PDA

View Full Version : No decision on Sanikidze yet in Dijon

Solid D
07-19-2005, 09:17 PM
http://www.lnb.fr/index.php?pid=50&id_article=4454&cursor_start=0

Transfert - Charles Mandic quitte Dijon
AFP - 19.07.2005, 15h23

DIJON, 19 juil (AFP) - L'ailier belgo-croate Charles Mandic, qui avait signé un contrat d'un an avec Dijon l'année dernière, ne rejouera pas à Dijon, a annoncé mardi Yann Boisson, le manageur général du club bourguignon de basket-ball.

Agé de 32 ans, Mandic (2,00 m) était arrivé à Dijon l'été dernier en provenance de l'Atletico Queluz (Portugal). Plusieurs clubs français ont contacté la JDA pour se renseigner sur le joueur, actuellement en vacances en Croatie.

Par ailleurs, aucune décision n'a encore été prise concernant le Géorgien Viktor Sanikidze et le Sénégalais Boniface Ndong, tous deux sous contrat mais bénéficiant d'une clause libératoire, ou au sujet de Rico Hill, en fin de contrat mais que Jacques Monclar, l'entraîneur de Dijon, apprécie.

AFP.

Google French/English translation
Transfer - Charles Mandic leaves Dijon
AFP - 19.07.2005, 15h23

DIJON, 19 juil (AFP) - the winger belgo-Croatian Charles Mandic, who had signed a one year old contract with Dijon last year, will not rejouera in Dijon, announced Tuesday Yann Boisson, the general managor of the Burgundian club of basketball.

32 years old, Mandic (2,00 m) had arrived to Dijon last summer coming from Atletico Queluz (Portugal). Several French clubs contacted the JDA to get information about the player, currently on holiday in Croatia.

In addition, no decision was still made concerning Géorgien Viktor Sanikidze and the Senegalese Boniface Ndong, both pennies contract but profiting from a legal tender clause, or about Rico Hill, at the end of the contract but that Jacques Monclar, the trainer of Dijon, appreciates.

timvp
07-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Good find. I wonder what Sanikidze is up to. Is it the French team's decision whether to bring him back, or is Sanikidze a free agent able to go wherever he wants?

P.S.

Boniface N'Dong was last seen turning heads in the Vegas summer league. He'll probably be invited to some team's training camp.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 09:24 PM
If there is someone who speaks French well enough to translate the paragraph better, please assist here. I made an "A" in French class but that was many years ago.

TwoHandJam
07-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Good find. I wonder what Sanikidze is up to. Is it the French team's decision whether to bring him back, or is Sanikidze a free agent able to go wherever he wants?

P.S.

Boniface N'Dong was last seen turning heads in the Vegas summer league. He'll probably be invited to some team's training camp.
Well, the translation was good but not perfect. It should actually read:

In addition, no decision was still made concerning Géorgien Viktor Sanikidze and the Senegalese Boniface Ndong, both are under contract but benefit from having escape clauses, or about Rico Hill, at the end of his contract but very much liked by Jacques Monclar, the coach of Dijon.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks, THJ. That's interesting because the Dijon site shows Viktor's contract with an end date of 6/30/2005. Perhaps he has a player-option renewal clause.

JUUOT
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
it is a player renewal clause. However the rumor is that he is not coming back.
wait and see

Solid D
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
JUUOT, pass along whatever you hear. Thanks.

JUUOT
07-19-2005, 10:03 PM
i am trying to
it wont be as big as parkernews last year but i will still try to bring fresh info from france. i still surf on french sport website everyday so if something comes up spurstalk will be first on IT.
the best sport fan forum in North America earned the exclusive rights... :drunk ok i admit it i love this forum...

xcoriate
07-19-2005, 11:49 PM
:lmao Parker has re-signed!!

Only the greatest scoop ever!

:)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Hmm, maybe he'll be filling out our roster this year :hat

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 01:38 AM
he should play in the D League

JUUOT
07-20-2005, 08:32 AM
i would like opinions on this:

if he was to fill spurs roster next year. would he be supposed to be in summer camp?
is it possible for him to join ahead of guys like britton or LJIII?

Solid D
07-20-2005, 08:47 AM
It's hard to know, easy to speculate. I would think he needs more time to develop his game, and his frame as young as he is. Few people in North America have seen him play, but I think the intrigue was heightened by the need for a SF and what has been written about some of his raw skills.

Bruno
07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
i would like opinions on this:

if he was to fill spurs roster next year. would he be supposed to be in summer camp?
is it possible for him to join ahead of guys like britton or LJIII?

He was not ready for nba. Never sign a secound round until he can contribute in nba.
If we sign him now, he will spend two years on the IR or NBDL. It will cost money and at the end of his contract when he eventually begins to be good, he will be a FA and we lost him.
If he stays in Europe, he can improve the same way as in nbdl/en of bench (even better). It's free and if in 2,3 or 4 years he was ready for nba, we can have an effective player at low cost for 2 or 3 years.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 08:54 AM
He was not ready for nba. Never sign a secound round until he can contribute in nba.
If we sign him now, he will spend two years on the IR or NBDL. It will cost money and at the end of his contract when he eventually begins to be good, he will be a FA and we lost him.

Just like Manu, right?

Bruno
07-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Just like Manu, right?

Manu was Italian MVP. Sanikidze is a bench player in a average french team.
Italian league >> French league
Spurs bring manu in 2002 not in 1999.