PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi 3rd most valued SF in NBA

Wildcat67
07-30-2013, 12:29 AM
In NBA 2k13 MyTeam mode where you can buy and sell players to play for you in a real market. It goes Kevin Durant, Lebron James, and then Kawhi Leonard as the most expensive to buy SFs. Thought that was cool cause that means that among players of this game he is considered the 3rd most desireable player at the positions.

Pretty cool, except for the fact that I would have to sell Lebron to get him on my team.

Rito3d30
07-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Will his knee problem solved for getting enough rest during off season?

RD2191
07-30-2013, 12:35 AM
What I love about Kawhi is that he is a beast in pretty much all aspects of the game. He can block shots, get you a steal, cause a turnover, dunk, shoot the 3, and just about anything you ask of him. Players like Paul George and KD are great on offense but garbage on defense.

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Future of the franchise. Can't wait to see how much he improves this season.

hooperflash
07-30-2013, 12:47 AM
2K doesn't do well on SpursTalk I've learned over the years..

Rogue
07-30-2013, 01:28 AM
2k games are biased as hell imho. YPOS Yao was still having an 75+ overall rating during 09-11 when he didn't even play a single game. Can't expect all games to be so professional as football manager tbh

LarryDavid
07-30-2013, 01:48 AM
In NBA 2k13 MyTeam mode where you can buy and sell players to play for you in a real market. It goes Kevin Durant, Lebron James, and then Kawhi Leonard as the most expensive to buy SFs. Thought that was cool cause that means that among players of this game he is considered the 3rd most desireable player at the positions.

Pretty cool, except for the fact that it's a video game

FIFY

007nites
07-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Kawhi is a beast at getting offensive rebounds on 2K. As he should be. He can do everything except shoot mid-range jumpers.

jestersmash
07-30-2013, 02:49 AM
What I love about Kawhi is that he is a beast in pretty much all aspects of the game. He can block shots, get you a steal, cause a turnover, dunk, shoot the 3, and just about anything you ask of him. Players like Paul George and KD are great on offense but garbage on defense.

I wouldn't call him a "beast" at all aspects of the game, but he does several things that contribute to winning basketball very very well.

jesterbobman
07-30-2013, 06:40 AM

Yes Kawhi is good. Don't get the need to say Paul George is bad at D.

Seventyniner
07-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Given that Kawhi is still on his rookie contract, I understand this. It's worth paying megabucks for LeBron or Durant, but not necessarily for Carmelo.

barakz21
07-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Yeah, 2k games aren't really THAT realistic. I remember 3 years ago, and RJ was awesome shooting 3s, while Manu sucked.

Vash StampedE
07-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Excited to play 2k14!!! I wonder what Kawhi's ratings will be.

skut_farkus
07-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Can he dribble, create his own shot or set up his teameates in 2k13? Cause he sure as shit cant in real life

boutons_deux
07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I love his absence of "personality": no look-at-me theatrics, no whining, just stone faced, unemotional hustler, Playing The Right Way. And of course HUGE BALLS that didn't shrivel in the Finals against LBJ.

MR-Clutch
07-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes Kawhi is good. Don't get the need to say Paul George is bad at D.

racm
07-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Showing up in the Finals, one missed FT aside, upped his stock.

cjw
07-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Only in 2K can DJ Augustin, the guy who single-handedly cost the Pacers a chance in the Heat series because he was so atrocious, have a better rating than Danny Green. Not that Green doesn't have his faults... seems though that they significantly overrate PGs in that game.

Also not to put more fuel on the fire, but somehow Blair out-rates Splitter.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 02:29 AM
kawhi has come a LONG way :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGJW9w6_A_I

TimmehC
07-31-2013, 10:54 AM
If it ranks Durant above Lebron, it's an idiotic ranking system.

RD2191
07-31-2013, 11:48 AM
If it ranks Durant above Lebron, it's an idiotic ranking system.
I actually think Durant is a much better shooter than Lebron. Lebron gets a buttload of points my charging his way to a layup.

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Future of the franchise. Can't wait to see how much he improves this season.

What a load of horse shit. If he works extremely hard his ceiling will be that of Ariza. I'm never wrong on these things.

RD2191
07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
What a load of horse shit. If he works extremely hard his ceiling will be that of Ariza. I'm never wrong on these things.
:lmao

RD2191
07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Please kids, stay away from crack.

Kingsly Alexander
07-31-2013, 12:52 PM
2k games are biased as hell imho. YPOS Yao was still having an 75+ overall rating during 09-11 when he didn't even play a single game. Can't expect all games to be so professional as football manager tbh

Hey, you play football manager? Nice . Can't wait for '14

No I get what your saying concerning the rating system for players in FM vs those in console games. It's unparalleled. So much research! advanced stats, league competition levels ect.

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Lebron
Gay
Melo
Granger
George
Pierce
Deng
Durant
Barnes
and many many many other small forwards are more valuable than this clutch time free throw missing scrub.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-31-2013, 01:09 PM

He's already better than Ariza. Better defender, better scorer, shoots a higher percentage from the floor, from 3, from the line. Leonard's the better rebounder, gets more steals, has better playoff numbers across the board. If Leonard can improve offensively he is going to be very, very good. Maybe not a franchise player, but certainly a #2 or #3 option on a championship caliber team. The Ariza comparison isn't even valid at this point. Leonard left Ariza in the dust somewhere in the playoffs this year.

Spursfanfromafar
07-31-2013, 01:11 PM
He's already better than Ariza. Better defender, better scorer, shoots a higher percentage from the floor, from 3, from the line. Leonard's the better rebounder, gets more steals, has better playoff numbers across the board. If Leonard can improve offensively he is going to be very, very good. Maybe not a franchise player, but certainly a #2 or #3 option on a championship caliber team. The Ariza comparison isn't even valid at this point. Leonard left Ariza in the dust somewhere in the playoffs this year.

Fully agree. Actually, I think Kawhi Leonard was better than Trevor Ariza the moment he hit the NBA floor.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Leonard's ceiling is a lot higher than Ariza's.

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 01:21 PM

Leonard is a choking scrub. Ariza is a clutch champion. Keep your stats... I have video to prove my point.

TrainOfThought5
07-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Wat tf is football manager

therealtruth
07-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Ariza was pretty good under PJ. He hit something like 50% from 3 in the playoffs.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Showing up in the Finals, one missed FT aside, upped his stock.:hang

Rogue
07-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey, you play football manager? Nice . Can't wait for '14

No I get what your saying concerning the rating system for players in FM vs those in console games. It's unparalleled. So much research! advanced stats, league competition levels ect.
tbh FM is becoming more and more like a professional tool for those soccer coaches and scouts imho (Redknapp uses FM as his primary scouting system, for example). FM's accessment of players' ability is deep and unbiased, and its data base is so huge that it includes almost every registered soccer play in the world, maybe except Japan because FM doesn't have the copyright to the J-league.

But it's no longer any fun to play that game when you sit at the computer for the whole day only to run half a season, shit's too slow to be entertaining imho. Therefore I'd rather play CM 01/02 with up-to-date database more often than not. only play FM when a blockbuster trade takes place (like Neymar to Barcelona) so I can test the new squad on FM, as CM doesn't update its database on almost a daily basis like FM. CM only releases a new database when the transfer window is closed so it's like only 2 updates each year.

Agloco
08-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Lakaluva with the bads. Per par.

Kingsly Alexander
08-02-2013, 09:45 AM
tbh FM is becoming more and more like a professional tool for those soccer coaches and scouts imho (Redknapp uses FM as his primary scouting system, for example). FM's accessment of players' ability is deep and unbiased, and its data base is so huge that it includes almost every registered soccer play in the world, maybe except Japan because FM doesn't have the copyright to the J-league.

But it's no longer any fun to play that game when you sit at the computer for the whole day only to run half a season, shit's too slow to be entertaining imho. Therefore I'd rather play CM 01/02 with up-to-date database more often than not. only play FM when a blockbuster trade takes place (like Neymar to Barcelona) so I can test the new squad on FM, as CM doesn't update its database on almost a daily basis like FM. CM only releases a new database when the transfer window is closed so it's like only 2 updates each year.

Which is stupid because its through SEGA. I think PSE has a long term lockdown on anything Japanese football associated. But u can get around it if you download mods.

I get ur point sorta concerning CM, but, FM just seems to get better in game play every year and the fact that their scouting system is so deep is part of the allure to me. U can always customize the database to as small a size u want if it's lowing ur comp down.

Lol at the image of rednapp playing FM. its a great casual way to for clubs to scout players, no doubt I'm sure