PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Can Acne Boy be an Alpha tbh?

Calispursfan11
07-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Real basketball talk here. KD seems to be a forgotten man ever since his team suffered the thumping from team teddy gram. He was considered 2nd best to Lebron in many circles prior to this but has taken some hard knocks as being soft and deferential as compared to his monkeyballing partner Alpha Frog. Given these circumstances, do you think KD's still in the discussion for top 2 players and tbh can he ever surpass Lebron given his lack of agression and physical limitations tbh?

Personally, I think Durant has the tools to be the best after Lebron goes TOSB status in about 3 years, but I don't know if he has the mental fortitude or alpha nature to seize this opportunity. Thoughts?

Thread
07-29-2013, 11:43 PM
He should give way to Westbrook. Westbrook is lethal.

But, even if Durant wanted to NYC & Media would never permit it. Hell, Media is always this||close to high tech lynching Westbrook. They'd never stand by and let him coup de tat Durant.

Calispursfan11
07-29-2013, 11:46 PM
He should give way to Westbrook. Westbrook is lethal.

But, even if Durant wanted to NYC & Media would never permit it. Hell, Media is always this||close to high tech lynching Westbrook. They'd never stand by and let him coup de tat Durant.

Ok, I pretty much agree but at what point does media give way to winning? If it must be Westbrook, then let it be Westbrook, no?

Venti Quattro
07-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Short answer: No

Long answer: :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao Hell fucking no

Thread
07-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Ok, I pretty much agree but at what point does media give way to winning? If it must be Westbrook, then let it be Westbrook, no?

Media isn't interested in winning. They're interested in controlling the story. There is no $, no % in letting Westbrook have the con. Media wants Durant there, he's the story whether he wins or loses. Even when he loses he wins because Media won't sell him out. They'll sell Westbrook out at loss, and covet Durant at victory.

Katherine Robinson
07-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Kevin Durant has lived his life being a #2, he will continue to follow suit.

Venti Quattro
07-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Kevin Durant has lived his life being a #2, he will continue to follow suit.

http://sigroup.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/18covv12_nat_promo.jpg

StrengthAndHonor
07-30-2013, 12:19 AM
He's Westbrook's Pau.

Rogue
07-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Dude has all the talents and abilities to become a real alpha but he has the mindset of a beta's which will always barricade his way to further success. Durant can be a perfect Scottie-Pippen type of guy but no way is Westchuck the Jordan for him imho.

irishock
07-30-2013, 06:01 AM
When Westbrook went down I thought KD was finally free to do whatever he wanted on offense, and then we'd see what he's really made of.

He deferred to Kevin Martin, Spearchucker and Reggie Jackson :lol

Calispursfan11
07-30-2013, 06:09 AM
When Westbrook went down I thought KD was finally free to do whatever he wanted on offense, and then we'd see what he's really made of.

Ah yes. He who chucketh the spear.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/27/2762/A7CTD00Z/posters/fritz-goro-australian-aborigines-readying-stone-pointed-spear-with-spear-thrower-used-to-throw-spear.jpg

Thread
07-30-2013, 06:22 AM

& "we'd" seen what he was really made of.

Bill_Brasky
07-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Not until he gets on dat HGH