PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tony Parker getting a pass?

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 04:15 AM
This fucking forum is blaming either Manu or Pop for last season.

I blame Tony "fake MVP" Parker. 6-23 for19 points in game 6 and 3- 12 for 10 points in game 7 of the NBA FINALS.

Wow. And what makes me cringe is TP's "promise" to Tim Duncan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqqGTsCGTJ8

Promise to make the finals but not win it? This muther fucker man. Tim Duncan didn't need any promises from this french fuck.

TE
07-30-2013, 04:21 AM
TP woulda been the hero in game 6 if the Heat didn't get fluky shit to go in tbh. Parker's performance down the stretch was a thing of elite players. This is coming from a Parker hater, btw.

Baam
07-30-2013, 04:24 AM
If you watched the POs you would ask.

20 and 10 in the WCF on a ridiculous %
Two games without TO against the most disruptive defense in the league
2 epic daggers at the end of two different games including one in game 6
And he was injured

The choke of the century is on Pop deal with it

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 04:31 AM
“I can’t believe he’s still open at this moment in the series,” Spurs point guard Tony Parker said after Game 5. “They are still trapping me and doubling [Tim Duncan], and Danny is wide open. He’s shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he’s going to make threes.”

Danny Green 2-11 from 3 after this stupid fucking comment. :(

SAmagic
07-30-2013, 04:33 AM
Wow

siraulo23
07-30-2013, 04:39 AM

please, im pretty sure the heat had enough motivation and reasons to shut d green down

J.T.
07-30-2013, 04:42 AM

Although I think the Finals loss is pretty much all due to Pop pulling a Frank Vogel with Duncan at the end of Game 6, you got a point with that comment. It's too much of a coincidence that Danny Green is torching the Heat from the 3-point line until that comment. I mean, after torching them in Game 2 & 3, why don't the Heat adjust to shutting him down then?

Parker also called out Westbrook before the 2012 West Finals and probably got that dude to play above his ceiling because of it. Fucker just needs to keep his mouth shut. The Spurs should just pay the fines and ban media access to Parker.

siraulo23
07-30-2013, 04:43 AM
TP woulda been the hero in game 6 if the Heat didn't get fluky shit to go in tbh. Parker's performance down the stretch was a thing of elite players. This is coming from a Parker hater, btw.

tp def almost won it for the spurs det 3 and pull up j to put the spurs up by 2...

this prolly would be less painful if tp didnt score those 5 pts

hater
07-30-2013, 04:53 AM
probably because Parker never got close to giving the ball 8 times to the opponent in a closeout game

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 05:07 AM
probably because Parker never got close to giving the ball 8 times to the opponent in a closeout game

Parker was our "MVP" the whole season. He was our "star" player. But this bitch pulled a kobe and went 6-23 in the most important game of the season?

You really gonna defend this shit? You of ALL People. wow. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
I wish we had Speedy Claxson to close out game 6.:depressed

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Tony Parker going hero mode pissed me off. I liked that he made those two clutch shots, but after that he just wanted to win the MVP award and his sucking was the biggest problem in the OT.

chazley
07-30-2013, 05:32 AM
I was only one who gave Tony shit after the series ended. Here is what I had to say in a previous thread:

This team finally hit the good side of variance during these playoffs. During the past few seasons, we were championship contenders, and arguably better than the teams we played, but Manu breaks his elbow a few days before the playoffs and we drop a very close game 1 in 2011. Zbo hit some ridiculously difficult 20 footers at the end of close games. In 2012, Serge Ibaka/Perkins/Collison shoot 90% from 17 feet for Game 4 and we lose a close one and in the very next game Harden hits a ridiculously hard 3. Bad side of variance.

Look at these playoffs. We draw the Lakers first round and they're starting D-league all-stars. Against the Warriors we play two atrocious games back to back at home but get extremely lucky and win a game in a situation that literally had never been done before in NBA history. Steph Curry rolls his ankle and is never the same. Against Memphis we won every close game, including two OT's that could've gone either way. Series looked nothing like a 4-0 beatdown. We could've been down 3-1 easily.

Against the Heat, Danny Green sets an NBA record for made 3-pointers while making them at a 67% clip thru 5 games. Lucky, and not indicative of the median we can expect over a large sample size. That very much was a huge reason why we were up against the Heat after game 5. Then bad luck starts to happen to us. He crashes back down to earth and regresses to the mean (totally expected, altho horribly bad timing) during the next 2 games. We lose a game that the basketball gods stole from us game 6. Tim Duncan misses a shot and subsequent tip-in in Game 7 that he makes 9/10 tries. We experienced some ugly variance the last 2 games.

One thing I will say though: Strictly speaking in a relative sense, Tony Parker was BAD against the Heat. He had two good games (1/5) and didn't have a single great game that stood out after torching the Grizz. It's amazing to me that Pop/Manu have been the scapegoats for this series when so much was made about this being TONY's team and we didn't lean on Manu AT ALL this year and couldn't have expected much more than what he gave us. Extremely disappointed in Tony. He looked good enough physically to me to get the job done and didn't.

Tony was bad, but let's not forget he is probably Finals MVP if we pull out Game 6 and we're probably singing his praises.

1 Manu missed free throw
1 Kawhi missed free throw
1 Lebron three
1 Chris Bosh rebound
1 Ray Allen 3
Losing in overtime

Any one of those 6 things don't happen, we are hoisting a banner and having parades. Get some perspective please. If all of those situations were 50/50 situations, it would make it a 1.55% chance the Heat win that game. We lost. It was heartbreaking and extremely unfortunate that it happened. But don't blame a front office that put a team together with a 98.45% chance of winning the NBA Finals for not winning the championship.

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Tim Duncan was Finals MVP had we pulled out 6.

What TD did in the 1st half that game was LEGENDARY.

To bad TD had Tony Bryant trying to steal his shine.

chazley
07-30-2013, 06:01 AM

Duncan played really really bad offensively first five games. He should've dominated Chris Bosh every game and failed to do so. Of course, he anchored us defensively so he obviously as a 37 year old 7-footer playing 35-38 minutes a game we can't expect to carry us offensively. We knew that all year. His first 3 quarters Game 6 was the stuff of legend, and something I will always cherish as a die-hard Spurs fan, but he also ran out of gas and didn't score a single point in 4Q or OT.

We had zero business being in this series. Everyone outside of Tony left every fiber of energy they had out there on the court game 6 and 7. I will be eternally proud of this team, and it's a major reason this loss hasn't hit me too hard.

This Finals reminded every Spurs fan just how amazing Tim Duncan is, and how BLESSED we are to be able to have him be on our San Antonio Spurs for nearly two decades.

Manu was basically a forgotten man in this Spurs offense all season/playoffs until the Finals started, this Pop basically asked him to run our team. He looked terrible doing it because he had no reps all year long handling the ball for an entire game and running the offense, because Tony did that for us for 82 games and 3 playoff rounds.

milkyway21
07-30-2013, 06:20 AM

Agree. Tim Duncan was at his best in the first half of game 7.

Tony Parker went cold in the Finals. Just like Green. Even if he scored 20 pts (he scored just 10), in game 7, he will not win MVP.
I am a fan of TP but so disappointed of his selfishness sometimes. Of his playing the hero role.
He was bad in game 2. Worse in game 6, Worst in game 7. That's why Pop yanked him out.
That's why Manu was on the floor and that's why we had so many TOs.

Sorry, but IMO only Duncan & Kawhi were consistent enough to deserve that trophy throughout the finals - games 1-7.

Diego20
07-30-2013, 06:28 AM
I was only one who gave Tony shit after the series ended. Here is what I had to say in a previous thread:

This team finally hit the good side of variance during these playoffs. During the past few seasons, we were championship contenders, and arguably better than the teams we played, but Manu breaks his elbow a few days before the playoffs and we drop a very close game 1 in 2011. Zbo hit some ridiculously difficult 20 footers at the end of close games. In 2012, Serge Ibaka/Perkins/Collison shoot 90% from 17 feet for Game 4 and we lose a close one and in the very next game Harden hits a ridiculously hard 3. Bad side of variance.

Look at these playoffs. We draw the Lakers first round and they're starting D-league all-stars. Against the Warriors we play two atrocious games back to back at home but get extremely lucky and win a game in a situation that literally had never been done before in NBA history. Steph Curry rolls his ankle and is never the same. Against Memphis we won every close game, including two OT's that could've gone either way. Series looked nothing like a 4-0 beatdown. We could've been down 3-1 easily.

Against the Heat, Danny Green sets an NBA record for made 3-pointers while making them at a 67% clip thru 5 games. Lucky, and not indicative of the median we can expect over a large sample size. That very much was a huge reason why we were up against the Heat after game 5. Then bad luck starts to happen to us. He crashes back down to earth and regresses to the mean (totally expected, altho horribly bad timing) during the next 2 games. We lose a game that the basketball gods stole from us game 6. Tim Duncan misses a shot and subsequent tip-in in Game 7 that he makes 9/10 tries. We experienced some ugly variance the last 2 games.

One thing I will say though: Strictly speaking in a relative sense, Tony Parker was BAD against the Heat. He had two good games (1/5) and didn't have a single great game that stood out after torching the Grizz. It's amazing to me that Pop/Manu have been the scapegoats for this series when so much was made about this being TONY's team and we didn't lean on Manu AT ALL this year and couldn't have expected much more than what he gave us. Extremely disappointed in Tony. He looked good enough physically to me to get the job done and didn't.

Tony was bad, but let's not forget he is probably Finals MVP if we pull out Game 6 and we're probably singing his praises.

1 Manu missed free throw
1 Lebron three
1 Chris Bosh rebound
1 Ray Allen 3
Losing in overtime

Any one of those 6 things don't happen, we are hoisting a banner and having parades. Get some perspective please. If all of those situations were 50/50 situations, it would make it a 1.55% chance the Heat win that game. We lost. It was heartbreaking and extremely unfortunate that it happened. But don't blame a front office that put a team together with a 98.45% chance of winning the NBA Finals for not winning the championship.

That's the reason why Spurs does not have 5 rings.Also TP disapeared last two games.

Oh right, the only thing that matters in this forum is turnovers. Then Magic Johnson was a very bad player and that the reason about Lakers only won 5 rings when he was playing and not 14.

kobyz
07-30-2013, 07:17 AM
cause he was injured and did more than enough to carry us and bring us to where we got... you should not expected him nothing for game 7, cause game 6 totally kill him, he will never recover, he is done, will never be the same player again, you could have seen that by the look on his face.... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219314

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 08:55 AM
cause he was injured and did more than enough to carry us and bring us to where we got... you should not expected him nothing for game 7, cause game 6 totally kill him, he will never recover, he is done, will never be the same player again, you could have seen that by the look on his face.... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219314

Pure BS.
The facts of the matter is the WHOLE team botched winning the championship, and consensus says Game 6 was the crux, and not any one person is totally responsible. Only idiots, blind perfectionists, and trolls believe otherwise!
The facts don't lie, it just is what it is, and can't be changed just because a select few seem to think fiction is fact!
We all saw the games, and you have free will to think whatever you want to think, but regardless of that, it still doesn't change the facts: the whole team lost the 2013 finals and not 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 individuals. It is that simple.

Now, if you want a rational and logical debate on the subject, then debate this: did the Spurs Lose it more so than the Heat Won it, or did the Heat Win it more so than the Spurs Lost it? In other words, for those of you too dense to understand the question: did the Spurs give it away, rather than the Heat took it?

pgardn
07-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Why are we looking for a backup for Parker?

Because he plays too damn much on tired legs

He goes hero when the offense breaks down, he is tired, and we are out of options. He is not Lebron. He legitimately has to work hard the entire time he is on the floor. I was a hater to, with his falling down and not getting up to play D when a foul was not called.

He is not a big strong guy. He needs rest during games in the playoffs when he gets pushed constantly, and is working so hard on D when Duncan's man is brought out for the PnR.

good god...

Juggity
07-30-2013, 09:14 AM

I don't think so. Tim was FMVP by the end of game 6. And if the Spurs had won game 7, there's no question that Tim would have been FMVP

team-work
07-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Pure BS.
The facts of the matter is the WHOLE team botched winning the championship, and consensus says Game 6 was the crux, and not any one person is totally responsible. Only idiots, blind perfectionists, and trolls believe otherwise!
The facts don't lie, it just is what it is, and can't be changed just because a select few seem to think fiction is fact!
We all saw the games, and you have free will to think whatever you want to think, but regardless of that, it still doesn't change the facts: the whole team lost the 2013 finals and not 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 individuals. It is that simple.

Now, if you want a rational and logical debate on the subject, then debate this: did the Spurs Lose it more so than the Heat Won it, or did the Heat Win it more so than the Spurs Lost it? In other words, for those of you too dense to understand the question: did the Spurs give it away, rather than the Heat took it?

Well said.

Hope the singling out and blaming on individual player(s) and/or coach(es) ends here. Life goes on, even after losses that are difficult to deal with.

resistanze
07-30-2013, 09:32 AM
1) He was injured most of the series
2) I'm pretty sure Parker basically won the championship in Game 6 before the team pulled off the biggest chokejob in Finals history.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Well said.

Hope the singling out and blaming on individual player(s) and/or coach(es) ends here. Life goes on, even after losses that are difficult to deal with.

Thanks, the great majority of us KNOW the facts.

Now, as for the "difficult to deal with the loss" part,
I contend that it really is NOT that difficult especially when you shed some light on the subject and consider these facts: the Spurs were NEVER supposed to get as far as they did, they were NEVER favored to win the 2013 championship, and the fact they were there with a chance to win it went against all the odds!
Thus, we should be a hell of a lot more THANKFUL, than sad, or even hurt, and we should be PROUD that we even had a shot at it in the first place, no one picked the Spurs to get that far, we were heavy underdogs!

kobyz
07-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Pure BS.

pure rhetorical comment, completely disconnect from reality that i don't know even how to respond to this...

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM
pure rhetorical comment, completely disconnect from reality that i don't know even how to respond to this...

And you, sir, have no idea what you are talking about! No wonder you don't know how to respond! You probably don't even exist as a person or soul or entity. After suffering through asinine posts for weeks now, I am convinced that you are nothing but a figment of our darker imaginations and really don't exist at all! You are a laughing stock and a pure BS joke!
Truth hurt yet?

kobyz
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks, the great majority of us KNOW the facts.

Now, as for the "difficult to deal with the loss" part,
I contend that it really is NOT that difficult especially when you shed some light on the subject and consider these facts: the Spurs were NEVER supposed to get as far as they did, they were NEVER favored to win the 2013 championship, and the fact they were there with a chance to win it went against all the odds!

what you pointed is correct, but your conclusion is wrong... "against all the odds" only make it much bigger missing and more sad, cause it would have made it much more amazing achievement, and we still had it in our hands and let it slipp away(you seems to forgot it!).

kobyz
07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
And you, sir, have no idea what you are talking about! No wonder you don't know how to respond! You probably don't even exist as a person or soul or entity. After suffering through asinine posts for weeks now, I am convinced that you are nothing but a figment of our darker imaginations and really don't exist at all! You are a laughing stock and a pure BS joke!
Truth hurt yet?

go back to your Science Fiction world, your comments are so petty and indicate of lack of soul...

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
what you pointed is correct, but your conclusion is wrong... "against all the odds" only make it much bigger missing and more sad, cause it would have made it much more amazing achievement, and we still had it in our hands and let it slipp away(you seems to forgot it!).

No, my conclusion is dead on! And my conclusion is my humble opinion, not fact, never said it was a fact. You can't even make a logical assessment of someone's post! You don't even exist, so who are you? A nobody, a non-entity! Truth hurt yet?
As chump says, "you off yourself yet"? Then hurry up, your posts mean nothing, you are totally insignificant, you are fiction, or a total moron, not sure which yet!:hat

td4mvp2k
07-30-2013, 09:54 AM
This fucking forum is blaming either Manu or Pop for last season. I blame Tony "fake MVP" Parker. 6-23 for19 points in game 6 and 3- 12 for 10 points in game 7 of the NBA FINALS.Wow. And what makes me cringe is TP's "promise" to Tim Duncan.Promise to make the finals but not win it? This muther fucker man. Tim Duncan didn't need any promises from this french fuck.:clap

SpurAddict561
07-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Honestly, Tony is more to blame than any one on the team, if you ask me. He was the clear-cut MVP of the team all season long and just came off a HUGE series against one of the best paint defending teams in the NBA. He completely disappeared after Game 2 and was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND in Game 7. Ray Allen hit the game tying 3 in Game 6 over Tony, as well. I'm not buying the whole injury story, he still showed plenty of signs of greatness, especially in the first half of Game 4 then completely disappeared. He missed the same game clenching FT that people on here have THE AUDACITY of putting blame on Kawhi for, a guy who out played everyone ON BOTH ENDS not named Timmy, throughout the whole series.

It's disheartening to see Tony playing for the FNT, but I'm optimistic he will play with an extra fire in his game next season. Don't let us down, TP!

kobyz
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
No, my conclusion is dead on! And my conclusion is my humble opinion, not fact, never said it was a fact. You can't even make a logical assessment of someone's post! You don't even exist, so who are you? A nobody, a non-entity! Truth hurt yet?
As chump says, "you off yourself yet"? Then hurry up, your posts mean nothing, you are totally insignificant, you are fiction, or a total moron, not sure which yet!:hat

yo fucking moron! i just made a "logical assessment" to your post, you don't have left nothing to hold your agenda on and you know you dead wrong so you starting to ignoring the truth and bs all over.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 10:21 AM
yo fucking moron! i just made a "logical assessment" to your post, you don't have left nothing to hold your agenda on and you know you dead wrong so you starting to ignoring the truth and bs all over.

That is your assessment? What a total numbskull non-entity you are! I don't even feel sorry for you any more, you are a pitiful excuse for a human being.
Go home! And take your crybaby BS ball with you!
You make even the trolls look appealing!:troll

eds
07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
tony almost win it, 5 consecutive points to put spurs up 2 then shit happened. move on

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-30-2013, 11:03 AM
With the exception of Duncan and Leonard, I'll give part of the blame to any player. However a majority or the blame for me goes to Pop. What he did was disgusting, so arrogant to think he has more control than the legendary Tim Duncan. I will always be thankful for Pop and the great things he's done for SA, but what he did in game 6 will forever tarnish his legacy in my eyes. But I do agree, Parker was bad. When he took that dumb shot at the end of regulation in game 6, he had Kawhi wide open in the corner. I just know that Kawhi makes that.

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Whenever somebody disagrees with a Manu/Pop hater troll, the troll just resorts to saying crap like "you know you're wrong!" or "you can't handle the truth!"

And kobyz, like all of the other trolls, does not fail to deliver.

Phillip
07-30-2013, 11:40 AM
OP spittin troof bombs

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:41 AM
With the exception of Duncan and Leonard, I'll give part of the blame to any player. However a majority or the blame for me goes to Pop. What he did was disgusting, so arrogant to think he has more control than the legendary Tim Duncan. I will always be thankful for Pop and the great things he's done for SA, but what he did in game 6 will forever tarnish his legacy in my eyes. But I do agree, Parker was bad. When he took that dumb shot at the end of regulation in game 6, he had Kawhi wide open in the corner. I just know that Kawhi makes that.

Whenever somebody says it will completely tarnish Pop's legacy, I cannot take that person seriously anymore.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Whenever somebody disagrees with a Manu/Pop hater troll, the troll just resorts to saying crap like "you know you're wrong!" or "you can't handle the truth!"

I'm convinced this troll is in actually more than one person? No one could be this obtuse!
That's why I treat it the way I do now, as a non-entity.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm convinced this troll is in actually more than one person. No one could be this obtuse!
That's why I treat it the way I do now, as a non-entity.

EVAY
07-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Pure BS.

Thank You. I have not posted on the Spurs forum since the 'thank you to the spurs' thread because this is exactly what happened if you are looking at things with any sort of unbiased approach.

Tony got us as far as we got. He had us up in game 6 and he poured every ounce of strength left in that hamstring in that game. The loss is on the whole team, and they ALL feel it a lot more than any of us feel it.

To all the haters out there : STFU!!

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Green shot 2-19 from the field in games 6 and 7. Parker combined for 9-35. People are happy to blame Pop though. You gotta figure if Danny knocked in 1-2 threes in EITHER game 6 or 7 we win.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Thank You. I have not posted on the Spurs forum since the 'thank you to the spurs' thread because this is exactly what happened if you are looking at things with any sort of unbiased approach.

Tony got us as far as we got. He had us up in game 6 and he poured every ounce of strength left in that hamstring in that game. The loss is on the whole team, and they ALL feel it a lot more than any of us feel it.

To all the haters out there : STFU!!

And thank you, because having read most of all the other posts on most of all the threads, as well as other forums, and news reports, I realized that the great consensus of Spur fans, as well as basketball fans in general, analysts, and those in the know, realize and see the same points I've been trying to make. Just because a select few nincompoops try to convince us differently doesn't make it so, the facts remain the facts. It really is that simple, but even so, apparently only simple minds fail to see the facts and believe their own twisted versions of reality.
To persist in trying to drive home their fictitious versions of the facts staring them plainly in the face is nothing less than troll behavior, rather than pawning it off as passion, or any other ridiculous excuse.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 01:05 PM
fify

1 Manu missed free throw
1 Mike Miller rebound
1 Lebron three
1 Chris Bosh rebound
1 Ray Allen 3
Losing in overtime

Still hard to believe it even happened.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:09 PM

It is, I don't deny any of that, but just keep in mind, the Spurs were never supposed to be there in the first place, and the fact that they were should be something to be proud of, rather than something to be pissed about, or rather than looking for scapegoats.

rick1991
07-30-2013, 01:11 PM
We will never know the full extent of Parker's hamstring injury.

Baam
07-30-2013, 01:13 PM

Not really Spurs were a bad rebounding team all year, it's on Pop for not caring enough and worse taking out the best rebounder.

chrhawk
07-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Parker definitely could've been better but he was hurt for the majority of the series. My only beef with Parker is that he kept calling his number with James guarding him while ignoring Chalmers and Miller on Kawhi. Parker and Ginobili should've gave Leonard the ball everytime they saw Chalmers or Leonard on him.

chrhawk
07-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Green shot 2-19 from the field in games 6 and 7. Parker combined for 9-35. People are happy to blame Pop though. You gotta figure if Danny knocked in 1-2 threes in EITHER game 6 or 7 we win.

Green set the NBA Finals record for three-pointers made in FIVE games. He more than did his part to put the Spurs in position to win that series. Bottom line, if Ginobili had just a BAD game in Game 6 instead of a god-awful one, the Spurs are champions right now.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 01:50 PM

So Claxton would have had that layup when TP faked Bron out and hit a loooong three to tie the game after Miami took control? Yeah that would have worked out! We would have lost by 5 or so then.

BUT 4-21 before those shots! Yeah that is God AWFUL, who knows how hurt he was but that statline is just a joke and we needed more and we might not be in that position to need a lucky three from him to begin with.

Honestly, Tony is more to blame than any one on the team, if you ask me. He was the clear-cut MVP of the team all season long and just came off a HUGE series against one of the best paint defending teams in the NBA. He completely disappeared after Game 2 and was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND in Game 7. Ray Allen hit the game tying 3 in Game 6 over Tony, as well. I'm not buying the whole injury story, he still showed plenty of signs of greatness, especially in the first half of Game 4 then completely disappeared. He missed the same game clenching FT that people on here have THE AUDACITY of putting blame on Kawhi for, a guy who out played everyone ON BOTH ENDS not named Timmy, throughout the whole series.

It's disheartening to see Tony playing for the FNT, but I'm optimistic he will play with an extra fire in his game next season. Don't let us down, TP!
Bottom line is, the team outside of TIM and Kawhi played like absolute shit in games 6 and 7, if they even play good or decent we are champs right now! They did not show up for those games sides two players, period.

Robz4000
07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Ya'll niggas posting in a troll thread

chrhawk
07-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Ya'll niggas posting in a troll thread

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-souMAk0_7KGHMjT_w3dhzkI3-YC13o9yxnvzHNUVKAECUkxt (http://www.spurstalk.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=C7MpilihU9ooQM&tbnid=YtZCJKoCftX1JM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fencyclopediadramatica.se%2FY'all _niggas&ei=Bw74Ubz7FY7o8wSFnYBg&bvm=bv.49967636,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNHDo-rP4fD7jrm6CW0C9ENcVUZ6tQ&ust=1375297405497380)

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Green set the NBA Finals record for three-pointers made in FIVE games. He more than did his part to put the Spurs in position to win that series. Bottom line, if Ginobili had just a BAD game in Game 6 instead of a god-awful one, the Spurs are champions right now.
oh i'm not saying i'm unhappy with green's general performance in the finals. still, 2-19 does hamper a team over a 2 game stretch, especially since you are supposed to be the one that makes their defense pay for being over aggressive. you don't think his lack of floor-spreading/shot-making had anything to do with manu's turnovers in game 6? it allows the defense to be hyper aggressive

hater
07-30-2013, 03:17 PM
tony almost win it, 5 consecutive points to put spurs up 2 then shit happened. move on

boom truth grenade

if spursfan would make a try to really remember what happened, we squandered a 10pt lead in the 4th and heat had the momentum. That is when Parker took over and killed the Heat momentum and regained Spurs lead. All this was going on while Ginobili was getting his 5, 6, and 7th turnover.

/thread

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Whenever somebody says it will completely tarnish Pop's legacy, I cannot take that person seriously anymore.
I didn't say completely, Pop will still be known forever as a great coach. However that mistake he made tarnished his legacy as it will keep it from reaching its potentially very high ceiling.

ElNono
07-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't get the need to shit on any Spurs player after an amazing season. Or to shit on one to prop another one up.

resistanze
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
It is, I don't deny any of that, but just keep in mind, the Spurs were never supposed to be there in the first place, and the fact that they were should be something to be proud of, rather than something to be pissed about, or rather than looking for scapegoats.
What do you mean "never supposed to be there"?

Was there another team that got food poisoning and couldn't make the NBA Finals?

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 03:42 PM
What do you mean "never supposed to be there"?

Was there another team that got food poisoning and couldn't make the NBA Finals?

No, they were never favored to make the finals.

Eddy from Austin
07-30-2013, 03:45 PM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8701/iu2f.jpg

resistanze
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
No, they were never favored to make the finals.

Doesn't really matter who may or may not have been favored to win the finals at the beginning of the season. There were in the finals.

They were supposed to be there...because they were there. And they were seconds from winning #5 - you can't dismiss that by saying 'oh well they weren't favorited to make it this far at the beginning of the season'.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Doesn't really matter who may or may not have been favored to win the finals at the beginning of the season. There were in the finals.

They were supposed to be there...because they were there. And they were seconds from winning #5 - you can't dismiss that by saying 'oh well they weren't favorited to make it this far at the beginning of the season'.

Beginning of the season? Hell, they were not even favored at the end of the season, right before the playoffs began!
And if you remember they did not have home court advantage in the finals, nor were they favored then either!

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I didn't say completely, Pop will still be known forever as a great coach. However that mistake he made tarnished his legacy as it will keep it from reaching its potentially very high ceiling.

Pop will easily be remembered as one of the top 5 head coaches of all time, at the very least.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Pop will easily be remembered as one of the top 5 head coaches of all time, at the very least.

I doubt after a few years go by that it will even be remembered by the great majority of fans in the world, so I seriously doubt it tarnishes anything.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 04:09 PM

I doubt after a few years go by that it will even be remembered by the great majority of fans in the world, so I seriously doubt it tarnishes anything.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 04:19 PM

Your right, all fans I talk to at work in here in VA (Not Spurs fans either) all praise Pop and say we made it there and lasted this long because of how great our system and coach is (Tim too lol), they all admire him and how he coaches. Fans of bball love Pop as a whole, treat him alot better than some in here.

Phenomanul
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Didn't read the thread... don't need to. One need not go to an extreme in order to counter the folks that have taken the extreme position to blame one or two guys for the Game 6 debaucle.

Parker was clearly hampered by his hamstring. He did not have the burst from earlier in the season otherwise he would have been blowing by Cole, Lebron, Wade or whoever else the Heat would have thrown at him...

cjw
07-30-2013, 05:37 PM
ESPN agrees with the OP. They had Parker outside of the top 10 PG in the league based on some wonky advanced metric, behind the likes of Kyle Lowry, that guy he beat 4-0 in the WCF last year and Lawson ... and behind John Wall too apparently.

therealtruth
07-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Although I think the Finals loss is pretty much all due to Pop pulling a Frank Vogel with Duncan at the end of Game 6, you got a point with that comment. It's too much of a coincidence that Danny Green is torching the Heat from the 3-point line until that comment. I mean, after torching them in Game 2 & 3, why don't the Heat adjust to shutting him down then?

Parker also called out Westbrook before the 2012 West Finals and probably got that dude to play above his ceiling because of it. Fucker just needs to keep his mouth shut. The Spurs should just pay the fines and ban media access to Parker.

What probably helped the Heat to defend Green better was Lebron taking TP. It reduced the amount of help defense they needed to play.

lefty
07-30-2013, 06:55 PM
He gets a pass because 9 is a reversed 6

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-30-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdV0XsrWl8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6AKrqv_Yq0

Russ
07-30-2013, 09:14 PM

I blame Tony "fake MVP" Parker.

There's enough blame to go around for last season.

NBA Finals loss in seven games, 12-2 Western Conference playoff record, you can't wipe that stink off matter how hard you try.

And you can't blame just one player for that kind of collective failure.

Knoxxx
07-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Warrior TP stuck a dagger right in the throat of the best player in the world twice, unfortunately he didn't stay down the second time while we brain farted the game away.

That step back 3 pointer he hit on LeBron was one the sickest cold blooded assassin shots in the history of the NBA.

Someone please step up and ban or pink the OP.

Darius McCrary
07-30-2013, 09:34 PM
You are whack.

Parker had a legendary game winner in game 1.
Then he got hurt.

In the final moments of game 6 he busted a three in LeBron's stupid face, then followed that up with another shot to put us up by 2 possessions.. Where the team failed after that was Manu missing FT, Leonard missing FT, and the entire team letting that punk Wade push them around for 2 straight rebound attempts.

Blaming Parker is absurd.

Leetonidas
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Parker had the entire defense keyed on him and he still went apeshit a few times, he had LeBron fucking James, one of the best perimeter defensive players, on him most of the time and he was playing with a calf injury. gtfo with this shit, as far as on the court Manu was the worst player in the Finals

Darius McCrary
07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Parker had the entire defense keyed on him and he still went apeshit a few times, he had LeBron fucking James, one of the best perimeter defensive players, on him most of the time and he was playing with a calf injury. gtfo with this shit, as far as on the court Manu was the worst player in the Finals
This.

Parker was getting penetration with ease when James on him in the early games of the series. That changed a little when he got hurt, and now all a sudden James was slowing down Parker. (Revisionist history 101.)

Well, yeah, but even hobbled Parker was getting the Spurs offense the looks it needed to win not only games, but the series.

Kool Bob Love
07-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Its about holding your best player accountable.

If the Heat lose we have a summer of Bron being crucified.

That how Sports work. The "best player" gets the praise when they win and the criticism when they lose

Darius McCrary
07-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Its about holding your best player accountable.

If the Heat lose we have a summer of Bron being crucified.

That how Sports work. The "best player" gets the praise when they win and the criticism when they lose

Tim Duncan was our best player in the finals.

Kidd K
07-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Parker at least showed up and didn't shoot us in the foot like Ginobili did. 45 assists/15 turnovers. 3/1 ratio is excellent, especially for a dude playing on a bad hammy. Ginobili: 12 turnovers in last 2 games alone and barely half the total assists for the series. Not to mention less points on a crappier FG% and barely showing up in the first 4 games, having one good game, then shitting the bed the game after to fuck us.

It'd be dumb to fault Parker when he was good throughout the playoffs and was the only reliable perimeter playmaker on our entire team in the Finals. Dude had to carry a huge responsbility because everyone else was killing us when they handled the ball. Despite that, 3/1 assist/turnover ratio. People don't blame the guy 'cause he was good.

He will solely based upon titles.

Phil Jackson (11)
Red Auerbach (9)
Pat Riley (5)
The guy nobody even knows, John Kundla (5)
and durrr
yeah it's Popovich next with 4

and unlike the other three, did it in a small market with limited funds. Unlike Auerbach and Kundla, he didn't do it in the 6 team era. So basically it's 2-3 dudes who are really above him, and Riley's only up by a single title.

Pop is at worst #4 all time.

MannyIsGod
07-31-2013, 12:39 AM
God damn Spurs fan can be so fucking dumb.

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2013, 02:33 AM

I blame Tony "fake MVP" Parker. 6-23 for19 points in game 6 and 3- 12 for 10 points in game 7 of the NBA FINALS.

Promise to make the finals but not win it? This muther fucker man. Tim Duncan didn't need any promises from this french fuck.Parker hit the potential game winning shot in Game 1 to steal the game on the road. Parker hit that tough three point shot on Lebron in the 4th quarter of Game 6 to give us a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to go.

Manu on the other hand turned the ball over 8 times. Manu was the main reason why the game was even close. If he had played below average and not PATHETIC, Spurs would've won the game. He also missed that key free throw when everyone was counting on him to make it given the savvy veteran and good career FT shooter that he is.

Pop kept giving Manu the green light in the 4th quarter and OT and he still fucked up. Shit, Manu never really got going through out the playoffs. Senile Pop kept subbing players out when they would start to get in rhythm. Pop took out Timmy in those two last two possessions.
MANU'S 8 TURNOVERS, a +/- of -21, Pop's regular season rotations in the middle of a FUCKING Game 6 w/the Championship on the line, Pop subbing out players when they start to get hot, and Pop's insistence on leaving Manu on the floor despite how shitty he was playing. THE POPSUCKERS AND MANU WORSHIPPERS CAN'T HIDE FROM THESE FACTS!

There. Now STFU. Can't tell if you're a Popsucker or Manu fan boy. My guess is that you're probably both since both usually go hand in hand.

therealtruth
07-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Parker at least showed up and didn't shoot us in the foot like Ginobili did. 45 assists/15 turnovers. 3/1 ratio is excellent, especially for a dude playing on a bad hammy. Ginobili: 12 turnovers in last 2 games alone and barely half the total assists for the series. Not to mention less points on a crappier FG% and barely showing up in the first 4 games, having one good game, then shitting the bed the game after to fuck us.

It'd be dumb to fault Parker when he was good throughout the playoffs and was the only reliable perimeter playmaker on our entire team in the Finals. Dude had to carry a huge responsbility because everyone else was killing us when they handled the ball. Despite that, 3/1 assist/turnover ratio. People don't blame the guy 'cause he was good.

He will solely based upon titles.

Phil Jackson (11)
Red Auerbach (9)
Pat Riley (5)
The guy nobody even knows, John Kundla (5)
and durrr
yeah it's Popovich next with 4

and unlike the other three, did it in a small market with limited funds. Unlike Auerbach and Kundla, he didn't do it in the 6 team era. So basically it's 2-3 dudes who are really above him, and Riley's only up by a single title.

Pop is at worst #4 all time.

Pop could go the John Kundla route and no one would remember him that well.

Knoxxx
07-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Anyone blaming Parker has obviously not had a pulled hammy. What he was amazing against LeBron considering that. Then in the end he just said "I played bad" and never said a thing about it when he clearly was not 100%. That was just bad luck for us there, I think it is safe to say the pulled hammy cost us a title since we only needed one point. But we can single out a thousand plays that cost us a point so what is the point?

See my point?

cd021
07-31-2013, 10:01 AM

Promise to make the finals but not win it? This muther fucker man. Tim Duncan didn't need any promises from this french fuck.

What a ridiculous criticism of Parker. You do understand that he was the reason we were up by 5 with 28 seconds left in game 6. That 3 he hit over Lebron and him knifing his way into the paint only to stop and pivot the opposite direction for an easy floater. If we won that game that would have been playing on NBA TV for years to come.

Manu and Kawhi went a combined 2-4 in the final 35 seconds of the game from the free throw line. That cost us the game. He was battling a calf injury and came up with 19 in what should have been a close out game. You also forgot to mention he obliterated Miami in game 5 for 26 points.

His 37 points against Memphis at Memphis while being defended by the best back court in the NBA was equally impressive. Memphis was 2nd in defense but couldn't stop a 30 year old, 6'2, frenchman from making himself at home in their gym.

Or the 18 assists in 3 quarters of game 2. He ran out of game put no before making Marc Gasol look absolutely frustrated because of Parkers decision making. Finding teammates for easy looks around the rim that he couldn't even contest.

He also hit 2 absolutely clutch 3's in a close out game against GSW on the road after struggling to score for most of the game.

He did all he could, to win a title. You're acting like a Laker fan (ungrateful). Appreciate all he did this season, his 20pts, 7 asts, and 50%FG this season made him a legit MVP candidate and help keep the Spurs in title contention.

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2013, 10:14 AM
What a ridiculous criticism of Parker. You do understand that he was the reason we were up by 5 with 28 seconds left in game 6. That 3 he hit over Lebron and him knifing his way into the paint only to stop and pivot the opposite direction for an easy floater. If we won that game that would have been playing on NBA TV for years to come.

Manu and Kawhi went a combined 2-4 in the final 35 seconds of the game from the free throw line. That cost us the game. He was battling a calf injury and came up with 19 in what should have been a close out game. You also forgot to mention he obliterated Miami in game 5 for 26 points.

His 37 points against Memphis at Memphis while being defended by the best back court in the NBA was equally impressive. Memphis was 2nd in defense but couldn't stop a 30 year old, 6'2, frenchman from making himself at home in their gym.

Or the 18 assists in 3 quarters of game 2. He ran out of game put no before making Marc Gasol look absolutely frustrated because of Parkers decision making. Finding teammates for easy looks around the rim that he couldn't even contest.

He also hit 2 absolutely clutch 3's in a close out game against GSW on the road after struggling to score for most of the game.

He did all he could, to win a title. You're acting like a Laker fan (ungrateful). Appreciate all he did this season, his 20pts, 7 asts, and 50%FG this season made him a legit MVP candidate and help keep the Spurs in title contention.OP is a Popsucker/Manutard, I don't expect him to comprehend our valid point of view.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
OP is a Popsucker/Manutard, I don't expect him to comprehend our valid point of view.

You don't have a valid point of view, just more redundancy, Manu or Pop bashing, and if someone disagrees with you then you resort to labeling them.
:deadhorse

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 12:25 PM
OP is a Popsucker/Manutard, I don't expect him to comprehend our valid point of view.

Nope Tony Parker chokePERIOD

He was our leader the whole season but couldnt show up when we needed him the most.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Nope Tony Parker chokePERIOD

He was our leader the whole season but couldnt show up when we needed him the most.

People keep reminding that TP was hurt.
I honestly don't get how a certain select few want to place the blame on just a few individuals when it has been clearly shown that it was a combination of screw ups by the whole team!

resistanze
07-31-2013, 12:31 PM
God damn Spurs fan can be so fucking dumb.

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 12:31 PM
He did all he could, to win a title. You're acting like a Laker fan (ungrateful). Appreciate all he did this season, his 20pts, 7 asts, and 50%FG this season made him a legit MVP candidate and help keep the Spurs in title contention.

Nope Im not one of these NASF. I seen this team win titles. Anything short of that is a failure.

Make the playoffs. Win the last game you play. That's all I ask.

Don't care about the regular season anymore. Parker always chokes in the playoffs. Been like this since 01. And stealing TIm's 4th finals MVP sealed it for me.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Nope Im not one of these NASF. I seen this team win titles. Anything short of that is a failure.

Don't care about the regular season anymore. Parker always chokes in the playoffs. Been like this since 01. And stealing TIm's 4th finals MVP sealed it for me.

You mean Bonner always chokes in the playoffs, don't you? That most will agree with.

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Bonner wasn't getting hype to be a MVP candidate this season. Tony Parker choke end of the story. 6-23 in game 6.

Baam
07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
He was ultra clutch actually since he won us the two closest game, not his fault Pop found a way to lose a game that's won 99 times out of 100.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Bonner wasn't getting hype to be a MVP candidate this season. Tony Parker choke end of the story. 6-23 in game 6.

That is an accurate stat, but do you think that he was the ONLY reason the Spurs lost?
I think you are reasonable enough to see it was the whole team for the most part. I mean, did they get all their rebounds, did they play error free ball, did they make all their easy shots, did they make all their free throws, did they deny the Heat easy buckets, did they make all their threes or keep the Heat from making theirs, and did they stick to the game plan and spread the floor on a consistent basis and pass the ball?

If you want a really good reason why they lost, it was forgetting to play the defense the way that got them there in the first place IMHO!

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Parker hit the potential game winning shot in Game 1 to steal the game on the road. Parker hit that tough three point shot on Lebron in the 4th quarter of Game 6 to give us a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to go.

Manu on the other hand turned the ball over 8 times. Manu was the main reason why the game was even close. If he had played below average and not PATHETIC, Spurs would've won the game. He also missed that key free throw when everyone was counting on him to make it given the savvy veteran and good career FT shooter that he is.

Pop kept giving Manu the green light in the 4th quarter and OT and he still fucked up. Shit, Manu never really got going through out the playoffs. Senile Pop kept subbing players out when they would start to get in rhythm. Pop took out Timmy in those two last two possessions.

There. Now STFU. Can't tell if you're a Popsucker or Manu fan boy. My guess is that you're probably both since both usually go hand in hand.

:lmao

One fluke shot in game 1 means nothing. Parker choke. MVP all season but couldnt win one game when we needed him the most. 6-23 really parker?

Parker was consider the "best player all season. But he's gonna stab Duncan in the back and go 6-23 in game 6.

Yeah but lets blame Manu and Pop because our "best player" shit the bed.:lol

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
That is an accurate stat, but do you think that he was the ONLY reason the Spurs lost?
I think you are reasonable enough to see it was the whole team for the most part. I mean, did they get all their rebounds, did they play error free ball, did they make all their easy shots, did they make all their free throws, did they deny the Heat easy buckets, did they make all their threes or keep the Heat from making theirs, and did they stick to the game plan and spread the floor on a consistent basis and pass the ball?

If you want a really good reason why they lost, it was forgetting to play the defense the way that got them there in the first place IMHO!

Nope I agree with most posters that outside of Duncan and Kawhi EVERYONE shit the bed.
Parker is the one I point at because as the "leader" of this team he deserves most if not all of the blame.

And every time I check this forum its either a Manu or Pop hate thread on the 1st page. No one wants to blame Mr. 6-23.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 01:00 PM

One fluke shot in game 1 means nothing. Parker choke. MVP all season but couldnt win one game when we needed him the most. 6-23 really parker?

Parker was consider the "best player all season. But he's gonna stab Duncan in the back and go 6-23 in game 6.

Yeah but lets blame Manu and Pop because our "best player" shit the bed.:lol

I just don't see how you can pin all the blame on TP, especially when you can see how so many others made mistakes too, like Manu, Pop, Bonner (didn't even show up for the finals), Green, Kawhi, Tiago, Diaw, and etc.
They picked the one game to all make mistakes. And you have to give the Heat some credit too for playing some pretty good defense.
To blame it all on TP is as blind as blaming it all on Manu, or Pop.
The fact is the whole team shit the bed and quit playing Spurs basketball at the end, game 6 was theirs for the taking!

kobyz
07-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I just don't see how you can pin all the blame on TP, especially when you can see how so many others made mistakes too, like Manu, Pop, Bonner (didn't even show up for the finals), Green, Kawhi, Tiago, Diaw, and etc.
They picked the one game to all make mistakes. And you have to give the Heat some credit too for playing some pretty good defense.
To blame it all on TP is as blind as blaming it all on Manu, or Pop.
The fact is the whole team shit the bed and quit playing Spurs basketball at the end, game 6 was theirs for the taking!

You full of bs! Yeah! all the blame should be divide equally between all spurs, fucking idiot! No! there is no somebody who has more responsibility about this failer than the other! Please please start use your brain and stop fooling yourself...

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 01:21 PM
You full of bs! Yeah! all the blame should be divide equally between all spurs, fucking idiot! No! there is no somebody who has more responsibility about this failer than the other! Please please start use your brain and stop fooling yourself...

Have you just totally lost your mind, or can you just not read?
That is what I just said, it was the whole team, even TD, who shit the bed, and not any one person over any other!
And to blame just one person for the loss is just totally blind and dense.
But I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you, because you really don't exist, you are a figment of your own imagination, and at best you are a
:troll

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Have you just totally lost your mind, or can you just not read?
That is what I just said, it was the whole team, even TD, who shit the bed, and not any one person over any other!
And to blame just one person for the loss is just totally blind and dense.
But I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you, because you really don't exist, you are a figment of your own imagination, and at best you are a
:troll:lol You say Timmy shit the bed even though he had monster #'s in Games 6 & 7 :lol Kawhi shit the bed even though he was hustling, getting boards, and playing good D on Lebron :lol You say Green shit the bed even though he's a big reason why we even had Games 6 & 7 :lol You say TP shit the bed even though he hit that clutch 3 point shot to put us up by five with 28 secs to go :lol Manu had 8 TURNOVERS, slipped and didn't cover Ray Allen for the clutch three point shot, and kept shooting jacking up three's yet you blaming the whole team :lol Manu's help defense was pathetic fouling every time he reached to swipe the ball yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop took out our best rebounder in Timmy in the final two possessions of the 28 seconds yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop with his regular season rotation in a Game 6 yet it's the whole team's fault :lmao Geez, you are such a blind and delusional homer

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 01:49 PM
:lol You say Timmy shit the bed even though he had monster #'s in Games 6 & 7 :lol Kawhi shit the bed even though he was hustling, getting boards, and playing good D on Lebron :lol You say Green shit the bed even though he's a big reason why we even had Games 6 & 7 :lol You say TP shit the bed even though he hit that clutch 3 point shot to put us up by five with 28 secs to go :lol Manu had 8 TURNOVERS, slipped and didn't cover Ray Allen for the clutch three point shot, and kept shooting jacking up three's yet you blaming the whole team :lol Manu's help defense was pathetic fouling every time he reached to swipe the ball yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop took out our best rebounder in Timmy in the final two possessions of the 28 seconds yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop with his regular season rotation in a Game 6 yet it's the whole team's fault :lmao Geez, you are such a blind and delusional homer

Same old BS crap out of you. Take your blinders off and maybe then you might gain some credibility in your posts.
But all we get is the same old BS about it being only Manu and Pop at fault instead of the whole team. If you don't think TD made any mistakes, then you are just being dense and blind. They all made mistakes, the whole team.
But go ahead a spew your BS crap some more, because no reasonable people believe you anymore.

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Same old BS crap out of you. Take your blinders off and maybe then you might gain some credibility in your posts.
But all we get is the same old BS about it being only Manu and Pop at fault instead of the whole team. If you don't think TD made any mistakes, then you are just being dense and blind. They all made mistakes, the whole team.
But go ahead a spew your BS crap some more, because no reasonable people believe you anymore.They all made mistakes. Those mistakes are the type of mistakes that a team can overcome but Manu and Pop made the most mistakes. The other's mistakes were minor compared to all the bad shit that Pop and Manu did in Game 6 therefore Pop and Manu are the most responsible for costing Timmy his 5th ring. Heat should very grateful that Manu was dishing out assists to the other team and that senile Pop outcoached himself. Pop and Manu are the most to blame. There's no other way around this. Take those Spurs goggles off.

DAF86
07-31-2013, 01:56 PM

1) He was injured most of the series
2) I'm pretty sure Parker basically won the championship in Game 6 before the team pulled off the biggest chokejob in Finals history.

?

Spurs were up 13 with 3:35 remaining on the 3rd quarter with all the momentum in the World, people were already handling the Spurs the trophy and making fun of Lebron. From that point forward Tony got into hero ball either 'cause he felt like he had to take the team home or 'cause he wanted to steal finals MVP and went 3 for 11 the rest of the game.

The truth is Parker averaged 23 ppg on 47% shooting the first three rounds and only 15.7 ppg on 41% shooting during the finals. He was along Splitter the only guy that exponentially dropped his level on the finals.

His decrease on production is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) reason the Spurs didn't win the championship.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 02:17 PM
They all made mistakes. Those mistakes are the type of mistakes that a team can overcome but Manu and Pop made the most mistakes. The other's mistakes were minor compared to all the bad shit that Pop and Manu did in Game 6 therefore Pop and Manu are the most responsible for costing Timmy his 5th ring. Heat should very grateful that Manu was dishing out assists to the other team and that senile Pop outcoached himself. Pop and Manu are the most to blame. There's no other way around this. Take those Spurs goggles off.

Just as I come to expect from you, more BS crap! Don't you ever get tired of beating a dead horse? Because I guarantee most of us get tired of reading of your redundant posts about Manu and Pop. It is as bad as this other guy blaming it all on TP. It's ludicrous, can't you see that? As much as this guy is convinced it is all TPs' fault, you are equally convinced it is All Manu and Pops fault! Do you see that? Can't you see how dense and blind that is?
That's the last I will comment on it because some people just see what they want to see and you are a prime example of that, just as the OP is!

resistanze
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
?

Spurs were up 13 with 3:35 remaining on the 3rd quarter with all the momentum in the World, people were already handling the Spurs the trophy and making fun of Lebron. From that point forward Tony got into hero ball either 'cause he felt like he had to take the team home or 'cause he wanted to steal finals MVP and went 3 for 11 the rest of the game.

The truth is Parker averaged 23 ppg on 47% shooting the first three rounds and only 15.7 ppg on 41% shooting during the finals. He was along Splitter the only guy that exponentially dropped his level on the finals.

His decrease on production is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) reason the Spurs didn't win the championship.
That's not what I saw in game 6. The Spurs had a 10 point lead entering the 4th quarter until Pop decided to bench Tony TD and Kawhi, where the lead was subsequently erased in minutes. The Spurs were playing catch-up until Parker's step-back 3 and subsequent score to take the lead within the final minute. Call it luck or whatever but the Spurs shouldn't have relinquished the lead once Parker put them ahead with 57 seconds left.

It's madness to proclaim his drop in production can be possibly the biggest reason they didn't win. He was slowed down significantly after the hamstring pull in game 3. And he had LeBron draped all over him for significant parts of the series. They were in position to win the title - they should have won the title.

It's not like if the Spurs won people would say they won 'in spite of Parker'. That's definitely the case for Manu though - if he did literally anything right that game, they probably win. Even with Manu's horror show, they still should've won. It took the biggest comedy of errors in NBA Finals history to reverse that.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 02:51 PM
They all made mistakes. Those mistakes are the type of mistakes that a team can overcome but Manu and Pop made the most mistakes. The other's mistakes were minor compared to all the bad shit that Pop and Manu did in Game 6 therefore Pop and Manu are the most responsible for costing Timmy his 5th ring. Heat should very grateful that Manu was dishing out assists to the other team and that senile Pop outcoached himself. Pop and Manu are the most to blame. There's no other way around this. Take those Spurs goggles off.

Ok, I'll play devils advocate here and say that in some alternate universe you are right about every single thing you've said.
So then the question becomes: what is your solution? Fire Pop and force Manu to retire? What do you expect the Spurs to do since thegreatyacht is spot on in his assessment, and lord have mercy if they don't make him happy?
What exactly do they need to do in order for you to quit your bitching, whining, and redundant bashing?

hater
07-31-2013, 03:19 PM
That's not what I saw in game 6. The Spurs had a 10 point lead entering the 4th quarter until Pop decided to bench Tony TD and Kawhi, where the lead was subsequently erased in minutes.

:tu I'm glad someone remembers how it really happened. 10 point lead entering the 4th and Pop takes out Parker and let's Manu run the show. Unfortunately it was the Miami Heat show yes run by Manu Ginobili.

Manu handed the Heat their run and that is when lead was squandered. If not for Parker, Heat win game 6 by double digits.

Brazil
07-31-2013, 03:41 PM
:lol blaming Parker
:lol blaming individuals
:lol being angry for making a legendary 7 games serie against one of the best team of the past 10 years lead by the most dominant player since MJ with a 30 y/o PG, a sophomore, two tosb, some undrafted dudes, Matt Bonner and a 60 MUSD payroll
:lol spurs fans

:cry I won't ever recover from 28 :cry I cried :cry

cd021
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
You mean Bonner always chokes in the playoffs, don't you? That most will agree with.

Can a role player really choke in the post season? Thats kind of an oxymoron. Super stars get the big bucks to carry a team, Bonner is there to fill a specific need. If he can't fill it in the post season, then its up to pop to make necessary adjustments.

therealtruth
07-31-2013, 05:05 PM

Exactly. There's a difference between unforced/forced turnovers for instance. Coaches reallly hate the unforced ones with the exception of Pop when he's playing Ginobili. It's not to easy to guess why. You can control the unforced turnover by simply not throwing the ball to the other team. If am playing for the Spurs and Pop subs me in on the last possesion and I go up to Lebron and hand him the ball and we lose, you can't keep saying that it's the whole team's fault we lose.

You're right about Pop's rotations. In the regular season you rest your guys to try and close out the game. In game 6 with a 10 point lead and 3-2 series lead you do absolutely everything to protect the lead. Pop coached like he didn't care about the lead. If you keep the lead long enough you usually don't have to overplay your guys. It seems at times like Pop has no sense of game momentum. Everybody but Pop realized it was dangerous for Lebron to get going at the end of the 3rd-4th was where the game was being decided. I takes a certain kind of ego to just believe you can just put your starters in after you've blown the lead and just win the game.

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 07:06 PM
:tu I'm glad someone remembers how it really happened. 10 point lead entering the 4th and Pop takes out Parker and let's Manu run the show. Unfortunately it was the Miami Heat show yes run by Manu Ginobili.

Manu handed the Heat their run and that is when lead was squandered. If not for Parker, Heat win game 6 by double digits.

But with Parker we lose still...............Parker chokePERIOD. Just like everyone else on the team.

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
?

http://thehomesteadingboards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

But but but he's our MVP.:(

hater
07-31-2013, 07:20 PM
But with Parker we lose still...............Parker chokePERIOD. Just like everyone else on the team.

Manu sits the entire playoffs and we win it all.

on the other hand, Parker sits in the playoffs and we lose in round 2 vs. the Warriors

facts support this theory.

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 07:23 PM

on the other hand, Parker sits in the playoffs and we lose in round 2 vs. the Warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrIAJKpQKI

hater
07-31-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrIAJKpQKI

yes he did shoot the game winner. but in my opinion and analysis we beat the Warriors even if we lost game 1.

Kidd K
07-31-2013, 08:03 PM

I don't believe so, because Kundla isn't remembered because he won in the "white era" when the NBA just started and nearly everybody sucked at the sport. A random team of 20-something year old blacktop players from Chicago and New York would probably win the NBA title if you transported them into the past to form a team. Almost nobody from that era is remembered at all besides George Mikan.

Pop won in the modern era and tv era. He'll definitely be remembered. They've already been giving him props every year and calling him the best coach in the NBA for a few years now.

He just won't be mentioned above the "big 3" for title totals and big market wins. But he'd be the 4th face on the Mt. Rushmore of all time great coaches.

DAF86
07-31-2013, 08:43 PM
That's not what I saw in game 6. The Spurs had a 10 point lead entering the 4th quarter until Pop decided to bench Tony TD and Kawhi, where the lead was subsequently erased in minutes. The Spurs were playing catch-up until Parker's step-back 3 and subsequent score to take the lead within the final minute. Call it luck or whatever but the Spurs shouldn't have relinquished the lead once Parker put them ahead with 57 seconds left.

It's madness to proclaim his drop in production can be possibly the biggest reason they didn't win. He was slowed down significantly after the hamstring pull in game 3. And he had LeBron draped all over him for significant parts of the series. They were in position to win the title - they should have won the title.

It's not like if the Spurs won people would say they won 'in spite of Parker'. That's definitely the case for Manu though - if he did literally anything right that game, they probably win. Even with Manu's horror show, they still should've won. It took the biggest comedy of errors in NBA Finals history to reverse that.

I agree with you, Pop was a dumbfuck in games 6 and 7 and Manu was the Heat's best player on game 6 but still he played more or less on the same level he played all season long and during the other playoffs series (11.5 ppg, 38% shooting during the first three rounds and 11.6 ppg on 43% shooting during the finals with all the other stats being about the same, yep including the TO's).

Yeah, the Spurs would have probably won if Pop would have kept his head out of his ass or if Manu would have done anything positive on game 6 but they would have also won if Parker had played anything close to the level he played at all season long during the finals. Pop, Manu and Tony are the three biggest reasons for the Spurs not winning the championship but only Pop and Manu are the ones getting the blame.

DAF86
07-31-2013, 09:09 PM

So, you're telling me that if we sit a guy that was the second playmaker of the team and had a PER of around 19 during the playoffs we win it all? Who would have been the playmaker/ball handler when Parker had to sit? Joseph, Neal? Maybe they wouldn't have turn the ball over as much as Manu (big if, tbh) but they definitely wouldn't have been able to run the show as well as Manu did, even with all the problems Manu had on this regard.

Baam
07-31-2013, 11:34 PM
yes he did shoot the game winner. but in my opinion and analysis we beat the Warriors even if we lost game 1.

We win game 1 more easily without Manu as well, Spurs were up 5 when he launched a Westbrook like midcourt 3 that changed everything.

Baam
07-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Manutards and Popsuckers reaching :lmao

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Manutards and Popsuckers reaching :lmao

So its a reach to say Parker, who was our MVP this whole season, shit the bed in game 6 and went 6-23?

If lebron did that we would never hear the end of it.

Baam
08-01-2013, 12:19 AM
You said he choked when he was actually clutch at the end of the game.

Also ZERO turnover is just incredible against this defense.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/207/ScreenShot2013-06-18at9.15.50PM_original.png?1371615457

Gino and T-Vag with the epic plus minus, lol Pop playing a full bench players lineup at the beginning of the fourth...

spurraider21
08-01-2013, 01:36 AM
you're blaming the wrong Tony tbh....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1016071_550676704979022_186473358_n.png

TE
08-01-2013, 01:38 AM
you're blaming the wrong Tony tbh....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1016071_550676704979022_186473358_n.png
fkk it was the Romo effect...

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:12 AM
It was the Ginobili suck effect. Almost as many TURNOVERS as points. Eight turnovers. Eight. Eight turnovers. Eight. Eight. Eight. Turnovers. Also referred to as MIAMI ASSISTS.

Eight. Turnovers.

for $7.5M a year you, too, can have this washed up, brain dead idiot giving the ball away to your rivals.

Jezus I must be dreaming.

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:14 AM
:lol You say Timmy shit the bed even though he had monster #'s in Games 6 & 7 :lol Kawhi shit the bed even though he was hustling, getting boards, and playing good D on Lebron :lol You say Green shit the bed even though he's a big reason why we even had Games 6 & 7 :lol You say TP shit the bed even though he hit that clutch 3 point shot to put us up by five with 28 secs to go :lol Manu had 8 TURNOVERS, slipped and didn't cover Ray Allen for the clutch three point shot, and kept shooting jacking up three's yet you blaming the whole team :lol Manu's help defense was pathetic fouling every time he reached to swipe the ball yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop took out our best rebounder in Timmy in the final two possessions of the 28 seconds yet you blame the whole team :lol Pop with his regular season rotation in a Game 6 yet it's the whole team's fault :lmao Geez, you are such a blind and delusional homer

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:18 AM

My ten-year old daughter was yelling at Pop not to put in Manu. She was right. As soon as that washed up fool went in and the Real Big Three (Duncan, Parker, Leonard) went out, the lead was gone.... Sickening.

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:24 AM
All Manu had to do for us to win was change one stat in a positive direction by one number.

Instead of 9 points and 8 turnovers...Spurs lose.

10 points and 8 turnovers...Spurs win!

Or

9 points and 7 turnovers....Spurs win!

I am aghast at that stat line and I saw it live. WTF?

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6AKrqv_Yq0

Double dribble. Travel. Should not count.

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:29 AM

This. I have always been a Manu fan and really not big on Parker (except when the Kidd trade idea came up early on--Tony way better and I knew it then) but this is a severe truth bomb. Well aimed, sir.

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:32 AM

A-f...ing-men!

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:35 AM

So true.

Dang there is a mafia in here of smart MFs (TGY, Kidd k, hater, real truth, gold standard, Sean Cagney, etc.)

Skull-1
08-01-2013, 02:39 AM
People keep reminding that TP was hurt.
I honestly don't get how a certain select few want to place the blame on just a few individuals when it has been clearly shown that it was a combination of screw ups by the whole team!

you disappoint me, bro. You have character enough to admit you're wrong but you still clings to this blind loyalty thing.......

Manu was the deciding factor. Hell, just dribble the ball for a shot clock violation once instead of a TO and we win Game Six.....

Obstructed_View
08-01-2013, 04:58 AM
KBL looking like KBP. Bads.

cd021
08-01-2013, 09:04 AM

Parker didn't steal the Finals MVP from Duncan in 07' Parker outplayed him.

In the past 6 seasons (since we last won 07)Parker has averaged 19pts, 5.2 asts, and 46% FG in 72 games for a 41-31 record (.570)

07-08-Lost game 1 at L.A with Duncan having a triple-double and a 15 point second half lead. Lost game 4 because of a non call on Brent Barry who was fouled attempting a 3 pointer. Lost to Lakers in 5 games.

08-09-Manu missed postseason. Parker average 28.4 ppg, 5 asts, and 54%FG. After Parker and Duncan our 3rd best player was Roger Mason Jr. We lost to Dallas in 5 games.

09-10-Missed key stretch of second half of season, Manu and Duncan helped us make it in as the 7th seed. Parker helped us upset the Mavs before we were swept by the Suns. The biggest issue was our lack of spacing. Phoenix could double Parker, Manu and even Duncan because RJ couldn't hit corner 3's. He has to take 17 footers (which he still missed).

10-11-Parker and Manu were co-scoring leaders heading into the 1st round. Playing against a younger, more athletic, longer defensive team. They upset us in 6 games. Parker still managed 19.7 ppg, with Conley and Allen hounding him.

11-12-Lead team in scoring and assists in en route to first WCF in 4 years. Lost in part becaue of lack of scoring at 2 guard, allowed Brooks to switch Westbrook on Green and move Thabo Sefolosha on Parker. Coupled with excellent p&R defense by Collision, Ibaka, and even Perkins. Parker was tasked with leading the Spurs over a more talented team. He came up short but 3 of our 4 losses were close games.

12-13- Had the best post season of his career (in my opinion) leading us to the Finals hit essentially the game winner in game 1, exploded in game 5 for 26pts, and came up clutch in game 6. Struggled in game 7 with hamstring injury.

I think I debunked your theory that Parker doesn't show in the post season.

Agloco
08-01-2013, 09:49 AM

This tbh.

There's an amazing lack of perspective in these parts.

xmas1997
08-01-2013, 11:03 AM
you disappoint me, bro. You have character enough to admit you're wrong but you still clings to this blind loyalty thing.......

Manu was the deciding factor. Hell, just dribble the ball for a shot clock violation once instead of a TO and we win Game Six.....

Actually if you read the Steve Nash interview on this forum you will better understand my point of view and why I say that the most reasonable assessment of the events places the blame on the whole team regardless of whether you are keeping score of particular mistakes.
In any case it is over now and done with, and pointless IMHO to keep belaboring the issue, time to move on and look to the coming season.

kobyz
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM

And moreover Manu played like crap that game, was worst player on the floor...

xmas1997
08-01-2013, 11:34 AM
And moreover Manu played like crap that game, was worst player on the floor...

So what? What can you do about it except whine about it over and over again? It still won't change the outcome.
Time to move on and focus on the upcoming season! The last one is ancient history now and there is nothing you or antone else can do to change it, period!

kobyz
08-01-2013, 12:26 PM
So what? What can you do about it except whine about it over and over again? It still won't change the outcome.
Time to move on and focus on the upcoming season! The last one is ancient history now and there is nothing you or antone else can do to change it, period!
Ahh ahh, But Manu ruined also the upcoming season with the money he took...

xmas1997
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Ahh ahh, But Manu ruined also the upcoming season with the money he took...

Pure BS.

resistanze
08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I agree with you, Pop was a dumbfuck in games 6 and 7 and Manu was the Heat's best player on game 6 but still he played more or less on the same level he played all season long and during the other playoffs series (11.5 ppg, 38% shooting during the first three rounds and 11.6 ppg on 43% shooting during the finals with all the other stats being about the same, yep including the TO's).

Yeah, the Spurs would have probably won if Pop would have kept his head out of his ass or if Manu would have done anything positive on game 6 but they would have also won if Parker had played anything close to the level he played at all season long during the finals. Pop, Manu and Tony are the three biggest reasons for the Spurs not winning the championship but only Pop and Manu are the ones getting the blame.
Or, if Danny Green could make a 3 pointer any time in games 6 or 7, if we're going that route.

But I don't see how Parker playing better could've significantly altered the series. I mean, was there a chance for the Spurs to win in 5 games? I doubt it. Their chance in this series was probably always going to be in game 6, and as we agreed, they should've won it. Bottom line is that's it's Parker who had the full attention of the Heat's best defender, not Manu or anyone else. Being hobbled, he still put them in a position to win the title in game 6, and didn't even turn the ball over. He wasn't at his best but he's probably at best the 6th highest reason they lost the title. He's nowhere near as culpable as Pop (biggest reason by far) or Manu (should've been benched, not his fault after a certain point).

ElNono
08-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Or, if Danny Green could make a 3 pointer any time in games 6 or 7, if we're going that route.

But I don't see how Parker playing better could've significantly altered the series. I mean, was there a chance for the Spurs to win in 5 games? I doubt it. Their chance in this series was probably always going to be in game 6, and as we agreed, they should've won it. Bottom line is that's it's Parker who had the full attention of the Heat's best defender, not Manu or anyone else. Being hobbled, he still put them in a position to win the title in game 6, and didn't even turn the ball over. He wasn't at his best but he's probably at best the 6th highest reason they lost the title. He's nowhere near as culpable as Pop (biggest reason by far) or Manu (should've been benched, not his fault after a certain point).

We were good enough to win it, errors and all. We just didn't get a couple of bounces to go our way on a fairly even matchup. Not the first time it happened to us, and probably not the last. The blame game is silly, IMO, because errors happen all the time, on every game. I'm completely sure Pop and the players tried to coach/play as best as possible to win, and that's all you can ask.

DAF86
08-01-2013, 11:12 PM

6th highest reason? Which were the other 5 excluding Pop and Manu?

I think you're giving your first impression way too much credit on the analysis of the series. I'm sure that if I hadn't gave you the stats you would have thought that Parker averaged 20 ppg or something like that.

Spurs were way too close of winning the championship, a lot of things could have made that happen. The team making one more FT on game 6, grabbing a rebound at the end, Lebron or Allen missing one of their shots, Green maintaining his three point shooting, Splitter playing better, etc. but the three biggest aspects are Pop, Manu and Tony. Parker was the best player of the team all season long, the team went as he went, if the Spurs were pretty damn close to winning it all with him scoring 15 ppg on 41% shooting I think it's fair to say that they would have won it all if he had played more or less at the level he played all season long and for most of the playoffs.

And BTW, why does everybody seem to leave game 7 out of the equation, that was a 2 pts game with 42 seconds to go?

look_at_g_shred
08-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Game 1

resistanze
08-01-2013, 11:25 PM
6th highest reason? Which were the other 5 excluding Pop and Manu?

I think you're giving your first impression way too much credit on the analysis of the series. I'm sure that if I hadn't gave you the stats you would have thought that Parker averaged 20 ppg or something like that.

Spurs were way too close of winning the championship, a lot of things could have made that happen. The team making one more FT on game 6, grabbing a rebound at the end, Lebron or Allen missing one of their shots, Green maintaining his three point shooting, Splitter playing better, etc. but the three biggest aspects are Pop, Manu and Tony. Parker was the best player of the team all season long, the team went as he went, if the Spurs were pretty damn close to winning it all with him scoring 15 ppg on 41% shooting I think it's fair to say that they would have won it all if he had played more or less at the level he played all season long and for most of the playoffs.

And BTW, why does everybody seem to leave game 7 out of the equation, that was a 2 pts game with 42 seconds to go?
Not at all. I think you're trying to ignore the fact he was playing injured for most of the series because either you don't want to believe it or you don't want to 'let him off the hook' so to speak. But it was clear in watching his lack of explosion throughout the series and his over-passiveness that he was gimpy. Also when you're the primary focus of the best perimeter defender in the series (and top 3 in the league), I wasn't expecting him to produce superstar numbers - hell Lebron was horrendous by his standards for 75% of the finals, but he also the entire ficus of the Spurs defensive gameplan. Timmy was either single covered or hit with soft double teams the entire series - they were fine with him trying to beat the Heat. Again, unless you think the Spurs were gonna win in a sweep or 5 games then I'm not sure what else TP could've done to alter the series that he didn't do by the end of game 6.

And TD was the best player on that team the whole season. He was the defensive anchor and probably the true DPOY, while experiencing a revival on the offensive end. But I know the point you were making anyways.

DAF86
08-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Not at all. I think you're trying to ignore the fact he was playing injured for most of the series because either you don't want to believe it or you don't want to 'let him off the hook' so to speak. But it was clear in watching his lack of explosion throughout the series and his over-passiveness that he was gimpy.

Supossedly he was injured since the Golden State series and that didn't prevent him from performing pretty well on that series and the next one, against the best defense on the league. Maybe he got even more injured I don't know but that's not the point. The point is that if Parker would have produced at his usual level the Spurs would have won the series.

Also when you're the primary focus of the best perimeter defender in the series (and top 3 in the league), I wasn't expecting him to produce superstar numbers - hell Lebron was horrendous by his standards for 75% of the finals, but he also the entire ficus of the Spurs defensive gameplan. Timmy was either single covered or hit with soft double teams the entire series - they were fine with him trying to beat the Heat.

Well, that's also why I hated that hero ball stint Parker had at the end of the game (mainly at the end of the 3rd quarter when the Spurs had all the momentum in the World). If you're injured and against the best perimeter defense in the league, why do you keep forcing shit up? Keep doing what got us there, moving the ball, finding the open shooter, feeding Timmy on the post, etc. Would have been nice to give Leonard the ball on the post a bit more too.

Again, unless you think the Spurs were gonna win in a sweep or 5 games then I'm not sure what else TP could've done to alter the series that he didn't do by the end of game 6.

What did Parker do at the end of game 6? Hit 3 out of 11 shots? Yeah, he hit two HUGE back to back baskets (including a flukey three with the clock winding down after 23 seconds of needless dribbling) that should have been enough to win it but that doesn't mean he played well at the end of the game, maybe if the Spurs would have kept doing what they were doing we wouldn't have needed hero ball.

And TD was the best player on that team the whole season. He was the defensive anchor and probably the true DPOY, while experiencing a revival on the offensive end. But I know the point you were making anyways.

That's arguable, either way the point stands. If Parker would have played more or less at the level he played all season long the Spurs would have won.

Brazil
08-02-2013, 10:00 AM
:cry stop blaming Manu :cry Blame Parker also :cry normally it's always TP's fault and Manu is gold no matter what :cry

DAF86
08-02-2013, 11:43 AM

That's funny 'cause that's what you're doing :lol

lol "stop blaming individuals" :cry
lol I already shitted long and hard on Manu
lol Parker shitted the bed and you know it

Just deal with it like I did with Manu, I still like them both and Pop. But they fucked up, shit happens.

Brazil
08-02-2013, 12:09 PM
That's funny 'cause that's what you're doing :lol

lol "stop blaming individuals" :cry
lol I already shitted long and hard on Manu
lol Parker shitted the bed and you know it

Just deal with it like I did with Manu, I still like them both and Pop. But they fucked up, shit happens.

If you have a look I didn't blame any individuals for this loss. You all are playing the guilty game, I don't.

Just deal with the fact that the team lost.

DAF86
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
If you have a look I didn't blame any individuals for this loss. You all are playing the guilty game, I don't.

Just deal with the fact that the team lost.

Yeah, I know and good for you but I do play the blaming game and Pop, Manu and Tony deserve it, tbh.

kobexxx
08-02-2013, 12:20 PM
tony is good in reg season... happens all time

Brazil
08-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I know and good for you but I do play the blaming game and Pop, Manu and Tony deserve it, tbh.

a team win a team loose the whole team made mistakes over the serie at one point or another
even tim could be blamed he could have said stfu to pop when he benched him

that's the way I see things anyway

xmas1997
08-02-2013, 04:03 PM
a team win a team loose the whole team made mistakes over the serie at one point or another

That is the way most sane reasonable people see it, but we have some real kooks on this forum!:wow

Johnny RIngo
08-02-2013, 08:56 PM
TP has a reputation of underperforming in the playoffs but, to be fair, last season was probably his best playoff run...until the Finals. Wasn't very good against the Heat but he has a legit excuse for his performance. The injury probably hampered him. Doesn't help that the Heat were primarily focused on stopping him. Regardless, he doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of blame Manu does. 40 year old Ray Allen, on a cheap contract, was more productive for the Heat than our $14 million SG. Can't expect to win a title when you throw away money on bad contracts to washed-up has-beens.

Diego20
08-02-2013, 09:22 PM
TP has a reputation of underperforming in the playoffs but, to be fair, last season was probably his best playoff run...until the Finals. Wasn't very good against the Heat but he has a legit excuse for his performance. The injury probably hampered him. Doesn't help that the Heat were primarily focused on stopping him. Regardless, he doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of blame Manu does. 40 year old Ray Allen, on a cheap contract, was more productive for the Heat than our $14 million SG. Can't expect to win a title when you throw away money on bad contracts to washed-up has-beens.

I always expect to win a title no matter what players are playing, even when Manu, TD and TP retires. You must be one of those that aren't fan of SA but Fan of the players?

ElNono
08-02-2013, 09:53 PM

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/reck24/Didnotread.gif

Brazil
08-03-2013, 12:12 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/reck24/Didnotread.gif

:lol like u didn't read 3 sentences

lefty
08-03-2013, 12:53 AM
OP with the froof bombs !!!!!!!

ElNono
08-03-2013, 01:41 AM
:lol like u didn't read 3 sentences

just wanted to use that gif, tbh :lol

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2013, 09:51 AM
We were good enough to win it, errors and all. We just didn't get a couple of bounces to go our way on a fairly even matchup. Not the first time it happened to us, and probably not the last. The blame game is silly, IMO, because errors happen all the time, on every game. I'm completely sure Pop and the players tried to coach/play as best as possible to win, and that's all you can ask.Not sure about Manu tbh. I mean the guy looked like he tried his ass off making sure that the Spurs didn't win the championship by passing the ball to Heat players.
I always expect to win a title no matter what players are playing, even when Manu, TD and TP retires. You must be one of those that aren't fan of SA but Fan of the players?:lmao These words coming from a Manutard?

cd021
08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I found that in the past 6 postseasons, Parkers averaged

19 ppg
5.2 apg
48%FG

in 72 postseason games (41-31 in those games for a winning percentage of .569)

I think anyone who actually watches the post season every year knows Parker comes up big.

Skull-1
08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Not sure about Manu tbh. I mean the guy looked like he tried his ass off making sure that the Spurs didn't win the championship by passing the ball to Heat players.

Baseline
08-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Pop took a Top-5 All-time player OUT of the game twice in the last minute of Game 6. Tim Duncan, who had delivered 4 rings to this guy already, was forced to sit and watch his 5th ring disappear. Inexcusable. Unforgiveable.

Skull-1
08-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Pop took a Top-5 All-time player OUT of the game twice in the last minute of Game 6. Tim Duncan, who had delivered 4 rings to this guy already, was forced to sit and watch his 5th ring disappear. Inexcusable. Unforgiveable.

therealtruth
08-03-2013, 03:24 PM

It almost looked like he was trying to throw the game. At least when he did that against the Warriors he at least went with Splitter and we say Splitter's defensive work in closing out the Grizzlies.

Kool Bob Love
08-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I found that in the past 6 postseasons, Parkers averaged

19 ppg
5.2 apg
48%FG

in 72 postseason games (41-31 in those games for a winning percentage of .569)

I think anyone who actually watches the post season every year knows Parker comes up big.

And in the past 6 season TP hasn't led the Spurs to win shit. 6-23 is coming up big now? Game 7 never happens if Parker plays better in 6.

therealtruth
08-04-2013, 08:23 PM
And in the past 6 season TP hasn't led the Spurs to win shit. 6-23 is coming up big now? Game 7 never happens if Parker plays better in 6.

He probably didn't expect Lebron to defend him for the full game.

cd021
08-04-2013, 11:46 PM

So his 19 pts in game 6, including 5 in the last 2 minutes of regulation go unnoticed? Manu, Kawhi and Pop all lead to the Spurs meltdown. I stated that your belief that Parker doesn't show in the postseason is just wrong. 19pts 48 % FG is strong numbers over such a long period of time. There is no case you can make that he choked against Miami.

He was being guarded by a ;6'9, athletic, freak of nature, for the entire game on a bum hamstring. Green and Ginobili were ineffective. It was basically Duncan and Kawhi doing things besides Parker.

Splitter couldn't give us much, Neal scored well but not well enough, Joseph was too inexperienced. Diaw isn't capable of carrying an offensive burden (he excels as a complementary player). Factor all of that in and we still had several shots in the final 2 minutes to tie, take the lead, or cut it to one. Parker got us that far, you can't just ignore than fact to help your argument.

Duncan's had rough shooting nights in big postseason games (I.E Game 7 vs Detroit where he shot 10-25) but played well enough to give us a chance. Pop knew he had to ride Parker hard in game 7 and that his hamstring injury was effecting his play, somewhat. Neal, Joseph and Manu each couldn't be trusted to give him a rest.

Parker played hard and left it all out there, for a Spurs fan to not see (and respect) the effort he played with is bad enough, but to criticize him for losing a heartbreaking series ,that really wasn't his fault, is even worse.

By the way not winning an NBA title doesn't mean your some kind of loser.

07-08-Lost game 1 at L.A with Duncan having a triple-double and a 15 point second half lead. Lost game 4 because of a non call on Brent Barry who was fouled attempting a 3 pointer. Lost to Lakers in 5 games in WCF.

08-09-Manu missed postseason. Parker average 28.4 ppg, 5 asts, and 54%FG. After Parker and Duncan our 3rd best player was Roger Mason Jr. We lost to Dallas in 5 games in 1st round.

09-10-Missed key stretch of second half of season, Manu and Duncan helped us make it in as the 7th seed. Parker helped us upset the Mavs before we were swept by the Suns. The biggest issue was our lack of spacing. Phoenix could double Parker, Manu and even Duncan because RJ couldn't hit corner 3's. He has to take 17 footers (which he still missed). Lost in 4 games in the Semi Finals.

10-11-Parker and Manu were co-scoring leaders heading into the 1st round. Playing against a younger, more athletic, longer defensive team. They upset us in 6 games in the 1st round. Parker still managed 19.7 ppg, with Conley and Allen hounding him.

11-12-Lead team in scoring and assists in en route to first WCF in 4 years. Lost in part becaue of lack of scoring at 2 guard, allowed Brooks to switch Westbrook on Green and move Thabo Sefolosha on Parker. Coupled with excellent p&R defense by Collision, Ibaka, and even Perkins. Parker was tasked with leading the Spurs over a more talented team. He came up short but 3 of our 4 losses were close games. Lost in 6 games in the WCF.

12-13- Had the best post season of his career (in my opinion) leading us to the Finals hit essentially the game winner in game 1, exploded in game 5 for 26pts, and came up clutch in game 6. Struggled in game 7 with hamstring injury. Lost in 7 games in the Finals.

Kool Bob Love
08-04-2013, 11:56 PM
By the way not winning an NBA title doesn't mean your some kind of loser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsgdAG-yg0I

Kool Bob Love
08-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Trust me I hope next year TP comes out with a vengeance. And when TP does, I will be the 1st to eat crow.:toast

Sean Cagney
08-05-2013, 12:04 AM

He was good in most of the postseason as well TBH. He did not play great in the last two games as most outside of Tim and Leonard did not, but he had a very good run up until that point.

cd021
08-05-2013, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsgdAG-yg0I

Good commercial? But doesn't really apply to Parker, now does it? He was the starting guard on 3 Championship teams. You're point was Parker choked and its common for him to come up small. My numbers I've produced proves otherwise. You've got to the 6-23 performance in game 7. I countered with valid points and even a comparison to Duncans game 7 at Detroit.

You then posted a commercial about 2nd place. Taking the 7 +paragraphs and reducing it to one sentence and using a commercial to respond .....really?:lol

By Game 6 and 7 we really had only two options. Parker and Duncan. Kawhi played well early but faded late. Missing an free throw that would have helped clinch a title, and in game 7 missing an open 3 that would have given us a 1 point lead with a little over a minute left.

Parker was legitimately hampered by his injury. Having someone 7 inches taller and quick enough to stay in front of you certainly didn't help. Parker still got the Spurs in position twice to win a title.

If we were talking about say

Chris Paul

Deron Williams
&
Steve Nash

then this commercial still wouldn't apply considering they've never even been runner up to the title.

cd021
08-05-2013, 12:36 AM

If you mean he chokes in the postseason, you're wrong. As i've already posted to the OP twice...

Tony Parker since 2007 postseason (6 seasons)

19PPG
5.2 APG
48FG%

Regular Season P.E.R-20.8
Post Season P.E.R.-20.7

Spurs 41-31 (.570)

1 Finals appearances
3 WCF appearances
1 Semi Finals appearance

He is the biggest reason, we've been relevant this long (after winning in 07, when Duncan was 31) . Duncan looked on his last leg two seasons ago and has resurfaced as the teams co MVP.

Kawhi, Green and Splitter need to continue to take on bigger roles and we can have a couple of shots to send Tim out in style.

Kool Bob Love
08-05-2013, 12:37 AM
G

03 - TP bench in favor Speedy Claxton the last mins of game 6.

05 - Duncan had a prime Manu go 8-13 23 points 5 rebounds 4 assist in game 7. Something I expected from MVParker this year but he didn't do that.

07 - :lol boobie gibson.

Parker is what he is. A 3rd option on a championship team. Maybe next year he can take the next step. Will see.

I do give Parker props for calling out the front office 2 seasons ago. The "we aren't contenders anymore" took balls to say.

After that comment the Spurs traded HWMNBN, Drafted kawhi, started Tiago, and Pop actually preach more defense.

dylankerouac
08-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Kawhi, Green and Splitter need to continue to take on bigger roles and we can have a couple of shots to send Tim out in style.

Tiago really needs to work on his ability to finish this summer. So many easy missed baskets.

cd021
08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Tiago really needs to work on his ability to finish this summer. So many easy missed baskets.

Its like he makes 4 nice, contested layups layups and then misses 1 easy one and that he probably could have dunked and I get extremely annoyed.

therealtruth
08-05-2013, 09:56 PM

I agree. 60% isn't good enough. He should be shooting 70+%.

Kool Bob Love
08-06-2013, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmFJavTmnc

dylankerouac
08-06-2013, 03:04 AM
I agree. 60% isn't good enough. He should be shooting 70+%.

It's not his percentage I'm worried about, it's his lack of ability to finish and gain Pop's trust to keep him out there. Tiago only had 4 minutes in the 7th game against the Heat.

Tiago's minutes went from 25 minutes to 23 minutes to 24-14-10-8-4. That inability to finish ended up hurting the team and its potential to be in a better position with Tiago in the game. He and Duncan were the best defending tandem in the league after all. Tiago is a good player, that's not in question. He needs to take his offensive game to the next level. He's already really good as evidence by the regular season %, how much better can he be. His finishing ability can only improve if he aims to adjust.

dylankerouac
08-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Also, I forgot to add that his FG% was 45% for the Miami series, while his true shooting percentage was 51% for the series.

He came back better last year, he can do it again.

therealtruth
08-06-2013, 06:20 AM
It's not his percentage I'm worried about, it's his lack of ability to finish and gain Pop's trust to keep him out there. Tiago only had 4 minutes in the 7th game against the Heat.

Tiago's minutes went from 25 minutes to 23 minutes to 24-14-10-8-4. That inability to finish ended up hurting the team and its potential to be in a better position with Tiago in the game. He and Duncan were the best defending tandem in the league after all. Tiago is a good player, that's not in question. He needs to take his offensive game to the next level. He's already really good as evidence by the regular season %, how much better can he be. His finishing ability can only improve if he aims to adjust.

That's on Pop to not give him the quick hook. Pop let Manu screw up as much as he wanted but he give Tiago get a chance to redeem himself. It seemed after game 4 Pop had already made up his mind that this wasn't Tiago's series. As we've seen over 3 years he really needs regular, consistent minutes to play his best.

I agree there's stuff he can work on such as being more forceful, knowning when to use one and two hands, and keeping the ball high.

Spurs7794
08-06-2013, 07:14 PM
03 - TP bench in favor Speedy Claxton the last mins of game 6.

05 - Duncan had a prime Manu go 8-13 23 points 5 rebounds 4 assist in game 7. Something I expected from MVParker this year but he didn't do that.

07 - :lol boobie gibson.

Parker is what he is. A 3rd option on a championship team. Maybe next year he can take the next step. Will see.

I do give Parker props for calling out the front office 2 seasons ago. The "we aren't contenders anymore" took balls to say.

After that comment the Spurs traded HWMNBN, Drafted kawhi, started Tiago, and Pop actually preach more defense.

I don't usually lash out but this is fucking asinine. What would you say if Kawhi grabbed that board, Manu or Kawhi made a freethrow, Manu grabbed that board, or Lebron and Ray missed one of those threes? Good job winning the title but Parker is the 3rd option on a championship team??? Seriously, people are idiots.

Baseline
08-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Why is Parker getting a pass? Because he's not the one who sat Tim at the end of Game 6.

look_at_g_shred
08-07-2013, 02:55 PM
He didn't do anything significantly to lose Game 6 or 7. And going cold doesn't count.

ThaBigFundamental21
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
He isn't getting a pass. He is butter in big games, he can't take the heat. As the youngest member of the Big 3 we should be able to expect more from him. Good luck.

RD2191
08-07-2013, 07:47 PM
He isn't getting a pass. He is butter in big games, he can't take the heat. As the youngest member of the Big 3 we should be able to expect more from him. Good luck.
He's a 6'1 PG, what more can one expect?

Spurs7794
08-07-2013, 08:16 PM

I don't know how people can say this. Since 2007 he has been very strong in big games. Not infallible but strong. He does have a tough time with long defenders but it doesn't make him "butter in big games."

Game 5 against Phoenix in 2008, closed them out with huge jumpers down the stretch.
Game 7 against NO in 2008, has the BIG jumper when the Spurs were choking to put them up 5 with under a minute.
Game 3 and 6 against Dallas in 2010, hit the big jumpers in the 4th quarter.
Game 5 against Memphis in 2011, hit three huge jumpers in the overtime of a do-or-die game.
Game 1 against GS in 2013, had big shot after big shot
Game 4 against GS, hit the big shot to put us up 2 with 30 seconds left.
Game 6 against GS, hit two HUGE THREEs late despite struggling mightily.
Game 3 and 4 against Memphis, came up huge in the 4th quarters and overtime to get us the wins.
Game 1 against Miami, hit the ridiculous jumper to clinch the game (2 of his 10 4th quarter points).
Game 6 against Miami, hit what would have been considered two of the BIGGEST shots in Spurs history if luck had not gone against them.

This is only a list of the games i can remember of him coming up huge late in games. There are plenty of other games where he played incredible throughout.

LakerHater
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
PARKER RETURNS TO TEAM FRANCE AFTER NURSING ‘THIGH PAIN’http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/august/parker-returns-to-team-france-after-nursing-thigh-pain.html

Clipper Nation
10-25-2015, 09:50 PM

:wow

Clipper Nation
10-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Parker was our "MVP" the whole season. He was our "star" player. But this bitch pulled a kobe and went 6-23 in the most important game of the season?

You really gonna defend this shit? You of ALL People. wow. :lmao

^ Devastating truth bombs ^

dabom
10-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Wow. Op straight homo.

Diego20
10-25-2015, 09:59 PM
OP changed his mind, I wonder why..

unleashbaynes
10-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Damn that's a brutal bump

DPG21920
10-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Not like this B...still fam tho

dabom
10-25-2015, 10:05 PM
I have never seen someone get owned this bad since Joe and all his alts. Bump of the year nominee

dabom
10-25-2015, 10:09 PM
I wonder how the french
faggots respond to this.

RD2191
10-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Not like this B...still fam tho

RD2191
10-25-2015, 10:16 PM
I have never seen someone get owned this bad since Joe and all his alts. Bump of the year nominee

RD2191
10-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Brazil in tears right now.

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Funny how you clowns ain't show up when Apa got exposed b... Wonder why

:lol Ariza & Beal

Robz4000
10-25-2015, 10:21 PM
:lol damn, catfaggot getting reamed all over the place

RD2191
10-25-2015, 10:22 PM
:lol damn, catfaggot getting reamed all over the place

Clipper Nation
10-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Funny how you clowns ain't show up when Apa got exposed b... Wonder why

:lol Ariza & Beal
Hey Joe - do you still want to replace Manu with J:lolrrett J:lolck?