PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Daniels to the Wizards?

Kori Ellis
07-19-2005, 11:16 PM
They mentioned on ESPN that he was going to sign with the Wiz.

Interesting if true.

Solid D
07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Larry Hughes' slot. Makes sense.

SequSpur
07-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Great,

A solid NBA player goes somewhere else, while Pop is busy signing unknown foreigners...

Nice.

TheTruth
07-19-2005, 11:21 PM
hmmm. do the wiz move arenas over, or does AD come off the bench?

Kori Ellis
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
do the wiz move arenas over, or does AD come off the bench?

I assume they'll move Arenas over, and just start AD/Arenas/Caron/Jamison/Haywood(or whoever).

timvp
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Arenas never was a point guard. He is a bad passer and has no point guard skills.

I think this was a good move for the Wiz. Arenas will no longer be the main ballhandler and Daniels guard both backcourt positions.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Great,

A solid NBA player goes somewhere else, while Pop is busy signing unknown foreigners...

Nice.

A 5 year deal?

The Spurs aren't stupid enough to give the guy a contract that long.

You on the other hand, are.

tophy7
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Great,

Nice.

What major moves did the lakers do during their 3peat?
Pistons changed their team from 04 to 05 and they lost.

Sense
07-19-2005, 11:48 PM
What major moves did the lakers do during their 3peat?
Pistons changed their team from 04 to 05 and they lost.

Pistons didn't change a starter, and we did.

yavozerb
07-20-2005, 12:13 AM
5 yrs and 30 million, damn you can have antonio!!!!!!!!!!!He's good but not that good.

T Park
07-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Hes worth that money.

Congrats to Antonio, its awesome to see him get a big contract.

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 12:40 AM
I think he is worth the money. He is one of my top ten PG's. He can really ball
that is almost as stupid as your sig.

gospursgojas
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Im not calling any of you all stupid or anything just my opinion: way to much money

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
I think he is worth the money. He is one of my top ten PG's. He can really ball

Just because I feel the need to point out what an idiot you are...

Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich
Andre Miller
Brevin Knight
AI
Damon Jones
Jeff McInnis
Jason Williams
Jason Terry
Luke Ridnour

That's 15, all better than AD.

gospursgojas
07-20-2005, 01:14 AM

Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich
Andre Miller
Brevin Knight
AI
Damon Jones
Jeff McInnis
Jason Williams
Jason Terry
Luke Ridnour

That's 15, all better than AD.

You forgot Steve Francis, Baron Davis, hell I would even throw Sam Cassell in there, er, maybe not

mavsfan1000
07-20-2005, 01:18 AM
I would say he is anywhere from 15-20 as a point guard. Luke is better and he is on the same team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Damn, how could I forget Bdiddy? Crap, add him to the list.

I thought about Francis, but I've always thought of him as more of a SG, and also expect to see Jameer Nelson running point for Orlando next year with Stevie playing the 2guard.

Leetonidas
07-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Good for Antonio, and even better for Arenas.

Joesteds
07-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Jason Terry hasn't done shit in the L cause you haven't watched. He put up numbers in Atlanta, just no one saw it or cared cause the rest of the team was awful. He is good in Dallas, hell he was a hall of famer in the Houston series, but I would rather have Terry on my squad than AD. Go ahead and start adding Deron Williams and Chris Paul and maybe even Raymond Felton. I know they haven't played a game yet but at least the first two have better POINT GUARD skills than AD. AD will be solid in Washington but the last 2 years he is gonna be gettin old and not worth that contract.

nkdlunch
07-20-2005, 08:55 AM
It definitely won't hurt the Wizards. 5yr/30mil? not a huge contract, hopefully he'll be consistent. Daniels, Arenas, Jamison, Butler, Haywood. Not bad, if they click, maybe a better team than last years

ducks
07-20-2005, 09:26 AM
this is why ad was never going to be a spur

G-Nob
07-20-2005, 09:38 AM
I can't imagine Seattle being compliant as far as a sign and trade with us. But its interesting how with the re-signing of Ray Allen, the rest of that team is falling apart. Coach Mac, JJames, and now possibly AD are all gone. Makes you wonder if Rasho would start to look pretty good to them should they changed their minds about a sign and trade with the Spurs.

Mr. Body
07-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Sorry, I must have missed something; what do we want of Seattle's?

GoSpurs21
07-20-2005, 09:51 AM

Stephon Marbury
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich
Andre Miller
Brevin Knight
Damon Jones
Jeff McInnis
Jason Williams
Jason Terry
Luke Ridnour

all better than AD.none of these jackasses have done shit in the playoffs lately compared to what AD did last year. sorry none of these guys are better than AD. as for what these players you listed did in the regular season last year...who gives a SHIT about the regular season it doesnt mean jack

AD impressed me last playoffs. he has definitely turned into a great 6th man. if he can just get over his starter fears he is definitely better than all the players listed above. stepping up in the playoffs definitely shows who's better

G-Nob
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
possible sign and trade of rasho for AD

Joesteds
07-20-2005, 09:59 AM
none of these jackasses have done shit in the playoffs lately compared to what AD did last year. sorry none of these guys are better than AD. as for what these players you listed did in the regular season last year...who gives a SHIT about the regular season it doesnt mean jack

AD impressed me last playoffs. he has definitely turned into a great 6 man. if he can just get over his starter fears he is definitely better than all the players listed above. stepping up in the playoffs definitely shows who's better

You just refuted your argument. He is not a starter. He will be solid as hell for the Wizards but in no way can he fill the role of Hughes, and I am skeptical of Jamison being at the PF spot. I guess if they go with a four out offense then he will be fine. AD did not get Seattle to the playoffs. I would say that Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis had a little something to do with that and you put any of those PGs on the Sonics last year then they are better with almost all of them except maybe Brevin Knight. Your argument is weak.

GoSpurs21
07-20-2005, 10:03 AM
You just refuted your argument. He is not a starter. He will be solid as hell for the Wizards but in no way can he fill the role of Hughes, and I am skeptical of Jamison being at the PF spot. I guess if they go with a four out offense then he will be fine. AD did not get Seattle to the playoffs. I would say that Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis had a little something to do with that and you put any of those PGs on the Sonics last year then they are better with almost all of them except maybe Brevin Knight. Your argument is weak.it doesnt matter who starts, jackass its who finishes that matters and AD was a better finisher that all the others in that list

Lewis didnt do shit in the playoffs, what games were you watching...and I never said AD got them to the playoffs, but he was a big reason for getting them there and the success they had in the playoffs

Joesteds
07-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Wow better finisher than Marbury, Bibby, Hinrich, Terry? I totally agree he was very solid, but you aren't that great if you jitters about starting like you said. He is not top 10 in the league, and I would go out on a limb to say that he has been a bust because he was taken with the #4 pick in the draft, and I feel should produce a lot more than he has for being drafted that high. Now don't get your panties in a wad, I am not saying that he sucks or anything. He is a solid 6th Man that was surrounded by good shooters and good players this last year. To put him in the top 10 is crazy, and to say he is better than Bibby, Marbury, Terry, or even Hinrich is ludacris.

GoSpurs21
07-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Wow better finisher than Marbury, Bibby, Hinrich, Terry? I totally agree he was very solid, but you aren't that great if you jitters about starting like you said. He is not top 10 in the league, and I would go out on a limb to say that he has been a bust because he was taken with the #4 pick in the draft, and I feel should produce a lot more than he has for being drafted that high. Now don't get your panties in a wad, I am not saying that he sucks or anything. He is a solid 6th Man that was surrounded by good shooters and good players this last year. To put him in the top 10 is crazy, and to say he is better than Bibby, Marbury, Terry, or even Hinrich is ludacris.you have your opinion and that's fine. i just dont think the four PGs you listed did shit last year. and I rate players on last year, especially the playoffs. your opinion will not change mine, and I dont give a shit about changing yours...especially cause your a rockets fan

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM

If AD is a free agent, how could Seattle sign and trade him?

This is a "moo" point ( haha 1Parker1 ) since AD went to Washington. I'm just curious.

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 10:46 AM
This is a "moo" point ( haha 1Parker1 ) since AD went to Washington. I'm just curious.

:lol And I love Joey too......:)

"It's all a moo point....it's like a cow's opinion, it just doesn't matter....it's moo."

:lmao

DDS4
07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Seattle is getting dismantled little by little. Sad.

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Seattle is getting dismantled little by little. Sad.

They seriously are...and it's not like they are getting quality players back.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Seattle is on the edge of having to completely rebuild. They only have seven players under contract: Allen, Lewis, Petro, Swift, Fortson, Collison, Ridnour. There's rumors out of Seattle that Radmanovic is asking for a trade unless he gets $9M/year and the starting job. (Supposedly the Sonics offered him 6years/$39M) And they are also having trouble re-signing Reggie Evans.

Joesteds
07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
you have your opinion and that's fine. i just dont think the four PGs you listed did shit last year. and I rate players on last year, especially the playoffs. your opinion will not change mine, and I dont give a shit about changing yours...especially cause your a rockets fan

If its just opinions, then why the anger in your statements. Take a breath. I just want to know what being a Rockets fan has to do with my opinion on the NBA. I didn't know that certain teams had more intelligent fans. I have grown up around Bball and continue to play it in college, and feel that I am pretty knowledgeable on the game. Don't try to call me out just cause I'm a Rockets fan and you are still on ADs nuts cause he used to be a Spur.

SenorSpur
07-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Bad move. As a rule of thumb - uou never trade big for small

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Good. I'm glad I won't have to see AD light up the Spurs' D in the postseason anytime soon.

AD was Seattle's 2nd best player in that series against the Spurs. People seem to forget how close that series was to going 7 games.

AD has turned himself into a very nice player in the league. Props.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Seattle is on the edge of having to completely rebuild. They only have seven players under contract: Allen, Lewis, Petro, Swift, Fortson, Collison, Ridnour. There's rumors out of Seattle that Radmanovic is asking for a trade unless he gets $9M/year and the starting job. (Supposedly the Sonics offered him 6years/$39M) And they are also having trouble re-signing Reggie Evans.

Seattle has lost 2 of their 3 most important free agents this summer: McMillian and AD. Now they'll likely overpay some of their remaining ones. WTF are they doing? Ray Ray is good but Nate and AD had a lot to do with their success last season.

ducks
07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
ray allen may be on the block soon

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Off with his head! = )

SWC Bonfire
07-20-2005, 11:38 AM
ray allen may be on the block soon

I though ray allen was resigning with the sonics?

ducks
07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
just verbal agreement

picnroll
07-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Seattle is going to need bigs badly. Petro and Swift look like long term projects at best. James is gone and maybe Evans. That leaves Fortson and Collison as their only post players of any note. Maybe a home for Rasho in exchange for Radmanovic though I'm not a big Rad fan, he's a long SF but not the defensive SF the Spurs would do better with. Maybe a kind of long term replacement for some of Horry's skills though. Would the Sonics do it?

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Rasho to the Sonics?!?!?!??!! Hell no!

nkdlunch
07-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Seattle is going to need bigs badly. Petro and Swift look like long term projects at best. James is gone and maybe Evans. That leaves Fortson and Collison as their only post players of any note. Maybe a home for Rasho in exchange for Radmanovic though I'm not a big Rad fan, he's a long SF but not the defensive SF the Spurs would do better with. Maybe a kind of long term replacement for some of Horry's skills though. Would the Sonics do it?

Radmanovic wants a LOT of money and starting job. Not for the Spurs.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Radman would be a nice player but not at his price.

clubalien
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
this is why ad was never going to be a spur
you do know that AD was ALREADY a spur
so the statment he never was going to be is stupid ofcourse you meant that during this FA period he wouldn't sign with us, but the dude did play for spurs

Extra Stout
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Seattle has lost 2 of their 3 most important free agents this summer: McMillian and AD. Now they'll likely overpay some of their remaining ones. WTF are they doing? Ray Ray is good but Nate and AD had a lot to do with their success last season.Though they had a flukish good season last year, Seattle is a poorly-run organization. Their owner overpaid for the franchise and is trying to recoup his losses.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 12:26 PM
If they could get Rad to agree to a smaller deal, Rasho for Radmanovic would be a great trade.

picnroll
07-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Rad won't get "his" price from anybody.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Watch Seattle up the ante. They can only afford to lose so many bodies.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 01:15 PM

He says if he doesn't get it, he'd rather just sign a one year deal.

Dex
07-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Ain't ain't a word cause it ain't in the dictionary.

At least, it wasn't. Websters had to go and get all modern by putting slang in the dictionary.

But I stand by my statement nonetheless. :lol

T Park
07-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Man you are kidding right??

You are King of the Dorks.

Dex
07-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Damn straight. :king

P.S. Yes, I'm kidding. I know ain't is a word, even if it isn't proper English. I just hadn't used that expression in a while.

DON VITO
07-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Jason Terry hasn't done shit in the L cause you haven't watched. He put up numbers in Atlanta, just no one saw it or cared cause the rest of the team was awful. He is good in Dallas, hell he was a hall of famer in the Houston series, but I would rather have Terry on my squad than AD. Go ahead and start adding Deron Williams and Chris Paul and maybe even Raymond Felton. I know they haven't played a game yet but at least the first two have better POINT GUARD skills than AD. AD will be solid in Washington but the last 2 years he is gonna be gettin old and not worth that contract.

Dude I have watched Terry play his whole career.

TheAdmiral#50
07-20-2005, 08:15 PM
That's a pretty good signing by the Wizards.Losing Hughes forces them to move Arenas,I guess.

I Would have loved him to join the Spurs again, but good for him.