PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Blake Griffin has hit his ceiling or even regressed tbh

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Here's a guy who was supposed to be a monster and really looked like one when he first came in. We thought he was going to take the league by storm but right before our eyes, his rebounding and points have steadily dropped off over the past three seasons. Not only has he clearly not improved his game but he has arguably regressed in a noticeable way. This is the opposite of what happens when promising rookies and all-stars make the transition to Superstar level. The possibility of him making a major jump surpassing what was arguably a fluke 2010-11 season seems unlikely at this point.

So then the question becomes, how useful can he be at his current level of production or a steadily declining level of production over the next few years? I see him as starting material for the next few years but then someone really hungry could come in and take that away if he can't either stay at this current level or continues to drop off. It's really a sad thing to see such a nice dude as Blake in this position but the fact that he is soft and a liability at the end of games due to some pretty atrocious free throw shooting doesn't help matters. He can't continue to be so one dimensional either. He needs to develop an away from the basket game and stop relying so much on the leaping. We've already seen he's injury prone so continuing to jump around like an ape is not the way to go.

In any event, time will tell. With the new coaching perhaps we see an improvement but I just don't think it's going to get better for the dude or the Clippers as long as this guy is one of the main anchors.

Bynumite
07-28-2013, 08:32 AM
According to certain poster on this forum, the ginger tranny improved his game last season but somehow still managed to completely shit the bed against Zbo.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 08:35 AM
According to certain poster on this forum, the ginger tranny improved his game last season but somehow still managed to completely shit the bed against Zbo.

His regular season stats even show marked regression but he got bent over and dominated like a 110 lb bitch by Zbo in the playoffs tbh. Hilarious too given that Zbo is an unathletic sloth looking motherfucka.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Another issue is that it seems like Chris Paul has really topped out too. Chris is clearly still one of the top point guards but he's just not what he once was. Some people might say it's because he has help now with more personnel on the clipps, but he is down in all categories too including assists. CP3 had David West before and he was just as effective in his prime as Griffin if not more so due to an excellent 17 foot shot, postgame and ability to hit free throws. Only edge Blake had if comparing their primes is in athletic ability.

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Hey dumbfuck, Blake's minutes per game and usage rate have gone down every year due to the arrival of CP3 and the increase in depth on the roster (as well as Vinny's refusal to give him the ball in the second half), so that explains his raw stats declining....

His "atrocious" free-throw shooting actually improved as he shot his highest percentage from the line in his career.... he's become statistically a top post scorer and he's one of the best passing bigs in the league....

He didn't play well in the playoffs (although he played the last two games with a high ankle sprain), but to be fair, the entire team except for CP3 shit the bed in that series after Game 2....

It'll be exciting to see how he progresses with a coach who actually appreciates his game instead of completely ignoring him and obsessing over the guards, tbh....

Bynumite
07-28-2013, 08:45 AM
His regular season stats even show marked regression but he got bent over and dominated like a 110 lb bitch by Zbo in the playoffs tbh. Hilarious too given that Zbo is an unathletic sloth looking motherfucka.

You don't need athleticism to dominate Blake tbh, he's a weak mental midget with no post game, get physical against him and he is easily punked.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey dumbfuck, Blake's minutes per game and usage rate have gone down every year due to the arrival of CP3 and the increase in depth on the roster, so that explains his raw stats declining....

His "atrocious" free-throw shooting actually improved as he shot his highest percentage from the line in his career.... he's become statistically a top post scorer and he's one of the best passing bigs in the league....

He didn't play well in the playoffs (although he played the last two games with a high ankle sprain), but to be fair, the entire team except for CP3 shit the bed in that series after Game 2....

He scores in the post off dunks and because he's one of only two options on the Clippers. That doesn't mean he is a good post player.

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 08:51 AM
He scores in the post off dunks and because he's one of only two options on the Clippers. That doesn't mean he is a good post player.
He's developed some actual moves (http://hoopchalk.com/2013/01/08/blake-griffin-has-a-damn-good-post-game-thank-you-very-much/) and only 11% of his shots were dunks....

You don't need athleticism to dominate Blake tbh, he's a weak mental midget with no post game, get physical against him and he is easily punked.
If only he had Bible Kemp's consistency and effort.... would have been key in the playoffs, tbh :lol

Bynumite
07-28-2013, 08:55 AM
If only he had Bible Kemp's consistency and effort.... would have been key in the playoffs, tbh :lol

:cry high ankle sprain :cry

The ginger tranny quitPERIOD

TDMVPDPOY
07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
you can tell he improved his game when he actually does an advertisement telling himself to work on his game instead of body mass

AchillesHeel
07-28-2013, 11:48 AM
he's improved his jumper and FT shooting a little bit, had some minor injuries that limited his minutes, he used to play 38-36 minutes a game, last season he played 32 minutes only.

playoffs again he had issues and only played 26 minutes a game and even came off the bench for one.

advanced stats show he was better this year than in his rookie year in almost all categories, TS and eFG have gone up, defense has gotten better, rebounding is the only thing that has gone down, but its because he's shooting more jumpers now, further away from the basket.

He's a better player than he was 3 yrs ago and if his J improves and he keeps dishing out 4-5 assists a night he'll be one of the best players in the league as always, top 10-15 range. With Doc there his defense should improve.

Thread
07-28-2013, 11:52 AM
One can be carried only so far by Media before the unwashed (us) masses see thru the chicanery & charade. This reality won't preclude Media from brazening it out, but, we can laugh as we watch.

CitizenDwayne
07-28-2013, 12:54 PM
What do people expect Blake's ceiling to be?

I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he's still unquestionably one of the top 5 PFs in the NBA today, and probably will be for the next decade.

Thread
07-28-2013, 01:02 PM

I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he's still unquestionably one of the top 5 PFs in the NBA today, and probably will be for the next decade.

...whether we like it or not, Media will see to that. He's manufactured in the time tested tradition of Clifford Robinson, Steve Nash, Tom Chambers, on & on and on. You know to whom I'm referring. CD, (all of the above) are a living, breathing bell weathers of {Symbolism over Substance.}

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Apparently, people expected him to be prime Duncan from minute one of his career, and because he isn't that and ESPN played his dunks too many times his rookie year, it's become cool and trendy to write him off as a D-League quality bust, tbh....

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I watch a ton of Clipper games. Blake has definitely improved offensively. His jumper still needs a ton of work, and he hesitates way too much before taking them. His post game has seen improvement, no doubt about it. He was playing pretty darn well against Z-Bo but he shat the bed once his ankle got hurt and didn't do much of anything in games 5 and 6.

Thread
07-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I watch a ton of Clipper games. Blake has definitely improved offensively. His jumper still needs a ton of work, and he hesitates way too much before taking them. His post game has seen improvement, no doubt about it. He was playing pretty darn well against Z-Bo but he shat the bed once his ankle got hurt and didn't do much of anything in games 5 and 6.

Please. He shat the bed, then his ankle got hurt.

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 03:43 PM
CLipper Nation SALLLTYYY AS FUCKKK!!!! :lol

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 03:43 PM

:lmao

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 04:30 PM
box score readers can laugh all they want but i've been consistently tuning into clippers games since cornerstone got there. nowhere did i call blake an elite player, but he has made improvements

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
box score readers can laugh all they want but i've been consistently tuning into clippers games since cornerstone got there. nowhere did i call blake an elite player, but he has made improvements

Spur fans live and die by the numbers... what are you saying

baseline bum
07-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Griffin is a bit disappointing, as he looked like he'd be a franchise player coming into the league. Hopefully that's just a symptom of having a retarded coach though, same as it was with Amare in Phoenix (who should have been an elite two-way player like Garnett).

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Amare > Blake easy

Joseph Kony
07-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Poor man's Amare tbh

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Spur fans live and die by the numbers... what are you saying
I'm all for numbers. Keep in mind that with CP3 around his usage rate is down, his minutes per game was down, and with Paul's heavy pick and roll game they had him taking more jumpers than his rookie year. That's why his fg% dipped when Paul got there but he improved plenty this past season

Captivus
07-28-2013, 05:56 PM
At some point is looked like his post game was going to improve a lot, but then nothing happened.

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm all for numbers. Keep in mind that with CP3 around his usage rate is down, his minutes per game was down, and with Paul's heavy pick and roll game they had him taking more jumpers than his rookie year. That's why his fg% dipped when Paul got there but he improved plenty this past season

Chris Paul is a pussy who depends on the refs for the outcome of the game, so thats a moot point. back on topic, Blake is garbage.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Amare > Blake easy

Not really saying much. Yeah Amare prime was pretty beast but Blake is more like a beggar's Amare than a poor man's Amare.

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Chris Paul is a pussy who depends on the refs for the outcome of the game

50 Free Throws

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Not really saying much. Yeah Amare prime was pretty beast but Blake is more like a beggar's Amare than a poor man's Amare.

Amare is dogshit without a good PG. Same for the red monkey.

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM

50 Free Throws

You really want me to bump the flop gif thread?

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Blake is really just the epitome of monkeyball with no additional substance. That can win you regular season games but when teams lock down the pogo stick and fastbreaks in the playoffs he's completely neutralized. Stats don't lie. I don't care if he's getting less minutes. If he's improving at a normal Superstar rate his stats just don't dip that much and probably increase in fact. It's not as if he's all of a sudden become an assist man which would explain a slight dip in other areas. Rather, he's just not as good as everyone thought. Not quite Kwame Brown level disappointment but if he continues to regress he'll be an average player before long.

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Amare is dogshit without a good PG. Same for the red monkey.
:lol Except you all have written off "the red monkey" for his raw stats declining from his rookie year, when he had fatass Baron Davis and Mo Williams as his point guards....

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM
:lol Except you all have written off "the red monkey" for his raw stats declining from his rookie year, when he had fatass Baron Davis and Mo Williams as his point guards....

What has he accomplished with Paul, classic clipper fan with the loser mentality making excuses tbh.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 06:27 PM

The fatass was underrated and underappreciated tbh. Plus being fat can be an advantage in the post over little nigga's like Paul.

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Chris Paul is a pussy who depends on the refs for the outcome of the game, so thats a moot point. back on topic, Blake is garbage.
Wow way to deflect and not address anythin I said :lol

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
What has he accomplished with Paul, classic clipper fan with the loser mentality making excuses tbh.
Actually, it's classic dumbass with shit takes trying to argue both sides, tbh....

:cry "Blake peaked in his rookie year (with Baron and Mo)... oh wait, no, now he sucks without a real point guard!" :cry

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM
The fatass was underrated and underappreciated tbh. Plus being fat can be an advantage in the post over little nigga's like Paul.
Trust me, I had to sit through years of Fat Baron's chucking and pouting, he wasn't any good in LA....

:lol Having to hype up fucking Baron Davis to suit your argument

whitemamba
07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Actually, it's classic dumbass with shit takes trying to argue both sides, tbh....

:cry "Blake peaked in his rookie year (with Baron and Mo)... oh wait, no, now he sucks without a real point guard!" :cry

what? damn you sound salty tbh, it was an honest question and you answer with a butthurt response.

Venti Quattro
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Monkey hit the twig already, tbh.

jimbo
07-28-2013, 07:35 PM
he's improved his jumper and FT shooting a little bit, had some minor injuries that limited his minutes, he used to play 38-36 minutes a game, last season he played 32 minutes only.

playoffs again he had issues and only played 26 minutes a game and even came off the bench for one.

advanced stats show he was better this year than in his rookie year in almost all categories, TS and eFG have gone up, defense has gotten better, rebounding is the only thing that has gone down, but its because he's shooting more jumpers now, further away from the basket.

He's a better player than he was 3 yrs ago and if his J improves and he keeps dishing out 4-5 assists a night he'll be one of the best players in the league as always, top 10-15 range. With Doc there his defense should improve.

Pretty much came here to say this. If you think Blake hasn't improved his game, you haven't been watching him play.

That's why I'm really high on him, he's a monkeyballer who's shown the willingness to expand his game. He'll be deadly in a few years

anakha
07-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Based on his advanced stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html#advanced::none), his rebounding percentages dip is the only one that seems concerning.

Rogue
07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
It won't take too long before people realize that he's nothing better than a white Greg Oden. Both guys were drafted #1 and missed their entire rookie seasons. Monkeyball is lucky that his body has lasted longer than Oden's but he's unlikely to maintain it so well in to his 30s like Duncan and KG, knowing that most high-flying white men wear out their bodies rather fast. Monkeyball will crap out way before CP3 then the clippers will start rebuilding yet again around a 33yr old Paul.

spurraider21
07-28-2013, 09:24 PM
It's fairly obvious to deduce from this thread, which posters actually watch clipper games on a regular basis, and those who don't

Clipper Nation
07-28-2013, 10:40 PM
It's fairly obvious to deduce from this thread, which posters actually watch clipper games on a regular basis, and those who don't

Well, I can understand why it's mostly Lakerfan hating in here.... they were begging him to join the Lakers in 2014 (http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/04/heisler-lakers-and-clippers-will-battle-for-blake-in-2014/), and just like with Bible Kemp, they don't take rejection well :lol

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Blake is a fuckin' ape tbh. Good for regular season. Bad for playoffs when sloth-like primitives such as Zbo neutralize his shit to zero effect. Nuff said.

Thread
07-28-2013, 11:51 PM
^True, but, you'd think his fellow primate (Z) would recognize in Blake his own mirror image & evolve. Christ, how many times is it going to take?

Leon Black
07-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Of course he's regressed. Nigga is all hype....... no substance whatsoever.

Calispursfan11
07-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Of course he's regressed. Nigga is all hype....... no substance whatsoever.

That's what I said my nigga. dunno why scrah's gettin' bent by inevitable troofs tbh. It's inconvcievable!

Leon Black
07-29-2013, 12:15 AM
That's what I said my nigga. dunno why scrah's gettin' bent by inevitable troofs tbh. It's inconvcievable!

Game recognize game mah nigga.

The_Coyote
07-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Blake's defense > Amare's defense

But then again, most everything is better than Amare's defense.

ffadicted
07-29-2013, 07:22 AM
I've been sayign this for forever and will continue saying it tbh... Blake Griffin will never be a superstar. He will be a perennial All-Star role player, and his absolute ceiling is a key starting big in a contending team... which tbqh, is still pretty good, but ya, he will never be able to carry a team and he can never be the 1st (and probably not even 2nd) option on a team hoping to contend.

Calispursfan11
07-29-2013, 08:21 AM
I've been sayign this for forever and will continue saying it tbh... Blake Griffin will never be a superstar. He will be a perennial All-Star role player, and his absolute ceiling is a key starting big in a contending team... which tbqh, is still pretty good, but ya, he will never be able to carry a team and he can never be the 1st (and probably not even 2nd) option on a team hoping to contend.

Well said. I personally think his ceiling is a little lower but he might make it to key bigman status on a contender.

StrengthAndHonor
07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Griffin is a bit disappointing, as he looked like he'd be a franchise player coming into the league. Hopefully that's just a symptom of having a retarded coach though, same as it was with Amare in Phoenix (who should have been an elite two-way player like Garnett).
Griffin is an excellent second option, reminds me of Shawn Kemp though Griffin has a softer touch inside the paint. Griffin will be a perennial All Star, that's his ceiling. I live Griffin but I'm not blind, he's not a player that can impact a game in so many ways like Webber, KG or develop an unstoppable post move like McHale, Malone.

Russo21
07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Kinda reminds me of Shawn Kemp from back in the day.

Rogue
07-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Although monkeyball has developed some skills in shooting, passing and even dribbling since he started playing in NBA one year after he was drafted, his games still pretty much depend on his athleticism and I don't think a tiger will ever change his stripes. But his athleticism will be gone and his body will be worn out before long, just like how it works on almost every high-flying white man. He will still be a decent role player based upon his skills even with limited athleticism, but nothing more than a David Lee, or Kris Humphries type of thing imho

hater
07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
He's nothing more than a Josh Smith type. great for 2-3 seasons.

dude is done and nothing he can do to change the course of his fate. Being in the terrible environment that is the Clippers probably also contributed greatly to his early demise.

Clipper Nation
07-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Solid article about how Blake's potential can be maximized:http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/229176/How-Clippers-Should-Use-Blake-Griffin Essentially, Tjarks says they should use him as a small-ball 4 (sort of like how LeBron and Durant are used) and get as much floor spacing around him as possible (which would mean trading DeAndre Jordan)....

ElNono
07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I like Griffin, I don't know if he'll ever become a dominant type of player though. He's certainly skilled and I think he can still improve his game.

StrengthAndHonor
07-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Solid article about how Blake's potential can be maximized:http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/229176/How-Clippers-Should-Use-Blake-Griffin Essentially, Tjarks says they should use him as a small-ball 4 (sort of like how LeBron and Durant are used) and get as much floor spacing around him as possible (which would mean trading DeAndre Jordan)....
Did Jonathan Tjarks wrote that? :lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-29-2013, 05:26 PM
He's nothing more than a Josh Smith type. great for 2-3 seasons.

dude is done and nothing he can do to change the course of his fate. Being in the terrible environment that is the Clippers probably also contributed greatly to his early demise.:wakeup

jdiggy0424
07-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Honestly with all the Griffin media bashing thats been going on this summer, I fully expect him to enter the season fully motivated to prove the haters wrong. Dude has the talent.

jdiggy0424
07-29-2013, 06:28 PM
he's still young too, and has room to improve his game, just look at all the bashing LBJ received early on in his career.

Calispursfan11
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
It all goes back to having no advantage other than being a top monkeyballer. Blake's progression or lack thereof shows that even an amazing athlete can only go so far. He must also have actual skill and basketball intelligence, two things Blake lacks.

Clipper Nation
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
It all goes back to having no advantage other than being a top monkeyballer. Blake's progression or lack thereof shows that even an amazing athlete can only go so far. He must also have actual skill and basketball intelligence, two things Blake lacks.
Repeating the same exact take a million times with slight rewordings doesn't make it more profound, tbh :lol

Calispursfan11
07-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Repeating the same exact take a million times with slight rewordings doesn't make it more profound, tbh :lol

Someone salty as fuck :cry

LarryDavid
07-30-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't know if he's regressed, but I think he's close to hitting his ceiling. Dude is athletic as fuck that will only take you so far. Him and David West had comparable per game and per 36 numbers last year.