PDA

View Full Version : Now that L Brown is gone....

Spurologist
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
the obvious question is his next destination.

a. other job (knicks, gm, others)
b. retire (health)

Larry Brown, your thoughts:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/brown_larry0602.jpg

“My goal is to do the best job I can here, and then hopefully be a coach, because that’s what I do. If I can’t, then I’ll deal with that,” Brown said.

“This is my last coaching job,” he said. “The only place I’m going to coach next season, or ever, is Detroit, I think, in terms of ever.”'

Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7980767/)

I don't know Larry. You might just be finding an escape rout towards the Knicks opening. You were talking to the Cavs about the once open GM position. Was that a distraction?

I remember Dumars saying if you want to return, you will coach the pistons. ehhhhhhh. no quite. Dumars was actually keeping his true feeling to himself. I could imagine that how enraged he was to find out that you were linked to another job during the playoffs of all times.

You said you loved all your players during a timeout. Pistons garnered your trust. Ben Wallace even said Game 7 won't be your last game. "It ain't going to be the last time"

Link (http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/24/D03-225416.htm)

Sad to see you go Larry even though in my mind it seemed as though you should've have stayed. Dumars says it's up to you to decide then he decides to fire you without your consent. Sad it went down that way.

vBookie Please.

GoSpurs21
07-20-2005, 10:06 AM
OVERRATED JACKASS...thats about it

BruceBowenFan
07-20-2005, 10:17 AM
i can't believe they let him go

2centsworth
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
OVERRATED JACKASS...thats about it
At the top of his game in his chosen field. Please let me be an overated jackass like him.:rolleyes

sa_butta
07-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Great coach, too bad. Im sure he will have no trouble finding a job elsewhere. I dont know whether he will coach again but maybe front office somewhere. Shit Bring him back to SA that would be killer Larry in the office and Pop on the sidelines.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 10:30 AM
He's meeting with Isiah Thomas about the Knicks coaching job tomorrow.

So much for not wanting/being able to coach this year.

sa_butta
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
He's meeting with Isiah Thomas about the Knicks coaching job tomorrow.

So much for not wanting/being able to coach this year.And he said no more coaching unless Detroit. We will see
if he actually accepts the offer.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
The offer is expected to $60M over five years and make him the highest paid coach in NBA history.

I'm sure his health problems are clearing up very quickly. :)

sa_butta
07-20-2005, 10:38 AM
The offer is expected to $60M over five years and make him the highest paid coach in NBA history.

I'm sure his health problems are clearing up very quickly. :):lol :lol

ducks
07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
thomas would be a fool to offer him a 5 year deal
the longest he would coach is 2 years

nkdlunch
07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
WTF!! Does Thomas smoke crack before making management decisions??

2centsworth
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
WTF!! Does Thomas smoke crack before making management decisions??

Isiah is smart to pursue Larry. Remember, Larry took the Clippers to the playoffs. He'll get the Knicks at least to the second round and probably playing for a championship within 3 years.

angel_luv
07-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I am respectful to Larry Brown for Pop's sake. But I am not a fan of his. I can't pin point why exactly, I just don't like the guy.

That said Larry Brown obviously know basketball. Larry Brown has led his team to the NBA Finals two years in a row.

Larry Brown also deserves some credit for the Spurs play off success, as he was the one who mentored Coach Pop.

I am sure he will get his fair share of offers.
If Larry Brown does get the job in New York, he had better be good to Malik.

sa_butta
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I am respectful to Larry Brown for Pop's sake. But I am not a fan of his. I can't pin point why exactly, I just don't like the guy.

That said Larry Brown obviously know basketball. Larry Brown has led his team to the NBA Finals two years in a row.

Larry Brown also deserves some credit for the Spurs play off success, as he was the one who mentored Coach Pop.

I am sure he will get his fair share of offers.
If Larry Brown does get the job in New York, he had better be good to Malik.True that. He will have his work cut out for him in NY though. "Starbury" is going to have to do something he has never done before, share the basketball. And with Allan Houston and Hardaway on the decline of their prime this will be interesting. Other than that I think NY has a decent team worthy of at least a playoff appearance.

nkdlunch
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Isiah is smart to pursue Larry. Remember, Larry took the Clippers to the playoffs. He'll get the Knicks at least to the second round and probably playing for a championship within 3 years.

I meant the 5yr deal. For Larry, that's insane to me.

Spurologist
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM

:rollin That amount of money could clear up a lot of things.

Darko is probably jumping for joy somewhere. Turnaround for Darko?

Maybe LB likes being a jouneyman, prancing around the nba to try and fix things like a mechanic. I don't see how he could get respect that way, though. If he does get the knicks job, I wonder what the crowd reaction will be when knicks go to the palace.

SenorSpur
07-20-2005, 12:42 PM

Anyone notice how he's not even mentioned his "conditional" health concerns. They guy won the lottery. Because he's such a coaching whore, the Pistons give him "crazy" cash to go away and now gets to sign an even more lucravtive deal with the Knicks.

I'll give him 2 years max with the Knicks. No way he turns around that sorry cast of shit players (excluding Malik Rose) they have.

spursfaninla
07-20-2005, 12:49 PM
The Knicks are a TRAIN WRECK. Remember, Larry did good things with Philly, but when the team lacked talent they went out in the 2nd round, even with AI to lead them. This Knicks team is a total mess, I don't know that a good coach will be able to fix it.

And let me tell you why; defense.

This Knicks team is just not built to play larry brown d.

1)they have NO BIGS,

2) Malik is their center,

3) They have about 10 guards who want to score and can't play d.

Larry can't turn Qrich into Bruce Bowen, end of story.