PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe To Duncan: " My ring count is higher than yours.”

Koolaid_Man
07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
While Bryant was chatting with Max and Marcellus (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8892494/dwight-howard-kobe-bryant-getting-same-page-los-angeles-lakers) yesterday, he spoke about a recent encounter he had with longtime foe Tim Duncan.

Max said Kobe better watch out for Duncan because he’s just behind Bryant in the ring department.

This was Kobe’s reaction:

We had a really good discussion about that when we played in San Antonio. Man, he said something to me about a shot I took or something like that. He said something like, “Hey man, Kobe’s out here shooting all the balls,” or something like that. I said “You know what, I remember beating you guys a few times in the playoffs,” and he said, “Yeah you guys got us a couple of times,” I said, “You know what? I think my ring count is a little higher than yours.”

Axegrinder
07-30-2013, 09:11 PM
S A L T Y

Calispursfan11
07-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Kool, what are you campaigning for an instant ban tbh with this fucking spam? I like you brah, but the number of threads must go down while the quality goes up ok ? :tu

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 09:23 PM
so if manu or kawhi hit a free throw, it makes duncan a greater player?

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2013, 09:23 PM
My ring count is higher. Let us proceed.

Leetonidas
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
congrats on proving Kobe knows how to count. not surprised a pedofag like you would think "5 rings faggot!" is some good smack talk

Juggity
07-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Tim's logical response would be to pull out the three finals MVP trophies

Koolaid_Man
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM

Bill Russell says Blow Kool

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2013, 09:55 PM
http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mocxnm9yW91r2b4iuo1_500.gif
Bill Russell says Blow Kool

Banzai
07-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Duncan to Kobe "At least I haven't lost a finals series"

Thread
07-30-2013, 10:13 PM

Duncan: 5

the tired old shit bag Kobe: 5

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 10:15 PM

Duncan: 5

the tired old shit bag Kobe: 5
don't be purposely obtuse. it goes to show that ring count is a team thing and not to be the sole judgment when ranking players.

ElNono
07-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Duncan to Kobe "At least I haven't lost two finals series"

fify

Thread
07-30-2013, 10:18 PM
don't be purposely obtuse. it goes to show that ring count is a team thing and not to be the sole judgment when ranking players.

Any Board I light it is the sole judgment.

& that's just the way it's gonna be.

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Any Board I light it is the sole judgment.

& that's just the way it's gonna be.

so the difference between Kobe and Duncan is Sasha making free throws and Manu missing one.

Thread
07-30-2013, 10:38 PM
so the difference between Kobe and Duncan is Sasha making free throws and Manu missing one.

Yes. As well as Pierce backing away from Artest for some inexplicable reason.

As well as Allen on automatic initiating a back pedal. WTF thinks of that when all around one is calamity?

As well as Duncan hurrying for no reason whatsoever after he's spent an entire NBA career being deliberate & thorough. He did what Kobe would have done if switched at that moment.

Banzai
07-30-2013, 10:39 PM
fify

or that haha

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes. As well as Pierce backing away from Artest for some inexplicable reason.

As well as Allen on automatic initiating a back pedal. WTF thinks of that when all around one is calamity?

As well as Duncan hurrying for no reason whatsoever after he's spent an entire NBA career being deliberate & thorough. He did what Kobe would have done if switched at that moment.
so you can acknowledge that team accomplishments are a different topic than individual prowess? thus ranking players by how many championships their team happened to win is fairly luck based and inaccurate?

Thread
07-30-2013, 10:52 PM
so you can acknowledge that team accomplishments are a different topic than individual prowess? thus ranking players by how many championships their team happened to win is fairly luck based and inaccurate?

Frankly I do not engage in that thorough of an examination of the subject. I was just brought up & broken on the ring count wheel.

You too would be aspiring to raw count if it were 5-5 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe and you know it. And I wouldn't blame you one iota. And I wouldn't contest it with "paperwork." I'd have to sit here and take it.

irishock
07-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Frankly I do not engage in that thorough of an examination of the subject. I was just brought up & broken on the ring count wheel.

You too would be aspiring to raw count if it were 5-5 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe and you know it. And I wouldn't blame you one iota. And I wouldn't contest it with "paperwork." I'd have to sit here and take it.

You wouldn't even be here if it was Duncan 5-5 Kobe :lol

Thread
07-30-2013, 10:56 PM
You wouldn't even be here if it was Duncan 5-5 Kobe :lol

My ass. I'd a returned either way. I'd a just walked instead of running full blast speed thru the fucking house.

"What's wrong, Dale? Was is it?" - Girl

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
07-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I love how Spurfans finally understand the concept of one teammate's missed shot can affect a superstars ring count. Robert Horry 2003? The most celebrated victory in Spurs history?

spurraider21
07-30-2013, 10:58 PM

the only reason i WOULD go to that is because a bulk of my acquaintances are Laker fans such as yourself who have begun using the rings argument since 2010 and use it to death. i WOULD use it on this site because many a laker fans resort only to the rings argument, and it seems to be the only thing they understand, which is quite convenient since they didn't seem to understand it before '09/10.

championships are obviously one of the key components in player evaluation. the first championship validates a player (see Dirk). but there are so many variables Cully, and you are intelligent enough to know that. the team you are surrounded by. for instance, LeBron's first 8 years were buried in Cleveland where his best sidekick ever was Mo, while Kobe spent the first 7 years of his career BEING a sidekick to Daddy. yes, at the time it was Daddy doing work, as evidenced by their numbers in the finals.

going solely by ring count is a lazy man's argument which people seem to conveniently pick up when "their guy" has the rings

Thread
07-30-2013, 11:01 PM
while Kobe spent the first 7 years of his career BEING a sidekick to Daddy. yes, at the time it was Daddy doing work, as evidenced by their numbers in the finals.

& it was Kobe who ignited in Oregon in '00 making it feasible for Daddy to see the light of day. Bub, Media was coming for Daddy if we'd a lost there. Not Kobe, uh, uh, they'd a saved Kobe for another day, yes, but, they was comin' for Shaq and they were going to skin him alive.

ElNono
07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
I love how Spurfans finally understand the concept of one teammate's missed shot can affect a superstars ring count. Robert Horry 2003? The most celebrated victory in Spurs history?

:lol rememba det one time after losing to Memphis when you said the Spurs would be missing the playoffs around now
:lol history2bs
:lol swept

ChumpDumper
07-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Never happened.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 01:43 AM
& it was Kobe who ignited in Oregon in '00 making it feasible for Daddy to see the light of day. Bub, Media was coming for Daddy if we'd a lost there. Not Kobe, uh, uh, they'd a saved Kobe for another day, yes, but, they was comin' for Shaq and they were going to skin him alive.

Yes, Cub, secondary players and role players do make big differences in title runs. Only further proving my point. While it is absolutely true that Kobe was second banana, he was a great second banana indeed. 1 banana can never win on his own

TDMVPDPOY
07-31-2013, 01:47 AM
lol kobe counting rings cockrings won as a 2nd banana and rings he bought for his wife as ring counts...

HI-FI
07-31-2013, 02:20 AM
lol kobe counting rings cockrings won as a 2nd banana and rings he bought for his wife as ring counts...
:rollin

Thebesteva
07-31-2013, 02:52 AM

Your mother sucks cocks in hell

whitemamba
07-31-2013, 02:59 AM
Kobe boilin it down...

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2013, 03:23 AM
:lmao Kobe feels proud of being a sidekick

:lmao Kobe feels proud of getting carried by Shaq

:lmao Kobe is proud of his 6-24 shooting in 2010 NBA Finals Game 7

:lmao Kobe is proud of getting carried by 7 footers for all his rings

:lmao Kobe takes credit for Joey Crawford's 2010 NBA Finals MVP award

lefty
07-31-2013, 04:00 AM
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/4920970629_7fb8758dbc-jpg.jpe

Arnold Toht
07-31-2013, 04:06 AM
http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/d21/unsecured/media/315980433/315980433_2488870344001_HEAT-STILL-.jpg?pubId=315980433

AchillesHeel
07-31-2013, 05:24 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818293/takethathaters.gif

irishock
07-31-2013, 05:26 AM
How could you post that shit achilles, it should've been timmy D holding up his 4th FMVP

AchillesHeel
07-31-2013, 05:32 AM
How could you post that shit achilles, it should've been timmy D holding up his 4th FMVP

Thread
07-31-2013, 06:09 AM
:lmao Kobe feels proud of being a sidekick

:lmao Kobe feels proud of getting carried by Shaq

:lmao Kobe is proud of his 6-24 shooting in 2010 NBA Finals Game 7

:lmao Kobe is proud of getting carried by 7 footers for all his rings

:lmao Kobe takes credit for Joey Crawford's 2010 NBA Finals MVP award

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

irishock
07-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Dale waking up at 4:12 pacific :lol

Thread
07-31-2013, 06:17 AM
Dale waking up at 4:12 pacific :lol

My first thought upon waking? The D'Backs lost last evening. tee, hee.

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 06:56 AM

No. It would have meant Manu or Kawhi would have saved the day. Something Jim could not do.

Koolaid_Man
07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Kobe stealing Cully's shtick!!! Next thing you know he'll start calling Timmy Tammy...Can't beleive Kobe looking to Laker Nation for his trolling material :lol

Blake
07-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Vanessa to Amy: "My diamond ring count is higher than yours"

Michael Jordan.
07-31-2013, 08:20 AM

Thread
07-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Vanessa to Amy: "My diamond ring count is higher than yours"

Nice of ya to come down. The initial shock of 6 finally dissipating a little, eh?

That's your friend, for life. Until the day you die.

ha, ha.

Rogue
07-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Writers don't need as much sleep as most people do imho. Kori also only sleeps like 4 hours every day. I think reading & writing rest their minds just as good as sleeping does, they don't need to lie in bed to be "sleeping" imho.

Blake
07-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Nice of ya to come down. The initial shock of 6 finally dissipating a little, eh?

That's your friend, for life. Until the day you die.

ha, ha.

Meh. I don't live and die through the exploits of overpaid, spoiled, entitled pro athletes unless I have money on the game.

Thread
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Meh. I don't live and die through the exploits of overpaid, spoiled, entitled pro athletes unless I have money on the game.

...& the overpaid, spoiled, entitled pro athletes makes ft's and layups. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You put up a wall to seal off 6. It'll do ya nary good. You'll take the '13 Finals to the grave, daddy. 6 is just like the 4, Blake. Exactly the same, cept you lost.

Blake
07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
...& the overpaid, spoiled, entitled pro athletes makes ft's and layups. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You put up a wall to seal off 6. It'll do ya nary good. You'll take the '13 Finals to the grave, daddy. 6 is just like the 4, Blake. Exactly the same, cept you lost.

Cept I didn't lose because i didn't play

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Cept I didn't lose because i didn't play

Of course your lost. Own up to it.

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, Cub, secondary players and role players do make big differences in title runs. Only further proving my point. While it is absolutely true that Kobe was second banana, he was a great second banana indeed. 1 banana can never win on his own

Hakeem did and Kobe did.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Hakeem did and Kobe did.
You can make a much better case for Hakeem than Kobe. Pau is definitely a banana.

That's weird to read out loud :lol

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 01:11 PM
You can make a much better case for Hakeem than Kobe. Pau is definitely a banana.

That's weird to read out loud :lol

Pau was an unwanted man prior to playing with Kobe. Kobe made him famous. He instantly became overrated. That team that beat Orlando was the weakest team ever title team ever!!!

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Pau was an unwanted man prior to playing with Kobe. Kobe made him famous. He instantly became overrated. That team that beat Orlando was the weakest team ever title team ever!!!

Check Spurs '03 roster/stats :lol

you had Andrew, Pau, Lamar. thats nothing to scoff at. Ariza had a fantastic playoff run, making 48% of his 3's, and sealed a couple of games with inbounds steals. nobody on the Spurs 03 roster came close to Pau or even Lamar

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Check Spurs '03 roster/stats :lol

you had Andrew, Pau, Lamar. thats nothing to scoff at. Ariza had a fantastic playoff run, making 48% of his 3's, and sealed a couple of games with inbounds steals. nobody on the Spurs 03 roster came close to Pau or even Lamar

Bynum was and still is a BUM... and he was and still is injured. Odom was and still is a mental midget. Kobe carried a team of losers to back to back. No other way of putting it.

ambchang
07-31-2013, 01:36 PM

Bullshit, teams were fighting for Pau's services. Bulls were willing to give up Deng, who was a rising star back then, for Pau.

Quit rewriting history, which is the only thing Kobe fans can do to prop up their false god.

ambchang
07-31-2013, 01:38 PM
When you use ring counts and nothing else to argue one player is better than the other, you have already lost the argument.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Bynum was and still is a BUM... and he was and still is injured. Odom was and still is a mental midget. Kobe carried a team of losers to back to back. No other way of putting it.

2003 Finals stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2003_finals.html)

2009 Finals stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2009_finals.html)

tell me again, who had more help? Pau alone trumps anything the Timmy had on his side. The Spurs 2nd leading scorer in the finals was 21 year old Tony parker averaging 14 points on 38% shooting, who was often benched in favor of Speedy Claxton in crunch-time :lol

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
2003 Finals stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2003_finals.html)

2009 Finals stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2009_finals.html)

tell me again, who had more help? Pau alone trumps anything the Timmy had on his side. The Spurs 2nd leading scorer in the finals was 21 year old Tony parker averaging 14 points on 38% shooting, who was often benched in favor of Speedy Claxton in crunch-time :lol

Duncan played with 3 future HOF'ers... Kobe best player was Fisher.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 02:00 PM
you are simply pathetic. funny how you like to refer to robinson's 11 and 7, manu's 8 ppg, parkers 14 ppg on 38% shooting as hall of fame players. neither were playing at that caliber at the timePERIOD

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 02:05 PM
you are simply pathetic. funny how you like to refer to robinson's 11 and 7, manu's 8 ppg, parkers 14 ppg on 38% shooting as hall of fame players. neither were playing at that caliber at the timePERIOD

They were all champions in heart. Let's not forget Jackson as well.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 02:16 PM
They were all champions in heart. Let's not forget Jackson as well.

yes jackson's 10ppg on 38% shooting was instrumental in the 03 finals. he had his clutch moment where he knocked in those big 3's in game 6 though, i'll give that. role players have to do something, but lets not be retarded and pretend the Spurs cast that year had anybody near as good as prime Pau

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 02:23 PM
yes jackson's 10ppg on 38% shooting was instrumental in the 03 finals. he had his clutch moment where he knocked in those big 3's in game 6 though, i'll give that. role players have to do something, but lets not be retarded and pretend the Spurs cast that year had anybody near as good as prime Pau

Combined talent it's a wash. That Kobe led team was a sad team. With the exception of Pau... where are all those players?

Sasha... out of the league
Walton???
Odom... rehab.
Ariza???
Bynum??? LOL!!!
Radmon???
Fartmar???

Kobe led a team full of bums.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Combined talent it's a wash. That Kobe led team was a sad team. With the exception of Pau... where are all those players?

Sasha... out of the league
Walton???
Odom... rehab.
Ariza???
Bynum??? LOL!!!
Radmon???
Fartmar???

Kobe led a team full of bums.

i can list the bottom of the spurs bench too. Danny Ferry? Kevin Willis? Steve Smith? Speedy Claxton? nobody on the spurs compared to pau. nothing you say can refute that, but keep spinning it and deflecting if it helps ya sleep at night

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 02:40 PM
i can list the bottom of the spurs bench too. Danny Ferry? Kevin Willis? Steve Smith? Speedy Claxton? nobody on the spurs compared to pau. nothing you say can refute that, but keep spinning it and deflecting if it helps ya sleep at night

Minus Pau that was our rotation.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Minus Pau that was our rotation.

yes, just throw out the hall of fame big man that was in his prime

Thread
07-31-2013, 04:30 PM
When you use ring counts and nothing else to argue one player is better than the other, you have already lost the argument.

Let us proceed...

j-money24
07-31-2013, 07:28 PM

In that case, than TImmy won't be ranked as high without his rings.
Karl Malone best PF of all time

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:42 PM

i said not the SOLE judgement. as in, ring count =/= all time rank. as in robert horry isn't better than MJ. reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of people on this forum

Thread
07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
i said not the SOLE judgement. as in, ring count =/= all time rank. as in robert horry isn't better than MJ. reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of people on this forum

And if you had the 5 you'd be plowing my ass with it. Just take the pickle and suffer. You got no choice. You didn't get it.

Clipper Nation
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
And if you had the 5 you'd be plowing my ass with it.
Nuh uh, your ass would still be hiding on your front porch stoopPERIOD

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 07:54 PM
And if you had the 5 you'd be plowing my ass with it. Just take the pickle and suffer. You got no choice. You didn't get it.

like i told you earlier, the only reason i'd actually use it is to give a taste of your own medicine, not because i actually believe its true

Thread
07-31-2013, 08:14 PM
like i told you earlier, the only reason i'd actually use it is to give a taste of your own medicine, not because i actually believe its true

That's convenient & simply adorable.

Thread
07-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Nuh uh, your ass would still be hiding on your front porch stoopPERIOD

Horseshit. I'd a been in here pronto, not like a shot from a cannon as was the case, but, I'd a showed.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
That's convenient & simply adorable.

its equally convenient as adorable as when laker fans adopted the rings argument only after kobe surpassed duncan, don't you think?

Thread
07-31-2013, 08:34 PM
its equally convenient as adorable as when laker fans adopted the rings argument only after kobe surpassed duncan, don't you think?

When I landed here it was 4-4. Of course I'd been doing ring counts over at the Suns places and far in my past so it was only natural to bring that tact here. It's been fun and you know it.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 08:38 PM
When I landed here it was 4-4. Of course I'd been doing ring counts over at the Suns places and far in my past so it was only natural to bring that tact here. It's been fun and you know it.

sure, though i never confuse fun with accuracy. i'm sure that if timmy does manage to pick up 5 or even 6 it would be fun to just play the rings game. but i know that going only by rings is not an accurate method of evaluating/ranking players

Thread
07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
sure, though i never confuse fun with accuracy. i'm sure that if timmy does manage to pick up 5 or even 6 it would be fun to just play the rings game. but i know that going only by rings is not an accurate method of evaluating/ranking players

I'm mentally affected by the formulation I'll admit, but, it makes for an intense Board experience.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm mentally affected by the formulation I'll admit, but, it makes for an intense Board experience.

all i could ask for, really

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 08:47 PM
It's cool Cully. They had "Kobe can't win without Shaq."

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 08:58 PM
It's cool Cully. They had "Kobe can't win without Shaq."

sounds like you've been scarred by that

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 09:01 PM
sounds like you've been scarred by that

Kobe 2

Shaq 1

Michael Jordan.
07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Kobe 2

Shaq 1

Buddy Mignon
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM

u-2Hd-Ly2CQ

Kool Bob Love
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM

Every great franchise loses the NBA Finals at least once Dale. 69 and 84 ring a bell? Spurs just got to make the playoffs and win the last game they play.

6 will be a after thought once we host up 5 tbh.

Michael Jordan.
07-31-2013, 09:11 PM
u-2Hd-Ly2CQ

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mocxnm9yW91r2b4iuo1_500.gif

scroteface
07-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Counting tongue ring it's Kobe: 5 Duncan: 5

Thread
07-31-2013, 09:33 PM
6 will be a after thought once we host up 5 tbh.

No. If you ring again 6 will be at the front of your mind, then 5.

spurraider21
07-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Kobe 2

Shaq 1
Kobe 2
Shaq 3

ambchang
08-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Let us proceed...

You lost.

ambchang
08-01-2013, 07:57 AM

First, those 3 HoFs were either way past his prime or not close to theirs.

Second, Gasol and Odom was better than Fisher

Third, since when are teammates important for Kobe fans?

ambchang
08-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Tim Duncan beats Malone in WS/48 in both regular season and playoffs (wide margin in playoffs).

Tim Duncan has better per 36 minute stats than Malone in rebounds, blks, turnovers, fouls, and only slightly less in assists and stls, and about 20% less in points (without the assist leader in NBA history feeding him the ball all his career).

So, no, Malone is not better than Duncan, not even when comparing stats.

ambchang
08-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Horseshit. I'd a been in here pronto, not like a shot from a cannon as was the case, but, I'd a showed.

Coward.

Thread
08-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Coward.

You fucked up.

& I've no sympathy for you.

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
I think kobe is a faggot

ambchang
08-01-2013, 03:08 PM
You fucked up.

& I've no sympathy for you.

No need to lose it Cubby. You and I both know that if 6 didn't happen, you will be hiding in your cubby hole, only to emerge and beat Kathy girl with your walking cane.

Thread
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
No need to lose it Cubby. You and I both know that if 6 didn't happen, you will be hiding in your cubby hole, only to emerge and beat Kathy girl with your walking cane.

Just thank Christ we didn't have to bear witness.

Arnold Toht
08-25-2013, 05:19 AM
^ :lol

LkrFan
08-25-2013, 06:41 AM
I think Jim is a faggot

Agreed. {slowclapgif} :toast

Bill_Brasky
08-25-2013, 09:26 AM
i wanna have a 3way with magic and kobe so we can all have the same aids together

Hey look i can change post quotes too just like SBM.

LkrFan
08-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey look i can change post quotes too just like SBM.
Yeah, but when I do it, it is 99.999998% true. :lol

whitemamba
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah, but when I do it, it is 99.999998% true. :lol

glad your checking in, we are outnumbered! CALL IN THE RESERVES!!