PDA

View Full Version : congratsto your team spurfan..

rogues
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
on being part of one of if not the greatest finals game, tbh..
2bH7znBKlC0

Budkin
07-29-2013, 10:31 PM
:sleep

rogues
07-29-2013, 10:37 PM
:sleep

it stings, i know..

Budkin
07-29-2013, 10:46 PM
You're a bit late with this tbh.

rogues
07-29-2013, 10:50 PM
You're a bit late with this tbh.
glory lasts forever..

RD2191
07-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Duncan 4 Lebron 2.

Juggity
07-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Lebron is a great player. Would love to see how he would have fared against the '03 or '05 Spurs. Not as well, probably, but he's still a great player.

RD2191
07-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Lebron is a great player. Would love to see how he would have fared against the '03 or '05 Spurs. Not as well, probably, but he's still a great player.

Lol, imagine a prime Timmy against the Heats piece of shit front court.

FireMicoHalili
07-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Wow this is intense dbaggery

galvanizedspur9
07-30-2013, 12:50 AM
fuck the heat

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 01:07 AM

03 and 05 Spurs beat the shit outta this Heat team, in their prime? FORGET IT!!!!!!! No comp.

Arcadian
07-30-2013, 01:13 AM
In 99% of parallel universes, the Spurs won this game. Our universe is full of fluky bullshit.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 01:22 AM
In 99% of parallel universes, the Spurs won this game. Our universe is full of fluky bullshit.

Yeah it is, unfortunately. We have had it go our way before, but then again this time it bit us in the ass.......

spurs10
07-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Attn: OP-Please take an icepick and place the base of it against a wall with the sharp end pointed outward at your mouth level. Next you will need to imagine the icepick is Lebron's dick.......now just do what you were born to do.

DJR210
07-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Duncan 4 Lebron 2.

:lol The comeback that always wins.

RD2191
07-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Its the gift that keeps on giving. :lol

six fo
07-30-2013, 07:21 AM

Ice009
07-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Lol, imagine a prime Timmy against the Heats piece of shit front court.

I was thinking this after the series. If the Spurs had a 28 year old Duncan (with this same team) going against a 28 year old Lebron, we may have annihilated them. With a 37 year old TD, we still should have won it. The Spurs played very well and let the Heat off the hook. Really fucked this one up.

Yeah it is, unfortunately. We have had it go our way before, but then again this time it bit us in the ass.......

We've had some unbelievable losses in the playoffs. I still think the Spurs should have had at least 6 rings.

What a dirty, dirty way to lose the Championship. I didn't even celebrate for a second, glad I didn't, learned my lesson in 2004 to not celebrate too early. Still, Spurs should have won game 6. Total fuck up. Has any team ever lost a Championship like this in the NBA?

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
I was thinking this after the series. If the Spurs had a 28 year old Duncan (with this same team) going against a 28 year old Lebron, we may have annihilated them. With a 37 year old TD, we still should have won it. The Spurs played very well and let the Heat off the hook. Really fucked this one up.

We've had some unbelievable losses in the playoffs. I still think the Spurs should have had at least 6 rings.

What a dirty, dirty way to lose the Championship. I didn't even celebrate for a second, glad I didn't, learned my lesson in 2004 to not celebrate too early. Still, Spurs should have won game 6. Total fuck up. Has any team ever lost a Championship like this in the NBA?

Actually, the Spurs have done much worse before, the Gervin days with series against the Washington Bullets comes immediately to mind, that was truly heartbreaking in the worse sense of the word!
But life goes on, and eventually the Spurs won 4 championships with chances at more.
I have no doubts that eventually they will win another one. When? Who knows?

Ice009
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Actually, the Spurs have done much worse before, the Gervin days with series against the Washington Bullets comes immediately to mind, that was truly heartbreaking in the worse sense of the word!
But life goes on, and eventually the Spurs won 4 championships with chances at more.
I have no doubts that eventually they will win another one. When? Who knows?

Yeah, that sounds like a tough loss from what I've read. I started watching in '93, so I missed out on those years. '95 was a really tough one at the time when I first became a fan of the team.

I won't change my mind on us having at least 6 rings in this TD era, though. I really thought (still do) that the Spurs were good enough to win that many.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a tough loss from what I've read. I started watching in '93, so I missed out on those years. '95 was a really tough one at the time when I first became a fan of the team.

I won't change my mind on us having at least 6 rings in this TD era, though. I really thought (still do) that the Spurs were good enough to win that many.

'95 was tough, the hopes of the DRob era!
IMHO they had much better chances to win another one or two between '99 & '08 than they did now, they should have repeated at least once, but didn't. This one was completely unexpected by most of us. Glad it happened. Gave me a lot of new hope for the near future, rather than sadness for the loss.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 02:14 PM

I did not celebrate either man, I was still on the edge of my seat as usual and thought we are up 5 but they will hit a three, watch. Then they go hit a three. I am glad I was still in my seat there and just watching not celebrating or getting too high or too low. This one sucks and it will suck for a while IMO, blew it.

Has any other team lost like it? Maybe Detroit in 87 in game 6 against LA, Phantom Foul if you want to read about it, went 7 but they lost in 7. Still doubt they were up 5 with 28 left. I also know the Knicks lost games 6 and 7 at home in 94 to Houston, went to NY up 3-2 and failed to close it out, thing is they never won a title after that so it had to hurt more. I also heard of Magics nightmare finals, missed two FT's late in one game and failed to get a shot off with time running out in one as well, heard from LA fans that was horrible against their Rival Boston. I will have to further research, but those off the top of my head.

I still can't believe some .4 crap and this go against us, how do you get that lucky? Spurs have had some of the worst losses I have seen in the playoffs, some unthinkable crap and boom it happens against them. I am glad they have 4 titles, but like you said it should atleast be 5, call me greedy but I feel honore to be a fan but a little cheated in a way seeing the success this team has and think they could have atleast one more but probably two (06 was their shot to threepeat IMO, they would have if they passed Dallas).
'95 was tough, the hopes of the DRob era!
IMHO they had much better chances to win another one or two between '99 & '08 than they did now, they should have repeated at least once, but didn't. This one was completely unexpected by most of us. Glad it happened. Gave me a lot of new hope for the near future, rather than sadness for the loss.
06 was their shot to threepeat, thats still the worst loss IMO because if we pass Dallas we get a depleted Suns team who we always beat up on and then get the Heat, we would have taken out that Heat team IMO (Dallas choked). That was our threepeat there, that game 7 still gets to me at times.

TheRemix
07-30-2013, 02:39 PM
:lol what an ass

Fuzzy Dunlop
07-30-2013, 03:36 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol Spurs
:lol Spurs fans
:lol 28 seconds
:lol the Heat adding to the Spurs' choking legacy since 2007

tmtcsc
07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
I re-watched the ending of game 6 for the first time last night. Yeah, we fucked that up pretty good. That game was ours and there was nothing left but to go through the typical motions to close it out and go 5-0 in Championship series. What a shame.

K-Leonard's missed free throw was huge but he gets a pass from me. The same way I USED to give Manu a pass. Play balls out with maximum effort and I can forgive a missed free throw. Turn the ball over in crunch time and compound the problem by fouling the opponent on a break-away or And-1 situation? Forget it.

On the other hand, years of watching the Spurs shit the bed in the final moments of games allowed me to resist any celebration whatsoever. My friend was texting me stuff like "It's ours bro!" and "#5!". That dude's still hurting. I'm over it because I've seen the Spurs lose the .4 game, the Tracy McGrady 13 pts in whatever seconds game, the Dwight Howard alley oop finish game against Orlando...I can go on and on. It's not over until the triple zeros are on the clock and the Spurs are ahead.

If we stay healthy, the Spurs will win it all. I hope they get the Heat again. Unfinished business.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 03:49 PM
I re-watched the ending of game 6 for the first time last night. Yeah, we fucked that up pretty good. That game was ours and there was nothing left but to go through the typical motions to close it out and go 5-0 in Championship series. What a shame.

K-Leonard's missed free throw was huge but he gets a pass from me. The same way I USED to give Manu a pass. Play balls out with maximum effort and I can forgive a missed free throw. Turn the ball over in crunch time and compound the problem by fouling the opponent on a break-away or And-1 situation? Forget it.

On the other hand, years of watching the Spurs shit the bed in the final moments of games allowed me to resist any celebration whatsoever. My friend was texting me stuff like "It's ours bro!" and "#5!". That dude's still hurting. I'm over it because I've seen the Spurs lose the .4 game, the Tracy McGrady 13 pts in whatever seconds game, the Dwight Howard alley oop finish game against Orlando...I can go on and on. It's not over until the triple zeros are on the clock and the Spurs are ahead.

If we stay healthy, the Spurs will win it all. I hope they get the Heat again. Unfinished business.

I'm right there with you! And "been there, done that" with the Spurs before. It should have been iced in game 6, but the Spurs pissed it away. But as you already know we've been through all of this in countless threads already.

Knoxxx
07-30-2013, 07:16 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol Spurs
:lol Spurs fans
:lol 28 seconds
:lol the Heat adding to the Spurs' choking legacy since 2007

It could be much worse we could be Bucks fans!

RD2191
07-30-2013, 09:07 PM
It could be much worse we could be Bucks fans!

Budkin
07-31-2013, 12:11 AM

tmtcsc with a take as beautiful as his avatar! :toast

therealtruth
07-31-2013, 05:29 PM