PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs playing hardball in DeJuan Blair trade scenarios

playblair
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
The San Antonio Spurs currently hold the rights over restricted free agent DeJuan Blair (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-fansided.com) and are making fellow NBA franchises very aware of it.
Over a dozen teams have expressed interest in the power forward but according to Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy, few teams have made any offers the Spurs would deem beneficial and have refused to budge on trading the former Pittsburgh star

http://fansided.com/2013/07/27/san-antonio-spurs-playing-hardball-in-dejuan-blair-trade-scenarios/

rick1991
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
hopefully we can get something in return. blair does belong in this league

DapDaGenius
07-28-2013, 06:28 PM
C'mon...get this scrub off the team, so he can go somewhere else and play 20x better than he ever has.

ace3g
07-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Difference between a dozen teams interested in signing him for the min and a dozen that want to give him a 2-3 million dollar contract.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-28-2013, 06:34 PM
the spurs handle blair in the same annoying manner that they handle bonner. bewilderingly!

elemento
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Blair is not restricted.

If he wants to show his value, sign for the min and prove people wrong. SA has no reason to help him if the move doesn't help the franchise.

FireMicoHalili
07-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Love how the Spurs are trying to juice the situation. May end up with nothing though

slick'81
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Depends on Wat teams wAnna offer him any thing over the min. Can't believe spurs r still trying to dig something of value out of blair

LittleCriminal
07-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Trade this fucking scrub already.. Bonners ass too!!!

Spurs9
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Blair is hardly a scrub, he could probably help out alot of teams in the league tbh

Kindergarten Cop
07-28-2013, 08:29 PM
As elemento pointed out, Blair is an UNRESTRICTED FA and the Spurs have no control on who Blair signs with - so the premise that the Spurs are "playing hardball" is false.

There is, however, at least one team that is interested in giving Blair the type of money that he is looking for - but the only way that they can do it is by the Spurs doing a S/T because they are over the cap. I'm sure that the Spurs would accommodate Blair, if they were receiving something desirable - but Blair (or anyone else) can't expect the Spurs to take back something that they don't want just to help him get to the team that he desires. It may be in the Spurs best interest to simply let him walk without any compensation whatsoever. I suspect that if there is a way that all parties (i.e. the Spurs, the Wizards, Blair) can get what they want, then you will see a S/T in the next few days/weeks. Otherwise, Blair may be forced to settle for a minimum short term deal with a decent/good team or a slightly above minimum deal from a lottery team - but to say that the Spurs are basically holding him hostage is a farce.

baseline bum
07-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Retarded article; Blair is unrestricted and the Spurs aren't holding up shit with him being able to sign elsewhere.

Hoops Czar
07-28-2013, 09:54 PM
I think Blair is overplaying his market value causing a stalemate between parties. I doubt he sees much more than the minimum and teams are reluctant to offer up a long term deal because of health concerns. Once Blair comes to this realization and lowers his demands, he'll be signed.

cd021
07-28-2013, 10:21 PM
I think Blair is overplaying his market value causing a stalemate between parties. I doubt he sees much more than the minimum and teams are reluctant to offer up a long term deal because of health concerns. Once Blair comes to this realization and lowers his demands, he'll be signed.

His advanced numbers are very impressive. (15pts and 11 rebs,. per 36 minutes) he also has a career P.E.R of 17. Not many guys like that on the market that are as young as him either. I would think he'd be in line for a 3 year, $10 million dollar deal. He will not sign for the minimum ($988,864) He would either be incredibly stupid and or desperate. No reason to believe he is either.

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Depends on Wat teams wAnna offer him any thing over the min. Can't believe spurs r still trying to dig something of value out of blair:lol FO is trying to make money grow out of trees. They're just trying to play with the scraps left from the mediocre offseason they've had tbh.

cd021
07-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Retarded article; Blair is unrestricted and the Spurs aren't holding up shit with him being able to sign elsewhere.

Of course they are. Washington has shown the most interest (at least so we've heard) yet they only have enough to offer him the minimum ( less than $1 million) He could be S&T'd and receive closer to his price range $3-4 million annually. If a team signs him for the vet min. it would be an impressive bargain. A career 17 P.E.R and is only 24. Injury history or not it would be a steal. That won't happen. He isn't on the fringes of the NBA. I'd imagine something will happen this week.

The Spurs are unwilling to do a S&T, drastically limiting his options. Thats a pretty big deal for him. Its the same situation Minnesota put us through with AK-47.

cd021
07-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Trade this fucking scrub already.. Bonners ass too!!!

A career P.E.R of 17

Career per 36 minutes of 15pts, and 11 rebounds.

If he's a scrub then I have been using the word incorrectly.

baseline bum
07-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Of course they are. Washington has shown the most interest (at least so we've heard) yet they only have enough to offer him the minimum ( less than $1 million) He could be S&T'd and receive closer to his price range $3-4 million annually. If a team signs him for the vet min. it would be an impressive bargain. A career 17 P.E.R and is only 24. Injury history or not it would be a steal. That won't happen. He isn't on the fringes of the NBA. I'd imagine something will happen this week.

The Spurs are unwilling to do a S&T, drastically limiting his options. Thats a pretty big deal for him. Its the same situation Minnesota put us through with AK-47.

That would be the Spurs going out of their way to get him a deal. Why should they take back garbage contracts? No way I'm paying shitty Jan Vesely $3.5 million just to get Blair a contract and I doubt the Spurs want to pay Ariza $7.7 million.

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2013, 10:34 PM
That would be the Spurs going out of their way to get him a deal. Why should they take back garbage contracts? No way I'm paying shitty Jan Vesely $3.5 million just to get Blair a contract and I doubt the Spurs want to pay Ariza $7.7 million.Spurs and Wizards are over the cap anyways so wouldn't the numbers have to match? Bonner would have to be included to get Ariza unless the Wizads have a high value on Dejuan Blair to where the numbers would match.

LittleCriminal
07-28-2013, 10:42 PM
A career P.E.R of 17

Career per 36 minutes of 15pts, and 11 rebounds.

If he's a scrub then I have been using the word incorrectly.

If you can't crack the rotation with Matt Bonner playing ahead you = scrub.
You can spit all the P.E.R fantasy crap but in the end Blair still couldn't get off the bench.
Since when did Pop start playing players based on P.E.R?
Ill answer for you...never.

Strategic
07-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Every time DeJuan turns around all he sees is a locked door to the Spurs' locker room. That's hard ball for sure.

rjv
07-28-2013, 11:31 PM
teams are probably only offering 2nd round picks

Kindergarten Cop
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
teams are probably only offering 2nd round picks

If that we're the case, the Spurs would jump at it. They would be getting a draft pick for free. The Spurs are reluctant because the only team that is reportedly offering a deal in Blair's desired range is dangerously close to the luxury tax threshold and must send out salary (as opposed to only sending out picks, even a 2nd) to make the deal worthwhile.

Marrow
07-28-2013, 11:45 PM
His advanced numbers are very impressive. (15pts and 11 rebs,. per 36 minutes) he also has a career P.E.R of 17. Not many guys like that on the market that are as young as him either. I would think he'd be in line for a 3 year, $10 million dollar deal. He will not sign for the minimum ($988,864) He would either be incredibly stupid and or desperate. No reason to believe he is either.

He may be viewed as incredibiliy stupid if he does sign for the minimum (seeing he is worth well more) however you have to ask yourself...what is his percieved value around the league? for a guy who has no acls and now is not of any use to the spurs the minimum may be all he will get, contrary to what advanced stats may say

chapnis
07-29-2013, 12:19 AM
You can spit all the P.E.R fantasy crap but in the end Blair still couldn't get off the bench.

you realise he started a fair few games for the Spurs right?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I must be in the minority to think Blair could play a big roll on the Spurs. Sure, he doesn't have the defense at this level like Splitter (to be fair, he doesn't have the size, his D is pretty good), but his rebounding would be so good for us. Splitter cannot rebound to save his life. I think we could utilize him.

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I must be in the minority to think Blair could play a big roll on the Spurs. Sure, he doesn't have the defense at this level like Splitter (to be fair, he doesn't have the size, his D is pretty good), but his rebounding would be so good for us. Splitter cannot rebound to save his life. I think we could utilize him.

Apparently, that ship has sailed. Blair has no desire to return to the Spurs and the Spurs have no desire to retain him.

palangi
07-29-2013, 12:29 AM
so did richard jefferson?

chapnis
07-29-2013, 12:43 AM
so did richard jefferson?

and he's getting paid 10 mil

Brunodf
07-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Just like Finley/RMJ/Bogans/Bonner/RJ/Turkoglu/89 yr old Macdyess

Chinook
07-29-2013, 01:36 AM
That would be the Spurs going out of their way to get him a deal. Why should they take back garbage contracts? No way I'm paying shitty Jan Vesely $3.5 million just to get Blair a contract and I doubt the Spurs want to pay Ariza $7.7 million.

Expiring deals are a different beast, especially to teams over the cap. Ariza's deal isn't horrible, provided the Spurs could obtain it without much hassle. Worst case, it's a hell of a trade chip to have at the deadline.

If a trade fails to happen, it will be because the Spurs don't like Ariza or like Bonner too much, or because the Wizards either think Ariza is worth more than Blair and filler or because they don't want to take on two contracts for one.

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 01:41 AM
Blair is insisting that hes worth more than he is. I'm sure theres probably a dozen teams that would love to sign him. A 24 year old player that has shown some of the burst that he has? Absolutely. But considering his very painful and obvious downsides, and the ever-present knee concerns, anything more than a multi-year minimum deal (similar to Patty's deal) is a reach - and the league knows it. Blair just doesn't seem to.

Spurs aren't holding anything up though. Hes unrestricted, and even if he were restricted, the Spurs wouldn't match even a minimum deal. But hes a free bird, go sign wherever you want.

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 01:44 AM

Good point.

Tell me about all those 4th quarters he played in when the game was tight. Or all of his playoff performances too. Surely a player that started so many games is among the team's best players and contributed hugely in those affairs.

chapnis
07-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Good point.

Tell me about all those 4th quarters he played in when the game was tight. Or all of his playoff performances too. Surely a player that started so many games is among the team's best players and contributed hugely in those affairs.

I never said he was among the teams best players. But I do believe he can be the third or fourth big on a on an average or bad NBA team and is worth more than a minimum contract.

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Allow me to repost this, as I think it sums up Dejuan Blair pretty well.

Would you want this player?

Pros:
- Huge 7'2" wingspan
- Shoots a high FG% (just under 53% for his career)
- Still only 24 years old
- Historically a good rebounder (one of the most prolific ever in NCAA history)
- Good Pick n' Roll player
- Very nifty, and underrated, passer out of the post
- Possesses a great floater in the lane
- Knee issues have not plagued his career, as many had thought likely
- Seems to have overcome issues with weight
- Streaky. Has rare occasions where he gets hot and goes off
- As a result, had some monstrous games early in his career (20/20's)
- A ball of energy; serves as a great energizer for the team

Cons:
- Woefully undersized at 6'6.5" (in shoes) for a center
- Exclusively a center, has no capacity to play PF
- Among the league's worst defensive bigmen
- Not an enforcer; blocks very few shots and cannot guard the lane
- Struggles to understand team defensive concepts, despite 4 years in the system, and also in man-to-man D
- Low BBIQ
- Has consistently, lacked consistency
- Has no jump shot to speak of; purely a post scorer
- Not a threat in the Pick n' Pop
- Shoots a horrible FT% (60% for career, almost 63% last year)
- Despite coming into the league at age 20, has shown no real improvement in 4 seasons
- Per 36M rebounding numbers have been steadily declining since rookie season except for a minor rise this last season (.48 RPG)
- Possible future knee issues will always be a concern, especially as he gets older and puts more miles on them
- Limited playoff experience, despite ample opportunity. Through 36 playoff games with the Spurs hes only averaged 8.2 MPG
- Additionally has very limited 4th Quarter experience (except garbage time), as he was largely used early in games when in the rotation
- Has been consistently dropped from the rotation prior to the playoffs basically his entire career
- Has historically struggled and sulked when not starting, somewhat mitigating his utility as an energy big

lefty
07-29-2013, 01:49 AM
"haters gonna hate" meme :lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VqXfREDs8WE/UXZNF-zCiuI/AAAAAAAAHVw/f9FtVEKAiSo/s1600/DeJuan+Blair+Pregame+Dance.gif

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 02:29 AM
I never said he was among the teams best players. But I do believe he can be the third or fourth big on a on an average or bad NBA team and is worth more than a minimum contract.

You implied it pretty strongly by proclaiming how many games he'd started.

But I do agree. DeJuan Blair would be at his best as a 4th big for a team - probably as an energy guy off the bench. Hes not a guy you can really rely on with any consistency, but sometimes he'll come up huge for you. I'm just saying that someone that has any many blatant and glaring flaws as he does doesn't deserve a significant payday. Hes a center thats just barely as tall as a typical shooting guard.

exstatic
07-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Blair is not restricted.

If he wants to show his value, sign for the min and prove people wrong. SA has no reason to help him if the move doesn't help the franchise.

Strategic
07-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Dejuan was passed over by every team that had a 1st round pick in '09 and a few more in the 2nd round. It may just be that most of these teams still think that they made a good decision?

cd021
07-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Bonner is a scrub...right. His play during the 1st round vs Dwigt and the Lakers and the WCF against ZBo and Grizzles certainly don't make him a scrub. Pop had faith in what Bonner could do and he put together a pair of strong series. Actually watch him play and you can tell he actually is a good defender (especially in the post) and seldom is late in weakside rotations. Against Dwight and ZBo Pop d his setting screens and forcing ZBO and Dwight way out of the paint. He is good and for the money we have paid him, he had been money well spent.

Fantasy? P.E.R is one of the best advanced stats that used to more accurately gauge a players performance instead of those incredibly misleading box score stats. He has been a well above average player his four year career. Thats is going off the eye test and advanced numbers. I suggest you look at advanced numbers as well. It would also tell you historically the Spurs have been a juggernaut offensively when Bonner as been on the floor.

Blair lost his spot more do to Diaw and Splitter than Bonner anyway. Diaw is more versatile and can hit 3 pointers. He can play all three front court positions and Splitter is a much taller version of Blair with better defense. Its not like Pop didn't think Blair could play its just that he was usurped in the rotation by players who fit the teams need better. More than a dozen teams were interested in Blair for a reason

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Dejuan was passed over by every team that had a 1st round pick in '09 and a few more in the 2nd round. It may just be that most of these teams still think that they made a good decision?

To be perfectly fair, where someone was drafted 4 years ago has little bearing on their game now. If Tony Parker had a down season we wouldn't all start pointing out that he was ONLY a late 1st rounder. 48 months into an NBA career we should know who you are, draft position totally aside.

Blair lost his spot more do to Diaw and Splitter than Bonner anyway. Diaw is more versatile and can hit 3 pointers. He can play all three front court positions and Splitter is a much taller version of Blair with better defense. Its not like Pop didn't think Blair could play its just that he was usurped in the rotation by players who fit the teams need better. More than a dozen teams were interested in Blair for a reason

A couple points of interest. If we really want to liven this up, remember that Diaw was the guy that was cut by the Bobcats and couldn't get playing time with them. Now, I'm personally a huge fan of his, but this guy isn't exactly a superstar. But doesn't that tell you a bit about Blair? He has absolutely zero versatility. Hes a Center - the smallest one in the league. And he can't guard the rim...can't even really play defense at all at this level at the position hes required to play based on his total lack of versatility.

You act like Blair was playing great and then all these superstars got signed around him, relegating him to the bench. In reality, the only reason he was significant is because he came into a frontcourt that was staffed by Duncan and a bunch of rotting corpses. As soon as some legitimate NBA depth got brought in Blair got pushed out. Thats just what happened. And we've already established that this wasn't the cream of the crop that came in. This was a guy the Bobcats didn't want. And Tiago, a soft Euro that drives this entire board nuts.

CubanMustGo
07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Bonner is a scrub...right. His play during the 1st round vs Dwigt and the Lakers and the WCF against ZBo and Grizzles certainly don't make him a scrub. Pop had faith in what Bonner could do and he put together a pair of strong series. Actually watch him play and you can tell he actually is a good defender (especially in the post) and seldom is late in weakside rotations. Against Dwight and ZBo Pop d his setting screens and forcing ZBO and Dwight way out of the paint. He is good and for the money we have paid him, he had been money well spent.

Great Ghu, Bonner finally had a couple of decent playoff series and some people want to make it out to be the second coming.

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2013, 09:17 AM
If we really want to liven this up, remember that Diaw was the guy that was cut by the Bobcats and couldn't get playing time with them. Now, I'm personally a huge fan of his, but this guy isn't exactly a superstar.

To be fair, Diaw was not "cut" from the Bobcats, he was bought out and Charlotte was able to save money and Diaw was able to escape a horrible situation on a sinking ship. He and Silas had a torrid relationship as well - which was the main reason he wasn't getting playing time. Most knew that Diaw still had a lot left in the tank and could contribute in a fairly big way.

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 09:19 AM
To be fair, Diaw was not "cut" from the Bobcats, he was bought out and Charlotte was able to save money and Diaw was able to escape a horrible situation on a sinking ship. He and Silas had a torrid relationship as well - which was the main reason he wasn't getting playing time. Most knew that Diaw still had a lot left in the tank and could contribute in a fairly big way.

Understood. But it's not like the Bobcats have an abundance of talent. If Diaw was a good player then why did they pay him money to leave? Hes no can't miss superstar is really the point I'm trying to make.

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Understood. But it's not like the Bobcats have an abundance of talent. If Diaw was a good player then why did they pay him money to leave? Hes no can't miss superstar is really the point I'm trying to make.

Agreed that Diaw isn't a superstar by any means, but is it really wise to enter the Bobcat's FO talent assessment into evidence here? He and Silas were not seeing eye to eye + Diaw was making a lot of money + the Bobcats were going nowhere + the Bobcats could save a lot of money if he were to agree to a buyout = Diaw no longer a Bobcat.

Knoxxx
07-29-2013, 09:41 AM
The Ariza contract is not bad at all as a $7.7 expiring. Any of our junk we could offload along with a Blair S&T would be a steal to acquire the guy.

This notion we don't have money is ludicrous when we are running $10 million below the luxury tax line. What we want is to run right up at that line provided we can make any moves that incrementally improve the team without taking on any bad long term contracts.

The problem is our only method to add players and salary is through the cooperation of other teams through S&Ts. All the more reason to play hard ball in that area when nobody has wanted to help us so far.

tenbeersbold
07-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Just like Finley/RMJ/Bogans/Bonner/RJ/Turkoglu/89 yr old Macdyess
Yeah but benching Blair in favor of McDyess once the PO's rolled around was a big mistake

I never understood that move,kid played his heart out and did damn good during the regular season and then got bukakked for old azz McDyess

I hope he gets a fair shot w/ another team

playblair
07-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah but benching Blair in favor of McDyess once the PO's rolled around was a big mistake

I never understood that move,kid played his heart out and did damn good during the regular season and then got bukakked for old azz McDyess

I hope he gets a fair shot w/ another team

agree dice was a terrible defender ................ he was dominated & it was painful watching dice play PNR defense................ the myth that blair is a bad defender came from certain poster who refused to blame dice & blamed blair instead .................

playblair
07-29-2013, 01:15 PM

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
agree dice was a terrible defender ................ he was dominated & it was painful watching dice play PNR defense................ the myth that blair is a bad defender came from certain poster who refused to blame dice & blamed blair instead .................

Myth = Bigfoot

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2013/06/06-16-bigfoot-2_full_600.jpg

Myth = Loch Ness Monster

http://www.myexistenz.com/x/article15/article/loch%20ness.jpg

Blair's horrible defense? Not a myth. An absolute.

Do you even watch the games? Or do you just troll randomly?

playblair
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
^explain blairs galore of steals ....................... steals = defense .........................

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
^explain blairs galore of steals ....................... steals = defense .........................

Gambling on steals = good defense?

Budkin
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Blair went from being the steal of the draft to a guy that no one wants.

Vash StampedE
07-29-2013, 01:47 PM
"haters gonna hate" meme :lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VqXfREDs8WE/UXZNF-zCiuI/AAAAAAAAHVw/f9FtVEKAiSo/s1600/DeJuan+Blair+Pregame+Dance.gif
:lol

DrunkTXLabrat
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Blair is a bumble bee. steals are nice. his offense is nice. loose ball boards are nice. hes a hard worker, maybe the hardest. and that's really nice. but...he's a deceptive player. he isn't a threat to block most of his men. or win that tough tip rebound. no matter how long the bumble bee flies... it'll always be unbelievable. and even moreso with bad wings. faith will always be lost on Blair.

Solid D
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
playblair, since you were the one who posted this garbage about Blair being a restricted FA, I would suggest...if you haven't already done so...that you contact the author of the article, Bryan Rose, and advise him of his error. His contact info is posted at the bottom of the article. A simple "my bad" to the rest of your SpursTalk mates wouldn't hurt either.

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2013, 02:20 PM
The Ariza contract is not bad at all as a $7.7 expiring. Any of our junk we could offload along with a Blair S&T would be a steal to acquire the guy.

This notion we don't have money is ludicrous when we are running $10 million below the luxury tax line. What we want is to run right up at that line provided we can make any moves that incrementally improve the team without taking on any bad long term contracts.

The problem is our only method to add players and salary is through the cooperation of other teams through S&Ts. All the more reason to play hard ball in that area when nobody has wanted to help us so far.This just me but I have the gut feeling that the main reason why the FO has failed to acquire Trevor Ariza (if they even tried doing so) is because of Pop’s refusal to get rid of Matt Bonner. If Dejuan Blair is signed for a $3M contract and then package him with Matt Bonner in a S&T then the numbers would match for the trade to go through.

I mean just think about it, the reports said that the Wizards were interested in Dejuan Blair and another big that would spread the floor, then Matt Bonner fits the bill. Matt Bonner is the main reason why no trades with the Wizards have occurred. Either that or the FO is stupid and stingy enough not to be interested in Trevor Ariza’s $7M contract. That’s just my opinion.

DrSteffo
07-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Blair is soft. If he played like he should he would be decent. The first season he was Grizzly Blair and then became Teddy Blair, smiling after every mistake. Really bad on D and not only because of his size. On O he put up wild shots and floaters...why?

Darkwaters
07-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Blair went from being the steal of the draft to a guy that no one wants.

I don't think that's true at all. This isn't a case like T-Mac that can't even get a minimum deal. Plenty of teams would gobble up Blair on a minimum salary gig. Hes only 24 for crying out loud, so hes an obvious gamble for someone to try and rehabilitate. The problem is that I'm pretty sure he overstates his own value. He wants more than hes going to get and that is whats keeping him a FA.

ace3g
07-29-2013, 07:57 PM
DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)DONE!

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45

http://i.imgur.com/grCiNwd.gif

Hoops Czar
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Is DeJuan Blair a legit source?

ace3g
07-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Is DeJuan Blair a legit source?

Nope, probably done with dinner, etc

Budkin
07-29-2013, 08:11 PM
DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45

Sounds like he's out.

playblair
07-29-2013, 08:13 PM
august 4th is a likely day for blair to announce where hes signing ............................

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2013, 08:52 PM

Budkin
07-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I don't get it.

Texas_Ranger
07-29-2013, 09:14 PM
no one gets him.

bklynspursfan
07-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Hm... Pittsburgh Panthers... But, Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team. Is he Philly bound? lol

rick1991
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
august 4th is a likely day for blair to announce where hes signing ............................

Why then?

ace3g
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Why then?

He is going by this tweet:

DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)RT @POPchanny (http://twitter.com/POPchanny): Party of the summer is this Sunday �� @DeJuan45 (http://twitter.com/DeJuan45) welcome home party! Better get yall babysitters now ��

Budkin
07-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Ok so he's going back to Pittsburgh?

dallasmaverickslose
07-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Why does this thread live?

Texas_Ranger
07-29-2013, 09:23 PM
meh, 76ers don't have any players worth trading for.

ace3g
07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Could be a reason for interest with Wizards

Ben M ‏@BenAgent0 (https://twitter.com/BenAgent0) 1h (https://twitter.com/BenAgent0/status/362019230473916417) DeJuan Blair is represented by Dan Fegan. John Wall, Martell Webster and Nene are also represented by Fegan. (not like it matters though)

Expand (https://twitter.com/BenAgent0/status/362019230473916417)

Solid D
07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Closest NBA city to Pittsburgh is Cleveland.

ace3g
07-29-2013, 10:07 PM
DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)Pay backs a Mother.......

playblair
07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
^ heat ? clippers? mavs? ...........................

DesignatedT
07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I think it's Washington.

rick1991
07-29-2013, 10:21 PM
I think it's the Cavs

playblair
07-29-2013, 10:27 PM
:lol @ blair using the ............... in his tweet..........................

DrunkTXLabrat
07-29-2013, 10:27 PM
cavs are close but dc aint so far either.

LittleCriminal
07-29-2013, 10:28 PM
cd021 "Bonner is a scrub...right. His play during the 1st round vs Dwigt and the Lakers and the WCF against ZBo and Grizzles certainly don't make him a scrub. Pop had faith in what Bonner could do and he put together a pair of strong series. Actually watch him play and you can tell he actually is a good defender (especially in the post) and seldom is late in weakside rotations. Against Dwight and ZBo Pop d his setting screens and forcing ZBO and Dwight way out of the paint. He is good and for the money we have paid him, he had been money well spent."

So you are bragging about one series in how many years have these 2 scrubs been on the team?? These 2 dong bags have been sucking it up for years.. Did you just become a spurs fan in round one?? You have lower expectations slut.

bklynspursfan
07-29-2013, 10:30 PM
I think it's Washington.

But payback? :huh

Budkin
07-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Payback against the Spurs? :lol

stxspurs
07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=ace3g;6785651][FONT=Arial]DeJuan Blair [COLOR=#888888]@DeJuan45

correct grammer would have made this a strong statement....lol

rick1991
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM

Against the Heat?

Sean Cagney
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM

If he is out East I don't see how.

admiralsnackbar
07-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=ace3g;6785651][FONT=Arial]DeJuan Blair [COLOR=#888888]@DeJuan45

correct grammer would have made this a strong statement....lol

Wuz these supposed to be in blu?

Knoxxx
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
This just me but I have the gut feeling that the main reason why the FO has failed to acquire Trevor Ariza (if they even tried doing so) is because of Pop’s refusal to get rid of Matt Bonner. If Dejuan Blair is signed for a $3M contract and then package him with Matt Bonner in a S&T then the numbers would match for the trade to go through.

I mean just think about it, the reports said that the Wizards were interested in Dejuan Blair and another big that would spread the floor, then Matt Bonner fits the bill. Matt Bonner is the main reason why no trades with the Wizards have occurred. Either that or the FO is stupid and stingy enough not to be interested in Trevor Ariza’s $7M contract. That’s just my opinion.

Yes good chance FO thinks Bonner > Ariza but the folly there is no way I can see that being true against Miami small ball. If we are not scheming for that rematch at all, we are effing up which I think is the majority opinion. Any incoming player who could stay on the floor against Miami for us would be a great excuse to unload Bonner, especially a "long 3" that can defend and hit the corner 3. Perhaps Ariza is just not on the table at all though?

cd021
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
cd021 "Bonner is a scrub...right. His play during the 1st round vs Dwigt and the Lakers and the WCF against ZBo and Grizzles certainly don't make him a scrub. Pop had faith in what Bonner could do and he put together a pair of strong series. Actually watch him play and you can tell he actually is a good defender (especially in the post) and seldom is late in weakside rotations. Against Dwight and ZBo Pop d his setting screens and forcing ZBO and Dwight way out of the paint. He is good and for the money we have paid him, he had been money well spent."

So you are bragging about one series in how many years have these 2 scrubs been on the team?? These 2 dong bags have been sucking it up for years.. Did you just become a spurs fan in round one?? You have lower expectations slut.

Have been a spurs fan for the past 8 seasons.

First he is a role player and expecting much more than he provides in the post season is just stupid.He plays his role and gets paid accordingly. Any stat ,advanced or not , will back that up. If the Spurs were to cut him absolutely every team with post season hopes would attempt to sign him ,Memphis, Miami, Clippers, & Denver in particular, should be interested. You're talking about a guy who since he's been in San Antonio has hit nearly 8% better than the league average from 3 ( that dates back to the 06-07 season, 7 years) he clearly is an above average role player.

Second Blair actually had a much higher P.E.R his first two seasons that Kawhi just had. He at no point has ever been a scrub with the Spurs. Its funny you seem to be a novice at following basketball yet you accuse me :lmao

RD2191
07-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Have been a spurs fan for the past 8 seasons.

First he is a role player and expecting much more than he provides in the post season is just stupid.He plays his role and gets paid accordingly. Any stat ,advanced or not , will back that up. If the Spurs were to cut him absolutely every team with post season hopes would attempt to sign him ,Memphis, Miami, Clippers, & Denver in particular, should be interested. You're talking about a guy who since he's been in San Antonio has hit nearly 8% better than the league average from 3 ( that dates back to the 06-07 season, 7 years) he clearly is an above average role player.

Second Blair actually had a much higher P.E.R his first two seasons that Kawhi just had. He at no point has ever been a scrub with the Spurs. Its funny you seem to be a novice at following basketball yet you accuse me :lmao

Lol@ defending that piece of shit Bonner

cd021
07-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Lol@ defending that piece of shit Bonner

You actually going to respond?

ace3g
07-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
(http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)Surprise development in Mavs' big man search: Hearing Dallas in serious talks on signing DeJuan Blair. Told deal looks "promising"

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Not the Mavs! That would be ironic!

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 09:58 AM
That's why he said payback?? :lol

Works out for the Mavs he replaces Elton Brand. They're like twins

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:04 AM
That's why he said payback?? :lol

Works out for the Mavs he replaces Elton Brand. They're like twins

But will he get what he is asking for? I thought the Mavs could only pay the vet minimum.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
But will he get what he is asking for? I thought the Mavs could only pay the vet minimum.

Yea I don't know what he can get. Maybe he feels it's a slap in the face to the Spurs by going to the Mavs? Or maybe he didn't want to be help SA be part of a S&T so that's his payback?

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 10:12 AM
How is that payback if he goes to the Mavs? :lol

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
How is that payback if he goes to the Mavs? :lol

:lol it's not, he seems to be trying to justify the situation. Adios DB, and playblair.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
:lol Paysnack!!!!

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTKxQJ2sh0#at=80

DesignatedT
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
:lol mavs. I wonder who will be better in a Mavs uniform. Manhinmi or Blair.

Plus, we should have known he wasn't going to go to a city that didn't have whataburger.

Vic Petro
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Plus, we should have known he wasn't going to go to a city that didn't have whataburger.

:rollin

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA)15m (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/362250437283414016)
DeJuan Blair and the Dallas Mavs have reach an agreement on a contract that will likely be worth $1.4 million for one year, per source.

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
so Blair is worth veterans minimum.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 11:57 AM

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 11:57 AM
so Blair is worth veterans minimum.

I thought he was wanting and expecting to get more. What happened?

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I thought he was wanting and expecting to get more. What happened?

He couldn't get what he was after and had to settle for the minimum. Now he'll have to work this season to get a bigger contract next summer.

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 12:00 PM
I think he wanted a 3Y/9M deal... I doubt he's worth that much.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)1h (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362244641413804032)
There was some talk of DeJuan Blair landing in DAL via S&T, but instead he'll likely do one-year deal and test free agency again next July.

Expand (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362244641413804032)

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)1h (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362245351958265856)
A lot of teams offered DeJuan Blair a similar contract, but he's likely going to the Dallas Mavericks because he'll play more minutes there.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Looks like the Spurs threw all balls and no outs!

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 12:34 PM
You have to laugh a little. The Spurs had two chances to do sign and trades with Blair and Neal and couldn't get something done.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
i wonder if he led buford on with a s&t to the wiz. then balked and signed with a division rival. that would be good pay back. he should have been traded last preseason.

LittleCriminal
07-30-2013, 12:43 PM
You actually going to respond?

Ill respond by saying Wow.
Blair's outstanding P.E.R just netted him a Vet Min deal....lol
By ur logic Blair should of landed a Max contract due to his Greater than Kahwi Leonard P.E.R and awesome ability to guard Dwight\Zbo for 5 minutes of a 1st round game. Despite never being in the game during crunch time and riding the pine until garbage time..
Blair\Bonner are scrubs.. get it through that 8 season bandwagoned head of urs.

DapDaGenius
07-30-2013, 01:18 PM
So without Neal and Blair to blame...all blame goes to Manu and Bonner now, right?

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:21 PM
So without Neal and Blair to blame...all blame goes to Manu and Bonner now, right?

cd021
07-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Ill respond by saying Wow.
Blair's outstanding P.E.R just netted him a Vet Min deal....lol
By ur logic Blair should of landed a Max contract due to his Greater than Kahwi Leonard P.E.R and awesome ability to guard Dwight\Zbo for 5 minutes of a 1st round game. Despite never being in the game during crunch time and riding the pine until garbage time..
Blair\Bonner are scrubs.. get it through that 8 season bandwagoned head of urs.

Either you can't read or you just like putting words in my mouth to help your argument.

You called Bonner a scrub.

I countered with an actual argument, and you called him a scrub again

Blair has an above average Player Effiecency Rating.

You're the one who called him a scrub.

I responded that Blair actually was a more efficient player his first to seasons for comparison purposes. I doubt you'd call Kahwi a scrub but after learning that you still call Blair one (Explain that one to me please).

You said Kawhi was a max player ,while I said Blair was more effiecent than Kawhi his first couple of seasons. You actually got mixed up with your logic and mine.:lol

Blair for the vet. min is an absolute steal. I'll be sure to sure to find you next season when his name makes those "underpayed player lists"

You still have yet to produce any stats to backup your arguments....

BTW

Bandwagon Fan-Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.

We haven't won a title in 6 years and I'm still here.

I'm from VA. and still watch 40-50 games a season and follow every game channel when we play. I'm the exact opposite of a bandwagon fan.

LittleCriminal
07-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Either you can't read or you just like putting words in my mouth to help your argument.

You called Bonner a scrub.

I countered with an actual argument, and you called him a scrub again

Blair has an above average Player Effiecency Rating.

You're the one who called him a scrub.

I responded that Blair actually was a more efficient player his first to seasons for comparison purposes. I doubt you'd call Kahwi a scrub but after learning that you still call Blair one (Explain that one to me please).

You said Kawhi was a max player ,while I said Blair was more effiecent than Kawhi his first couple of seasons. You actually got mixed up with your logic and mine.:lol

Blair for the vet. min is an absolute steal. I'll be sure to sure to find you next season when his name makes those "underpayed player lists"

You still have yet to produce any stats to backup your arguments....

BTW

Bandwagon Fan-Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.

We haven't won a title in 6 years and I'm still here.

I'm from VA. and still watch 40-50 games a season and follow every game channel when we play. I'm the exact opposite of a bandwagon fan.

Being that you are from ButtPoke VA. It becomes very Clear now you are a scrub too.. 6 years without a title due to scrubs like Bonner/Blair on the team.
Being a scrub urself you are content losing year after year due to these 2 scrubs blowing dong..Now that Ur God Blair has relocated...please do tell what stats the Spurs Front Office overlooked before letting him walk and are you seriously saying Blair is better than Kahwi Leonard?

TMT®
07-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Hypothetically couldn't the Spurs threaten to match the 1.4/1yr in order to get something from the Mavs?
Anyone they got on their roster worth a look?

Kindergarten Cop
07-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Hypothetically couldn't the Spurs threaten to match the 1.4/1yr in order to get something from the Mavs?
Anyone they got on their roster worth a look?

Blair is an Unrestricted FA. The Spurs cannot "match" anything. Blair is free to sign with whomever he wishes and the Spurs cannot do anything about it.

TMT®
07-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Thought I read somewhere he was restricted for some reason, thought that was why all the S&T speculation was going around.

Good riddence, Dejuan.

Kindergarten Cop
07-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Thought I read somewhere he was restricted for some reason, thought that was why all the S&T speculation was going around.

Good riddence, Dejuan.

There was an article that was written recently (posted at the very beginning of this thread) that mistakenly listed him as a Restricted FA, but was immediately shot down. The S/T speculation was due to the Spurs owning Blair's Bird rights and allowing him to retain them as he goes on to another team.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM
i wonder if he led buford on with a s&t to the wiz. then balked and signed with a division rival. that would be good pay back. he should have been traded last preseason.

This. I'll bet this is what he was talking about by "payback." Good for him I guess.

ElNono
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
:lol nobody would s&t for the guy
:lol $1m/1 year deal
:lol scrub
:lol playblair