PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers won't throw in the towel next season

ElNono
07-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Let me throw in some actual basketball discussion here for a change...

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers won't throw in the towel next season

'We always try to win,' the Lakers' general manager says, and that won't change even with Dwight Howard gone and Kobe Bryant's return date from injury unknown.

How disappointed was he to lose Howard in free agency to the "little town" of Houston, as Shaquille O'Neal derisively called it?

"It wasn't a surprise. I had a feeling that Houston was a frontrunner, and whenever a player is an unrestricted free agent, anything can happen," Kupchak said. "Clearly, we wanted to keep him here in Los Angeles, and I felt we did everything we could do within reason to show we did want to keep him here.

"Until the end, I kept up hope. I think we were as persistent as we could be within reason. I wasn't shocked but I was disappointed."

With Kobe Bryant coming back at an unknown date from a torn Achilles' tendon, is it time to punt away next season and play for a high draft pick in 2014?

"You know that's not our plan. Our plan was to bring back Dwight Howard and that would have sky-rocketed our payroll," Kupchak said. "That's never a plan here with our fan base, to throw in the towel before the season begins. We always try to win, and that's what we're going to do this year.

"We have challenges. There's no doubt. We don't know when Kobe's coming back, and we don't know what level he's going to come back at, although we're optimistic. Everything's good with Steve [Nash]. Pau [Gasol] should be fine. We've added some athleticism. We're hopefully putting ourselves in position where we can compete in every game."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-mitch-kupchak-20130730,0,7009896,full.story

irishock
07-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Really can't see the Lakers finishing below 10th or above 8th

Thread
07-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Only pussies & assholes throw in the towel.

- "You don't stop this fight. No matter what. No...matter...what."

- "Apollo Creed" - in the turnbuckle awaiting his final round - "Rocky IV"

Venti Quattro
07-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Expected from a team that has Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol on it. They'll make the playoffs. I just don't know where they'll land.

Mori Chu
07-30-2013, 01:33 AM
They don't have to throw in the towel to be bad. They won't make the playoffs even if they do try their darnedest.

LarryDavid
07-30-2013, 01:35 AM
You expect him to admit otherwise?

Leon Black
07-30-2013, 01:35 AM
:lol Faggot spur fan looking up Laker articles on LA Times website
:lol butthurt faggots
:lol 28 seconds
:lol Game 6

Leon Black
07-30-2013, 01:36 AM
You expect him to admit otherwise?

Shut up bitch

callo1
07-30-2013, 01:59 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/juws1z.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/6504cl.jpg

Banzai
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
thanks laker reporter

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Only pussies & assholes throw in the towel.

- "You don't stop this fight. No matter what. No...matter...what."

- "Apollo Creed" - in the turnbuckle awaiting his final round - "Rocky IV"
Creed got himself killed. If the lakers don't throw in the towel Kobe will tear another achilles

Thread
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Creed got himself killed. If the lakers don't throw in the towel Kobe will tear another achilles

- "Hey, Ray, I'm still standing. You didn't knock me down, Ray. You never knocked me down."

- Robert DeNiro - "Raging Bull"

Fenix
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
has there any been a team that came out and said they will tank

DPG21920
07-30-2013, 01:38 PM
It's hilarious how Mitch and Co are trying to act like they didn't cry and plead and beg and humiliate themselves to keep Dwight. He keeps saying "we did everything we could within reason" over and over like he was trying to convince himself he didn't sell LA's soul to miss out on Dwight.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Not only will they throw in the towel, they'll probably tear a rotator cuff doing it.

Thread
07-30-2013, 01:52 PM
It's hilarious how Mitch and Co are trying to act like they didn't cry and plead and beg and humiliate themselves to keep Dwight. He keeps saying "we did everything we could within reason" over and over like he was trying to convince himself he didn't sell LA's soul to miss out on Dwight.

We misstep. Vulgarly & grossly so. Frankly, we've been deep in the caca since we became infatuated with Howard & CPO, debased Odom and ordered him off the property. It's unfathomable, but, a disturbing reality. I just pray we've been in direct contact with bottom and it will get better now. Honestly? Most likely will get worse.

Clipper Nation
07-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Honestly? Most likely will get worse.
Doesn't get much worse than crawling away post-Skunking and only showing your face again when 6 could safely be lodged... :downspin:

Grit and Grind
07-30-2013, 01:59 PM
This CAC needs to shutup he knows this Laker team is as

Thread
07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Doesn't get much worse than crawling away post-Skunking and only showing your face again when 6 could safely be lodged... :downspin:

You asked me. Begged me and threatened me. Then you found yourself turvy, and me topsy.

Your regrets are your own. I've no sympathy for you.

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
You asked me. Begged me and threatened me. Then you found yourself turvy, and me topsy.

Your regrets are your own. I've no sympathy for you.
People were asking for you since the day you left. You still chose until after 7 to return, so your point is moot. Don't hide from your cowardly decisions

hater
07-30-2013, 04:12 PM
don't you have to be in the ring to be able to throw in the towel??

Thread
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
People were asking for you since the day you left. You still chose until after 7 to return, so your point is moot. Don't hide from your cowardly decisions

You thought it was all over. "Let's go get Cubby, drag his moldy ass out and hang him from the Tree of Woe, and toss a goose at Girl." Then Duncan choked and my moldy ass got up offin' the Lazy Boy and came a runnin'. Next time? Make GD sure it's over. Now,

Let us proceed...

RsxPiimp
07-30-2013, 05:13 PM
its funny how you guys discount the lakers :lol while its obvious they won't win any title next year, as a # 6 seed, they will go further in the playoffs next year than either the spurs or clippers :lol

elmanutres
07-31-2013, 01:16 AM
:lol Faggot spur fan looking up Laker articles on LA Times website
:lol butthurt faggots
:lol 28 seconds
:lol Game 6
laker fan has yet to eat the shit sandwitch that is the sweep.

We are still waiting.

lefty
07-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Not only will they throw in the towel, they'll probably tear a rotator cuff doing it.
:lmao

Chris
07-31-2013, 01:48 AM
We all know Nash is gonna throw in the towel and be in and out with TOSB injuries all season. He threw in the towel raising his children, so basketball has become his escape from reality.

whitemamba
07-31-2013, 03:32 AM
fuck does it matter, we know there not winning shit tbh..Spur fan eating this shit up.

Raven
07-31-2013, 03:53 AM
has there any been a team that came out and said they will tank

philly?

lefty
07-31-2013, 03:58 AM
They shouldnt throw them yet imo

There is still some Spurs jizz left on Staples parquet floor

Arnold Toht
07-31-2013, 04:08 AM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ray-allen-game-6-three.jpg?w=600&h=400

Which jizzstain remains stronger, this one in Miami or the one you mentioned above?