymanu
01-07-2014, 07:37 PM
I suppose. Neal is better than throwing in Joseph and De Colo.

I just don't want to have to deal with his really awful defense again. It won't surprise me if the Spurs trade for him since it looked like they still wanted him back, but they don't need another SG.

Robz4000
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
I'd rather they package De Colo in a deal with someone else to get a backup 3 but if no one bites, swapping De Colo for Neal is a win.

Sean Cagney
01-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I'd rather they package De Colo in a deal with someone else to get a backup 3 but if no one bites, swapping De Colo for Neal is a win.

DONE, I would take it..

CitizenDwayne
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
This is a weird fucking situation. He calls out Sanders, and they immediately want him out?

KaiRMD1
01-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Odd but I'm sure with how the Bucks suck, Neal probably wants out of there more than anything

Dex
01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
This is a weird fucking situation. He calls out Sanders, and they immediately want him out?

Whether Sanders really has been dogging it or not, he's much more valuable as a building block to the Bucks going forward than Gary Neal.

Obviously they felt so, anyways, because they did not seem to take too kindly to Neal's pep talk.

Chinook
01-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Whether Sanders really has been dogging it or not, he's much more valuable as a building block to the Bucks going forward than Gary Neal.

Obviously they felt so, anyways, because they did not seem to take too kindly to Neal's pep talk.

Or Sanders demanded Neal be moved. Could be a bad thing if they cater to his request.

That said, no to Neal. There were plenty of scenarios in which having Neal would make sense, but none of those are reality.

CitizenDwayne
01-07-2014, 08:04 PM

True, but I still think giving that much locker room power to an unproven commodity like Sanders sends a bad message