PDA

View Full Version : The official I love Tim Duncan thread

TheGreatYacht
07-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Since someone already made a Pop and Manu appreciation thread, I've decided to make one for Tim Duncan as well. Tim Duncan is a 4× NBA champion, 3× NBA Finals MVP, and a 2× NBA Most Valuable Player. Tim Duncan is the greatest PF of all time.

Jerry Reinsdorf, owner of the Chicago Bulls, once said that “he would trade all six Bulls championships for one White Sox title.” The Chicago Bulls are a dynasty thanks to Michael Jordan. There was never anything special that the Bulls FO and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf ever do to put the Bulls on top. The Bulls organization got lucky. They drafted Michael Jordan.

The San Antonio Spurs are a dynasty thanks to Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the main reason why the Spurs organization has 4 championships. Without Tim Duncan, the Spurs FO is above-average at best. Coach Pop, TP, and Manu would probably not be future Hall of Famers without Tim Duncan. The Spurs organization got lucky. They drafted Tim Duncan.

The saddest day in Spurs history will come when Tim Duncan retires. I will shed tears they day that Tim Duncan retires. I will shed tears the day that I see Tim Duncan’s jersey go up the rafters. Tim Duncan retiring will be the saddest day in Spurs history.

Thank you Tim Duncan for everything you’ve done. I hope you get your 5th ring within the next two years. You’ve worked hard. You deserve it.

Let’s enjoy these next two years of the NBA season because (God willing health-wise) they will possibly be the last two years that we see Tim Duncan on the court. Now let us relive the luckiest day in Spurs history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8OT89WI6w

rick1991
07-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Just watched Jordan highlights from his time with the Wizards. At the time he was older than Timmy and putting up great numbers. I have to doubt Timmy can produce at a championship caliber level for another 2 to 3 seasons.

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Greatest PF of all time and top 5 greatest players in the history of basketball. :toast

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Love Timmy. I may cry when he retires.. real talk.

TXstbobcat
07-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Greatest PF of all time and top 5 greatest players in the history of basketball. :toast

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: Four time nba champion and three time finals MVP.

Vic Petro
07-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Poor Ernie Johnson. Imagine trying to make a draft telecast entertaining when your partners are Hubie Brown, John Thompson, Rick Majerus, and Craig Sager. Opposite end of the spectrum from Chuck and Kenny.

Sean Cagney
07-27-2013, 11:41 PM
GOAT PF OF ALL TIMES!!!!!!!! LEGEND! ICON!

dallasmaverickslose
07-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Since someone already made a Pop and Manu appreciation thread, I've decided to make one for Tim Duncan as well. Tim Duncan is a 4× NBA champion, 3× NBA Finals MVP, and a 2× NBA Most Valuable Player. Tim Duncan is the greatest PF of all time.

Jerry Reinsdorf, owner of the Chicago Bulls, once said that “he would trade all six Bulls championships for one White Sox title.” The Chicago Bulls are a dynasty thanks to Michael Jordan. There was never anything special that the Bulls FO and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf ever do to put the Bulls on top. The Bulls organization got lucky. They drafted Michael Jordan.

The San Antonio Spurs are a dynasty thanks to Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the main reason why the Spurs organization has 4 championships. Without Tim Duncan, the Spurs FO is above-average at best. Coach Pop, TP, and Manu would probably not be future Hall of Famers without Tim Duncan. The Spurs organization got lucky. They drafted Tim Duncan.

The saddest day in Spurs history will come when Tim Duncan retires. I will shed tears they day that Tim Duncan retires. I will shed tears the day that I see Tim Duncan’s jersey go up the rafters. Tim Duncan retiring will be the saddest day in Spurs history.

Thank you Tim Duncan for everything you’ve done. I hope you get your 5th ring within the next two years. You’ve worked hard. You deserve it.

Let’s enjoy these next two years of the NBA season because (God willing health-wise) they will possibly be the last two years that we see Tim Duncan on the court. Now let us relive the luckiest day in Spurs history:

I can appreciate this kind of thread, tbh. Props to you, TGY.

weeks
07-27-2013, 11:55 PM
what i love about timmy is that it seems every spursfan has their own special pet player, their own player they hate, their own opinion on pop (wildly bipolar), etc

but on timmy, there is nothing but universal acclamation and respect.

he really is the common denominator for all of us.

at the end of the day, this team is about Tim Duncan.

the day he retires will be very, very painful.

bdictjames
07-28-2013, 12:17 AM
My all-time favorite player. Will always stand by Timmy, no matter what. With an array of fundamental moves, the cerebral assassin just pounds and pounds, like water dripping against stone, making it hollow.

Sean Cagney
07-28-2013, 12:19 AM
what i love about timmy is that it seems every spursfan has their own special pet player, their own player they hate, their own opinion on pop (wildly bipolar), etc

The day he retires are the dark ages, period! He is the cornerstone of the franchise, nothing before him and nothing after him IMO. Unless they get another superstar it will be like it was before him, playoffs but you aint sniffin the finals.

therealtruth
07-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Just watched Jordan highlights from his time with the Wizards. At the time he was older than Timmy and putting up great numbers. I have to doubt Timmy can produce at a championship caliber level for another 2 to 3 seasons.

Jordan killed his stats with the Wizards.

Arnold Toht
07-28-2013, 03:09 AM
gay

slick'81
07-28-2013, 03:34 AM
This could b his last season but I wont think about that right now

TimmyDuncan21
07-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Love Me Some Timmy :toast How Can You Not??

Cant wait to see him next season!!

iManu
07-28-2013, 06:48 AM

I guess if what you said earlier is true (that you're only a Spurs fan because of Duncan) will you cease to be a Spurs fan when he retires?

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 06:53 AM
I hated to see Ice retire, Sean retire, DRob retire, and will hate to see TD retire, Manu retire, and Tony retire, but they don't last forever. Life goes on.
I wonder though, what will TD do once he does retire, coach big men, become a sports announcer like Bruce and Sean, buy into the team like DRob, or something else entirely?

silverblackfan
07-28-2013, 09:23 AM

This.

Every Spur fan knows that we were blessed to have Tim as our franchise player. DRob and Tim's skill and maturity have formed the foundation for a great team. I just can't see another TD type player in the NBA. Times have changed.

Brazil
07-28-2013, 09:32 AM
No homo

xmas1997
07-28-2013, 09:47 AM
This.

Every Spur fan knows that we were blessed to have Tim as our franchise player. DRob and Tim's skill and maturity have formed the foundation for a great team. I just can't see another TD type player in the NBA. Times have changed.

I'll go out on a limb and say it: IF we get Oden, and IF he stays healthy, he could end up being another franchise type player, maybe not as good DRob, Ice, or TD, but really really good. We shall see soon enough (maybe as soon as Monday) if Oden is smart enough to pick the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2013, 02:58 PM
I can appreciate this kind of thread, tbh. Props to you, TGY.Thanks. I tried to be as polite as I could so that I can avoid all the personal attacks just for once so that people can focus more on the content of this thread.

the day he retires will be very, very painful.Very true. Every Spurs fan here on Spurs talk can be united and get along for once just because of this man's greatness.
I guess if what you said earlier is true (that you're only a Spurs fan because of Duncan) will you cease to be a Spurs fan when he retires?Not really. Tim Duncan has ensured that I be a Spurs fan for life. If the Spurs ever become a lottery team or go through downs like the Sacramento Kings, I'll still follow them but I won't be as closely involved. I'll be more of a casual Spurs fan than the diehard Spurs fan that I am right now.

iManu
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks. I tried to be as polite as I could so that I can avoid all the personal attacks just for once so that people can focus more on the content of this thread. Very true. Every Spurs fan here on Spurs talk can be united and get along for once just because of this man's greatness.Not really. Tim Duncan has ensured that I be a Spurs fan for life. If the Spurs ever become a lottery team or go through downs like the Sacramento Kings, I'll still follow them but I won't be as closely involved. I'll be more of a casual Spurs fan than the diehard Spurs fan that I am right now.

Did you know that means you have a small dick?

rick1991
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Jordan killed his stats with the Wizards.

Just saying Jordan was still very productive and dominate at times at the ages 38-40. I believe Timmy can continue the level of play he showed this past season.

callo1
07-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Timmy = greatness, class, and humility all rolled into one...such a rarity in today's world of professional athletes. He took the torch from D'Rob and without missing a single beat continued to carry the team and the city of San Antonio to greatness