PDA

View Full Version : Mavs close to signing Blair per CBS Sports (Update: It's Done)

callo1
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/mavericks-close-to-signing-dejuan-blair-260567.html

Interesting. Blair always played well against the mavs, so I can see their interest. I want details.

**Edit: I just saw this mentioned on the other Blair thread by ace3g I apologize.

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Finally. Maybe there won't be so many Blair threads now.

rjv
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
mavs always steal our best players: mahimini, blair....

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 11:14 AM

:rollin

CubanMustGo
God, the Mavs signed so many suck-ass players in the off-season. You think the Spurs had a crappy time of it, just look at the trash the Mavs have brought in.

xmas1997

:rollin

td4mvp2k
07-30-2013, 11:16 AM
mavs always steal our best players: mahimini, blair....:lol cuban... Luvs da sh*t from spurs... Lol

Dex
07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
:lmao Mav's dumpster-diving on the Spurs again.

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
:lmao Mav's dumpster-diving on the Spurs again.
:lmao

Budkin
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
They staaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

callo1
07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
So assuming Blair is taken off the books, what move can we expect the FO to make?

Josh Childress is available...thoughts? Pretty good defender, and long.

I honestly could see Pop and RC going after him to play spot minutes off of the bench behind KL. Throw out last season, and he is pretty decent, especially on defense.

We can't expect miracle pickups at this stage. Prospect are slim, especially at SF.

RD2191
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM

Samr.
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
So assuming Blair is taken off the books, what move can we expect the FO to make?

You know that player you don't know exists?

Spurs will sign his brother.

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:32 AM
If Blair signs with the Mavs, can somebody give me an up-to-date Spurs roster?

Strategic
07-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Much ado about nothin'.

Shifty
07-30-2013, 11:37 AM
If Blair signs with the Mavs, can somebody give me an up-to-date Spurs roster?
http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

Updated with salaries.

Parker-Joseph-De Colo
Green-Manu-Belinelli-Mills
Leonard
Diaw-Bonner-Pendergraph
Duncan-Splitter-Baynes

dallasmaverickslose
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

Updated with salaries.

Hey thanks man :tu

Jodelo
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
If he joins the Mavs, could you at least keep playblair (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=34893)?

Please............

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA)15m (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/362250437283414016)
DeJuan Blair and the Dallas Mavs have reach an agreement on a contract that will likely be worth $1.4 million for one year, per source.

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 11:57 AM
I can't tell if Mavs fans are serious or just desperate about the signing.

Most can't wait for his rebounding and nasty that they think he'll bring. Really think he'll team up nice with Wright as the backup front court to Dirk and Dalembert.

Say what?

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 11:58 AM

TE
07-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Spurs will miss dejuan somewhat tbh...

td4mvp2k
07-30-2013, 12:02 PM
362248388474966016362248643543171074latta sh*ty playa

Darkwaters
07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA)15m (https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/362250437283414016)
DeJuan Blair and the Dallas Mavs have reach an agreement on a contract that will likely be worth $1.4 million for one year, per source.

Good signing for them. They're seriously dumpster diving and need some people to eat minutes next season. Blair is still a young player and has shown some bursts of ability at times. And at 1.4M that's right about what he deserves. They definitely didn't overpay.

To people that said he was going to be getting like 3yrs/10M....this is more his true market value. Although I figured he would get a second year (maybe as a player option). Oh well.

davidbowie
07-30-2013, 12:10 PM
We love you Dejuan. Don't listen to these nobodies!!!!!! SA legend!!!

No more BEast Blair, no more stak 5. sAS no longer land of tha trill!!

look_at_g_shred
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Good signing for them. They're seriously dumpster diving and need some people to eat minutes next season. Blair is still a young player and has shown some bursts of ability at times. And at 1.4M that's right about what he deserves. They definitely didn't overpay.

To people that said he was going to be getting like 3yrs/10M....this is more his true market value. Although I figured he would get a second year (maybe as a player option). Oh well.

Maybe one year to show everyone what he's got when he actually gets playing time.. then he'll cash in next summer. This of course assuming he doesn't play like shit.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 12:14 PM

He definitely has shown glimpses and some games looked very good, but his problem was he could never do it consistently. He could have a game like this vs Dallas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTKxQJ2sh0

But then follow up that up with a horrible performance. And when he struggles, it's not on 1 end, it's usually on both ends of the court which is just inexcusable. For his sake, I hope he gets it together and maybe a new team will provide him with some motivation.

td4mvp2k
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
They got waterburger in dallas?

Samr.
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM

Not anymore.

bklynspursfan
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)1h (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362244641413804032)
There was some talk of DeJuan Blair landing in DAL via S&T, but instead he'll likely do one-year deal and test free agency again next July.

Expand (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362244641413804032)

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)1h (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/362245351958265856)
A lot of teams offered DeJuan Blair a similar contract, but he's likely going to the Dallas Mavericks because he'll play more minutes there.

Darkwaters
07-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Yea, this is a good gig for Blair. I always said he would be best on a bad team. There aren't many teams worse than Dallas at this point. Plus they needs bigs.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Sucks for Blair that it's a min contract. He deserved to be paid more. I hope he has someone great that is taking care of his money because he strike me as the kind of player who could be broke just after his career.

For Spur, it would have been nice to do some kind of S&T but it was a longshot. Mitakes have been made almost a month ago by overpaying Ginobili and by splitting the MLE on Belinelli/Pendergraph.

callo1
07-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Sucks for Blair that it's a min contract. He deserved to be paid more. I hope he has someone great that is taking care of his money because he strike me as the kind of player who could be broke just after his career.

For Spur, it would have been nice to do some kind of S&T but it was a longshot. Mitakes have been made almost a month ago by overpaying Ginobili and by splitting the MLE on Belinelli/Pendergraph.

True. I have nothing but high hopes for Blair, he always kept his head up and stayed ready to go when called upon. He just suffers from being a tweener, in some ways like an Elton Brand, but worse due to his size.

I wish the Spurs could have signed Manu for 4.5 to 5, but you know how they always give bonuses for their players in their last contracts...like AJ.

I think Pendergraph may surprise some folks here next season.

Bruno, who do you see out there at SF that may be a good fit for what little the Spurs have left? Do you think they just wait until February to see what falls off the trees?

SenorSpur
07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Just as I predicted in another related thread. Mavs and Cuban, once again, picking up Spur leftovers. When it comes to the Spurs, Cuban has penis envy.

If anyone thought Blair drove Pop crazy, just wait until he plays for Rick Carlisle. He may cause the Mavs coach to pull out his own hair.

timtonymanu
07-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Goodbye playblair, the troll that got old fast.

Not a fan of Blair, but I wish him luck.

Mouth is Bleeding
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Monta, Calderon and Blair all on the court at the same time will be historically bad defense.

Leetonidas
07-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Josh Childress is available...thoughts? Pretty good defender, and long.

I honestly could see Pop and RC going after him to play spot minutes off of the bench behind KL. Throw out last season, and he is pretty decent, especially on defense.

We can't expect miracle pickups at this stage. Prospect are slim, especially at SF.

Childress is garbage

LarryDavid
07-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Hopefully he can pay off that jeweler that he owes. Best of luck to him.

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
:lol Phillip

Samr.
07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Monta, Calderon and Blair all on the court at the same time will be historically bad defense.

It only count as "defense" if you try to play it. With those three, it'll be one side of the court = offensive end, other side = rest end.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 01:02 PM
PAYBACK!

Spursfanfromafar
07-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Good riddance to the troll "playblair".

For all his pimping, the kid Blair "only" got a minimum contract.

Definitely a kind of steal for the Mavs. Blair is an above replacement player in the NBA, who is defensively challenged, but is useful as a bench big for sure.

J.T.
07-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Later DeJuan. Don't let the door tear your ACLs on the way out. Oh wait

ace3g
07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Maximum Sports @MaxSportsSA
(http://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA)Source close to Dejuan Blair says he's thinking about Dallas, but New Orleans and Washington also in the mix.

rick1991
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Goodbye playblair, the troll that got old fast.

Not a fan of Blair, but I wish him luck.

Now lets get rid of Nando and playnando

ace3g
07-30-2013, 01:31 PM
(http://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA)Source close to Dejuan Blair says "He's leaning towards Dallas, but definitely nothing has been decided."

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Hmm, interesting development, if N.O. is in the mix.
Does this mean that Oden maybe told them he isn't going there?
Is Oden Miami bound?

Darkwaters
07-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Does Woj have anything to say about this? If Woj says it's one thing or another, then it's probably true.

RD2191
07-30-2013, 01:36 PM
I was always a fan of Blair, fuck Matt Bonner. TBH

Bruno
07-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Bruno, who do you see out there at SF that may be a good fit for what little the Spurs have left? Do you think they just wait until February to see what falls off the trees?

At that stage of the offseason, good players are all gone and only marginal ones remain. James Johnson or Luke Babbitt are maybe the best of the rest for Spurs.

Thee are some signs that hints towards Spurs not looking to add another SF:
- Spurs have 3 quality SG in Ginobili, Green and Belinelli. They are also looking at De Colo at the SG spot. With all that depth at the SG spot, it's safe to say their plan is to have these players also playing the backup SF minutes.
- After the Kirilenko fail, Spurs haven't really been linked to SFs.
- Spurs have 14 players under guaranteed contract and they are trying to sign Oden for the 15th spot.

Personally, I think going with Ginobili/Green at backup SF will work 90% of the times. However, there are these 10% where not having another true SF will hurt Spurs and only 1 SF is problematic if you start playing small ball.

I expect Spurs to look at that issue again at the trade deadline. Between RC saying in SL there is a hole behind Kawhi and Spurs trying to get Kirilenko, you can conclude that Spurs know they have a weakness in that are and are willing to fix it. It just seems that they are extremely picky on who can fix that. Being picky is kinda smart but risky because Spurs might end up with nobody to fill that hole in their roster.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 01:43 PM
I guess he meant payback is a mother last night being he was going there and going to pay us back lol.

xmas1997
07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
At that stage of the offseason, good players are all gone and only marginal ones remain. James Johnson or Luke Babbitt are maybe the best of the rest for Spurs.

- Spurs have 3 quality SG in Ginobili, Green and Belinelli. They are also looking at De Colo at the SG spot. With all that depth at the SG spot, it's safe to say their plan is to have these players also playing the backup SF minutes.
- Spurs have 14 players under guaranteed contract and they are trying to sign Oden for the 15th spot.

Personally, I think going with Ginobili/Green at backup SF will work 90% of the times. However, there are these 10% where not having another true SF will hurt Spurs and only 1 SF is problematic if you start playing small ball.

I expect Spurs to look at that issue again at the trade deadline. Between RC saying in SL there is a hole behind Kawhi and Spurs trying to get Kirilenko, you can conclude that Spurs know they have a weakness in that are and are willing to fix it. It just seems that they are extremely picky on who can fix that. Being picky is kinda smart but risky because Spurs might end up with nobody to fill that hole in their roster.

Being picky hopefully is sound business. And with reports that N.O. is still in the mix for Blair's services that Dallas is not a lock, could mean they are out of the Oden sweepstakes. That either means that Miami has Oden for sure, or a longshot is the Spurs are still being considered.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
(http://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA)Source close to Dejuan Blair says "He's leaning towards Dallas, but definitely nothing has been decided."

That's very weird after what Blair tweeted.

davidbowie
07-30-2013, 01:54 PM
THIS WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT US

cd98
07-30-2013, 01:59 PM

Probably true that they are no rush to add a small forward that doesn't fit what they need him to do. Kirilenko would have been the perfect fit. After that, I'm not sure that anyone else was. They can always get a spot for one down the road by dumping De Colo.

They can probably get away without having a backup against most teams, but they are going to need a backup against the Thunder. We are also assuming that Kawhi doesn't miss any games with injuries. I'd say we also need at least two small forwards against Miami, assuming both teams have a rematch in the finals.

I'd say that you can get by with shooting guards at the 3 spot for the regular season, but by the playoffs, they'll need to add another 3. They are probably giving themselves time to find the right one instead of rushing to sign one of the crappy free agents.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Still would love to get Ariza.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-30-2013, 02:14 PM

There are some signs that hints towards Spurs not looking to add another SF:
- Spurs have 14 players under guaranteed contract and they are trying to sign Oden or Pittman(my hope) for the 15th spot.

Personally, I think going with Ginobili/Green + Diaw at backup SF will work 99% of the times. However, there are these 1% where not having another true SF will hurt Spurs and only 1 SF is problematic if you start playing small ball.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I was always a fan of Blair, fuck Matt Bonner. TBH

I always wanted both of them to be gone honestly. I always said it's 2012 or 2013 and we are still talking about which one to play on the SPURS team :lol. I thought they both should have been gone years ago but they were still on the team and fans saying play so and so more like it would make a damn of a difference :( Good luck to Blair though.

GET BONNER OFF THE DAMN TEAM! I thought I would rant that one more time.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Still would love to get Ariza.

x2

DrunkTXLabrat
07-30-2013, 02:21 PM
blair and bonner for ariza + signing pittman woulda been a mighty savory championship experience move.

UnWantedTheory
07-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Cya homeslice!

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 02:24 PM

Please explain how..

Hoops Czar
07-30-2013, 02:26 PM
It's funny because SI is reporting that Blair has reached an agreement with Dallas.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/30/dejuan-blair-mavericks-sign-contract-free-agent-greg-oden-nba/

Maybe Blair's just posturing until the deal becomes finalized

Boomersgold
07-30-2013, 02:32 PM
playblair, will you still be a spurs fan?

Blair definitely has talent. He's not a scrub, and he's proved that he can compete well against NBA level competition.

BatManu20
07-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Wish him the best. No resentment toward Blair, he was true professional this year at the very least. I thought he'd get more money than that, but at least he doesn't have to give up Whataburger this way, which I think is more valuable to him anyways.

TheGreatYacht
07-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I wish very best for Dejuan Blair. That's right; don't listen to these losers celebrating as if you were some scrub.

Unfortunately he was not gifted with a few inches of height because I honestly think that his short height makes him a bad defender by default given his position. I'll always have good memories of Blair including his run with Team USA in training camp, his rookie/sophomore all-star games, and the Spurs also had the best record in the NBA for two years in a row (2011, 2012) with Blair in the starting lineup I believe.

Good bye Dejuan. You will be missed. I hope Dejuan has a successful and healthy career.

:lmao @ all these haters that regurgitate everything Pop and the FO does. Just because Pop had him in the dog house, these Popsuckers automatically assume that Blair is a scrub. SMH.

CubanMustGo
07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Everyone who doesn't agree with you 100% is not a hater, TGY. Give it a fucking rest, would you?

Budkin
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
We need defense and rebounding to win and Blair simply could not provide that.

silverblk mystix
07-30-2013, 03:21 PM

Keep Bonner - let Blair go, let Neal go,

People here agree with Pop's dementia...

Idiots.

TheRemix
07-30-2013, 03:25 PM
GTFO blair

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Only Bonner left... I'll have a party when he leaves.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 03:28 PM

timtonymanu
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm happy Blair is gone and I'm indifferent about Neal.

Doesn't mean I wish Bonner will stay on the team.

EP Money Man
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Check his twitter out, looks like it was happening already. He says "Pay backs a Mother"

Budkin
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Check his twitter out, looks like it was happening already. He says "Pay backs a Mother"

I think it's because he chose to leave without us getting anything in return.

look_at_g_shred
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM

rmt
07-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Why would Spurs want Oden with TD and Splitter? I'm not happy that they didn't get anything for Neal or Blair. They desperately need a SF - what's gonna happen with small ball or if KL gets injured?

benefactor
07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I wish very best for Dejuan Blair. That's right; don't listen to these losers celebrating as if you were some scrub.

Unfortunately he was not gifted with a few inches of height because I honestly think that his short height makes him a bad defender by default given his position. I'll always have good memories of Blair including his run with Team USA in training camp, his rookie/sophomore all-star games, and the Spurs also had the best record in the NBA for two years in a row (2011, 2012) with Blair in the starting lineup I believe.

Good bye Dejuan. You will be missed. I hope Dejuan has a successful and healthy career.

:lmao @ all these haters that regurgitate everything Pop and the FO does. Just because Pop had him in the dog house, these Popsuckers automatically assume that Blair is a scrub. SMH.
http://global3.memecdn.com/Didnt-read-lol_o_141041.gif

bigfan
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Blair did a good job and good luck to him in Dallas.

anakha
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
No wonder the Mavericks were going after Dwight Howard.

If they play Calderon, Monta Ellis and Blair together, only Dwight could hold that lineup together defensively.

ace3g
07-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Now he can't make up his mind...

DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)Up in the air!

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm not going to miss his tweets. :bang

Figured Stein would have tweeted if the deal was done. Wonder what the hold up is now?

superbigtime
07-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Not sure why the Spurs didn't pay the guy, he's worth the minimum obviously. Getting nothing for Neal and Blair? I expect more than nothing.

Budkin
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Now he can't make up his mind...

DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)Up in the air!

Maybe the Spurs FO is trying to work a S&T out.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
If Blair didn't signed up with Mavs after what he tweeted, it's gonna be hilarious.

Maybe Pelicans have decided to offer him the room exception at the last moment.

Baam
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Classic Blair with the twitter drama...

Duncan2177
07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
:married:
Maybe the Spurs FO is trying to work a S&T out.

Maybe for Shawn Marion?

houston spurs fan
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
They do have in and out burger. Double double will have a new meaning in big d

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
:lol Dejuan

Budkin
07-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Maybe for Shawn Marion?

Hmm... that wouldn't be so bad. He's a decent defender.

timtonymanu
07-30-2013, 05:14 PM

Maybe for Shawn Marion?

As long as Cuban is around, the Mavs won't trade with the Spurs.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/sports/local/videos/vid_961.shtml#.UfhJZz7n7Vk.twitter

Blair to Mavs not done yet, says agent
Dejuan Blair's agent says the free agent center is "leaning" towards signing with the Dallas Mavericks, but nothing has been decided yet. Happy Walters tells Max Sports that contrary to one report of a "Dejuan to Dallas" story being a done deal, the New Orleans Pelicans and Washington Wizards are still in hunt to land his services. Blair tweeted earlier today "Dallas!!!! Now let's have some fun!!!!", but then later in the day said "Up in the air", via twitter.

benefactor
07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
:lol Blair
:lol having his own little version of "The Decision"

Budkin
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Hope it's some kind of S&T. It will suck to get nothing for both Neal and Blair.

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
I know this wont happen but we could do a S&T for Crowder.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 06:51 PM
The way I see it, is that either Pelicans or Wizards have come back to Blair offering him more money.

For Pelicans, they could have learned that they are unlikely of getting Oden and are now offering Blair the room exception.
For Wizards, a S&T could have been made possible because either Spurs or Wizards have caved at the last minute.

Chinook
07-30-2013, 06:51 PM
It could be the case that the moment other teams saw he was going off the market, their bids went up.

Also, how the hell can Dallas afford to give him anything above the minimum? They don't have any exceptions left, they have no cap room, and they can't even rouse up enough assets to swing a sign-and-trade.

spurs10
07-30-2013, 07:00 PM

I expect Spurs to look at that issue again at the trade deadline. Between RC saying in SL there is a hole behind Kawhi and Spurs trying to get Kirilenko, you can conclude that Spurs know they have a weakness in that are and are willing to fix it. It just seems that they are extremely picky on who can fix that. Being picky is kinda smart but risky because Spurs might end up with nobody to fill that hole in their roster.The trade deadline in February, you think?

playblair
07-30-2013, 07:04 PM
blair bidding war shows blair = highly touted ......................

spurs10
07-30-2013, 07:09 PM
The trade deadline in February, you think? Wrote this earlier today and forgot to post. My question to Bruno, Chinook, or others is, do you think we wait until February to fill the back-up SF spot? Seems late in the season to work someone meaningful into the rotation. Diaw was an anomaly, how he just stepped right into play.

Knoxxx
07-30-2013, 07:11 PM
**Edit: I just saw this mentioned on the other Blair thread by ace3g I apologize.

Apology not accepted, too wussy like, please never again start a thread. ace3g should apologize for not anticipating your thread to be courteous enough to avoid the duplication.

Bruno
07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
The trade deadline in February, you think?

Well, there is one trade deadline per season and it's in February. So, yes.

Twisted_Dawg
07-30-2013, 07:22 PM
The way I see it, is that either Pelicans or Wizards have come back to Blair offering him more money.

For Pelicans, they could have learned that they are unlikely of getting Oden and are now offering Blair the room exception.
For Wizards, a S&T could have been made possible because either Spurs or Wizards have caved at the last minute.

Aside from fucking that jeweler, Blair was a good soldier here. I hope either NO or Wash does him a solid and offers him a lot more money and years. Plus it would be fun to see Cuban fucked yet again by a free agent that didn't sign with Dallas.

Chinook
07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Wrote this earlier today and forgot to post. My question to Bruno, Chinook, or others is, do you think we wait until February to fill the back-up SF spot? Seems late in the season to work someone meaningful into the rotation. Diaw was an anomaly, how he just stepped right into play.

They very well could sign a player like Thomas or Thompson to and non-guaranteed contract right out of camp while looking to upgrade by trade until the deadline. After the deadline ends, they could look for a player like Ariza or Butler to negotiate a buyout.

spurs10
07-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Well, there is one trade deadline per season and it's in February. So, yes.Understand. Just wondering what are our options before then? Are we free to do any trade we want until the trade deadline? Thank you for your knowledge. I can see us standing pat with our loaded SG's filling the SF backup void for awhile, but wondering if waiting until the last quarter of the season to fill the spot is sound.

spurs10
07-30-2013, 07:32 PM
They very well could sign a player like Thomas or Thompson to and non-guaranteed contract right out of camp while looking to upgrade by trade until the deadline. After the deadline ends, they could look for a player like Ariza or Butler to negotiate a buyout.Thanks! :toast

InRareForm
07-30-2013, 08:13 PM
In n out stock up 200% today

loveforthegame
07-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Of course Blair opens his mouth before signing on the dotted line. :lol

Hoops Czar
07-30-2013, 09:08 PM
New Orleans could go after both Blair and Oden. They only have 12 players under contract. It could also be a fallback plan in case they miss out on Oden.

Darius McCrary
07-30-2013, 09:26 PM
He definitely has shown glimpses and some games looked very good, but his problem was he could never do it consistently. He could have a game like this vs Dallas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTKxQJ2sh0

I was at that game. It was amazing. Was so close, DeJuan even gave me a what's up nod when I shouted "Grizzly Blair!" while he was near baseline.

unforeseen
07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
In n out stock up 200% today

It would but In-N-Out is a privately-owned company.

stxspurs
07-30-2013, 09:45 PM
:lol Blair
:lol having his own little version of "The Decision"

dejuacision?

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Hate to see him leave without getting a pick back.

spurspokesman
07-30-2013, 10:06 PM
This

Axegrinder
07-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Unfollowing....

Rogue
07-31-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm not gonna say it feels like a dream come true but I believe it'll turn out to be an excellent signing for us tbh, a perfect replacement of Elton Brand and an important piece on our future squad. Neal and Blair were always my favorite players on the spurs team, the fittest realistic targets I always wanted on our team. I'm really elated about Blair's arrival and I can't wait to see him debuting in mavs jersey.

Kindergarten Cop
07-31-2013, 06:51 AM

The reports are stating that it is a 1 year minimum contract, yet it's for $1.4M. If Dallas is only able to offer minimum deals now, wouldn't Blair's minimum contract be $1,027,424? Surely they aren't rounding up to $1.4M for some reason, are they?

Bruno
07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
The reports are stating that it is a 1 year minimum contract, yet it's for $1.4M. If Dallas is only able to offer minimum deals now, wouldn't Blair's minimum contract be $1,027,424? Surely they aren't rounding up to $1.4M for some reason, are they?

The min contract for Blair is $947,907 and Mavs can't offer more. Reports of a $1.4M salary are wrong. Reports saying that it's a done deal are also wrong.

kobyz
07-31-2013, 07:30 AM

Maybe 1.4M in a sign and trade?

benefactor
07-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Maybe 1.4M in a sign and trade?
Why are you still alive?

kobyz
07-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Why are you still alive?

I'm trying to find my courage, I'm still can't go out from this nightmare and will never be.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm trying to find my courage, I'm still can't go out from this nightmare and will never be.

How is it Tm can go out and enjoy life (see Morgans Wonderland thread), and you can't?
Pure BS on your part!

kobyz
07-31-2013, 08:23 AM
How is it Tm can go out and enjoy life (see Morgans Wonderland thread), and you can't?
Pure BS on your part!

You can't know what really goes inside Timmy, sometimes what you see outside is not the same inside, I hope Timmy is truly feeling good after that dissepointment, it's hard for me to belive he could completely recover from this... And stop call me bs or troll, I'm the most authentic man in the world...

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 08:50 AM
You can't know what really goes inside Timmy, sometimes what you see outside is not the same inside, I hope Timmy is truly feeling good after that dissepointment, it's hard for me to belive he could completely recover from this... And stop call me bs or troll, I'm the most authentic man in the world...

He looks pretty happy to most of us, and even seems to have a nice tan. You just don't want to feel good, not that you can't. If Tim can, then you can, unless you just love living in misery.
BS.

Russo21
07-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Blair Most Improved Player 2013-14 Averages 18 points 24 rebounds

bklynspursfan
07-31-2013, 09:37 AM
I was at that game. It was amazing. Was so close, DeJuan even gave me a what's up nod when I shouted "Grizzly Blair!" while he was near baseline.

haha that's pretty cool. That was such a fun game to watch, Spurs did it all that night

kobyz
07-31-2013, 09:52 AM
He looks pretty happy to most of us, and even seems to have a nice tan. You just don't want to feel good, not that you can't. If Tim can, then you can, unless you just love living in misery.
BS.

How is that I love living in misery if the reason and what I'm hurt about is me missing and being so close(by less than one inch) to living in perfect world, in heaven, aka a world where Tim with his fifth.

kobyz
07-31-2013, 09:53 AM
BS.

How is that I love living in misery if the reason and what I'm hurt about is me missing and being so close(by less than one inch) to living in perfect world, in heaven, aka a world where Tim with his fifth.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 09:56 AM

How?
Add a foot since you are missing an inch, that way you will get something in between. It is really only common sense.
Do you have any common sense? Or are you an invalid in that area?
Seriously, do you think Tim wants you to be this way, especially when he isn't this way?
A majorly important serious question for you: can you LAUGH at yourself, at the way you are being?
I seriously doubt that Tim wants, or needs, you to suffer on his behalf. He has enough to worry and think about other than his fans suffering for him. He is more than capable of doing that for himself, don't you think?

anakha
07-31-2013, 10:01 AM

Either kill yourself already or admit you're an attention whore.

Budkin
07-31-2013, 10:09 AM
There's already a psychotherapy thread for this shit.

benefactor
07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Well...just take my advice and suicide bomb some part of society that needs it. Plenty of instruction on the internets about building bombs. That way you will fulfill your purpose and do the world a favor at the same time.

Spur|n|Austin
07-31-2013, 11:11 AM

Listen to me now and hear me later - you, are a girly man!

http://splitsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/03-hansfranz.jpg

kobyz
07-31-2013, 11:16 AM
How?
Add a foot since you are missing an inch, that way you will get something in between. It is really only common sense.
Do you have any common sense? Or are you an invalid in that area?
Seriously, do you think Tim wants you to be this way, especially when he isn't this way?
A majorly important serious question for you: can you LAUGH at yourself, at the way you are being?
I seriously doubt that Tim wants, or needs, you to suffer on his behalf. He has enough to worry and think about other than his fans suffering for him. He is more than capable of doing that for himself, don't you think?

Your points are not valid even if they have in them some sense... I can't feel otherwise , this is just the way it is , facts can not be changed...

kobyz
07-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Listen to me now and hear me later - you, are a girly man!

All along I'm not gay I'm good... But to me to be authentic and real is to be cool...

Bruno
07-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Keep your whining out of this thread. Thanks.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Your points are not valid even if they have in them some sense... I can't feel otherwise , this is just the way it is , facts can not be changed...

I give up on you!
:troll

rayray2k8
07-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Stop feeding that attention whore and leave this thread for updates on the blair situation. Theres already a thread already for that idiot.

Budkin
07-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Time to get this thread back on track...

http://i.imgur.com/oSzUSCW.jpg

playblair
07-31-2013, 12:04 PM
^ :rolleyes....................

Spur|n|Austin
07-31-2013, 12:07 PM
He sure was adamant that he was heading to Dallas, but reports are still floating around that he could end up in Washington. Any new updates lately?

ace3g
07-31-2013, 12:11 PM

I wonder how much of these he has bought

http://media.culturemap.com/crop/28/3d/600x450/Whataburger-ketchup-and-mustard_103940.jpg

Budkin
07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
I wonder how much of these he has bought

http://media.culturemap.com/crop/28/3d/600x450/Whataburger-ketchup-and-mustard_103940.jpg

Whataburger Ketchup is the shit. Saw it at HEB and grabbed it.

ace3g
07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
They sell the fries there as well

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 12:26 PM
They sell the fries there as well

Yeah, but as good as their burgers are, their fries don't even compare to Chris Madrids or Chesters.

SpurSpurSpurs
07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Hoping to not see "PLAY BAIR" posts from now on...

kobyz
07-31-2013, 01:03 PM
I give up on you!
:troll

You full of bs!

wildchild
07-31-2013, 01:30 PM

C'mon Respect for Blair!
http://cdn3-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2012/05/file_169303_2_ashley_logan.jpghttp://cdn3-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2012/05/file_169303_0_ashley-logan-dejuan-blair-dating-1.jpg

Budkin
07-31-2013, 01:46 PM
^ That is one lucky ball.

xmas1997
07-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Keep your whining out of this thread. Thanks.

You full of bs!

Did you read what Bruno said? Don't make him come in there! You'll be sorrier than you are now if you do!
Seriously though, I don't know who is worse, you with your whining BS, or thegreatyacht with his blind dense redundant unreasonable bashing.
I'm convinced you are both trolls!

Budkin
07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Did you read what Bruno said? Don't make him come in there! You'll be sorrier than you are now if you do!
Seriously though, I don't know who is worse, you with your whining BS, or try with his blind dense redundant unreasonable bashing.
I'm convinced you are both trolls!

Will everyone please stop responding to kobyz in this thread?

Bruno
07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
If it was needed, Blair deal not being done with Mavs was also reported yesterday by another source:

Blair twitter/instagram has been quiet about a Mavs signing since his tweet about that. He just posted a weird picture on how tough the road is???

While it's possible that he has received a last minute offer, his agent might also have convinced him to wait Oden choice. When Oden will pick his team, provided he did that one day, some opportunities should open for Blair that will pay him more than the min salary.

Budkin
07-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Please sign and trade with Wizards. Ariza or that other dude everyone was high on. Forget his name.

timtonymanu
07-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Yep. Everything weighs on Greg Oden. Taking forever to pick a place for a guy who's not even a superstar.

Oden better not pull some more bullshit by saying he needs another week to decide.

Budkin
07-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Wonder if he's still high on Pop?

http://i.imgur.com/B7jelmk.jpg

Bruno
07-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Aside of Ariza, other Wizards gettable players (Vesely, Séraphin, Booker and Singleton) are seriously flawed. It would be very understandable that Spurs aren't interested at all in them.

kobyz
07-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Aside of Ariza, other Wizards gettable players (Vesely, Séraphin, Booker and Singleton) are seriously flawed. It would be very understandable that Spurs aren't interested at all in them.

Talking like Blair is not flawed, I still not understand why an nba team will want to sign him, especially a team with playoff intention...

rayray2k8
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM
If oden is the reason for blair waiting out, then Mr glass needs to make up his mind already. We know he's not joining the spurs and the spurs dont really need him. Still in need of a backup 3 and if possible shed a guard or Bonner preferably.

Budkin
07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
If oden is the reason for blair waiting out, then Mr glass needs to make up his mind already. We know he's not joining the spurs and the spurs dont really need him. Still in need of a backup 3 and if possible shed a guard or Bonner preferably.

Bonner is NEVER leaving the Spurs no matter how much we pray. It's too obvious at this point. We threw Hedo away after one season of shooting bricks in the playoffs. Bonner's done it for like 5 years straight.

ace3g
07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
well...

DeJuan Blair @DeJuan45
(http://twitter.com/DeJuan45)DALLAS ITS OFFICIAL!!!! instagram.com/p/cc8oIBLqwt/ (http://t.co/hwvFbNeOLw)

LakerHater
07-31-2013, 08:44 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hz4j7q.jpg

exstatic
07-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Yep. Everything weighs on Greg Oden. Taking forever to pick a place for a guy who's not even a superstar.

Oden better not pull some more bullshit by saying he needs another week to decide.

He was supposed to decide Monday, and now it's this weekend. Does that count?

Budkin
07-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Man whoever did that Photoshopped jersey sucks.

ace3g
07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
hmmm

(http://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA)Dejuan Blair's agent says via text Mavs signing official; says Dejuan turned down other teams for "double the money."

loveforthegame
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Have fun in Dallas. Can't wait for the payback man. :lol

Budkin
07-31-2013, 08:56 PM
hmmm

(http://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA)Dejuan Blair's agent says via text Mavs signing official; says Dejuan turned down other teams for "double the money."

Wait, other teams were going to give him double the money? Or the Mavs did?

Budkin
07-31-2013, 08:57 PM
So no S&T either. We got jack shit for Neal and Blair.

loveforthegame
07-31-2013, 08:58 PM
I assumed he turned down double the money to play for the Mavs.

I wonder if that's why the Spurs signed replacements so quickly? Because they knew s/t were not likely to happen?

Darius McCrary
07-31-2013, 09:26 PM
haha that's pretty cool. That was such a fun game to watch, Spurs did it all that night

Yeah. Diaw gave me a thumbs up from the bench when I shouted to him. And when I shouted "Neal with it!! Neal with it!!" Gary Neal glanced over, semi-rolled his eyes, and focused on the game. Seemed to tell me that he didn't wanna be distracted, which I respected. But Blair was loving the adoration.

BackHome
07-31-2013, 09:53 PM
One year deal with mavs..How much?

playblair
07-31-2013, 10:08 PM
hmmm

where are the blair haters who said blair was unwanted & only worth the minimum ................. your crow is awaiting ...............................

Kindergarten Cop
07-31-2013, 10:16 PM
One year deal with mavs..How much?

The Mavs could only offer him a minimum deal worth ~$950,000 (not the $1.4M that was reported earlier).

rastaspur
07-31-2013, 10:19 PM
[/B]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
where are the blair haters who said blair was unwanted & only worth the minimum ................. your crow is awaiting ...............................
He signed for the minimum. No one is eating crow. Go eat a whataburger with your fat ass chocolate emo boyfriend.

barakz21
07-31-2013, 10:22 PM
He signed for the minimum. No one is eating crow. Go eat a whataburger with your fat ass chocolate emo boyfriend.

Made my day! Or night. :rollin

therealtruth
07-31-2013, 10:26 PM
hmmm

Either he didn't want to get to far from Whataburger or he's trying to rub it into the Spurs face. If he was going to turn down double the money he should have asked the Spurs to resign him for the minimum.

ducks
07-31-2013, 10:44 PM
did not want him for the min
would rather have oden then him for min

ace3g
07-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Blair can't even get a Woj tweet, lol

Strategic
07-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Not everything we might have wanted but the sucker is gone.

Darkwaters
07-31-2013, 11:16 PM
[/B]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

By saying he turned down an offer worth "double the money" I assume they meant a 2 year deal at the minimum (instead of the 1 year deal at the minimum he signed). Either way, he signed for what I thought he was worth.

Mel_13
07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
hmmm

[FONT=Arial]Maximum Sports [COLOR=#888888]@MaxSportsSA

Do some people really believe that Blair turned down double the annual salary that he got from Dallas? Please...

Blair signed for the minimum salary for one year. So what's twice as much as that?

The minimum salary for two years.

After failing to get his client anything greater than the minimum salary, his agent took a one year deal from a team bad enough to give Blair enough minutes to take another shot at free agency next summer. Then he had one of friends in the media tweet the "double the money" thing to save a little face for his client. Technically, it's the truth, but it doesn't mean what most people will assume that it means.

Anyway, good luck to Blair in the 78 games he plays against everyone except the Spurs.

Edit: Darkwaters beat me to it.

Axegrinder
07-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Spurs body fat % just plummeted while team IQ shot up.

Strategic
07-31-2013, 11:34 PM
Maybe this will help get San Antonio off of the fattest city list?

Axegrinder
07-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Maybe this will help get San Antonio off of the fattest city list?Ha strat..keep hope alive

Rogue
08-01-2013, 12:18 AM
A team, just like a human's body, only needs one brain imho. My nigga blair ain't the smartest player on this planet but I don't think it takes an 180 IQ plus a doctorate's degree to grab some rebounds and play some solid D imho. Blair is an ideal replacement to Brand, and maybe even an upgrade because he's younger & tougher, dude brings the width and strength to our paint that no one else delivers.

Axegrinder
08-01-2013, 12:22 AM
A team, just like a human's body, only needs one brain imho. My nigga blair ain't the smartest player on this planet but I don't think it takes an 180 IQ plus a doctorate's degree to grab some rebounds and play some solid D imho. Blair is an ideal replacement to Brand, and maybe even an upgrade because he's younger & tougher, dude brings the width and strength to our paint that no one else delivers.Good luck with that "solid D" and 6'6" player strengthening your paint.

Rogue
08-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Wasn't he the starting PF next to Duncan a couple years back, when he was still a rookie? Don't know what the hell happened to him that caused his relegation from a starter straightly down to the colder end of the bench, but I feel he got done harsh on imho. Dude definitely deserves a 2nd chance and I genuinely hope he can flourish in Dallas or wherever else he plays. I've been a fan of that nigga since his rookie season, and him joining Dallas has to be the 3rd best news for me in this summer next only to the returns of Thread and my nigga scrote

playblair
08-01-2013, 12:37 AM
rogue :toast........................... u can expect a 20/15 20/20 or 30/20 game from blair this upcoming season .................................

Spur|n|Austin
08-01-2013, 12:45 AM

:lol

TXstbobcat
08-01-2013, 12:54 AM
If he gets more playing time in Dallas, then good for him. I don't think this is a big loss for the spurs.

DapDaGenius
08-01-2013, 01:51 AM
I wish the best for him.

callo1
08-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Poor Devin Harris is first given that nice contract offer by the Mavs, only to have it withdrawn, and then he is signed by Mavs for the vet min as well.

I wish Blair well. The Mavs are actually recovering somewhat with a nice team.

Obstructed_View
08-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Good for him. Mavfan won't understand how Blair's putting up good numbers and they're still losing, then he'll go get a bigger contract from someone else that doesn't understand defense next year.

look_at_g_shred
08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Bet you he is circling the first Mavs/Spurs game... lol "the return"

Assman
08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Not sure why everyone is hating on him. He went from starter to bench to DNP - Coaches Decision without bitching like most in his position would do. He may not be the best defender in the league but he always played his ass off and had a good attitude. Most on here bashed Gary Neal in the same way when he left. When you look around the league and see how much drama some teams put up with, it makes you appreciate guys like DB and GN.

Sean Cagney
08-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Not sure why everyone is hating on him. He went from starter to bench to DNP - Coaches Decision without bitching like most in his position would do. He may not be the best defender in the league but he always played his ass off and had a good attitude. Most on here bashed Gary Neal in the same way when he left. When you look around the league and see how much drama some teams put up with, it makes you appreciate guys like DB and GN.

I agree and both of them played very well in spurts, however they are both very limited and I don't think both will be sorely missed! Both not good defenders either, but as you said great attitudes for the most part and never complained alot. I wish both of them well, except when we PLAY DALLAS I hope we kick his and their ass.

ducks
08-01-2013, 02:25 PM
blair did bitch about playing time

Budkin
08-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Payback!

unforeseen
08-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Dallas continues their rebuilding efforts through 2020.

RD2191
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Dallas continues their rebuilding efforts through 2020.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
i'm so happy to see the end of the spurs/blair story. and, i feel sorry for blair. AND, i hope i'm wrong. but my blair prediction is kinda awful. but i can't help seeing the likelyhood. this is the beginning of a nasty tailspin. and i actually blame buford, for not setting him free much sooner.

brought in with hopes to capitalize on his desperate gratitude. and did, for a bit. until the pageant mom syndrome set in. then they messed with his mind. yearning for him, the body he just can't attain. tweaking his minutes and role. threatening to send him into foreign exchange. for motivation, at first. until the threats began to take seed. feeding him slop garbage minutes and laughing at his displays of frustration. they greedily overvalued him at the foreign exchange, as they've always overvalued him. until they drove him mad enough to take up arms...

now... anthony davis, dwight howard, marc gasol, oh and of course tim duncan... will feast upon his short, bad knee'd body. until he grand-defeatedly regrets his attempt at payback. get depressed about not taking da money. then eats his way back to fat blair, again... it'll only be a season or two before the knees completely blow or his corpse is scavenged by any other normal sized center. bad karma for the spurs. blair, like bonner, is a reminder that no team is perfect. even the spurs.

look_at_g_shred
08-01-2013, 11:12 PM
i'm so happy to see the end of the spurs/blair story. and, i feel sorry for blair. AND, i hope i'm wrong. but my blair prediction is kinda awful. but i can't help seeing the likelyhood. this is the beginning of a nasty tailspin. and i actually blame buford, for not setting him free much sooner.

brought in with hopes to capitalize on his desperate gratitude. and did, for a bit. until the pageant mom syndrome set in. then they messed with his mind. yearning for him, the body he just can't attain. tweaking his minutes and role. threatening to send him into foreign exchange. for motivation, at first. until the threats began to take seed. feeding him slop garbage minutes and laughing at his displays of frustration. they greedily overvalued him at the foreign exchange, as they've always overvalued him. until they drove him mad enough to take up arms...

now... anthony davis, dwight howard, marc gasol, oh and of course tim duncan... will feast upon his short, bad knee'd body. until he grand-defeatedly regrets his attempt at payback. get depressed about not taking da money. then eats his way back to fat blair, again... it'll only be a season or two before the knees completely blow or his corpse is scavenged by any other normal sized center. bad karma for the spurs. blair, like bonner, is a reminder that no team is perfect. even the spurs.:lmao