PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard this rumor???

Pistons < Spurs
07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Ok, for the record, I'm not buying into it...but it's hard not to at least ponder it when so many people are mentioning it.

Here's the deal:

Apparently, there are "rumors" that there is a deal being worked on to bring KG to Det. for Sheed,Darko and a 3rd player.

The Flip connection has been mentioned in regards to KG, and towards Billups (used to play in Minn.) And that KG wanted Billups to stay.

supposedly 2 local AM sports talk stations have picked up on it, but not too vocally yet. However, the "word" is that this deal is "85%" done..........

The ESPN Minn boards was also talking about it:

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=736&threadID=2075135&lastPostID=11933686

Obviously, this would be huge for us........should make us instant favorites........

........but............this rumor comes up every year for every team practically.

My question is, have you heard anything about this? And are you buying into it?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Why exactly does Minnesota do this?

ace3g
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
the wolves would be crazy to get rid of KG

Pistons < Spurs
07-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Why exactly does Minnesota do this?

Rebuilding. Spree is done...yet hard to trade......Cassell is what 35? 36? injury prone??

The 3rd player to be traded could be Arroyo? Delfino? Sheed and Arroyo would be 2 new starters. Cassell could come off the bench.

I could imagine some $$ being thrown into to sweeten it. Or possibly a 1st round pick.

I could also see wally or some other contract thrown in to help w/ the cap #'s

Or a 3rd team could get involved. New York gettin' Sheed? Who knows....like I said, I don't buy it.....but it's interesting to think about. We'll see in the next week if anything comes out of it I guess.

Sense
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
:lmao

Hadn't you post this dream of yours before?

Pistons < Spurs
07-19-2005, 11:35 PM

????
Nope.......not my dream. Just something that has been discussed alot today. Don't know what else you could be refering to.

Sense
07-19-2005, 11:44 PM
????
Nope.......not my dream. Just something that has been discussed alot today. Don't know what else you could be refering to.

This isn't the first time you've made me laugh by this..

you have posted this before somewhere in the forums..

Like I said before, it'll never happen.

AI-square
07-19-2005, 11:49 PM
It wouldn't shock me too much if it happened. I think Minnesota have to be realistic about their chances this season. If the Lakers improve then it's going to be really hard for the Timberwolves to make the playoffs. So they may be considering rebuilding.

Trading Garnett should free some cap space, and as good as Garnett is, I think Minnesota can do better with, say, Rasheed and Arroyo or Delfino.

I'm not buying into it totally yet, just saying that I don't think it's impossible.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Rebuilding.So you rebuild by trading for an older Wallace.

Diabolical.

Why not just wait til next summer when you have room to sign a max free agent?
Spree is done...yet hard to trade.Yet easier to simply let go as a free agent this summer.
Cassell is what 35? 36? injury prone??Off the books after this season????

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 12:18 AM
the guy is just posting what the radio shows are saying in detroit, lay off the guy.

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 12:19 AM
but it would be a very stupid trade for minny.

mavsfan1000
07-20-2005, 12:23 AM
This is ridiculous. No way would Minnesota do that trade. You just don't trade your franchise player without getting alot back. They would want Ben Wallace or Billups at least.

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 12:26 AM
where is spursdaone? he would love this trade.

PM5K
07-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Minnesota wouldn't give him up that easily, they would either require more young talent or a lot of draft picks, this trade doesn't make sense otherwise...

Build a championship team around a guy that wants no part of leading a team and another guy whose played all of zero first, second, and third quarter minutes his entire career, and only plays fourth quarter minutes in blowouts?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 01:06 AM

Yo, Pistons troll, you posted this last month.

It wasn't gonna happen then, it's not going to happen now.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-20-2005, 01:17 AM
not gonna happen, sorry!

Sense
07-20-2005, 03:32 AM
It wouldn't shock me too much if it happened. I think Minnesota have to be realistic about their chances this season. If the Lakers improve then it's going to be really hard for the Timberwolves to make the playoffs. So they may be considering rebuilding.

Trading Garnett should free some cap space, and as good as Garnett is, I think Minnesota can do better with, say, Rasheed and Arroyo or Delfino.

I'm not buying into it totally yet, just saying that I don't think it's impossible.

This is a franchise player...2nd best power forward in the league ATM, and he's younger than Rasheed...

Who in the hell would want to do that trade?

I've been in Minnesota...those guys loved 2 guys back then...

KG and Randy Moss...

Moss is gone...

KG is not leaving.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2005, 03:35 AM
If it did happen, then we'd still beat them in the finals if we resign big dog

Pistons < Spurs
07-20-2005, 07:23 AM

This isn't the first time you've made me laugh by this..

you have posted this before somewhere in the forums..

Yo, Pistons troll, you posted this last month.

It wasn't gonna happen then, it's not going to happen now.

As I mentioned before, I have never posted on this topic before. What I believe you
are refering to is:

Rumors are swirling around here in Detroit that a draft day move involving Darko, Rasheed with some picks to Minnesota for Garnett and future picks.

It makes sense, that these are going around, Billups is all over Flip, he is the #1 man for the opening here in Detroit (Everyone here knows that Larry is gone, 3 Piston insiders have confirmed that Larry has already accepted the job in Cleveland) and KG loves FLIP andwants to get out of minnesota and really wants to win a ring. Along with that Chauncey and KG are very close friends.

I dont know, if that happens it will be a HUGE BLOCKBUSTER for the league. Joe Dumars has pulled off some crazy stuff in the past, this would be amazing.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20319

I know all us "piston fans" look alike to you :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
07-20-2005, 07:28 AM
I find it interesting that it's basically the same "rumor" from then. Perhaps there has been some working on this.

And again, I am not the one proposing this trade...I in fact said that I'm not buying it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I find it interesting that all of you Detroit fans don't understand jack shit about the salary cap.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Minnesota does such a deal to blow it all up and start rebuilding. KG's contract has proven to be far too much for one player not named Shaq in today's NBA. KG is not of the class of a Shaq or Duncan, guys who guarantee you at least a conference semi-final playoff appearance every year. Minnesota's one lone playoff run came when Cassell and Sprewell still had something in the tank. KG can put up stats all day long but he seems to fall in the Vince Carter class of players who can play great and still not carry a team.

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I seem to recall Tim's teamates doing just as much if not more than Tim in the finals.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
I seem to recall Tim's teamates doing just as much if not more than Tim in the finals.

Season after season after season Tim Duncan has managed to carry his team past a first round opponent and on to the conference semi-finals, if not conference finals, if not NBA Finals.

Kevin Garnett is not in the same class of player as Tim Duncan, Wolves fan.

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Just reminding you, Tim wasn't even the spurs MVP of ANY win in the finals against the pistons except for game seven.

As it stands now, two rings were with a HOF center and one was with a guy who arguabley deserved the finals MVP also.

Wake me up when KG gets to play with either of those types of players.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Excuses, excuses.

KG's played with plenty of talent during his time in Minneapolis.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Minnesota does such a deal to blow it all up and start rebuilding.then they shouldn't have signed him to an extension last season that gives him a bit over half of what he was getting. As I said they are a season away from being able to sign a max free agent -- possibly more if they work the right Szczerbiak trade. This trade doesn't do much at all to clear cap as Sheed's deal is just as long "other players" woth contracts have to be involved.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Excuses, excuses.

KG's played with plenty of talent during his time in Minneapolis.Yes the "KG never had no good teammates" bit is almost as tired as "San Antonio is the 8th largest media market in the US."

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 04:02 PM
When did i say MEDIA market?

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok, market.

Still far from being true.

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Not really, you have an assload of people in your vicinity.

Thats a fact.

jochhejaam
07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
why would that make detroit the favs?
with LB gone, Detroit will play faggot defense. with sheed gone you will have 0 low post offense.
In other words Detroit will suck.

What a goofball post! What Flash Gordon, are you the top basketball
analyst among cartoon characters? :smokin Put down the cheeba dude! It's all hypothetical but if we essentially traded Rasheed for Garnett we would be heavy favorites to win the East. Garnett's one of the more dominant scorers in the game, the top rebounder in the league, and just as good defensively as Rasheed!

Spursdaone
07-20-2005, 06:48 PM
where is spursdaone? he would love this trade.
Just add Billups to that and is a done deal.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Not really, you have an assload of people in your vicinity.

Thats a fact.Not as many as the 30-odd metro areas that are larger.

That's a fact.

Sense
07-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Just reminding you, Tim wasn't even the spurs MVP of ANY win in the finals against the pistons except for game seven.

As it stands now, two rings were with a HOF center and one was with a guy who arguabley deserved the finals MVP also.

I enjoy whenever morons like you make this excuse...

The truth is, the Spurs=Timberwolves without Duncan.. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 08:05 PM

Yeah, but Duncan had to do it with Rasho, and we all know he was a Tpup reject. ;)

sickdsm
07-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Was that the same Rasho that basically got shelved behind a journeyman center that stole his starting spot in the playoffs despite being a late addition?

Thats what I thought.

Vicinity equals metro area now? My GF is twenty feet away watching TV. Maybe I can say theres more people here in SD than in SA depending on who's in your house.

Spin those numbers how you want but the metro area doesn't equal the viciinity.

I 'spoze now you think the bay area doesn't include berkely?

Marcus: I suppose you and all your clones are pumping up Marbury in all the other LB threads huh? A guy so great that Brown wanted kicked off the olympics?

From todays' paper:

"Steph is going to say all the right things about playing for Coach Brown, because Steph will tell you anything you want to hear if it benefits Steph," a former Marbury teammate told me yesterday. "But if anyone thinks that marriage is going to work, well, they've never played with Steph, or coached him." New York Post

Or i suppose you'd love to point out Wally and how they should have made some noise when he was an allstar and neglect that he had a season ending injury after the ASB? Or better yet acknowledge that he was an AS at SG? That basically says a lot about the defense when you have wally guarding the Kobe's or Rip hamiltons of the league.

You might as well have put Sean Marks on Billups in the finals.

ChumpDumper
07-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Spin those numbers how you want but the metro area doesn't equal the viciinity.In San Antonio, it pretty much does since there aren't many sizeable communities around it like in other MSAs -- something you continue to completely fail to understand.
I 'spoze now you think the bay area doesn't include berkely?Sure it does, but San Antonio doesn't include Austin.

sickdsm
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
no but the san antonio area does.

Have you ever been to minneapolis?

A Serbian Beast
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
we arent going to trade for kg. if we do we WILL NOT send darko in the deal. darko does not play that ****. we will send sheed, darvin ham, and dupree away.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
no but the san antonio area does.Except that it doesn't. San Diego isn't included in LAs area is it? No, and I've explained to you why Austin isn't included with SA.
Have you ever been to minneapolis?Yes. It's metro population is much larger than San Antonio's. Period.

Have you been to Austin?

San Antonio?

The Rio Grande Valley?

Sense
07-22-2005, 04:01 PM
no but the san antonio area does.

Have you ever been to minneapolis?

Yep... that city's boring.

sickdsm
07-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Except that it doesn't. San Diego isn't included in LAs area is it? No, and I've explained to you why Austin isn't included with SA.Yes. It's metro population is much larger than San Antonio's. Period.

Have you been to Austin?

San Antonio?

The Rio Grande Valley?

No san diego isn't, but if one weren't so obtuse to stop and think that hypothetically, if San Diego was without a NBA team, then YES, they are in laker/clipper territory. Contrary to what you believe there ARE fans that don't live in the metro area. In an area like Minnepolis, i'd say over half of the fan base is outside the metro area. Since this is a lot more rural (not that many people living in the forest to the north or the farmland to the west) Drive east and your in bucks territory. Meanwhile a quick search gives up such goodies as Texas Speedway in college station is within a 200 mile radius of 90 percent of texas's population, 22 million in '03. 19.8 million divided by three NBA teams, equals about 6.5 million. Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota combined have about that. Your going into Nuggets territory there too. Obviously its not going to factor like that but you DO have that base of people, which most places don't.

But you go ahead and assume that no one outside the city limits cheers for the spurs, why would they? Being the best winning team in the last seven years and having the most exciting player in the NBA in Manu. You go ahead and plead the "woe is me" case just like every one else in this "small market".

sickdsm
07-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Yep... that city's boring.

I don't find it too exciting either. Way too liberal-minded for me. I'm not into the artsy stuff. Reminds me too much of Milwaukee, but cleaner.

Theres a reason why everyone and there brother have a cabin "up north"

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 07:57 AM
But you go ahead and assume that no one outside the city limits cheers for the spursAgain, have you been to Austin?

Anyway, all your bitching was about filling up an arena in the first place, which is entirely dependent upon proximity. I don't count people in Montana or even Underwood, MN as potential season ticket holders, and I definitely don't include Austin for the Spurs. Were that the case the SBC center would likely be the Dell Center.

sickdsm
07-23-2005, 09:40 AM
No it wasn't, the basis is idiots that say "spurs are small market team, that's why we can't get any FA's" I've brought it up multiple times since then, INCLUDING that post about the arena. Whether you want to believe it or not you live in a very populated area. And i assume your "statistics" is you walking around Austin and seeing some Mavs jerseys and saying everyone is a mavs fan. Season ticket holders? definatly not. Corporate? maybe. But theres a reason why the wolves play there preseason games in Grand Forks, Fargo ND, Sioux Falls, Brookings SD. Its to get those guys coming to games and be interested. An hour drive away is a city of 750K, do you actually ever get out of the urban area?

I've been to San antonio and dallas both only one time. Didn't go through Austin.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 10:27 AM
And i assume your "statistics" is you walking around Austin and seeing some Mavs jerseys and saying everyone is a mavs fan.No. There are Spurs fans as well as Mav and Rocket fans. If you go to a sports bar that is showing Spurs games (which aren't shown on any local channel) and Rocket games at the same time, you'll see pretty much equal numbers of fans for each -- that's simply the way it is and if you had ever been to Austin you would know this.
But theres a reason why the wolves play there preseason games in Grand Forks, Fargo ND, Sioux Falls, Brookings SD.And the Spurs are playing in North and South Carolina -- is that San Antoino's area? I really don't remember the Spurs ever playing a preseason game here.

As I have said before, Austin is a relatively unique place. It's close enough to Dallas and Houston for many fans to follow their pro franchises -- I would imagine following franchises from the other major sports in those areas could incline one to follow their basketball teams as well. And the Austin-Round Rock area has enough population, and perhaps more importantly, enough money to be considered a market on its own. It has a Triple A baseball team (San Antonio only a Double A) with Dell as its stadium sponsor and an arena football team (something San Antonio couldn't keep)
An hour drive away is a city of 750K, do you actually ever get out of the urban area?As I said, Austin-Round Rock is its own urban area, and is poised to grow quite a bit in the next decade to where it might actually rival San Antonio in terms of size. I think the regional thinking would apply better to, say a football team which only plays once a week on the weekends -- the regional model works much better for something like that for actual attendance -- Foxboro comes to mind. In a decade you might be able to plop an NFL stadium between New Braunfels and San Marcos and have it make sense. The same simply can't be said for NBA teams -- think about the Meadowlands.....

sickdsm
07-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I think not. Only a handful of games are actually shown up here -- quite a few Maverick games make it on FSW as well. Austin is an island onto itself with UT dominating any other sports interest. After that, its pro sports loyalties are given to Dallas and Houston as much if not more than San Antonio.

If you are going to include them there, then you start doing things like including the whole state of Minnesota for the Wolves, for example. It would be tough to draw a map showing viewership that way, but Austin would definitely be split between Dallas and SA.

You posted this on 7-16. Then you said the spurs come after UT, Mavs and rockets in popularity (woe is me routine) This was a direct response to BigDiggyD after he said the size and location of Austin you almost need to include it in the spurs area. For your information, Minnesota is alot larger than an hour drive from anywhere to the T.C.

Now you say its all the same?

Marcus Bryant used the same gimmick that day.

From my time spent in Austin, I concur about the loyalties of the that market. Just because it is an hour away from SA, that doesn't really mean anything. Austin has a transient population with plenty of people from Dallas, Houston, California, NY and the rest of the world.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Then you said the spurs come after UT, Mavs and rockets in popularityAfter UT definitely, I said Mavs and Rockets are at least as popular here -- nothing has changed.
woe is me routineWhat woe? I'm not crying a river over the situation. That's simply the way it is here. Seeing as you have never even been here, no take you have could have any relevance at all compared to people who in fact live here.
For your information, Minnesota is alot larger than an hour drive from anywhere to the T.C.

Now you say its all the same?No, I said if on was to follow your misinformed logic, you would include all those areas for Minneapolis. Try to keep up -- if you keep having trouble I'll try to dumb it down even further.
Marcus Bryant used the same gimmick that day.So two Austin residents (who disagree on all sorts of other issues) share the same take and you, who have never even stepped foot in the area say it can't possibly be true.

Are you saying you know Austin better than us?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 12:52 PM
For your information, Minnesota is alot larger than an hour drive from anywhere to the T.C.

Now you say its all the same?BTW, are there other NBA franchises in Minnesota that I don't know about?

Dex
07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Seems like some of you guys got up on the wrong side of the bed.

The guy stated he thought it was a rumor in his very first post. Don't hate because he's posting what he heard through whatever grapevine he heard it through. That's why this forum exists: discussion.

sickdsm
07-23-2005, 08:18 PM
No, I said if on was to follow your misinformed logic, you would include all those areas for Minneapolis. Try to keep up -- if you keep having trouble I'll try to dumb it down even further.

.............BTW, are there other NBA franchises in Minnesota that I don't know about?

You dumb it down to keep up with me? Try to reverse that. My logic is that your trying to discredit that 6.5 million people. The problem is those millions of people are packed within an hour or two. Any idiot would understand that that following YOUR misinformed logic you would have to drive, according to mapquest, 650 miles and 10 and half hours to reach Williston ND, to encompass roughly those 6.5 million people i've talked about. What part of there are more people packed in around san antonio than small market cities like minnepolis don't you understand, its really not that hard. Yes the city of san antonio is bigger. The division of the two different cites, St. Paul and Minneapolis attribute to that. Yes, including the suburbs, the Mps area is bigger. Once you get outside that theres NOTHING in Mps. though. Your whining over whether a city three quarters of a milllion people within an hour has a large portion of Spur fans. I know a couple of different people that live well outside the metro area that have been known to take in a couple twins games a week, usually one. An hour drive to the light rail station and 45 minutes later you get dropped off at the door. Go ahead, tell me these people aren't in the twins area. The twins, mind you, are widely acknowledged to be one of the small market teams that were so unattractive to the league that they were trying to be contracted a few years ago.

"but, but, but, ChumpDumper says that because the Mps area is ranked 14th in the media market that there a hot ticket"

Funny, especially when according to ESPN's poll the most popular sport teams in the area were
Vikings
UM Gophors
Twins
Wild
PACKERs
Then wolves.

I may have one or two switched but i rememer the packers were more popular than the wolves were.

So you go ahead and try to reason that Austin doesn't count because thers two more less succesful and boring (rockets) teams hundreds of miles further away.

Yeah? I admit I don't really know of how many Spurs games get aired in Austin and that UT does dominate. But in terms of my travels to Austin the second most common merchandise I find available and being worn behind UT is the Spurs.

I think to a certain extent in terms of television viewership you need to combine Austin with San Antonio when it comes to the Spurs.

That guy certainly doesn't agree with you.

Apparntly neither do you.

I think not. Only a handful of games are actually shown up here -- quite a few Maverick games make it on FSW as well

So then you tried to say that more (quite a few) Mavs games are shown than Spurs (only a handful).

Which stance are you going with today?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 08:41 PM
So then you tried to say that more (quite a few) Mavs games are shown than Spurs (only a handful).Don't have the exact numbers. If you'd like to do a detailed study of the TV listings here, be my guest. On cable there are both Mavs and Spurs -- on local, non-national broadcast there are perhaps 12-16 games a year. BigDaddyD doesn't live here either.

Your stupidly simplistic argument is that every Austinite is a Spur fan and is compelled to follow the Spurs. I have given you several reasons why this is not true -- all you can say to that is your friend takes the train to see Twin games.
ChumpDumper says that because the Mps area is ranked 14th in the media market that there a hot ticketLink that quote right now or STFU. I can just as easily make lies about you. Link the very scientific ESPN/Zogby/Harris poll while you're at it.

And show the poll for Austin as well.

And buy me some tickets for the light rail line to San Antonio so i can see a game a week.
PACKERSAre you telling me fans in your area might like another pro team that's several hundred miles away?

In another state even?

Next time try not to help me win the argument.

Thanks anyway, I was doing fine on my own

Believe me, I used to be perplexed at the rather stark seperation between San Antonio and Austin. It's nice that you are so knowledgeable about the lifestyles and tendencies of the citizens of a city you have never even visted. You should write a guidebook.

sickdsm
07-24-2005, 11:40 AM
When did i ever say that all of austin were spurs fans? Wow, what an idiotic thing to try and put in my mouth. Lets go fact for fact so we can smack that dumbness out of your head.

1. San Antonio is larger than Minneapolis
2. San Antonio's metro area is smaller than Minneapolis's.
3. outside of the metro area, san antonio's vicintity has a much, much larger population
4. People ACTUALLY are sport fans and follow the teams EVEN if they live outside the metro area!
5. There is a city of 672K about an hour drive away.
6. Minneapolis and St. Paul COMBINED are only 662K. (all 2000 figures used here http://www.epodunk.com )
7. The 16th Largest city in the US, Austin, is a satellite city, basically an extended suburb, of the 8th largest in the US.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html

8. The next biggest city to Mps. and st. paul is Rochester, at 92K.
9. The nearest city to the TC that is at least the size of Austin is Chicago.

http://www.citypopulation.de/

Why do you insist that Austin and san antoion are separated so far? You can say what you want about the culture, values, recreation but the FACT remains that its an hour drive. Fans no matter where they live tend to follow the closest team or a player that grew up/went to school there, unless your Pooh i guess. Sure, there will be others, but the MAJORITY (meaning over a third in austin's case) will be local fans.

You didn't get that dig about the packers. I figured it go over your head. There are more Wisconsin football TRANSPLANTS (if the vikings were based on the east half there wouldn't be many packer fans) than there is NBA fans in the TC.

Why would you want me to find a link of something that i just said? Obviously i wasn't talking about something you said or i wouldn't have stated "but chumpdumper said....." Its sarcasm based on someone using your idiotic approach to this as a reference.

As for the poll, i heard it on the radio, i'll let you know if i find a link. But what part don't yo uget? Hockey, football and college athletics are more popular than the NBA here? That's not uncommon to think that. Its not like i said the WNBA team is more popular.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Why do you insist that Austin and san antoion are separated so far?Because Austin is a world unto itself.
You didn't get that dig about the packers. I figured it go over your head. There are more Wisconsin football TRANSPLANTS (if the vikings were based on the east half there wouldn't be many packer fans) than there is NBA fans in the TC.If NFL transplants exist, so can NBA transplants -- I can tell you missed that one.
As for the poll, i heard it on the radioSo second or third-hand information about a completely unscientific internet poll is your gospel?
But what part don't yo uget? Hockey, football and college athletics are more popular than the NBA here?Just as UT, and the two pro football franchises are more popular than the NBA here -- and the NBA loyalties are divided among three teams -- what part of THAT do you not get?

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 12:11 PM
When did i ever say that all of austin were spurs fans? Wow, what an idiotic thing to try and put in my mouth. Lets go fact for fact so we can smack that dumbness out of your head.

1. San Antonio is larger than Minneapolis

Thank you for playing. According to the US Census Bureau (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DTGeoSearchByListServlet?ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&_lang=en&_ts=140274368078), the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had a population of 2,968,806 in 2000.

The San Antonio MSA? 1,592,383.

Also, as someone who has actually lived in both San Antonio and Austin for extended periods of time, Austin certainly cannot be considered to be a part of the Spurs' fan base proper. UT athletics is the big thing in Austin. NBA loyalties are divided among the Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, other favorite teams of transplants, agnostism and weed.

So shut the fuck up already, Wolves fan.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 12:22 PM
In addition, the San Antonio MSA had an average per capita income of $18,518 in 2000.

The Minneapolis-St. Paul MSA? $26,219.

Hmmm...what's likely to be a more desirable media market? One with a much larger total population, an average per capita income that is about 50% higher and a significantly larger number of households with TVs or the other?

Stop wasting our time.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Also of interest is the fact that the US Census Bureau does not consider Austin and San Marcos to be a part of the San Antonio MSA.

But what does the US Census Bureau know about population and geography? We have sickdsm!

And Garnett has had a ton of talent to play with in Minnesota and he couldn't lead that team to anything. Duncan is obviously the superior player. Keep coming up with your lame excuses for overrated KG all you like.

sickdsm
07-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Once again, some idiot brings the metro part into this. Read again where i stated OUTSIDE the metro area, many, MANY times over. If your not going to follow the discussion completly MB, don't try to jump in. NEVER once did i say media market either. Never once in my statement did i also ever say that San Antonio MSA (not the same thing sherlock) is bigger than Mps. MSA.

Go back to school.

I heard about the poll on KFAN, Chad Hartman, the PbP guy for Wolves radio has a daily 2 and a half hour show there. Little bit different than hearing third hand.

Moreso, the transplants i am referring to come from a skip across the river. It would be absolutly idiotic of anyone to state that there are just as much if not more packer fans in Mps than viking fans which is similar to you are trying to do to Austin. If UT is more popular in Austin, thats fine. We're not comparing the spurs to a college team, were comparing to the mavs and rockets.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Once again, some idiot brings the metro part into this. Read again where i stated OUTSIDE the metro area, many, MANY times over. If your not going to follow the discussion completly MB, don't try to jump in. NEVER once did i say media market either. Never once in my statement did i also ever say that San Antonio MSA (not the same thing sherlock) is bigger than Mps. MSA.

Outside of the metro area doesn't mean a fucking thing. Don't you get it?

Go back to school.

What the fuck do you know about demography and media markets? Nothing, obviously.

I heard about the poll on KFAN, Chad Hartman, the PbP guy for Wolves radio has a daily 2 and a half hour show there. Little bit different than hearing third hand.

Moreso, the transplants i am referring to come from a skip across the river. It would be absolutly idiotic of anyone to state that there are just as much if not more packer fans in Mps than viking fans which is similar to you are trying to do to Austin. If UT is more popular in Austin, thats fine. We're not comparing the spurs to a college team, were comparing to the mavs and rockets.

Outside of the metro area doesn't matter, idiot. Get a fucking clue and actually get a degree that doesn't require $19.95 and a credit card number or whatever.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2005, 09:01 PM
It would be absolutly idiotic of anyone to state that there are just as much if not more packer fans in Mps than viking fans which is similar to you are trying to do to Austin.That would be relevant if the Spurs were indeed the Austin Spurs.

They aren't.

Nice try though.

It's more like saying there could be as many Packer fans in Eau Claire as there are Viking fans. Catch a clue.

sickdsm
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Nice attempt, too bad that your not considering the SIZE of Austin.

33 % of Austin is a helluva lot more impressive than Eau Claire. Not to mention its farther away.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow, ten miles....incredible.

I agree that 33% of /austin is more impressive, just as the percentages of Dallas and Houston fans and fans that don't follow the NBA at all here.

I'll ask once again.

Have you ever stepped foot in Austin in your entire life?

That's what we thought.

Sense
07-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Why are you guys arguiing about cities?

CubanMustGo
07-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Basically, it's a pissing contest to see which team can bitch, moan, and whine the most about being supported by the fewest people.