PDA

View Full Version : Were the 8/16 bits games more entertaining?

lefty
07-30-2013, 03:28 AM
It's up for debate

One thing that is certain : there was no need to remember all the PS/XBOXesque button combinations on those old controlers :lol

A : shoot
B: jump
:lol

Wild Cobra
07-30-2013, 04:09 AM
What gets me is the time they like to animate. I'm an impatient person, and I hate it when games go into movie like clips.

DJR210
07-30-2013, 08:56 PM
If Xbox controller schemes are daunting, Arma III would probably make your head explode.

The only option to play that game is with a keyboard.

Chris
08-04-2013, 02:03 PM
They were definitely harder. Today's games are ez-pz

Captivus
08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Those games were more straightforward, that’s for sure.
Today games are more complicated, deep.
More entertaining? I would say no.
Most of those games were focused on players ability, jumping, shooting, moving, accelerating, etc.; current games give you choices you make with your head.
I like both type of games.

velik_m
08-05-2013, 12:10 AM
No they weren't.

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2013, 12:54 AM
lol consoles where you cant save games, so you must either finish the game leave for another night all nighter...

fkn remember playing shinobi on the sega system...fkn pissing me off going the distance only to be time to go home from afterschool care programs

leemajors
08-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Those games were more straightforward, that’s for sure.
Today games are more complicated, deep.
More entertaining? I would say no.
Most of those games were focused on players ability, jumping, shooting, moving, accelerating, etc.; current games give you choices you make with your head.
I like both type of games.

if velik was saying you're way off, I'm with him. gameplay and puzzles are way more important if you don't have graphical bells and whistles to cover for your rushed game.

Phillip
08-05-2013, 01:37 PM
NES/SNES >>> any console since

Captivus
08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
if velik was saying you're way off, I'm with him. gameplay and puzzles are way more important if you don't have graphical bells and whistles to cover for your rushed game.

What? Rushed game? What are you talking about?
Believe, there are more rushed old games than new ones.
Im talking about good games, the old versus the news.
Like I said, I like both, but the concept is different.

DJR210
08-07-2013, 09:50 PM
lol consoles where you cant save games

passwords homie

The Reckoning
08-07-2013, 11:41 PM
today's games are much more difficult and entertaining simply because of online play

lefty
08-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Not even 8 bits :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUppYmq-FQ#at=434

The Reckoning
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM
today's games are much more difficult and entertaining simply because of online play

good point The Reckoning, but old games were best for personal records because "conquering" the game in a certain time frame to top a personal best was more satisfying than beating some chinese girl playing in the back of some china town restaurant tbh