PDA

View Full Version : LB Gone & Garnett Rumor ... Let it die...

wsdp
07-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Alright... let's be frank - I've been listening to Sports Radio all morning in Detroit - noone's said a damn thing and ... sorry "Pistons < Spurs", you're full of crap.

I was very vocal during the Finals and we all agreed the Spurs and Pistons are more or less equal... if game 7's at the palace, pistons win, etc...

But honest to goodness, I haven't heard a damn thing about this rumor and for the ESPN board to say "I heard on WDFN that ..." is a load of crap as I've been dialed into them all morning.

The only thing they're saying basketball wise (and I tend to agree) is both the Pistons and Brown were done with each other... Glass can spin it any way he wants, Brown was through with the Pistons the day after the Draft when he went to the Mayo Clinic... and thanks to Larry's flirtations (he admitted in June to advising Gilbert who to hire in Cleveland) w/ Cavs & Knicks (he's had a 5-year, 60-million deal on table with Isiah for a week now... if he signs that, do you bust New York for tampering as he was still technically a Piston at the time?).... They can spin it how they want, but they both had enough each other.

Back to the original subject though - if you believe for a moment that these INTERNET BOARD rumors have any basis, you're seriously mistaking yourself.

See you guys again in June...

-wsdp ... The Pistons Fan Voice Of Reason :D

Marklar MM
07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
i know the rumor is probably false because other teams out there will be willing to offer a better deal to get Garnett.

sickdsm
07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
If I was a Caesar salad, the croutons would be my friends, the lettuce would be my family and the dressing itself would be my mom. Because you can have the lettuce and the croutons, and it can be called a Caesar, but until you have the dressing and it actually tastes like a Caesar. ... So my mom would be the dressing. [Asked about the values his mom instilled in him] It's easy to run when the shit is bad, you know what I mean? Just think about, when you have a bad day, someday you've got to stand up to it. That's the only point I'm trying to make." NBA."
- KG talks about loyalty and how he refuses to bail out of Minnesota.

1Parker1
07-20-2005, 10:51 AM
If I was a Caesar salad, the croutons would be my friends, the lettuce would be my family and the dressing itself would be my mom. Because you can have the lettuce and the croutons, and it can be called a Caesar, but until you have the dressing and it actually tastes like a Caesar. ... So my mom would be the dressing. [Asked about the values his mom instilled in him] It's easy to run when the shit is bad, you know what I mean? Just think about, when you have a bad day, someday you've got to stand up to it. That's the only point I'm trying to make." NBA."
- KG talks about loyalty and how he refuses to bail out of Minnesota.

:lmao, that sounded like a Shaqism.

wsdp
07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
:lmao, that sounded like a Shaqism.

Not to rehash old B.S.... but with your signature parker... when the Spurs were down 9 in the 3Q of Game 7 and Rasheed was still in the game ... were those words of wisdom crossing your mind?

AlamoSpursFan
07-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Alright... let's be frank

"Ok...can I still be Garth?"

http://danacarveylvr.1colony.com/images/garth1.gif

itzsoweezee
07-20-2005, 04:22 PM
See you guys again in June...

oh, you must mean during the draft

ChumpDumper
07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
KG tosses salads?

Pistons < Spurs
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Alright... let's be frank - I've been listening to Sports Radio all morning in Detroit - noone's said a damn thing and ... sorry "Pistons < Spurs", you're full of crap.

WTF you talking about man? I never said this was going to happen. Never said it was "real". I said this was a "RUMOR", and was asking others if they had heard anything on it, and if they believed it.

I am not the origionator of this "RUMOR" I said numerous times that I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Not to rehash old B.S.... but with your signature parker... when the Spurs were down 9 in the 3Q of Game 7 and Rasheed was still in the game ... were those words of wisdom crossing your mind?

Was that snappy comeback crossing your mind when the Pistons were down seven at the end of the fourth quarter of Game 7?

TheTruth
07-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Was that snappy comeback crossing your mind when the Pistons were down seven at the end of the fourth quarter of Game 7?
OWNED

mavsfan1000
07-21-2005, 12:06 AM
The fact is the pistons should've won this series but San Antonio played smarter at the end of games. Billups had his way with Parker which is why it was so close.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-21-2005, 12:10 AM
The fact is the pistons should've won this series but San Antonio played smarter at the end of games. Billups had his way with Parker which is why it was so close.

Allow me to play Mr. Dictionary for a minute.

fact
n.

1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
1. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
2. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
3. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

mavsfan1000
07-21-2005, 12:53 AM
What should've happened and what did happen. What would you call what should've happened?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Should-a, would-a, could-a does not equal did-a.

The Mavs should've won against PHO, but I'm pretty sure the Spurs played some games in Phoenix and not in Dallas.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-21-2005, 12:56 AM
What should've happened and what did happen. What would you call what should've happened?

Oh, and you said it was a fact.

Sense
07-21-2005, 04:55 AM

You are a complete moron.

jochhejaam
07-21-2005, 05:53 AM
This is a thread started in the Pistons Message Board from their main website. Someone started the rumor on the 19th. Wishful thinking of course.

[
For those that want to let it die, quit posting. Some like to dream and that's okay too. :lol

http://pistons.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/951103441